Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, why would it be that long? Valentine's Day is long over by then. There would be no point. And it isn't like they would just decide not to rerun them, that'd probably piss quite a few players off. I'd be pissed. I saved up all these several hundred orbs to +10 GD Ike.

No, I use actual logic. You keep ignoring the fact that Valentine's Day is this week. Who would seriously start running an event themed to an occasion that already ended weeks before? It'd be like having a Christmas party in January. Or an Easter Egg hunt in May. 😕

Like I said, the previous two Valentine banners are not included in that datamine because they were already in the game beforehand and wouldn't need to be datamined.

I don't need to use your kind of (as stated by the fact that white day exists) flawed logic, since I, and others who have replied, use actual FACTS. There is no space for the old Devotion banners. So they can't be added until the next update. There is literally no other way.

So keep on waiting, because they wont be here for quite a few days.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

17 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

You keep ignoring that the theme of these banners is Devotion and not Valentine’s Day, though. Which means that it doesn’t have any reason to be running during the 14th February instead of any other day in February. 

Then why do they always begin right before Valentine's? I admit, I don't really consider these units to be true Valentine's heroes because they don't wear outfits that are really themed to it (if they were, there'd be lots of pink and red and white and hearts). But they're meant to coincide with the holiday nonetheless given the time of year they always appear at.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

If they do a Double Special Heroes with both past Valentine's banners, it'd have Ike as the only red. (Also four greens, which would be interesting.)

That'd be a relief. But man, it'd suck for anyone who wants a green hero here.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

Look on the bright side. You get more time to save orbs. 

True. But I've already saved nearly 600, I'm ready now! >_<

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then why do they always begin right before Valentine's? I admit, I don't really consider these units to be true Valentine's heroes because they don't wear outfits that are really themed to it (if they were, there'd be lots of pink and red and white and hearts). But they're meant to coincide with the holiday nonetheless given the time of year they always appear at.

True. But I've already saved nearly 600, I'm ready now! >_<

I don't know how many merges yours has right now, but on average, a + 10 GD Ike is somewhere around 1800 or 2000 orbs on average I believe.

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

I don't know how many merges yours has right now, but on average, a + 10 GD Ike is somewhere around 1800 or 2000 orbs on average I believe.

He's +2 at the moment. So I only need 8 of him. And I'm willing to spend a little money.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He's +2 at the moment. So I only need 8 of him. And I'm willing to spend a little money.

That's still 500 orbs short or so from the average. So you'd probably be looking at buying the 140 orbs pack thrice.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then why do they always begin right before Valentine's? I admit, I don't really consider these units to be true Valentine's heroes because they don't wear outfits that are really themed to it. Bu they're meant to coincide with the holiday nonetheless given the time of year they always appear at.

How are the outfits not themed to Valentine’s? They’re wearing formal dresses that are usually used for dates and dances, which is easily the most appropriate for a love theme given the medieval setting of the series. 

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nah, that's like a 15% focus rate in green. I'd be all over that. I don't need more copies of Lilina, but I'm missing both Mist and Hector, and more copies of Greil would be great fodder.

18 minutes ago, Jave said:

How are the outfits not themed to Valentine’s? They’re wearing formal dresses that are usually used for dates and dances, which is easily the most appropriate for a love theme given the medieval setting of the series. 

I edited my post to explain. They're not all wearing pink and red and white and hearts or heart accessories. Rose accessories would work too, but they also don't really have those, though some do have rose bouquets. But I could just be used to how the west perceives the holiday. Everything sold for Valentine's Day here has hearts or is heart shaped and it's all pink and red and white too.

Also, I don't think medieval times had candy or floaties, so being realistic to that setting has kinda already been thrown out the window.

19 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

That's still 500 orbs short or so from the average. So you'd probably be looking at buying the 140 orbs pack thrice.

It's possible. But I pulled 6 Summer Freddys in less than 500 orbs last summer and they were accompanied by a few Summer Gaiuses too. You never know. Still, I am prepared if I have to buy a couple of those packs.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

Nah, that's like a 15% focus rate in green. I'd be all over that. I don't need more copies of Lilina, but I'm missing both Mist and Hector, and more copies of Greil would be great fodder.

