Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Random thoughts on the week as work keeps me busy.

I LOVE Resplendent F!Corrin! I think the artist absolutely captured all the things great things about her. Superb. Suzuki rika may not miss a single piece, but works like these, Deirdre, Micaiah, and Raven, are all so incredibly good. Getting the FEH pass as soon as she releases, no regrets, but i wish i had been able to nab brave Lucina with it too. I guess i'll just have to buy it.

Man IS does it again with their absolute obsession with 3Houses lords. First Summer Clause, now desert Byleth. This blatant favoritism annoys me so such. You'll never see them spend this effort on any other 4*, ever. I can't imagine when we'll get 4* demote Edel or  Dimitri, but you can be sure they'll be 5*s in disguise too. My dislike for this series is starting to be inversely proportional with IS's obsession with it, which is as sad as it sounds.

Two tempest trials back-to-back. What. Have they ever done this? so much work..

Still haven not had the time to check out the Cold Steel anime, but even though the story won't focus on Cold Steel main characters, I'm still hyped.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

My biggest problem with f!Corrin's outfit is how high the slit in her dress is. Basically goes up to (or past???) her waist exposing the side of her undergarments. It kinda sucks just how blatantly obvious it is that IS considers female avatars to simply be the sexy version of the male.

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

It kinda sucks just how blatantly obvious it is that IS considers female avatars to simply be the sexy version of the male.

I feel like this has only really been a problem with FemCorrin specifically, because FemRobin and FemByleth really only have their Summer alts that can be considered purely "fanservice" outfits.
FemRobin's Rearmed alt is pretty skintight in the torso, but it's otherwise not showing all that much skin or exposing any lower body at all, cleavage aside in any other outfits. Hell, I'd almost say that MaleRobin has more "sexy" art if only because of the Male Grima artist (Okuma Yugo)
FemByleth's non-summer outfits are more showy, but not quite so much to the same extreme as Corrin's have been (not to mention she only has three alts to FemCorrin's six)

FemKris and FemShez simply do not have any/enough alts to be able to properly compare.

9 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I feel like this has only really been a problem with FemCorrin specifically, because FemRobin and FemByleth really only have their Summer alts that can be considered purely "fanservice" outfits.
FemRobin's Rearmed alt is pretty skintight in the torso, but it's otherwise not showing all that much skin or exposing any lower body at all, cleavage aside in any other outfits. Hell, I'd almost say that MaleRobin has more "sexy" art if only because of the Male Grima artist (Okuma Yugo)
FemByleth's non-summer outfits are more showy, but not quite so much to the same extreme as Corrin's have been (not to mention she only has three alts to FemCorrin's six)

FemKris and FemShez simply do not have any/enough alts to be able to properly compare.

It's true that f!Corrin is more sexualized than other currently existing female avatars have been, but the subtle differences in design do still tell a bit of a story. The Robins' base non-promoted tactician outfit that we're mostly familiar with are identical for both. But f!Kris and f!Shez are both wearing rather short skirts by default while their male counterparts have pants. Like, proper pants that cover their legs entirely and tuck into their boots. There was definitely a deliberate choice to have the girls showing off their legs (which are unprotected and can be more easily damage with weapons) than the guys. Byleth ... well, I don't think I need to go into female Byleth's default outfit.

If the guys were wearing short shorts with exposed legs, I might think it looks dumb but both genders would be showing the same amount of skin. The female avatars minus Robin have definitely leaned more into "sexy outfits" than guys do by default.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

It's true that f!Corrin is more sexualized than other currently existing female avatars have been, but the subtle differences in design do still tell a bit of a story. The Robins' base non-promoted tactician outfit that we're mostly familiar with are identical for both. But f!Kris and f!Shez are both wearing rather short skirts by default while their male counterparts have pants. Like, proper pants that cover their legs entirely and tuck into their boots. There was definitely a deliberate choice to have the girls showing off their legs (which are unprotected and can be more easily damage with weapons) than the guys. Byleth ... well, I don't think I need to go into female Byleth's default outfit.

If the guys were wearing short shorts with exposed legs, I might think it looks dumb but both genders would be showing the same amount of skin. The female avatars minus Robin have definitely leaned more into "sexy outfits" than guys do by default.

My bad I thought you were just talking about alts.

