Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I bet it still won't beat Leo's for me. Gosh dang that convo was adorable. I wanna replay it v.v )

That's what you do this for:

IYwyZOk.png

eAS2mzQ.png

ES4Wkbn.png

SMFwhY0.png

UAPkLKk.png

HAXw2V6.png

PEdyROM.png

Yes I screencap every lv 40 talk

Edited by Glaceon Mage

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay? So what?

Then this is a pretty terrible game, imo.

There's never much I can complete with just my favorites though. I don't like how the game tries to make me ditch them and use characters I don't give a damn about. I'm sorry.

Gacha games are designed to try and make you need the widest amount of units available. And, as a strategy gacha game, this is also designed to not let most people (unless they're as good as mkv) use just some units. It's not a terrible game, it's just the game, period. If you don't like it that way, it's not going to change. They want to make their money, and they need to keep things interested for people not set in their ways. You don't like mages. You only like a few characters. You pull characters people would love and then just say you're going to bin them (which, fair enough, if you don't need them) saying other characters are the same when they have varying stats.

I like to see when you're happy in this game. It's been good when you finally got Ike and finally got Ryoma, but you always seem to look for the negative. Instead of trying to work with the game, or even find your own niche in it using your favourites, you call the game terrible and hate the units that could help. It's a never ending loop. Others are trying to help, but I agree with you. It doesn't sound like this is the right game for you.

@Glaceon Mage

AAAAAAAAHHHH. I shall squee happily again :D

I know I can probably find them online but I would love a library of them ingame ^.^''

Thanks for that :D

Edited by Cute Chao

Just now, Anacybele said:

Okay? So what?

I wasn't trying to be rude to you or anything! I was just saying that expecting to use your faves and get far is as if you were playing a regular plain old FE game, where you can pretty much use whoever the heck you want and still be successful (slight exaggeration). But this is a lot different!

Either way, I hope you come back!

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then this is a pretty terrible game, imo.

You decide to not use the resources the game gives you and then complain that what you choose to use is not enough.
Then you blame the game.

Wonderful.

If the game is so bad, why do you keep coming back, anyway?

Edited by Vaximillian

Anyone have tips for beating the Lunatic Armor quest without Hector? I've been training a team of Zephiel/Zephiel/Gwen/Draug. I don't have the ability to give any of them Pivot. :( I'd rather not promote my Zephiel to 5★ but I think I might have to.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Gacha games are designed to try and make you need the widest amount of units available. And, as a strategy gacha game, this is also designed to not let most people (unless they're as good as mkv) use just some units. It's not a terrible game, it's just the game, period. If you don't like it that way, it's not going to change. They want to make their money, and they need to keep things interested for people not set in their ways. You don't like mages. You only like a few characters. You pull characters people would love and then just say you're going to bin them (which, fair enough, if you don't need them) saying other characters are the same when they have varying stats.

I like to see when you're happy in this game. It's been good when you finally got Ike and finally got Ryoma, but you always seem to look for the negative. Instead of trying to work with the game, or even find your own niche in it using your favourites, you call the game terrible and hate the units that could help. It's a never ending loop. Others are trying to help, but I agree with you. It doesn't sound like this is the right game for you.

I don't like it making me need so many units when I might not even get them (I've pulled very few mages, dagger users, and archers, for instance).

I like a lot of characters, actually. It's just that not many of them are in the game yet (there are few Elibe, Archanea, Ylisse, and Fates characters I care for. I liked the casts of Magvel and Tellius way more. Jugdral too, to a lesser extent since I actually never played it, even though I want to someday).

I've tried to work with the game. I've tried using other people's advice. And believe me, I appreciate all the attempts to help me. But yes, this game is not for me.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You decide to not use the resources the game gives you and then complain that what you choose to use is not enough.
Then you blame the game.

Wonderful.

If the game is so bad, why do you keep coming back, anyway?

Why do you keep being rude?

