Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Arena ranking is based on player population now, so you can probably get a decent rank even while playing very relaxed. Sure, you won't make it into the top tiers or whatever, but you'll still get 2-3 orbs a week from ranking easily, and a bunch of feathers.

If I win enough matches. As it stands, I can't win much.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

"Nothing is ever my fault. The game is bugged or has a glitch because I'm not at fault and now I'm going to quit."

Okay, so, moving on. I totally did't realize that Clarine was a bonus unit for the arena this season until, like, earlier today. And I'm mad because Clarine could actually do stuff while my Anna was mostly dead weight. Hopefully this will give me some time to promote Anna before the next season she's required.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But the problem is I don't feel like that. :(

Well you need to adjust your attitude! if I am confident you can get better, what's to stop you then? Only yourself! You have to search it in you to move forward, get over your frustrations, try new strategies, and ask for help!

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, it isn't like I'm deleting the data or anything. xP I'm just not going to play. I might go in every now and then to look at my units, but that's really it.

Thank goodness cause I was worried about that Ike

That's good! I sure hope you start playing regularly again!

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

"Nothing is ever my fault. The game is bugged or has a glitch because I'm not at fault and now I'm going to quit."

First of all, this isn't what I said at all and you know it (calling myself a terrible player = blaming myself, not the fucking game). Second, this wasn't even called for at all.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If I win enough matches. As it stands, I can't win much.

Do you think everyone can always deathless/easily win 7 rounds? (The reason it seems like that, here, is because SF is kind of a hardcore FE site, so it's filled with hardcore FE players).

The average player is probably a lot worse than you are, like, having issues winning easy level bad. You can at least ask us for teambuilding help etc, the average user just runs their units into other units and hopes for the best, probably.

Edit: This means you're probably in the top 50%, and should level out in the 3 orb range easily.

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Do you think everyone can always deathless/easily win 7 rounds? (The reason it seems like that, here, is because SF is kind of a hardcore FE site, so it's filled with hardcore FE players).

The average player is probably a lot worse than you are, like, having issues winning easy level bad. You can at least ask us for teambuilding help etc, the average user just runs their units into other units and hopes for the best, probably.

Apparently a lot of people can, because I was told thousands of players consistently get deathless 7 advanced wins.

Just now, Anacybele said:

First of all, this isn't what I said at all and you know it. Second, this wasn't even called for at all.

No, this is pretty much what I hear every time you complain about the game and I know it. Second, if you really are going to quit, then just do it. Stop posting here and being negative and coming back to the game if you really want to quit.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Apparently a lot of people can, because I was told thousands of players consistently get deathless 7 advanced wins.

Those thousands of player are probably the top 10% or so, if not 5%, remember that lots of people play FE heroes. Now that rank is %ile based rather than #based you should do fine. (I'm tier 11 right now, and 3.8k puts me in the top 10% of that tier, the average player isn't exactly the average SF user.)

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

First of all, this isn't what I said at all and you know it (calling myself a terrible player = blaming myself, not the fucking game). Second, this wasn't even called for at all.

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then my game is bugged, because the description there never said that. I read attack twice and the -5 speed. Nothing more.

Also, I didn't need so many people posting at once. This is happening far too much and it's rather irritating.

But even if it did say that in my game, it still shows how bad I am and how much I really don't know about it. It's sad. I want to enjoy and play the game, but I'm too terrible at it. edited in later lel

Looks like one of my 4* Nowis is +Atk -HP. I think I might promote her in the future. Trying out Fortify Dragons while training her, and that bulk is ridiculous.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

No, this is pretty much what I hear every time you complain about the game and I know it. Second, if you really are going to quit, then just do it. Stop posting here and being negative and coming back to the game if you really want to quit.

Then you need a hearing aid or something, because I never blamed the game for anything at all. I initially said I had a glitch, but I was corrected on that and I admitted I was wrong. Stop twisting my words and painting me as a horrible person. And I am quitting.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Those thousands of player are probably the top 10% or so, if not 5%, remember that lots of people play FE heroes. Now that rank is %ile based rather than #based you should do fine.

Perhaps. But I've still never won much or ended an arena season with an actual rank.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Perhaps. But I've still never won much or ended an arena season with an actual rank.

If you ended with a rank you probably would've been top 10%, I'm not even joking.

