• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

So is this retroactive, affecting reruns of past hero battles, or just future ones?

I hope it is not retroactive. That would throw all the free guides out there into chaos.

9 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Does anyone know if Hel’s weapon was turned to “playable” or whatever in the update?! Lol i know that’s how Lif leaked, is all.

I haven't seen anything that said Hel Scythe's enemy only tag was removed though I could've easily missed it. Plus, the addition of support for colorless tomes in this update suggests that'll be what our next Mythic uses get ready for Ashera boys.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I haven't seen anything that said Hel Scythe's enemy only tag was removed though I could've easily missed it. Plus, the addition of support for colorless tomes in this update suggests that'll be what our next Mythic uses get ready for Ashera boys.

I hope whoever the unit is comes with a Blade tome.

I guess Lunar Arc/Saintly Seraphim would work too, but less ideal in my opinion.

24 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I would not be able to handle Ashera. My orbs are still recovering =[ I only have 100 of my 600 ledt right now. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

You need to adapt and use different play styles for different modes. As much as I like Player Phase combat, I do not use that play style for every mode in the game. For example with Grand Conquest and Rival Domains, it is far easier for me to just slow push towards the enemy Fortress with bunch of Enemy Phase units; a Player Phase brigade can work, but it is a huge hassle to manage a huge team while only using 1 Dancer/Singer. For Aether Raids, while I can almost guarantee a win if I use my Player Phase team, it is not the best team to handle every defense team out there, and often times it is far easier to just use a super tank team instead.

True, that's why I've got a horse team I use a lot, a flying team I use a lot, armors I use a lot, etc. And then my strongest team is Brave Ike, NY Alfonse + Sharena, Peony, and RD Ike/GD Ike.

But I still struggle on LHBs and MHBs, mainly because there are a lot of enemy reinforcements on TOP of the inflated stats...

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Year one Blade mages and Dancers/Singers are hardly useless. Blade mages might need some extra merges, but they should have little difficulty clearing things.

Sure, but what about year 1 horses and other units besides those? They're still some people's favorite characters too.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

No, I HATE this. Well, for LHBs and MHBs anyway. They're already super difficult, why make them even more BS?

BHBs and GHBs were kinda easy tho. Now I'm just afraid year 1 units are useless in any of these now.

I knew you’d love this change and would be very excited about this. =] Glad you are so happy with this change!

Also, plenty year one units are viable. Not for everything, but my Jeorge for example, with his 27 res, can easily tank Ophelia, Lilina, Thrasir and Sonya witb specials ready and OHKO them in return. He is also great vs fliers since he is an archer. So he is a prime CC vantage unit. 

It does not make him a great unit in a MHB or LHB that has a lot of physical units lije the L!Alm battle.

Just now, Vicious Sal said:

Also, plenty year one units are viable. Not for everything, but my Jeorge for example, with his 27 res, can easily tank Ophelia, Lilina, Thrasir and Sonya witb specials ready and OHKO them in return. He is also great vs fliers since he is an archer. So he is a prime CC vantage unit. 

It does not make him a great unit in a MHB or LHB that has a lot of physical units lije the L!Alm battle.

That's my point, those units may not be good in MHBs or LHBs anymore.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I would not be able to handle Ashera. My orbs are still recovering =[ I only have 100 of my 600 ledt right now. 

I wouldn't either as I don't even have 100 orbs saved up yet (76) and even I'm not sure who I'm saving them for exactly (I want a +10 5-star exclusive, but I have no idea which right now). Though, I suppose the new story chapter tomorrow will bump my total to the triple digit mark.

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

So is this retroactive, affecting reruns of past hero battles, or just future ones?

Just future ones. Existing battles would have changed in the update, but they still have the same stats.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's my point, those units may not be good in MHBs or LHBs anymore.

Who cares that a year one unit can’t solo a MHB. Just because a year one unit is not useful in a certain MHB does not mean they are useless everywhere. My Jeorge is a staple in AR where he shrugs of units like thrasir, ophelia and kiria with ease. Why would I care that he is not the best unit to get a certain golden accessory. I use other units for that. 

Just because a unit is not suited for one thing does not make them useless. 

Besides, in MHB’s and such armours are usually the worst type, so things like W!SoShits or V!Rudolf are not useful there anyway even though they are way more recent. Just because movement is an issue when you need mobility to deal with the reinforcements.

Just now, Vicious Sal said:

Who cares that a year one unit can’t solo a MHB. Just because a year one unit is not useful in a certain MHB does not mean they are useless everywhere. My Jeorge is a staple in AR where he shrugs of units like thrasir, ophelia and kiria with ease. Why would I care that he is not the best unit to get a certain golden accessory. I use other units for that. 