Kris is somewhat odd because I'm fairly certain both of their outfits are just the default Mercenary/Myrmidon outfits for NMotE given some touchups for them specifically, so Kris has the (albeit somewhat flimsy) excuse that she's just in regular combat gear, which becomes flimsier when considering there are no "regular" female myrmidons to compare to, and the only other female myrmidon in the game being Malice, so really it's just weird.
Shez is in an odder boat, because technically they are both Myrmidons (albeit with heavy modifications to the uniform), but this time we do have regular female Myrmidons to compare to, and they are just as dressed as the males are. Why FemShez removes the pants is a mystery to everyone...
Myrmidons have a history of bearing lighter and less clothing overall, so in that aspect it makes sense, but it doesn't explain why only the women seem to wear less clothes overall...

I'd honestly chalk it up to a general outlook on female depictions in media, in which even the less sexualized Kris and Shez are still prone to being less covered than their male counterparts. Not to mention females are usually depicted as more agile, and less clothing (or in some cases tighter clothing) means more speed, and the only "slow" FemAvatar is the far more covered up FemRobin when she isn't possessed by Grima.
Though now that you bring it up, Byleth, based solely off her regular outfit, I'm now convinced someone had a hots for their teacher thing going on, because lorewise there's no way in hell FemByleth would ever decide to wear THAT on her own...

Edited by Xenomata

47 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

My bad I thought you were just talking about alts.

Kris is somewhat odd because I'm fairly certain both of their outfits are just the default Mercenary/Myrmidon outfits for NMotE given some touchups for them specifically, so Kris has the (albeit somewhat flimsy) excuse that she's just in regular combat gear, which becomes flimsier when considering there are no "regular" female myrmidons to compare to, and the only other female myrmidon in the game being Malice, so really it's just weird.
Shez is in an odder boat, because technically they are both Myrmidons (albeit with heavy modifications to the uniform), but this time we do have regular female Myrmidons to compare to, and they are just as dressed as the males are. Why FemShez removes the pants is a mystery to everyone...
Myrmidons have a history of bearing lighter and less clothing overall, so in that aspect it makes sense, but it doesn't explain why only the women seem to wear less clothes overall...

I'd honestly chalk it up to a general outlook on female depictions in media, in which even the less sexualized Kris and Shez are still prone to being less covered than their male counterparts. Not to mention females are usually depicted as more agile, and less clothing (or in some cases tighter clothing) means more speed, and the only "slow" FemAvatar is the far more covered up FemRobin when she isn't possessed by Grima.
Though now that you bring it up, Byleth, based solely off her regular outfit, I'm now convinced someone had a hots for their teacher thing going on, because lorewise there's no way in hell FemByleth would ever decide to wear THAT on her own...

I just looked up f!Kris's art and realized that she's actually wearing very short shorts and what I assumed to be her skirt was actually a tunic, lol.

I do agree with you that in general it's due to how women are depicted in media, and in FE specifically some of the female versions of the same class outfits make some really dumb modifications. Like female cavaliers/paladins in Awakening and Fates not having pants at all. Honestly, it'd be nice to have another female avatar who has the same amount of clothing as her male counterpart. Heck, I'd even settle for capri-type pants that go just past the knees because that still covers most of the important parts of your legs.

Also, I do find it hilarious how female characters are depicted as being speedier than men because when it comes to straight-up speed dudes are faster than women on average. If by agile we're going with flexibility, I can see that, but still. You'd think tight clothing would make it harder to be flexible though, lol.

Hm, I wonder where f!Byleth would've even obtained her base clothing. M!Byleth feels simple enough because Jeralt, being a dude, could just give him hand-me-downs or just assume Byleth likes similar things to him. If Jeralt got f!Byleth her clothes, perhaps he's not familiar with what most women wear XD

Yeah, the argument I usually see is "they wear less so they're faster" but then wouldn't the same apply to dudes? Besides, if you're totally covered up, you have peace of mind that you're not flashing everyone all the time, so you can react to attacks and stuff without having something else on your mind. Honestly, it just doesn't make sense if we're looking at it practically. This is especially true of anyone who rides anything. Pegasus knights in particular make no sense. Riding a mount has a lot of movement involved, which creates chafing on the legs. That's why extra leg protection is worn by actual riders. If riding a horse requires so much leg protection, why, when having to worry about the z axis in addition to x and y, would pegasus knights just wear short skirts instead of thick pants and chaps?