Sure, but if they only want like, one of those units and not the other three, they're risking being pitybroken a lot.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sure, but if they only want like, one of those units and not the other three, they're risking being pitybroken a lot.

Yeah, that's the one downside. I'm always at least somewhat happy to get a unit that's either new or good fodder, but I know not everyone feels that way.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, that's the one downside. I'm always at least somewhat happy to get a unit that's either new or good fodder, but I know not everyone feels that way.

I'm usually this way too, but there are occasions where I do hate when a unit I'd like is sharing a color because the unit they're sharing with is someone I dislike. xP

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

I think it's pretty ironic that just about everyone that was whining and crying about all the pandering towards Fates and SoV (because they were the newest FE games) is now whining and crying about FEH not flooding 3H heroes into the game saying it's deserved because it's the newest game. How the tables turn.

Let the 3H content flow into the game naturally. It'll have it's time. Before this year is over, all of you will probably be saying it's time to move on to another game.

i agree. Honestly i am fine (more than) it taking it's sweet ole time..there's no rush. 

11 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I don't think they do any announcements on Saturday whether it's banner trailers, monthly calendars etc. I think it has something to do with it being Sunday in Japan at that time and everyone over there is enjoying their day off. I don't expect the calendar to come up until tomorrow night or even Monday night.

Sounds like you really like Azura. I mean, I do too but I kind of gave up on her Performing Arts variant (even though it is my favorite design for her) and settled for her OG, Legendary and New Years variants instead. Though I can't deny that it still frustrates me somewhat when I look at the Hero Catalog and see that I have all her alts except the PA one that is blackened out.

But yes, what it all comes down to regarding summoning for characters is luck because it is all random anyways no matter what percentages you throw in my face.

Azura is one of my favourite characters EV.ER. and it drives me bananas that she's -spd. though with the divine toilet paper, if she's there i can merge that out and then poof. (not that her boon is great (+HP). but that's what it is. 

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I edited my post to explain. They're not all wearing pink and red and white and hearts or heart accessories. Rose accessories would work too, but they also don't really have those, though some do have rose bouquets. But I could just be used to how the west perceives the holiday. Everything sold for Valentine's Day here has hearts or is heart shaped and it's all pink and red and white too.

I'm glad they didn't go that route. It would have looked quite tacky and out of place for the series.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

I'm glad they didn't go that route. It would have looked quite tacky and out of place for the series.

me too. i think they are great as they are. (The flowers etc arein the atk animations and that's all that's needed). I am also too glad they don't make it super focused on Love and romance. Almlica (and couples aside) i am glad they focus on devotion and family love and friendship which is also what valentines can be (and should be) about.

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's possible. But I pulled 6 Summer Freddys in less than 500 orbs last summer and they were accompanied by a few Summer Gaiuses too. You never know. Still, I am prepared if I have to buy a couple of those packs.

yeah. but Fred was sharing (which amps that up). and Red is bigger and more diluted.  not that it can't be possible - and i hope you can clutch it out. but 600 is a bit on the low side. 

Looking at the way current banners end... I would hypothesize that the next new heroes banner starts on the 18th pst, as soon as the tempest trials banner ends. Then, the next lengedary banner is on the 25th pst, as soon as the hot springs banner ends. I can see them adding the old valentine banners that week that the new heroes banner starts.

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Not any tackier than the spring or christmas outfits though.

I'm not a huge fan of those, tbh. But at the very least I can accept the fact the bunny outfits are meant as pure fanservice and they're not even trying to hide it, and the Winter outfits can be traced back to the original Saint Nicholas, even if the outfits themselves are more modern.

I'm hoping the Valentine banners get reruns sooner rather than later. I have a super awesome +10 Valentine Lyn, and I'd like an Ike and a Hector to match. Make a little team out of them. The only problem is the lack of an armored gray/colorless Valentine unit lol.

10 minutes ago, Jave said:

I'm not a huge fan of those, tbh. But at the very least I can accept the fact the bunny outfits are meant as pure fanservice and they're not even trying to hide it, and the Winter outfits can be traced back to the original Saint Nicholas, even if the outfits themselves are more modern.

actually in England they do tarts and vicars around Easter. so. 'fanservice' or not there are people who dress up like bunnies etc. lol

34 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Not any tackier than the spring or christmas outfits though.