I'm sure plenty of us use units we don't like just because they are good. Luckily for you, the ones you like seem to be pretty good like Ike or Ryoma. You'll just need to be patient and wait for more units to sacrifice for skill inheritance or change up your strategy a bit more

That's also just in the nature of some games: not every unit can be good or be good at everything. You'll have to vary your team sometime. Like Chao said, gacha games intend for you to use many units

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I wasn't trying to be rude to you or anything! I was just saying that expecting to use your faves and get far is as if you were playing a regular plain old FE game, where you can pretty much use whoever the heck you want and still be successful (slight exaggeration). But this is a lot different!

Either way, I hope you come back!

Oh, I know, Arc. I bear no ill will towards you at all, I swear. :)

This just seems too different for me, I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I'm sure plenty of us use units we don't like just because they are good. Luckily for you, the ones you like seem to be pretty good like Ike or Ryoma. You'll just need to be patient and wait for more units to sacrifice for skill inheritance or change up your strategy a bit more

That's also just in the nature of some games: not every unit can be good or be good at everything. You'll have to vary your team sometime. Like Chao said, gacha games intend for you to use many units

I've done a LOT of skill inheritance already. Didn't you see the post I made showing six different characters with full skill sets? xP

And I don't like being forced to use many units. I want to stick with who I've trained up. Not be forced to bench them after all the work I put into them. Frederick especially. He went from a lowly 3 star to a 5 star with a bunch of good inherited skills. And if I can't use him because I need other units instead, I feel like I wasted my time and resources. I don't try to look for the negative in anything, I always try to find the positive. But sometimes I just don't see a positive.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't like it making me need so many units when I might not even get them (I've pulled very few mages, dagger users, and archers, for instance).

I like a lot of characters, actually. It's just that not many of them are in the game yet (there are few Elibe, Archanea, Ylisse, and Fates characters I care for. I liked the casts of Magvel and Tellius way more. Jugdral too, to a lesser extent since I actually never played it, even though I want to someday).

I've tried to work with the game. I've tried using other people's advice. And believe me, I appreciate all the attempts to help me. But yes, this game is not for me.

Why do you keep being rude?

If you keep saying it's not for you then leave like you say you are. All you're doing is spreading negativity with things that are very subjective.

I'm pretty sure talking crap about the game any longer isn't beneficial for you or the people that are... you know... interested in it, and have a dedicated forum for discussing it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

If you keep saying it's not for you then leave like you say you are.

I'm pretty sure talking crap about the game any longer isn't beneficial for you or the people that are... you know... interested in it, and have a dedicated forum for discussing it.

And this is a fair point.

@AnacybeleThe nature of this game will force you to use characters other than your favorites, either because you couldn't pull said characters or because a team made of only your favorite won't get you far. This has been suggested to you countless times before, but if you receive a unit. I'd like to use a team made of Lucina/Sanaki/Ike/Tiki, but I'd get destroyed by a blue unit. Same if I insisted on using Lucina/Cherche/Lukas/Azura where any mage would kite and destroy me. 

At the moment, the units that you like don't happen to mesh together, since they're all melee units with weak resistance, meaning mages can walk all over you. Faced with this, these are your choices: 1) Use units you don't like along units you do like until you get units to replace those you're not fond of. 2) Use the units you do like, but accept that by using a sub-par team comp, you won't be beating all the maps or score high in the arena. 3) Stop playing the game until more units you like that would help your team comp are added to the game. 4) Just stop playing the game outright.

I personally play this game with the choice 1 mindset and I've been enjoying my time with the game. It allowed me to discover new characters and I like the challenge of finding use for every units. 

However, you seem to have a mindset completely opposite of mine. If you're not willing to use characters you don't like and doing you best with what the game does give you, then maybe it is for the best that you stop playing the game. But I think it might be better for you to attempt choice 2. Do what you can with the units you like. Scrounge up the orbs you get, keep trying at maps that you failed with different compositions and build up orbs and other resources so that you're ready to summon when new units you do like or that are useful to you are added to the game. 