Also, the units you liked were very unfavored by the meta, tanky units pay too much HP to kill other units, but now, with forts, Frederick can probably sit on a fort and kill swords if he wanted. (Forts reduce damage taken by 30% of def/res, and that's alot for a unit like Frederick. Probably even stronger than WTA.)

Edit: It's actually the fort changes that got me building up my Selena again. +30% def/res means she can just sit there and charge Ignis, even if mages were dinging her every single turn.

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Looks like one of my 4* Nowis is +Atk -HP. I think I might promote her in the future. Trying out Fortify Dragons while training her, and that bulk is ridiculous.

Nowi is even better now. She has like 42 HP, 30 Defense, and 27 RES. On a fort, that's like 39 Defense and 35 Resistance. I really like the TA + QR build, with Reposition as assist and Moonbow as special (I tried Noontime for some healing, but it tends to activate on the second QR hit, when the enemy is already damaged.) With fort bonuses, you can even emergency tank a green if need be.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then you need a hearing aid or something, because I never blamed the game for anything at all. I initially said I had a glitch, but I was corrected on that and I admitted I was wrong. Stop twisting my words and painting me as a horrible person. And I am quitting.

Regard the post above you. Also, yay, a direct personal attack on me. How very mature. Also, hearing aids for reading a thread? Classy. The only person painting anyone else as a horrible person is you.

If you're quitting for real, then stop coming in here bringing in negativity. I swear, what feels like every other day you say you're quitting and then you just come back and say you're quitting again. All I ask is that if you're really quitting then please go and stay go.

Edited by Sunwoo

7 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

If you ended with a rank you probably would've been top 10%, I'm not even joking.

Also, the units you liked were very unfavored by the meta, tanky units pay too much HP to kill other units, but now, with forts, Frederick can probably sit on a fort and kill swords if he wanted. (Forts reduce damage taken by 30% of def/res, and that's alot for a unit like Frederick. Probably even stronger than WTA.)

No they weren't. Ike, Ephraim, and Klein were supposedly really good. Frederick though, wasn't favored, yeah. And forts? I didn't know those existed either. See, I don't know enough...

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

edited in later lel

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was corrected on that and I admitted I was wrong.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sure I can give up. It saves me more stress and frustration.

Also, I can't keep saying I'll quit and not actually quit.

dang, if it really does stress you out to play the game, i would quit, honestly...games are there to have fun and relieve stress sometimes (except for the FE series on hard/lunatic modes..those takes years off your life), i am sad though that it's just not doing it for you. i hope you'll still come around on the forums sometimes, even though that wouldn't make sense. i understand the game getting frustrating sometimes, but it also has good times. and you've been running the arena with almost a full melee team, and before you even had Ike with his distant counter! that's pretty amazing to me that you can even do it, i definitely couldn't. the only reason i can get deathless, imo, is because i run a lot of ranged units + dancer.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Regard the post above you. Also, yay, a direct personal attack on me. How very mature. Also, hearing aids for reading a thread? Classy.

If you're quitting for real, then stop coming in here bringing in negativity. I swear, what feels like every other day you say you're quitting and then you just come back and say you're quitting again. All I ask is that if you're really quitting then please go and stay go.

lol, there was no personal attack in that post. A personal attack would've been something like calling you an ass or bitch. I didn't do any of that. Also, you're the immature one, imo. And sure, I'll be happy to go. I'm tired of having to make complaints anyway.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No they weren't. Ike, Ephraim, and Klein were supposedly really good. Frederick though, wasn't favored, yeah. And forts? I didn't know those existed either. See, I don't know enough...

Ike and Eph were... average, to be honest. The tier list on the wiki is kind of trash. (It rates Sharena above Cordelia, for gods sakes. Cordelia, Ms. 35/35 offenses that starts with a Brave weapon.)

Klein was good, yeah, but he really needed +Atk nature AND a +4 atk buff to shine, and you probably had neither.

[Edit: Ephraim is actually top tier, but only in one very specific niche---full time buff bot and red-check. You probably didn't use him that way. (TA3, rally speed, hone def or the like)]

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Ike and Eph were... average, to be honest. The tier list on the wiki is kind of trash. (It rates Sharena above Cordelia, for gods sakes. Cordelia, Ms. 35/35 offenses that starts with a Brave weapon.)