Just because a unit is not suited for one thing does not make them useless. 

Besides, in MHB’s and such armours are usually the worst type, so things like W!SoShits or V!Rudolf are not useful there anyway even though they are way more recent. Just because movement is an issue when you need mobility to deal with the reinforcements.

Where did I say anything about soloing MHBs/LHBs? I didn't say year one units were useless in other modes either. Once again, I only said they may not be viable in infernal/abyssal LHBs and MHBs anymore.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Where did I say anything about soloing MHBs/LHBs? I didn't say year one units were useless in other modes either. Once again, I only said they may not be viable in infernal/abyssal LHBs and MHBs anymore.

And my point is what does that matter? 

Some year one units might not be best suited for a MHB, some are better suited for AR, MS or Rokkr. 

Other year one units are not useful for rokkr but might be great for MHB’s.

It is dumb to allocate value to units only based on their possible performance in MHB’s or LHB’s. Besides, current units face the exact same issues. Shannan may not be useful for a MHB for example, but might be a great rokkr siege unit.  (Just an example, don’t have shannan)

Why are you so hellbent on only assigning value to wether a useful can help clear a MHB or LHB? There are so many other modes that demand other skills, roles and performances. 

If AR is the sea, you want an animal that can swim.

If a MHB is a tree, is values animals that can climb very well. 

You are saying all fish are crap because they can’t climb, which is just a silly metric to use.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True, that's why I've got a horse team I use a lot, a flying team I use a lot, armors I use a lot, etc. And then my strongest team is Brave Ike, NY Alfonse + Sharena, Peony, and RD Ike/GD Ike.

But I still struggle on LHBs and MHBs, mainly because there are a lot of enemy reinforcements on TOP of the inflated stats...

It is not about what movement type the team has, but the individual team members' role and function. If Celica can easily clear things on Abyssal, Blade mages with their higher Atk ceiling should be able to as well.

Using a nuke with three Dancers/Singers is honestly the easiest team setup for Abyssal, and it is like super cheap too. It just takes a little practice to get used to it, but once you get the hang of it, Infernal maps become complete pushovers and most Abyssal maps will present little difficulty if at all. Reinforcements and inflated stats honestly are not a big deal since they melt under the raw might and power of Player Phase nukes.

Once I got over my initial hesitation to using Enemy Phase units in Grand Conquest and Rival Domains, those modes turned from a brain juice sucking slogfest to a much more manageable brainless grindfest.

It is daunting at first to learn a new play style, but it is honestly worth the initial time investment to learn. Saves so much more time, headache, and frustration down the line.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not every unit has to be viable in every mode. Counter-Vantage is almost definitely not viable in Abyssal, and I do not see anyone complaining about it.

28 minutes ago, Johann said:

Just future ones. Existing battles would have changed in the update, but they still have the same stats.

That's good. I'm fine with them adjusting future ones, but messing with past ones would have been really obnoxious. 

31 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

And my point is what does that matter? 

Some year one units might not be best suited for a MHB, some are better suited for AR, MS or Rokkr. 

Other year one units are not useful for rokkr but might be great for MHB’s.

It is dumb to allocate value to units only based on their possible performance in MHB’s or LHB’s. Besides, current units face the exact same issues. Shannan may not be useful for a MHB for example, but might be a great rokkr siege unit.  (Just an example, don’t have shannan)

Why are you so hellbent on only assigning value to wether a useful can help clear a MHB or LHB? There are so many other modes that demand other skills, roles and performances. 

If AR is the sea, you want an animal that can swim.

If a MHB is a tree, is values animals that can climb very well. 

You are saying all fish are crap because they can’t climb, which is just a silly metric to use.

Aren't you exaggerating a little?

Anyway, it's because MHBs and LHBs are what I struggle the most with in the game these days. Not even AR is much of an issue for me anymore when it's Light week.

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is not about what movement type the team has, but the individual team members' role and function. If Celica can easily clear things on Abyssal, Blade mages with their higher Atk ceiling should be able to as well.

Using a nuke with three Dancers/Singers is honestly the easiest team setup for Abyssal, and it is like super cheap too. It just takes a little practice to get used to it, but once you get the hang of it, Infernal maps become complete pushovers and most Abyssal maps will present little difficulty if at all. Reinforcements and inflated stats honestly are not a big deal since they melt under the raw might and power of Player Phase nukes.

Once I got over my initial hesitation to using Enemy Phase units in Grand Conquest and Rival Domains, those modes turned from a brain juice sucking slogfest to a much more manageable brainless grindfest.