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There's never much I can complete with just my favorites though. I don't like how the game tries to make me ditch them and use characters I don't give a damn about. I'm sorry.

See this is why I say put the game away for awhile. 

I have a friend who, when the game first came out, completed everything she could in those first couple of weeks, and ended up quitting. She hadn't gotten many of the characters she liked and was board so she quit until the Easter event. She picked it up again, managed to get some of the characters she likes and with the mechanics that had been added since she had last played has been enjoying it ever since. But she's had to work for it and be patient. She used a bunch of characters that she does't like but it's like a stepping stone. She's been figuring out how to make the characters she likes work using SI and graciously taking the losses when they come. 

And I don't like being forced to use many units. I want to stick with who I've trained up. Not be forced to bench them after all the work I put into them. Frederick especially. He went from a lowly 3 star to a 5 star with a bunch of good inherited skills. And if I can't use him because I need other units instead, I feel like I wasted my time and resources. I don't try to look for the negative in anything, I always try to find the positive. But sometimes I just don't see a positive.

Okay. I don't believe  you have to bench any unit permanently. I've got a Seliph that I've put a ton of work into and who has been my main red ever since I got him. Last week I got Ike and I've been using him instead. I love Ike but Seliph has become one of my favorite units and I was sad to take him off of my main team.  But you know what? Just with the new defense maps I've found reasons to bring him back. Even if you take Fredrick off of your main team for a while it's not like you don't have him anymore. There will always be situations where he'll end up being useful. You just have to be patient.

Seriously take a chill pill. Deep breath, drink some tea/coffee, go for a walk, take a nap. Don't loose your mind over a mobile game. 

Edited by DarkLordIvy

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I know, Arc. I bear no ill will towards you at all, I swear. :)

This just seems too different for me, I'm afraid.

I've done a LOT of skill inheritance already. Didn't you see the post I made showing six different characters with full skill sets? xP

Benching Frederick isn't a bad thing. He's still there when you need him. He's just a more niche, but he will still be useful on certain maps, etc. He's just not always the best all-rounder, although it can depend on team composition and skills. I'm planning on raising a Gaius from 3* to 5* with full inheritance, for the sole reason that I like him. Nothing else. I have units I don't like as much (and some I adore) that I can use. He's just going to be my beautiful 5* bench warmer. Although, the few times I can use him, I'm going to use the heck out of him! xD

9 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

See this is why I say put the game away for awhile. 

I have a friend who, when the game first came out, completed everything she could in those first couple of weeks, and ended up quitting. She hadn't gotten many of the characters she liked and was board so she quit until the Easter event. She picked it up again, managed to get some of the characters she likes and with the mechanics that had been added since she had last played has been enjoying it ever since. But she's had to work for it and be patient. She used a bunch of characters that she does't like but it's like a stepping stone. She's been figuring out how to make the characters she likes work using SI and graciously taking the losses when they come. 

Okay. I don't believe  you have to bench any unit permanently. I've got a Seliph that I've put a ton of work into and who has been my main red ever since I got him. Last week I got Ike and I've been using him instead. I love Ike but Seliph has become one of my favorite units and I was sad to take him off of my main team.  But you know what? Just with the new defense maps I've found reasons to bring him back. Even if you take Fredrick off of your main team for a while it's not like you don't have him anymore. There will always be situations where he'll end up being useful. You just have to be patient.

Seriously take a chill pill. Deep breath, drink some tea/coffee, go for a walk, take a nap. Don't loose your mind over a mobile game. 

Hmm, you could be right. I thought I was being patient enough when worked with what I had until Ike and all came (used Marth until I got him, for example). I'd also been using Palla until Elincia, Marcia, Jill, Haar, Cormag, and Fiora come (as it stands, none of the fliers I like except for Hinoka and Cordelia are in the game and I never got Hinoka, and I only ever pulled Cordelia once. I used her for skill fodder...). Used Olivia until I got Azura (and I still occasionally use Olivia to help train some units).

