Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm going to have to punch someone really hard for that comma. You DO NOT put a comma in front of a subordinating conjunction.

Did you make up your own example sentence just to show the error while still being anonymous? If so, cut Javi Blizz some slack. I believe English isn't his native language.

Where would you rank Nephenee among the other Infantry Lance units now with her new weapon and refinement? Personally, I think she is the best now, and even among the best Lance units in general. Her new weapon is bonkers. 16MT, -1 Cooldown, Armor Effective, and Sturdy Stance? I really wish she wasn't 5* locked.

I actually prefer having 4 seasonals on the banner and having MM as the reward. As opposed to 3 seasonal on the banner and 1 of the as a TT reward. Eventually being able to +10 MM for free is going to be really nice. She is a good unit with her good stats, and 2 great weapon refinements. Any F2P'ers should be very happy about having her.

Katarina's weapon is neat. She is basically just a better Arvis with her ability to Quad Ploy. Owl tomes are kinda slept on in general so her having one with 14 might is nice too. Too bad she is 5* locked.

Titania's weapon is disappointing, but no one has considered that she can give +6/+6/+6/+6 to an adjacent horse ally on a mixed team with Hone Cavalry and the Defense Tactics seal. Make that horse a Red Blade tome (Blade tome not necessary), and just those two will have perfect coverage. Titania eats blues and her Red horse buddy should have no problem taking out Reds and Greens with +6 to all stats. Add in 2 L!Hectors with Ostia's pulse and we have a stupidly dangerous mixed team.

Still haven't watched the new unit banner, but I totally knew Linde was one of the Silhouettes.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Did you make up your own example sentence just to show the error while still being anonymous?

The sentence I gave was from Summer Linde's character bio.

I don't care too much if someone butchers grammar on an internet forum. I care a lot when someone butchers grammar in a professional publication.

Oh my God...

Spoiler

Flashing Blade seal... I can finally give Matt Aether and give him a "solo" build with that seal, holy crap. It's an instant upgrade. The second I get it it's maxed.

Speaking of the bonus units seem geared for you to spend on the many banners right now.'

Spoiler

I wonder if Summer Corrin and Summer Gaius appearing is a nod to the Summer Voting Gauntlet finals

Alternatively, Tana, Corrin and Camilla to make a mage flier theme

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The sentence I gave was from Summer Linde's character bio.

I don't care too much if someone butchers grammar on an internet forum. I care a lot when someone butchers grammar in a professional publication.

Oh, that is bad, LOL.

The post directly above your just happened to make this same mistake.

31 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I should probably upgrade and merge the 4 star M!Marths. They're just taking up space.

35 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Intsys is just reminding me that I still need to merge my own Martha up. She is still +2.

I was thinking about that too, but I don't know if that would make me use her more. 

11 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Titania's weapon is disappointing, but no one has considered that she can give +6/+6/+6/+6 to an adjacent horse ally on a mixed team with Hone Cavalry and the Defense Tactics seal. Make that horse a Red Blade tome (Blade tome not necessary), and just those two will have perfect coverage. Titania eats blues and her Red horse buddy should have no problem taking out Reds and Greens with +6 to all stats. Add in 2 L!Hectors with Ostia's pulse and we have a stupidly dangerous mixed team.

Exactly my thought- single cav buffer. Too bad the only blade horse mage I have is LA!Lilina, having double green (and one TA green) seems pretty risky.

Although I guess Leo works but I need to build him properly. He's pretty slow though and -Spd even. No horse Eirika yet.

At least her weapon looks much nicer than the Emerald Axe.

18 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I can finally give Matt Aether and

Flashing Blade can't be used by ranged units, and there's no reason to believe they'll change the restriction for the Sacred Seal.

Wait a minute... why did I think it couldn't be used by ranged units? Hm... must've gotten it confused with the Breath skills.

17 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Oh, that is bad, LOL.

The post directly above your just happened to make this same mistake.

I've edited my post for clarity.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I was thinking about that too, but I don't know if that would make me use her more. 

Considering my main needs more Falchion users (and has no Lucina), it's probably a good investment for me.

Guess I better do those new tactic drills for feathers.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Although I guess Leo works but I need to build him properly. He's pretty slow though and -Spd even.

-Spd/+Def is the best for his unique refinement. +6 to all stats would be interesting for him.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Considering my main needs more Falchion users (and has no Lucina), it's probably a good investment for me.

Guess I better do those new tactic drills for feathers.

I do have a +2 MM (probably +3 soon), my consideration is this: Should I promote the 4* copies to give him more merges, or should I finally promote Chrom (+ATK/-RES) and Marth (neutral)? 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I do have a +2 MM (probably +3 soon), my consideration is this: Should I promote the 4* copies to give him more merges, or should I finally promote Chrom (+ATK/-RES) and Marth (neutral)? 

I promoted +Atk/-Res Chrom and he just deletes Grimas. I made him player phase with Death Blow and Drag Back for hit and run shenanigans, and even without refine he does his job fine.

OG Marth is really useful with his refine. Spur Spectrum really helps agains bulky enemies, atlhough I personally would wait for +Spd.

Having many anti-dragons throughout 7 Arena Assault battles is really useful. M!Marth is my best Falchion/last resort because of her merges, although I only merged the already 5 star ones

@Hawk King I've got +HP/-Spd, so good enough I guess haha (more QR range I think). Maybe I'll try it out once I go down my Divine Dew upgrade list

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Flashing Blade can't be used by ranged units, and there's no reason to believe they'll change the restriction for the Sacred Seal.

