Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I wouldn't put it past them to think his B and C skill are too premium to be 4* available and pull another Fates Beasts banner where they don't demote anybody.  Also, we didn't get anybody demoted from the Fallen banner either, did we?

There's always that chance but Push skills have proven to be pretty wack if the unit doesn't have Mystic Boost to offset the recoil dmg leaving only Infantry Rush as the main reason he might not demote.

I wouldn't take the Fallen banner as proof, after all none of the previos alt banners had any demotes so it would be naive to expect the most recent one to have them (I know Mareeta is new but she follows the same logic as Hardin/seasonal exclusive alts). However, this banner falls in line with stuff like the FE6 banner and others so it's reasonable to hope for 1 demote. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

My friend has been asking for Gregor since he started playing.

I'm worried that Brady's not going to demote because they gave him a new push skill and infantry rush. The slow+ and lack of wrathful or dazzling staff speak for themselves, yes, but I'm still concerned. And if nobody demotes from this banner, it'll be really bad. I don't think Kjelle and Brady are popular enough to justify being 5-star locked by that merit alone, which means that if they don't demote then IS purposely gave them skills they considered "too premium" to demote to avoid giving us any of them at 4-star. And since we didn't get anyone from the last banner AND the Fates banner, it'll be irritating.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A second gen Awakening banner without Severa or Inigo. Just... What? Seriously. I am utterly confused at this. They're popular and we got Owain forever ago. Why does IS refuse to give us the other two of this trio?

Sure, I admit I prefer them over Owain by a good bit, but even if I didn't, it still completely baffles me.

We got Owain because he scored high enough to place in Farfetched Heroes. Also, unlike Inigo and Severa, his Fates version actually has a different class, so his Awakening version wasn't already as well-represented as theirs.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wonder who the demote this time will be.  It looks like they all have nice skills, and I really hope this isn't another zero demotions banner.

Yarne: Atk/Spd Solo is pretty good

Kjelle: first canon armor unit we've gotten since Hardin, I think, has BF, so probably 5* locked

Brady: He's the one I think is most likely to demote, but I don't know how much they value the Push skills or Infantry rush

Nah: It would be great to finally get QR3 at a 4*, but I don't think they've ever demoted a dragon, and Bonus doubler and her C skill won't ever be 4*.

I'm pretty confident Brady will demote. Even the beasts banner had the excuse of being functionally Farfetched Heroes 3, while this is a normal banner with plenty of weaker and less-notable units. The Push and Infantry skills seem to have lost their novelty enough to be viable demotes, and I don't think either of these two are especially powerful anyway. Especially with Nah bringing a better Infantry skill now.

22 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Welp, they made Cynthia the GHB, which works out perfectly for me. She is literally the only one out of this bunch that I have any liking for.

Yarne is an infuriating character. Don't care for Brady and Kjelle. Nah I can wait for a Legendary banner appearance where I'll have a better shot.

She's red, so I don't think she'll be getting a legendary banner appearance. It's a lower rate per individual unit, anyway. (3/4 is more than 8/12.)

Just now, Othin said:

We got Owain because he scored high enough to place in Farfetched Heroes. Also, unlike Inigo and Severa, his Fates version actually has a different class, so his Awakening version wasn't already as well-represented as theirs.

Except like Owain, Inigo and Severa are still popular and desired. Not everyone likes their Fates selves. I hate them, and I'm sure others do too.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Except like Owain, Inigo and Severa are still popular and desired. Not everyone likes their Fates selves. I hate them, and I'm sure others do too.

Inigo has a seasonal, and Severa will probably get one sometime this year.

*grumbles* IS has disappointed me more than you will ever know right now. I am willing to be patient but for the love of Grima if she don't get into the game soon so help me

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

There's always that chance but Push skills have proven to be pretty wack if the unit doesn't have Mystic Boost to offset the recoil dmg leaving only Infantry Rush as the main reason he might not demote.

I wouldn't take the Fallen banner as proof, after all none of the previos alt banners had any demotes so it would be naive to expect the most recent one to have them (I know Mareeta is new but she follows the same logic as Hardin/seasonal exclusive alts). However, this banner falls in line with stuff like the FE6 banner and others so it's reasonable to hope for 1 demote. 

I don't think the Push skills are all that useful either, since Fury or a Blow skill isn't dependent upon being at full HP, but we don't get them all that often, and I don't think we've had one at 4* yet.

Just now, Othin said:

Inigo has a seasonal, and Severa will probably get one sometime this year.

It's still not an Inigo in the regular pool. I'd rather have them in the regular pool. Though a seasonal is better than nothing.

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wouldn't put it past them to think his B and C skill are too premium to be 4* available and pull another Fates Beasts banner where they don't demote anybody.  Also, we didn't get anybody demoted from the Fallen banner either, did we?

Nope, no one. The other banner with no demotions was the Fates Beasts banner.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't think the Push skills are all that useful either, since Fury or a Blow skill isn't dependent upon being at full HP, but we don't get them all that often, and I don't think we've had one at 4* yet.

That's true. I don't remember any new skill being demoted as soon as it was introduced, so that's a sound argument against Brady demoting.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It's still not an Inigo in the regular pool. I'd rather have them in the regular pool. Though a seasonal is better than nothing.

There are a lot of characters who have versions but not in the regular pool. I'd like every character with a seasonal-only version to eventually get a regular version, but there are a whole lot of characters who don't have any versions in the game yet that I'd rather they add before worrying about any of those.