But maybe I need a but more patience. And we'll have to see if I can ever get used to using units I don't like. But for now, I guess this is more of a break than ditching the game permanently. I'll go play or do something else in the meantime.

My mood also hasn't been helped much by the fact that I've been battling an ear infection lately. The pain is sometimes unbearable. But it's a little better today.

Edited by Anacybele

hm, is it known when we are getting the orbs from the omikuji mini game on twitter? And how many are we getting again?

I just spectacularly failed to pull anything but SI fodder from  the Mage banner. ( Happy for Reinhardt to finally get Luna though) 

Just now, komasa said:

hm, is it known when we are getting the orbs from the omikuji mini game on twitter? And how many are we getting again?

I just spectacularly failed to pull anything but SI fodder from  the Mage banner. ( Happy for Reinhardt to finally get Luna though) 

If I remember right, we get them on the 11th. Not sure how many though.

Hey, at least you can power up your good units even more yeah?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hmm, you could be right. I thought I was being patient enough when worked with what I had until Ike and all came (used Marth until I got him, for example). I'd also been using Palla until Elincia, Marcia, Jill, Haar, Cormag, and Fiora come (as it stands, none of the fliers I like except for Hinoka and Cordelia are in the game and I never got Hinoka, and I only ever pulled Cordelia once. I used her for skill fodder...). Used Olivia until I got Azura (and I still occasionally use Olivia to help train some units).

But maybe I need a but more patience. And we'll have to see if I can ever get used to using units I don't like. But for now, I guess this is more of a break than ditching the game permanently. I'll go play or do something else in the meantime.

See that's the attitude to have in a game like this. This is a game intended to last a pretty long time. If Nintendo wants to make it last they have to ration out the characters they introduce. I suspect I will be waiting quite awhile for Erk to be added and my "Grumpy Mage Brigade" to be completed. Patience is always a virtue.

Ha I wish I could give you one of my Hinokas. I've managed to pull two of her. But isn't that how it always goes? :P

I don't believe in completely dropping something just because it's frustrating or giving you trouble. You've gotta pace yourself and know when it's time to step away. 

4 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

See that's the attitude to have in a game like this. This is a game intended to last a pretty long time. If Nintendo wants to make it last they have to ration out the characters they introduce. I suspect I will be waiting quite awhile for Erk to be added and my "Grumpy Mage Brigade" to be completed. Patience is always a virtue.

Ha I wish I could give you one of my Hinokas. I've managed to pull two of her. But isn't that how it always goes? :P

I don't believe in completely dropping something just because it's frustrating or giving you trouble. You've gotta pace yourself and know when it's time to step away. 

Yes, patience is always a virtue. This is something my ex always said, now that you mention it.

There are characters in my roster I wish I could give away to other people too (mainly Eirika and Ninian), believe me...

18 minutes ago, komasa said:

May 11th! We're getting 10 orbs and 5k feathers iirc.

1 minute ago, Otorio said:

I thought it was 5 orbs and 3k feathers....

did they increase the amount or something?

Just now, Midori Mage said:

Hey, at least you can power up your good units even more yeah?

The faves are pretty much decked out atm. Mainly waiting for QR 3 and 2 Hinatas for Fury 3. What I did get Fredrick, Odin, 3* adult Tiki. Fred's already gone for Luna x'D

I'm having the hugest dilemma over Odin. He got probably the worst IVs +Hp/-Atk.. but I do love Odin. He's got such a good voice over so I will try and use him. Worst case scenario: more Moonbow. Can never complain about more Moonbow x'D

As for tiki... I don't think I'm ready to go down the loli-dragon path yet x'D But Lightening Breath + and Bonfire are there for the future  :)

@Anacybele Glad to hear you're not abandoning Ike and Fred permanently ;D

Will admit, sometimes I do just like this game to have all the faves in my pocket x'DD

!!!!!! *______* m-Maybe there'll be a chance to summon again! Thank you!

Just now, Arcanite said:

The rewards were actually cumulative, so it was 2+3+5 = 10 orbs and 500+1,500+3000 = 5k feathers.