Um.. But...

9DJ1Wtm.png

I'm pretty sure I recall the restriction only being for for Horses, Fliers and Staff users. Infantry and Armors are fair game. Otherwise I'm pretty sure this would be literally impossible.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Exactly my thought- single cav buffer. Too bad the only blade horse mage I have is LA!Lilina, having double green (and one TA green) seems pretty risky.

At least her weapon looks much nicer than the Emerald Axe.

I’ve got Cecilia+7, Ursula, and −Atk Olwen#2 as my blade horses. Two of those are green, and I don’t really have troubles not running my blade horses on a horse team.

Anything will look better than the emerald axe which likely is the ugliest weapon in the entire game, including the seasonals. But yeah, her new poleaxe does look cool and finally matches her bloody artwork. I think I’m still going to run her with L&D3 Desperation Spd-refined poleaxe+, though. I need to think about it. I usually run horses on horse teams, so tactics don’t interest me too much.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I promoted +Atk/-Res Chrom and he just deletes Grimas. I made him player phase with Death Blow and Drag Back for hit and run shenanigans, and even without refine he does his job fine.

OG Marth is really useful with his refine. Spur Spectrum really helps agains bulky enemies, atlhough I personally would wait for +Spd.

Having many anti-dragons throughout 7 Arena Assault battles is really useful. M!Marth is my best Falchion/last resort because of her merges, although I only merged the already 5 star ones

I have a refined +ATK Alm and MM+2 instead, my new Lucina (+DEF/-RES) is still unbuild. Now that seals are a thing in AA scoring, I should build more dragon counters. 

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm pretty sure I recall the restriction only being for for Horses, Fliers and Staff users. Infantry and Armors are fair game. Otherwise I'm pretty sure this would be literally impossible.

Yep, your Matthew should be able to equip the seal - in contrast to my GF fliers. :-( 

Spoiler

Spread: 42/34/39/13/29

Weapon: Blessed Wo Dao (Legendary, -1 Cooldown, +10 to Special damage).
Assist/Special: Hurricane (Adds +50% of Speed to damage, 3 cooldown).
Major Skill: Life & Death
Minor Skill: Desperation

It's hard to remember that there would have once been objections to this statline other than the fact Hurricane was perhaps too much % of Speed.

27 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I have a refined +ATK Alm and MM+2 instead, my new Lucina (+DEF/-RES) is still unbuild. Now that seals are a thing in AA scoring, I should build more dragon counters. 

Yep, your Matthew should be able to equip the seal - in contrast to my GF fliers. :-( 

Oh lucky, I never had an Alm. +Atk as well, wow you're lucky!

So the Datamine...

Spoiler

"Sweet Dreams" for a beach-themed Tempest? They aren't even trying to hide the fanservicey nature of this at all. Could only be worse if they replaced "Sweet" with a more blatantly sexual adjective.

As for Masked Lucina. She is basically the same stats as normal Lucina but no skills right? Perhaps they don't want to put her into the standard summoning pool since she can't be foddered owing to no skills if you get her by random chance. Keeping her relegated to TTs saves us the hair-pulling frustration of getting them (unless you like Tuxedo Marth).

That guess is built on the hope they have plans to add the old TT units, maybe not Canas and Seasonal recents, but others like Tobin and Clive, to the standard summoning pool. Since they must realize players aren't exactly crazy for TTs and will generally need a new character or great seals on it to get invested in one, which makes rerunning the oldies a difficult proposition.

And while this is too early to say, random thought, what do you think the rate of accessory additions is going to be? Glacial like they forgot about the feature? They haven't added any new ones yet right? Or will come September, if that is when 3.0 drops, they'll during Viva La CYL2 Celebratione! add a couple then?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Then I'd love to see you rage, cry, and laugh at the really bad gaming stuff, if a lone comma is enough to infuriate you.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They haven't added any new ones yet right?

They added some with the latest paralogue and tap battle, and two more accessories (rubber duck and hot springs towel) are on their way.
Spoilers.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

They added some with the latest paralogue and tap battle, and two more accessories (rubber duck and beach towel) are on their way.
Spoilers.

Good to know, and a positive step with them. Towel I assume is folded on head like for a guy bathing in an onsen and not around the waist? Since fitting one around the waist would be difficult given the width of differing characters, heads stay the same.

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

What exactly is the function of a rubber duck?

To have something to play with when in the bathtub. Not exactly sure why they caught on though as opposed to other things.

Alternatively, to test the durability and buoyant properties of rubber. Apparently a container ship carrying rubber duckies once sank off the coast of Alaska, one rubber ducky was found washed up in Scotland, fifteen years later.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What exactly is the function of a Feh plushie?

The eyes have built in cameras that let Feh see the combat from a first person perspective up and close and intense, without actually having to get hurt.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Good to know, and a positive step with them. Towel I assume is folded on head like for a guy bathing in an onsen and not around the waist? Since fitting one around the waist would be difficult given the width of differing characters, heads stay the same.

Yeah, I messed up. The accessory is called “Hand Towel” and the description does talk about hot springs.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What exactly is the function of a Feh plushie?

From a childhood favourite.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yes it is. I like to think it's the Heroes being idiots when thrown a towel and told to 'put this on!'