• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Roy, Leo, Caeda, Camilla, Lachesis. I'm a free to play player who's been playing since the game came out... I got another 5* Camilla but merged them. They're all level 40 except Caeda, whom I just got recently. I keep losing ;___;

Cheer up, there are people a lot worse off then you XD

First thing, base stat total affects your score. Units with higher stats give you more points for a higher score

Thing #2, Make sure you use the bonus heroes! Anna is in this rotation so if you can get her to 4 star level 40 quick enough and build a team around her, then you're in the business.

Trois! if it ain't already obvious, you have to do advanced! You must! That gives the most points!

Fourth on the list, if your units die your score for that round goes down, so keep them alive no matter what! Try to go for 7 wins on advanced with 2 deaths and a bonus hero. That'll give you mondo points!

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Cheer up, there are people a lot worse off then you XD

First thing, base stat total affects your score. Units with higher stats give you more points for a higher score

Thing #2, Make sure you use the bonus heroes! Anna is in this rotation so if you can get her to 4 star level 40 quick enough and build a team around her, then you're in the business.

Trois! if it ain't already obvious, you have to do advanced! You must! That gives the most points!

Fourth on the list, if your units die your score for that round goes down, so keep them alive no matter what! Try to go for 7 wins on advanced with 2 deaths and a bonus hero. That'll give you mono points!

I've been using 4* Anna at level 40. She's kinda dead weight though... I do advanced arena too but I usually lose and sometimes even lose on intermediate. I guess I just don't know how to build my team? :(

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I guess I just don't know how to build my team? :(

Stop being negative!

If you can, take a picture of your other units, so I can get a better picture of what's happening. Another thing too, the arena matches your units' stat total to the enemy so using lower units can help you too.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Stop being negative!

If you can, take a picture of your other units, so I can get a better picture of what's happening. Another thing too, the arena matches your units' stat total to the enemy so using lower units can help you too.

Oops, Lachesis wasn't level 40. My bad. I'm still not going to use her though. Anyway yeah, I mostly just have a few 5*. I usually have trouble with Kagero, Tharja, and Takumi. My M!Robin can handle pineapple boy but even loses to Tharja despite WTA o_o

IMG_1149.PNG.png

7 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Oops, Lachesis wasn't level 40. My bad. I'm still not going to use her though. Anyway yeah, I mostly just have a few 5*. I usually have trouble with Kagero, Tharja, and Takumi. My M!Robin can handle pineapple boy but even loses to Tharja despite WTA o_o

IMG_1149.PNG.png

Get Robin to five stars RIGHT AWAY!

He solves all of your problems (Including Tharja) and you won't have to worry about Kagero either. 

M robin Roy Anna Jeorge or

Anna M robin Marth Jeorge

The first team is if you're aiming for a really good score with a solid team.

The second has only 4 stars just in case you want a nice score and don't want to deal with any overpowered units. U out can switch it up too and maybe use the easy one on the last few matches out of the 7.

I like the attack plus on Jeorge btw, nice addition

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Get Robin to five stars RIGHT AWAY!

He solves all of your problems (Including Tharja) and you won't have to worry about Kagero either. 

M robin Roy Anna Jeorge or

Anna M robin Marth Jeorge

The first team is if you're aiming for a really good score with a solid team.

The second has only 4 stars just in case you want a nice score and don't want to deal with any overpowered units. U out can switch it up too and maybe use the easy one on the last few matches out of the 7.

I like the attack plus on Jeorge btw, nice addition

Don't have enough feathers to promote anyone to 5*. It's a problem getting feathers because I can't win in the arena very often... :P I'll just be patient. Yeah, I sacrificed Gordin to his teacher for that :P

Is Roy the best out of my red units here?

Don't have enough feathers to promote anyone to 5*. It's a problem getting feathers because I can't win in the arena very often... :P I'll just be patient. Yeah, I sacrificed Gordin to his teacher for that :P

Is Roy the best out of my red units here?