There's really no getting around it: it's just objectification of females. Dancers are the only ones where it makes sense from any sort of practical standpoint for them to dress down. (Except Olivia. Given what she's like in general, I just can't see her choosing to show off that much, even as a dancer. She's clearly just designed to be "oh cute she's embarrassed.") Even then, though, you can be a dancer and be dressed modestly. Just look at Ninian.

But as far as the avatars go, it really makes no sense. The male and female versions are supposed to be the same person. Wouldn't they make the same choices in wardrobe, then, too, even if the style of it is masculine or feminine in the end? For example, if the fem avatar wants to flash everyone, wouldn't the masculine version wear something that has the same sort of effect? And if the masculine version wears something that covers up a lot, wouldn't he do the same as a female?

15 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Yeah, the argument I usually see is "they wear less so they're faster" but then wouldn't the same apply to dudes?

Clearly can't apply to men because we're already being weighed down by our big burly muscles *kisses flexed shoulder beef*
I am of course joking. I don't even have muscles...

15 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

But as far as the avatars go, it really makes no sense. The male and female versions are supposed to be the same person. Wouldn't they make the same choices in wardrobe, then, too, even if the style of it is masculine or feminine in the end? For example, if the fem avatar wants to flash everyone, wouldn't the masculine version wear something that has the same sort of effect? And if the masculine version wears something that covers up a lot, wouldn't he do the same as a female?

The Robins and Corrins I think have slight differences in personality, if going off their unique support conversations and certain dialogue differences, but otherwise yes the other avatars should basically be the same person. Not like it's hard for the Byleths to be the same person...
(Can't really comment on if the Shez's are the same or not, haven't seen them as characters outside of Heroes)
It could also be a sort of invoked sex appeal. Since 95% of the enemies fought are men (or presumed men under all the armor they wear), and a solid fraction of those men are barbarians who DEFINITELY are partly in the business of kidnapping women, with another fraction not being that above it either, it's very possible that women purposefully wear less clothing in order to try and distract the very barbaric men they have to fight. This is still medieval times after all...

Which still doesn't explain FemByleth's clothes by the way. Seriously she expresses less emotion than a tomato someone drew on with sharpie, she has no business in that getup.

Edited by Xenomata

41 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Clearly can't apply to men because we're already being weighed down by our big burly muscles *kisses flexed shoulder beef*
I am of course joking. I don't even have muscles...

XD

The Robins and Corrins I think have slight differences in personality, if going off their unique support conversations and certain dialogue differences, but otherwise yes the other avatars should basically be the same person. Not like it's hard for the Byleths to be the same person...
(Can't really comment on if the Shez's are the same or not, haven't seen them as characters outside of Heroes)
It could also be a sort of invoked sex appeal. Since 95% of the enemies fought are men (or presumed men under all the armor they wear), and a solid fraction of those men are barbarians who DEFINITELY are partly in the business of kidnapping women, with another fraction not being that above it either, it's very possible that women purposefully wear less clothing in order to try and distract the very barbaric men they have to fight. This is still medieval times after all...

Which still doesn't explain FemByleth's clothes by the way. Seriously she expresses less emotion than a tomato someone drew on with sharpie, she has no business in that getup.

Hmm the Shezes' FB was all about how they're the same person, just like the Krises'. So, I assume "same person" was the intention there at least.

And I'd say that the men being after certain post-battle prizes would actually make women want to not flash them even more. Why increase fervor by flaunting the prize they're going to take if they win? Why get the foe to think of you in unflattering ways knowing that they're going to think like that? The "distraction" argument doesn't work. They would just feel violated more easily, and for good reason. Why give yourself away so cheaply like that? Besides in the FE universe, the ladies are guys as gung ho as the guys. So, again, why don't the guys try to distract their foes in the same way? Because it's uncomfortable and you have more self-respect than that. So, same reasoning for the gals.

In the end, it's just marketing.

I feel like giving every single playable character at least two sets of outfits - a casual one and a battle one - would go a long way towards addressing some of the awkward issues that crop up regarding the appropriateness of their attire. Okay so it's a bit more effort with 2D drawn portraits, but for Engage we don't even have that limitation, right?