This. And just because something is pink or has hearts doesn't mean it wouldn't have looked good. I think they could have looked really cute.

39 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

yeah. but Fred was sharing (which amps that up). and Red is bigger and more diluted.  not that it can't be possible - and i hope you can clutch it out. but 600 is a bit on the low side. 

Decreases the chance, you mean. I had a 3% chance to get Freddy or Gaius from a colorless orb, not just Frederick. Which means Frederick alone was a 1.5% chance.

Since Kana's weapon is quite fun to use I might spend a bit on her BHB rerun to get a merge, I won't be spending nearly anything at all in the new banner to save for Sothis/Azura/Julia. Just a Kana is all I want from her BHB rerun. 

Also I wonder what sort of units could be Manuals for Divine codes. I would like Nailah, Kana, Edelgard and Fallen dragons (merges and Nailah for fodder), but I know it is just dreaming so early. 

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Azura is one of my favourite characters EV.ER. and it drives me bananas that she's -spd. though with the divine toilet paper, if she's there i can merge that out and then poof. (not that her boon is great (+HP). but that's what it is. 

Makes me wish that Divine Code feature was coming out this month instead of making people wait until March but it seems pushing the FEH Pass into people's faces was a much higher priority to them. Divine Codes is looking like a great way to get merges, remove terrible banes as well as getting high tier skills without having to use orbs to fish them out of banners. Though I already imagine they are going to offset it by making it cost a lot of codes for a single manual of a character.

Edited by NSSKG151

29 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Also I wonder what sort of units could be Manuals for Divine codes. I would like Nailah, Kana, Edelgard and Fallen dragons (merges and Nailah for fodder), but I know it is just dreaming so early. 

I don't expect Legendaries or Mythics. But everything else seems fair game. Old and New Seasonals, Premium fodder (Fort Def/Res, Mirror Impact, etc.) were shown. I do wonder if Duo Heroes are considered too good or not to show up on them~

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Decreases the chance, you mean. I had a 3% chance to get Freddy or Gaius from a colorless orb, not just Frederick. Which means Frederick alone was a 1.5% chance.

No, that's not how the odds work.

On a current four-character rerun banner, if there's one colorless unit, 2.83% of colorless orbs have them. If there's two colorless units, they each appear in 2.75% of colorless orbs, for a total of 5.50%. They each appear just as often (0.75% of all orbs generated, since that's 3% divided by four), they're just concentrated into one color. (The reason the odds go down slightly is that there are slightly more total colorless orbs generated, so that same 0.75% is a slightly smaller fraction.)

So it did decrease your chances of getting Frederick, but only a tiny bit, nowhere near that much.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

This. And just because something is pink or has hearts doesn't mean it wouldn't have looked good. I think they could have looked really cute.

I'm in agreement. Tacky or not, it's all about execution, and also it wouldn't be bad to change things up every now and again

Edited by NegativeExponents-

1 hour ago, Othin said:

No, that's not how the odds work.

On a current four-character rerun banner, if there's one colorless unit, 2.83% of colorless orbs have them. If there's two colorless units, they each appear in 2.75% of colorless orbs, for a total of 5.50%. They each appear just as often (0.75% of all orbs generated, since that's 3% divided by four), they're just concentrated into one color. (The reason the odds go down slightly is that there are slightly more total colorless orbs generated, so that same 0.75% is a slightly smaller fraction.)

So it did decrease your chances of getting Frederick, but only a tiny bit, nowhere near that much.

Oh. Well, I was still half right. But I see, I think. Math is hard. lol

57 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I'm in agreement. Tacky or not, it's all about execution, and also it wouldn't be bad to change things up every now and again

Yeah, exactly. And I'm someone who generally hates pink at any other time. lol

And for this reason, I wish we'd see more new year stuff besides Japanese clothes, pretty as they are. Japan isn't the only one with new year traditions. And some spring outfits that aren't super fanservicey. Just a bit more variety in general, plz.