Speaking of which, updating a tally I've been making every now and then:

• January: 6 (Tibarn, Nailah, Reyson, Leanne, Naesala, Duma)
  • February: 6 (Greil, Selkie, Kaden, Velouria, Kaden, Panne)
  • March: 7 (Idunn, Thea, Lugh, Sue, Rutger, Bruno, Yune)
  • April: 5 (Caineghis, Lethe, Ranulf, Mordecai)
  • May: 6 (Mareeta, Pent, Louise, Tanith, Sigrun, Naga)
  • June: 5 (Nah, Kjelle, Brady, Yarne, Cynthia)

As of mid-June, we're up to 35 new characters for 2019 so far. Comparing to 2018:

• January: 8 (Micaiah, Zelgius, Sothe, Oliver, Myrrh, L'Arachel, Marisa, Lyon)
  • February: 2 (Hardin, Grima)
  • March: 3 (Morgan F, Morgan M, Gerome)
  • April: 7 (Leif, Nanna, Finn, Saias, Kana F, Kana M, Kaze)
  • May: 4 (Ares, Lene, Ishtar, Julius)
  • June: 5 (Karla, Legault, Linus, Canas, Noire)
  • July: 4 (Sumia, Maribelle, Libra, Walhart)
  • August: 1 (Veronica)

2018 hit 34 new characters at the end of August. Yikes.

7 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

That's true. I don't remember any new skill being demoted as soon as it was introduced, so that's a sound argument against Brady demoting.

It's actually quite normal, especially if we include inheritable weapons:

• Mordecai: Beast Exp
  • Thea: Vanguard
  • Reyson: Fortify Beasts
  • Silas: Even Def Wave
  • Silvia: Barrier Blade, Deluge Dance
  • Libra: Wo Gun, Spur Atk/Res
  • Legault: The Cleaner
  • Ares: Seal Def/Res
  • Shigure: Harmonic Lance, Darting Stance
  • Nanna: Restore
  • Morgan M: Dull Ranged

Looks like you'd have to go back quite far to find a demote that didn't have a new inheritable skill. So Brady is fine, and Atk/Res Push is less noteworthy than most of those.

33 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

*grumbles* IS has disappointed me more than you will ever know right now. I am willing to be patient but for the love of Grima if she don't get into the game soon so help me

IS has yet to add my second, third, fourth and fifth favourite character so you're not in that bad of a position. 

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Zelgius

He's not a new character unless you add L!Ike in your list of new characters for consistency. 

Edited by Icelerate

And IS still hasn't bothered to add my favorite or second favorite to the game, despite the latter actually scoring decently and his daughter being added recently and his class slowly becoming less premium.

I mean, I do appreciate that characters I do like are currently in the game, as well as rediscovering old favorites and gaining new ones. But everyone hates having their favorites be left out. Some people are just luckier than others to have more of their favorite characters in the game at this point.

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

He's not a new character unless you add L!Ike in your list of new characters for consistency. 

FE10 Ike would share votes with FE9 Ike in CYL3 if he was still in it. Zelgius and BK don't. That's my standard.

22 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

IS has yet to add my second, third, fourth and fifth favourite character so you're not in that bad of a position. 

I am aware which is why I’m starting to calm down now. *sigh* it’ll happen eventually just gotta wait.

Uuuugh... can we PLEASE just get the goddamn Refinery update? I could care less if they made an actual "bikinis made of single strands of yarn" banner with all girls, I wanna see if Saizo can be made good.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not expecting no demotions on this one. The Fates beast banner was treated the same as Farfetched Heroes (because it pretty much was all of the characters that had to be skipped previously due to the weapon type not existing), and the new Fallen Heroes banner was treated the same as the other alt-focused banners (Fallen Heroes and Adrift).

Brady is likely demoting because I don't think the Push skills (especially anything that isn't Atk/Spd) or Infantry Rush are premium enough to prevent demotion. That said, I also would not at all be surprised if Kjelle is demoted despite her having Bold Fighter. With every armor and their mom coming with one of Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter these days, it's kind of silly just how often it's on a banner. It's almost like the situation with Swift Sparrow.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Uuuugh... can we PLEASE just get the goddamn Refinery update? I could care less if they made an actual "bikinis made of single strands of yarn" banner with all girls, I wanna see if Saizo can be made good.

Should be Monday evening (in North America).

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That said, I also would not at all be surprised if Kjelle is demoted despite her having Bold Fighter. With every armor and their mom coming with one of Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter these days, it's kind of silly just how often it's on a banner. It's almost like the situation with Swift Sparrow.

I mean, they never did add Swift Sparrow to a 4* summon. I wouldn't be surprised if Bold or Vengeful Fighter shows up on a grail unit, though.

One reason against Kjelle (and in favor of Brady) is that we've got three 4-5* units right now, and two of them are blue. I don't expect a third just yet, but Brady would give us a colorless, which seems appropriate. We've gotten a fair number of free colorless units, but the last colorless demote was Legault, a full year ago.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

With Yarne not being a colorless beast cavalry, I wonder if we'll get a seasonal one at some point.

Lyre could be another candidate. Now that all the Awakening and Fates beasts are in the game, does this mean we're going to get another Tellius banner soon because IS and the fanbase sure loves beast units. 

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

@Thane Hey man, Cynthia's finally in the game.

It's been 3 000 years...

She's a GHB unit and Sumia's daughter though so you know what that means: lackluster art and stats. I'll still consider making her my merge project; I've yet to use a single Grail.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

It's been 3 000 years...

She's a GHB unit and Sumia's daughter though so you know what that means: lackluster art and stats. I'll still consider making her my merge project; I've yet to use a single Grail.

At least you can save orbs! XD

12 minutes ago, Thane said:

Nah, bro, Nah.

Ah. I didn't realize you liked Nah, I just knew Cynthia as the one you were waiting for.

Edited by Sunwoo