Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Vaximillian said:

*Cecilia

This kind of shit is probably why they changed Celice to Seliph. But now they have Effie (Elfy in JP), Elffin, Fae, and Faye (Efi in JP) and that blows my mind.

I think Fae & Faye will see less issues just because they're shorter names with less repeated letters.

Likewise, I don't see Tobin/Robin getting a lot of mix up

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Wait, so what exactly are the skills on the new units again? From my understanding, only Alm has no new skills, but...

Alm- Vengeance, Defiant Def, Quick Riposte

Claire- ?

Faye- Firesweep Bow, ?

Lukas- ?

@DehNutCase, didn't catch that + actually. Seems pretty great to me now.

If Alm has Falchion that's all I care about tbh.

Lukas seems to have a new skill called Fortress Def (Def +5, Atk -3)

Someone (idk who, maybe Clair?) has Hit and Run, which is basically Drag Back without the drag (hit someone then retreat)

Clair has a skill called Windsweep, which is similar to Firesweep (she can't have a double attack even if she normally doubles the opponent BUT if her speed is >5 compared to theirs, they can't counterattack) (so basically it sounds like she makes a fantastic Brave Lance user as long as she has reasonable speed)

Faye gets Bow Exp (like Easter Chrom's Axe Exp...but for bows)

That's all I know for now. I got all of my information from the subreddit's April Update Info/Megathread. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

@Vaximillian Just be glad Aimee and Amy probably won't be in this game due to one being a shop girl and the other a small child. :P They not only have the same names (though with different spellings), they're also both in the same game! (RD)

Go Larabel!

Really sad that i messed up a deathless run. Could have managed 4600 bracket but some position mistake that could be easilly avoided led into Julia ORKO'd by 36 speed Takumi

Praise Gunter, also Eliwood is ridiculous and fun to use, one shotting some squishies(including a funny one shot on Camilla), and handing ORKOEs like candy. I think i kinda see the value of mobility skills during this run, since it really helps at giving proper positioning for Gunter to make sure i could get up the steroid for horse up easier

Edited by JSND

So, under appreciated change in this update: not having the news page pop up every time you log out and log back in.  Really enjoying that.  It's a simple touch, but a nice touch.

Regarding Arena, there's only one thing I noticed

Usually, when running my Sanaki/Nino/Linde/Ninian team (all 5* lvl 40 and Sanaki is +2), I used to never see armors. Well today, I've had an Hector or an Effie in nearly all of my matches.

Damn it, I forgot about the position switching being a thing. That could've helped my arena issues for sure, I bet. I'm content with my 3,502 tho. But next time, I can't forget about the position switching.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Damn it, I forgot about the position switching being a thing. That could've helped my arena issues for sure, I bet. I'm content with my 3,502 tho. But next time, I can't forget about the position switching.

There is an option in settings to always start a battle with position switching, called Starting a Map » Swap Spaces.
Now you'll never forget about repositioning!

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Linde is no problem for me, because I can bait her and then smash her with Freddy. Nino though... If I don't get someone like Marth or Palla over to her before she hits someone else, I'm taking a hit to my score. xP

Also, I decided to give HP+3 to male Robin since he's -HP. That'll help him a good bit, I bet.

@Vaximillian Just be glad Aimee and Amy probably won't be in this game due to one being a shop girl and the other a small child. :P They not only have the same names (though with different spellings), they're also both in the same game! (RD)

Wait, how exactly are you baiting Linde? A -ATK Linde with Aura has 46 ATK, which against Frederick should be 37 (46 - 46*0.2 = 37 after rounding down 9.2). Frederick has 43 HP/14 RES, which is 23 damage x 2. You'd need a RES boost on Frederick (which wouldn't work against a neutral ATK Linde) or Triangle Adept. You said earlier that your Frederick could take hits against blue mages, but Linde should one-round him anyway. You'd have to use one of your reds to bait Linde over to them and have Frederick then take her out without letting her attack.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There is an option in settings to always start a battle with position switching, called Starting a Map » Swap Spaces.

You beautiful man.

1 minute ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

Wait, how exactly are you baiting Linde? A -ATK Linde with Aura has 46 ATK, which against Frederick should be 37 (46 - 46*0.2 = 37 after rounding down 9.2). Frederick has 43 HP/14 RES, which is 23 damage x 2. You'd need a RES boost on Frederick (which wouldn't work against a neutral ATK Linde) or Triangle Adept. You said earlier that your Frederick could take hits against blue mages, but Linde should one-round him anyway. You'd have to use one of your reds to bait Linde over to them and have Frederick then take her out without letting her attack.

Uh, I bait her with someone NOT named Frederick while Frederick safely goes towards her until she's within his range. Linde never one-rounded him when she did strike though, I'm quite positive.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh cool, thanks!

2 minutes ago, salinea said:

What will we do once there's be Arthur as well as Arthur in the game.

obviously the next logical step would be to add artur from sacred stones

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, I bait her with someone NOT named Frederick while Frederick safely goes towards her until she's within his range. Linde never one-rounded him when she did strike though, I'm quite positive.

Oh cool, thanks!

Even without skill inheritance (Blárblade Linde can OHKO almost everything in the game, including several greens), a normal neutral natured Linde at 5* level 40 should have no trouble ORKOing a 5* level 40 Frederick. 

Hell, even a -Atk Linde has no trouble whatsoever ORKOing Frederick.

I'm going to assume the Linde you faced wasn't level 40 or some other factor bc normally Linde devours Frederick with ease, assuming an even playing field. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just now, Anacybele said:

It's spelled Artur, actually.

There's Arthur in Genealogy, Artur in Sacred Stones, and Arthur (Harold in JP) in Fates.

Also Selena in Sacred Stones and Selena in Fates.

And Deen in Gaiden and Deen in Thracia.

And Cain in Shadow Dragon and Cain in Thracia.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

There's Arthur in Genealogy, Artur in Sacred Stones, and Arthur (Harold in JP) in Fates.

Oh. Yeah, that's kind of nuts.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I suggest we call them Awesome Arthur and Arthur Awesome to differentiate.

Je drais même plus, we should cal them Awesome Arthur and Arthur Awesome, so as to be able to tell them apart.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

in japanese, there's also linda in FE1 and FE4 

and kamui in Gaiden and Fates

and Harold in Fates and FE4 though FE4 Harold is only really remembered for his face being reused many times

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Even without skill inheritance (Blárblade Linde can OHKO almost everything in the game, including several greens), a normal neutral natured Linde at 5* level 40 should have trouble ORKOing a 5* level 40 Frederick. 

Hell, even a -Atk Linde has no trouble whatsoever ORKOing Frederick.

I'm going to assume the Linde you faced wasn't level 40 or some other factor bc normally Linde devours Frederick with ease, assuming an even playing field. 

Yeah...based on your past few posts today, Anacybele, the only unit you use that could actually tank Linde would be F!Robin. Otherwise, you'd have to just make use of AI manipulation. Sakura's Balm skill could boost Frederick's RES, but that still wouldn't be enough for a neutral nature level 40 Linde.

If FGO can get by without confusing people while having Arthur, Arturia, Arturia Alter, Arturia Lancer, Arturia Lancer Alter, Arturia Rider Alter, and Arturia Archer, I think FEH can stand to type an identifier for a character like Arthur who rarely sees play anyway.