16 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I feel like giving every single playable character at least two sets of outfits - a casual one and a battle one - would go a long way towards addressing some of the awkward issues that crop up regarding the appropriateness of their attire. Okay so it's a bit more effort with 2D drawn portraits, but for Engage we don't even have that limitation, right?

Shadow Dragon might actually have been planning that...at least for the girls. But, well, if you haven't seen it before, I introduce you to casual Midia, Minerva and Shiida.

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon Midia Less Formal Portrait.pngFire Emblem Shadow Dragon Minverva Less Formal Portrait.pngFire Emblem Shadow Dragon Caeda Less Formal Portrait.png

Yeah, they're not exactly bikinis, but they're noticeably different from the armour the characters actually wear in their portraits.

Portrait_midia_fe11.pngPortrait_minerva_fe11.pngPortrait_caeda_fe11.png

So the question is why this art exists? Was there meant to be additional cutscenes with these three specific characters? Possible, as Shiida and Minerva are pretty important characters, but Midia isn't really. She can be killed before even meeting Marth. So were they planning some kind of my castle feature as early as Shadow Dragon and every character would have got a casual attire (or at least, everyone who wears armour, the likes of Merric are probably fine in their robes while hanging out at base)? Or was it meant to be for support conversations/base convos? If so they didn't reuse the idea for the sequel when that feature actually was implemented.

Edited by Jotari

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Shadow Dragon might actually have been planning that...at least for the girls. But, well, if you haven't seen it before, I introduce you to casual Midia, Minerva and Shiida.

Neat, I hadn't seen that before and like it very much.

44 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

And I'd say that the men being after certain post-battle prizes would actually make women want to not flash them even more. Why increase fervor by flaunting the prize they're going to take if they win? Why get the foe to think of you in unflattering ways knowing that they're going to think like that? The "distraction" argument doesn't work. They would just feel violated more easily, and for good reason. Why give yourself away so cheaply like that? Besides in the FE universe, the ladies are guys as gung ho as the guys. So, again, why don't the guys try to distract their foes in the same way? Because it's uncomfortable and you have more self-respect than that. So, same reasoning for the gals.

In the end, it's just marketing.

Probably a matter of confidence too. It's not like every single women in the FE series wears less, and the ones who do are definitely confident about their bodies and/or abilities (well... Olivia is an exception...)

It's also worth noting that as-is, quite a few men do show off their muscles when allowed. Even if it's not the exact same level of exposure as women, men would definitely be better off protecting their biceps and pecs instead of showing them off. Those who don't are either knights or nobles, or they're scrawny and have little to show anyway, which there are a few women like that as well, though not to the same ratio as men I don't think.

Besides, regardless of reasoning it's always going to come down to fanservice. Some people put thought into the reasoning why things have to be this way (the armor that protects your bodies from the bad stuff was short on material, so we're going to cover just the important parts), and others let the fans do the thinking, if they even bother caring about why Miss Sexytime is only allowed to wear chainmail bikinis and heels. It's just that extra layer of thought that gives some people satisfaction.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because men make stupid decisions when they think with their dick and not with their brain.

That too. And the enemy men are... definitely not thinking with their brains a lot of the time.

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because men make stupid decisions when they think with their dick and not with their brain.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

That too. And the enemy men are... definitely not thinking with their brains a lot of the time.

That's my point though. You don't want to draw more attention to yourself like that. "I'm in danger. I should get these people's attention even more." is kind of dumb. The only exception is if you're the tank, but you probably aren't if you have next to nothing between your flesh and your foes.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Anything that keeps your opponent's eyes away from where your weapon is is an advantage.

Not if it draws more agro than you can handle/want to handle.

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Not if it draws more agro than you can handle/want to handle.

Pretending for a moment that that's how aggro works in real life, anyone fixating on you is no longer looking at any of your allies' weapons, either. Or at the weapons their allies are swinging.

Also, the entire point of drawing aggro in video games is to get the opponent to not pay attention to the party members that deal damage so that the party members that deal damage can deal damage without being attacked. The only reason tanks have to be able to take hits is because enemies in video games typically can't be incapacitated before they reach the tank.