It is daunting at first to learn a new play style, but it is honestly worth the initial time investment to learn. Saves so much more time, headache, and frustration down the line.

I see. It is true that it takes some practice when trying new things here.

I've tried that Celica thing before, but it never worked for me. Maybe she has to be merged or something.

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

Not every unit has to be viable in every mode. Counter-Vantage is almost definitely not viable in Abyssal, and I do not see anyone complaining about it.

Yeah, fair enough point.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see. It is true that it takes some practice when trying new things here.

I've tried that Celica thing before, but it never worked for me. Maybe she has to be merged or something.

It does not have to be Celica. Any Blade mage should work. If you have Azura: Vallite Songstress, Blade mages should be an even better option than Celica. Blade mages are far easier to merge and build (assuming you pick Tharja, Nino, and Tailtiu). Just pick the color the boss is weak to and run three Dancers/Singers with the nuke.

For Celica, the key to her success is that you need to change her Special according to the boss she is fighting. Growing Wind is her default Special for area damage, but I also change it to Blazing Wind, Dragon Fang, and Luna when necessary.

You also need to keep practicing. Player Phase teams came pretty naturally to me, but I still needed a lot of practice to be decent.

Edited by XRay

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

It does not have to be Celica. Any Blade mage should work. If you have Azura: Vallite Songstress, Blade mages should be an even better option than Celica. Blade mages are far easier to merge and build (assuming you pick Tharja, Nino, and Tailtiu). Just pick the color the boss is weak to and run three Dancers/Singers with the nuke.

For Celica, the key to her success is that you need to change her Special according to the boss she is fighting. Growing Wind is her default Special for area damage, but I also change it to Blazing Wind, Dragon Fang, and Luna when necessary.

You also need to keep practicing. Player Phase teams came pretty naturally to me, but I still needed a lot of practice to be decent.

Oh, I see now. Thanks for the tips.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

They can be difficult for players who do not use Player Phase teams, but for players who do use that team composition, even Abyssal is not really that challenging.

As someone who does use Player Phase teams for those challenges, I disagree. Heavily. It's pretty bogus.

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

As someone who does use Player Phase teams for those challenges, I disagree. Heavily. It's pretty bogus.

I have been using Celica with three Dancers/Singers for probably over a year now, and clearing most Abyssal maps takes about maybe half an hour at most. My Celica is at +5 and I do run Azura: Vallite Songstress, but anyone with a Blade mage will have a far higher Atk ceiling than Celica.

Celica +0+0 +Atk with Life and Death, Brazen Atk/Spd, and full Tactics reaches 79 Atk and 63 Spd.

Nino +0+0 +Spd with Spd Refinement, Fury, Brazen Atk/Spd, and full Tactics reaches like 87 Atk and 57 Spd. 57 is already overkill for the vast majority of units on Abyssal, and that 87 Atk is far more useful.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I have been using Celica with three Dancers/Singers for probably over a year now, and clearing most Abyssal maps takes about maybe half an hour at most. My Celica is at +5 and I do run Azura: Vallite Songstress, but anyone with a Blade mage will have a far higher Atk ceiling than Celica.

Celica +0+0 +Atk with Life and Death, Brazen Atk/Spd, and full Tactics reaches 79 Atk and 63 Spd.

Nino +0+0 +Spd with Spd Refinement, Fury, Brazen Atk/Spd, and full Tactics reaches like 87 Atk and 57 Spd. 57 is already overkill for the vast majority of units on Abyssal, and that 87 Atk is far more useful.

My Blade mages often run into trouble with skills like Dull Ranged. 

1 minute ago, Othin said:

My Blade mages often run into trouble with skills like Dull Ranged. 

Are they that common though? Maybe I do not notice them that often cause I use Celica, but even then, a well timed Special is generally sufficient to end those units. I generally run Growing Wind and Savage Blow to pad Celica's damage, but if I need to time a Special for a specific unit that is difficult to take out normally, then I run Dragon Fang or Luna, or I go for Blazing Wind and Blazing Light if the timing is already correct but I just need more oomph.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Are they that common though? Maybe I do not notice them that often cause I use Celica, but even then, a well timed Special is generally sufficient to end those units. I generally run Growing Wind and Savage Blow to pad Celica's damage, but if I need to time a Special for a specific unit that is difficult to take out normally, then I run Dragon Fang or Luna, or I go for Blazing Wind and Blazing Light if the timing is already correct but I just need more oomph.

I've found them common enough to really screw things up. My Corrin and Tana are generally helpless against them, and I end up needing to clear space for my dancers to do the fighting.