Roy is kind of meh in my eyes but to me, as of your units right now, yes. Although a five star Marth is probably better for you. But since your marth is only 4, Roy is definitely better. Leo is okay but I don't really like him too much either, although his savage blow is pretty nasty.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Roy is kind of meh in my eyes but to me, as of your units right now, yes. Although a five star Marth is probably better for you. But since your marth is only 4, Roy is definitely better. Leo is okay but I don't really like him too much either, although his savage blow is pretty nasty.

So first priority is to get M!Robin to 5*? Who should be next?

I've been training up the 4* Michalis from the GHB ^_^ he seems good

So first priority is to get M!Robin to 5*? Who should be next?

I've been training up the 4* Michalis from the GHB ^_^ he seems good

After Robin, you're gonna want to go for an arrow user to help with getting of chip damage and dealing with any fliers coming your way. So Jeorge would come after that. A spear user would be good too, but from those units in that picture, your best spear unit is Sharena simply because Cordelia gets smacked up by any and every bow user.

Michalis has good defence, not to mention his blazing thunder as a skill. The only bad thing is his speed and resistance which you'll have to watch out for. One other thing though! You should train the three star one so this way you'll have more SP! My 3 star Michalis has 250+ SP at level 36 and he has all skills unlocked too! 

A note about Leo, he's quite good, but ONLY if you have a dancer or reposition/draw back unit to support him. Him + the support will completely stomp melee units no matter what the matchup is.

However, his damage is quite slow, and it'll take a bit of turns to grind melees down like that, so usually you need a ranged DPS or flying flanker that can pick off the opposing ranged units before they become a problem

Hm ok. I like Jeorge so I wouldn't mind promoting him to 5*. I've been training my 4* Sharena now! Hope to see more use from her. 

Too late, I already started training the 4* Michalis. He's level 16 or so now :P I guess I'll work on the other one later

Too late, I already started training the 4* Michalis. He's level 16 or so now :P I guess I'll work on the other one later

It's never too late to do the right thing! You're gonna be sorry when you want to give michalis something and you have to mow down a bunch of units just to get that last skill!

Unless you're into that kind of thing lol

Just now, Arcanite said:

It's never too late to do the right thing! You're gonna be sorry when you want to give michalis something and you have to mow down a bunch of units just to get that last skill!

Unless you're into that kind of thing lol

Haha true. I want to use Michalis as my main axe user instead of Camilla or Anna (until Anna gets to 5* I guess). What skills should I give him? I was thinking of feeding my Adult Tiki to him for Bonfire since he has high defense

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Haha true. I want to use Michalis as my main axe user instead of Camilla or Anna (until Anna gets to 5* I guess). What skills should I give him? I was thinking of feeding my Adult Tiki to him for Bonfire since he has high defense

Nah, he's fine with his proc.

For an assist, I'd give him something like Reposition.  Since he flies, he can park himself over otherwise impassable terrain, and move units across it.  Swap/Pivot also work.

B slot can either be a Seal skill (if he needs to take hits) or Wings of Mercy/Escape Route (for stupid movement shenanigans).

C slot is whatever your team needs.

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Bonfire is actually pretty nice for him. Lancebreaker is a good B skill and for his defensive skill I like reposition/pivot because he can get some good angles on it since he's a flier.

Yeah tanky units benefit a lot from Reposition, Pivot and Swap. It's like how 9-4 plays. Masked Man has high move and ridiculous offense, so he hides behind a thwomp to gather range, and when he moves to open field the general just repositions and hides him again. That's why I gave Alfonse Swap, to play with Klein's heavy offense and then hide him behind Alfonse. This can be made with other mages as well, like a stupid Nino+Abel combo I saw in the arena weeks ago.

= EDIT =

Onto skills, I think he's fine with Threaten Def if you're also using Jeorge (plus Jeorge increases his spd with Spur Spd), find a good B skill and define a role for him, whether lance killer with lance breaker or green or blue tome breaker, or dagger breaker. Or wings of mercy as eclipse said.