Also, going back to the original issue, we're arguing about the defensive difference between bare skin and cloth pants. Cloth. Pants. The point of cloth pants is to protect your legs from being scratched by brush while traveling and from the weather. Cloth pants don't protect you from swords.

Yes, loose cloth that bunches up easily (like modern hoodies) can provide some protection against draw cuts, but that's clearly not how these pants are constructed.

Male Corrin's pants are skin-tight and therefore cannot be of much help unless they're made of some fictional material that cannot be cut and/or diffuses impacts.

Male Byleth's coat is probably more effective at deflecting blows to his legs than his pants are because at least the skirt of his coat can be made out of thicker material since it doesn't need to flex as much as his pants do. Not going to help against an axe, but I suppose that's what the weapon triangle is for.

The bigger issue is the fact that female Byleth is wearing heels.

Male Shez's pants are also relatively tight and are not much help. He's wearing a few extra panels of armor around his waist, which is strange because female Shez could wear the exact same armor and still show off just as much skin.

Actually we're talking about drawing attention, flashing, etc. It's not a viable defensive strategy, it draws unwanted attention. It doesn't work to distract, it works to attract. This is part of why you don't see the everyday woman wearing less as a defensive strategy. So, if it's not a viable tactic, it's not a viable tactic and doesn't work as an argument. There's a reason why you hear about idols as such being stalked and attacked. Allure doesn't protect you, it makes you a target. As for your counterarguments regarding tanks, check my previous comments.

Honestly, I don't see what's so hard to understand. This is why it's always advised that young ladies dress modestly. Besides valuing themselves (not just giving away something special for free to just anyone who happens to look over), it also helps to protect them. Sure, it doesn't guarantee you'll be protected, but it certainly decreases the odds that you'll be targeted for attack. So, if we're applying "this is how people work" to the argument, let's apply this too. Want to look up statistics for how a woman dresses affects her odds of being attacked? Personally, I'm happy with just leaving it at what I've been saying all along: it's just a bad move. If you're in combat, try focusing on as few foes as possible at a time. Don't go trying to get everyone to kill/whatever else you. And I think most people have that common sense already in them. They don't want to get dogpiled. They don't want extra trouble when they're already dealing with enough. "Distraction" works in settings where you're trying to put a target at ease, such as in spying or assassination. Not in battlefield conditions or when you're out grocery shopping. If it helps, imagine you're advising your daughter. Stay with friends, don't draw attention, keep alert to your surroundings... Survival tactics can be applied pretty much everywhere.

As long as it's left at that simple "that isn't actually effective" it's fine, but otherwise it's getting a bit too real, so I'm going to take a step back.

Edited by Mercakete

This has veered waaaaaay out of the topic of Feh, but a few last points I wanna make before we all silently agree to go quiet again until the next Resplendent Hero is revealed to be Wrys.

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Actually we're talking about drawing attention, flashing, etc. It's not a viable defensive strategy, it draws unwanted attention. It doesn't work to distract, it works to attract. This is part of why you don't see the everyday woman wearing less as a defensive strategy. So, if it's not a viable tactic, it's not a viable tactic and doesn't work as an argument. There's a reason why you hear about idols as such being stalked and attacked. Allure doesn't protect you, it makes you a target.

It's not fair to compare a scenario where a person is unaware of their attacker (or is aware but is unable to do anything about it themselves) to a scenario where a person is actively trying to kill their attacker. And in the modern scenario, the stalked is probably not trained in self-defense. In Fire Emblem, every single playable unit is able to hold their own in combat against the likes of trained soldiers, abominable monsters, dragons, and sealed away eldrich horrors.
It's important to remember that society was way different in medieval times. Someone from Coloniel American times with the same values as back then would never make it in the modern age. Hell, in reality none of the women in FE would probably even be allowed near active battlefields that didn't start in their own still-standing village, especially when the usually-feminine role of medic can be performed by a Priest.

We aren't saying it's not smart to dress to protect, we're discussing the dress code values of a fictional medieval age.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, the entire point of drawing aggro in video games is to get the opponent to not pay attention to the party members that deal damage so that the party members that deal damage can deal damage without being attacked. The only reason tanks have to be able to take hits is because enemies in video games typically can't be incapacitated before they reach the tank.