Klein was good, yeah, but he really needed +Atk nature AND a +4 atk buff to shine, and you probably had neither.

I wasn't going by any wikis. I was going by what people here told me through advice and such. They said Ike, Ephraim, and especially Klein were all great. My Klein isn't +Atk though, no. But he kills things just fine.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

lol, there was no personal attack in that post. A personal attack would've been something like calling you an ass or bitch. I didn't do any of that. Also, you're the immature one, imo. And sure, I'll be happy to go. I'm tired of having to make complaints anyway.

You said that I needed a hearing aid (for reading a thread, nonetheless). The implications of that, because you clearly can't tell what an implication, is would be: "You are so deaf and stupid that you obviously need a hearing aid just to understand basic things that were just said".

Also, Ana, I'd like you to go back and point out me being immature, but I'm pretty sure you can't. You do this all the time: you don't know how to use your own words to argue against people, so you just pick the last thing people said and throw it back at them like it's going to make you sound all threatening. It doesn't.

EDIT: Also what happened to "I'll be happy to go"? You're still here.

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

It seems that quite a few Japanese sites still rate Cordelia relatively low. Then again, said Japanese sites haven't figured out Brash Assault Lyn for some reason.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I wasn't going by any wikis. I was going by what people here told me through advice and such. They said Ike, Ephraim, and especially Klein were all great. My Klein isn't +Atk though, no. But he kills things just fine.

You were always very...selective about advice. Like, you refused to train up the free 3* star units you get from the daily rotation AFTER people started talking about that Mkv person's videos. Wouldn't have helped in the arena, but all you needed to do for GHBs was get those free units, train them up, and copy that person's strategy exactly, move-for-move.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You said that I needed a hearing aid (for reading a thread, nonetheless). The implications of that, because you clearly can't tell what an implication, is would be: "You are so deaf and stupid that you obviously need a hearing aid just to understand basic things that were just said".

Also, Ana, I'd like you to go back and point out me being immature, but I'm pretty sure you can't. You do this all the time: you don't know how to use your own words to argue against people, so you just pick the last thing people said and throw it back at them like it's going to make you sound all threatening. It doesn't.

Sure I can point out when you've been immature. You were very immature to hold a grudge against me over something that happened years ago. And when I've mentioned this to other people, whom I will not name so I don't get them involved in any trouble, they agreed with me.

Maybe I'm not the best at debates or arguments, no. But that doesn't mean there aren't times where I DO know very well what I'm talking about.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It seems that quite a few Japanese sites still rate Cordelia relatively low. Then again, said Japanese sites haven't figured out Brash Assault Lyn for some reason.

Brash Assault Lyn is pretty mediocre though. She needs to be half health or less, and even with +ATK, she has like 54 ATK with Defiant Attack? Maybe people have gotten nice results from it, but that feels like it's just emulating what other sword lords (mostly Lucina and Ryoma) can do with, say, Desperation. 

Just now, Anacybele said:

Klein needs +Atk to 2HKO =Takumi. It's pretty minor, but single match-ups like this can make arena runs a lot easier. (It doesn't have to be Takumi, either, just any unit that gives you trouble during a run. If a nature change or buffs make the unit easier to deal with, then running that nature change or buff makes runs smoother.)

Ike and Ephraim are great in the sense that 90% of the units in the game are great: That is, they can all do their jobs acceptably. But their jobs weren't all that wide, and the two of them were stepping on each other's toes. Both Ike and Ephraim likes fighting swords, are fine against physical units in general, and hate fighting mages. Klein's great against mages without Raven tomes, thankfully, which overs that hole nicely, but there's only one Klein, and you don't have a dancer.

That's more or less a teambuilding issue, though, your units weren't bad, but certain match-ups were horrible for you since you're specialized in beating the crap out of physical teams while being so-so against mage lineups.

3 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

You were always very...selective about advice. Like, you refused to train up the free 3* star units you get from the daily rotation AFTER people started talking about that Mkv person's videos. Wouldn't have helped in the arena, but all you needed to do for GHBs was get those free units, train them up, and copy that person's strategy exactly, move-for-move.

I said I wasn't Mkv and can't use 3 star units as well as that person can. I believed it wouldn't have done me any good and I still don't. I've already said I'm not a super expert player like Mkv. Also, I don't like using 3 star units when I can use stronger 4 and 5 star units.