Edited by Quintessence

I also run Swap on Ryoma--granted he's not a real tank but he's durable enough for my purposes--and it's been good, he can hide Nino from incoming reds once she's done nuking blues. I highly recommend positioning skills in general.

15 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I also run Swap on Ryoma--granted he's not a real tank but he's durable enough for my purposes--and it's been good, he can hide Nino from incoming reds once she's done nuking blues. I highly recommend positioning skills in general.

I second this. I run Swap on Ryoma (lol Thor do we have the same Ryoma skillset?), and it's definitely saved me several times. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I second this. I run Swap on Ryoma (lol Thor do we have the same Ryoma skillset?), and it's definitely saved me several times. 

Idk, is yours DefiantAtk3/Vantage3/Hone Spd/Swap/Astra?

I quite like it. Works wonders. I like those times where say, Lucina gets me to like 9 HP after I kill her and then i just walk in front of Julia and is like "bitch try me"

I gave Lucina Swap, Julia Reposition, and Reinhardt Drag Back, and now I have a Dancer too. You can't catch me.

I've figured out who I'm gonna promote to 5* next... And it's Donnel. I'm doing it. Just because I want to pass Brave Lance+ to Effie.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Idk, is yours DefiantAtk3/Vantage3/Hone Spd/Swap/Astra?

I quite like it. Works wonders. I like those times where say, Lucina gets me to like 9 HP after I kill her and then i just walk in front of Julia and is like "bitch try me"

Almost but not quite. I switched out his Defiant Atk for Fury and am planning to switch out Astra for Draconic Aura, but otherwise we match :D

I think my most amazing moment was a low health Ryoma vantage-tanking and one-shotting 3 ranged units in one turn when I thought he was going to die. Skill Inheritance is great~

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Almost but not quite. I switched out his Defiant Atk for Fury and am planning to switch out Astra for Draconic Aura, but otherwise we match :D

I think my most amazing moment was a low health Ryoma vantage-tanking and one-shotting 3 ranged units in one turn when I thought he was going to die.

Nice. Fury does sound good with this build as well. Boosts his durability a bit which is good. I might consider getting it for him to try out--although I like Defiant3 for the massive +7 atk--if I ever roll a Hinata.

Holy shit I had that same moment--okay so there was a team with Linde, Tharja, Nino, and Ninian. In that enclosed wall map. So I put Nino in Linde's range, but since Nino wasn't boosted she didn't quite kill Linde and then Ninian danced Linde so Linde's like fuck nah not touching Nino anymore and went to attack Ryoma instead, whoops on my part. Fortunately this Linde also couldn't oneshot Ryoma, so she left him with like 7HP or something. Then Nino and Tharja showed up and I know Ryoma hard-counters Nino so that wasn't a problem but Tharja I wasn't sure about. Ran some calcs to make sure I can do it. I can do it. Fucking did it. Nino ate Ninian on the side. It was great.

Edited by Thor Odinson

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Nice. Fury does sound good with this build as well. Boosts his durability a bit which is good. I might consider getting it for him to try out--although I like Defiant3 for the massive +7 atk--if I ever roll a Hinata.

Holy shit I had that same moment--okay so there was a team with Linde, Tharja, Nino, and Ninian. In that enclosed wall map. So I put Nino in Linde's range, but since Nino wasn't boosted she didn't quite kill Linde and then Ninian danced Linde so Linde's like fuck nah not touching Nino anymore and went to attack Ryoma instead, whoops on my part. Fortunately this Linde also couldn't oneshot Ryoma, so she left him with like 7HP or something. Then Nino and Tharja showed up and I know Ryoma hard-counters Nino so that wasn't a problem but Tharja I wasn't sure about. Ran some calcs to make sure I can do it. I can do it. Fucking did it. Nino ate Ninian on the side. It was great.

Moments like that are what I live for tbh.