It seems weird to talk about "drawing aggro" in a game where aggro manipulation isn't easy to do. There's no skill that a defensive unit like Hector or Benny can use to force enemy units to specifically attack them (the Savior skills are more like Defense Stance from Fates in that regard), it's mostly just having the right combination of stats/weapon/current health that has enemies decide if it's better to attack you or the person next to you.

14 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Honestly, I don't see what's so hard to understand.

I understand your arguments. You're just making bad arguments.

Safety in a modern urban setting does not automatically translate to safety on a medieval fantasy battlefield. You're asserting that it does while providing nothing to justify your assertion.

14 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Actually we're talking about drawing attention, flashing, etc. It's not a viable defensive strategy, it draws unwanted attention. It doesn't work to distract, it works to attract. This is part of why you don't see the everyday woman wearing less as a defensive strategy. So, if it's not a viable tactic, it's not a viable tactic and doesn't work as an argument. There's a reason why you hear about idols as such being stalked and attacked. Allure doesn't protect you, it makes you a target. As for your counterarguments regarding tanks, check my previous comments.

If it didn't distract people, there wouldn't be the common joke of a guy driving down the street, seeing a pretty girl walking on the opposite sidewalk, rolling down his window to whistle at her, and then crashing his car. Distraction and attracting are not mutually exclusive.

But that aside and continuing from the above response:

Female playable characters that wield physical weapons in Fire Emblem typically have more than the equivalent of rudimentary military training, as they are typically nobility or mercenaries or come from a warrior culture. In contrast, the majority of enemy units have at best rudimentary military training, as they are typically common foot soldiers or bandits. The playable characters are typically at an advantage against the opponents in terms of training and are equal to the opponents in terms of equipment.

In contrast, modern women walking down the street are typically not trained in self defense, much less military-grade training in the use of a weapon. Furthermore, muggings are typically intended to be surprise attacks against a lone person, not a battle between two armies.

Modern safety recommendations are tailored to a modern setting. What works here can't automatically be expected to work in a different setting or a different situation.

10 hours ago, Xenomata said:

It seems weird to talk about "drawing aggro" in a game where aggro manipulation isn't easy to do. There's no skill that a defensive unit like Hector or Benny can use to force enemy units to specifically attack them (the Savior skills are more like Defense Stance from Fates in that regard), it's mostly just having the right combination of stats/weapon/current health that has enemies decide if it's better to attack you or the person next to you.

The trope itself extends well outside of Fire Emblem, and if drawing aggro is being mentioned as a detriment, then I'll appeal to games where drawing aggro is an actual mechanic since there are plenty of games that contain both an aggro mechanic and even skimpier female clothing.

The main point, though, was that drawing aggro isn't really a thing in real life, or at least, not in the same way that it typically works in video games where enemies simply forget about the existence of everything else.

This ... certainly went places.

Not really sure how we got here, I was mostly complaining about how female avatars don't wear pants. I still stand by that, I'd like to have more female avatars who wear pants.

Edited by Sunwoo

13 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Hector and Benny don't have access to it, but the Provoke skill does exist in Fire Emblem.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're just making bad arguments.

This is probably correctly identifying why I always have so much trouble trying to explain myself to people.

I argue/think based on concepts behind the physical actualization of those concepts, and am often trying to explain these guiding concepts to others. I argue based on "why" and how one thing leads to another, rather than on the thing itself. Of course, this can be kind of hard to follow for the one I'm trying to speak to, and hard for me to express in concrete terms since I'm talking about an abstraction. So, I wind up trying to talk about the manifestations which result from the concept behind them in order to highlight the concepts behind them, and cause and effect, etc. (Because that's how I see the world.)

In the end it just gets frustrating for both parties, and it just circles back to this. =_=; In the end, I'm just not good at arguing my points. No matter how well-intended I am, I'm no good at this, and instead of making things better with greater clarity, I just make things worse.

I do sincerely appreciate you putting it so simply. (I don't do "simple" all that well.) It's grounding, and, obviously, I'm lacking in grounding naturally. So, thanks. To me, the important thing is that things are identified correctly, and being able to understand it simply is even better.

*sigh* I have no idea how to improve, though, if my base thoughts are always so complex and zoomed-in on each piece one at a time... Ugh, I'm probably not making any sense right now either...

And I just realized that you said I'm making bad arguments, not bad at making arguments. Hello dyslexia, how are you today? Ugh. B(