Is Fire Emblem Fates Officially DEAD!?!

Royal Flame

So Echos is coming out and its gonna be a good game for sure. But with that comes a question. Is Fire Emblem Fates going to die!?! They havent released the last 2 DLC maps(The festival of bonds maps) for the Western audience!!! Is it gonna happen? Or will they revive it later on? I hope Nintendo isnt gonna sweep Fates under the rug for Echos. I

It's not happening. This isn't official but really it's been so long that all hope is essentially gone and has been for a while.

Fates has served its purpose, though its characters will appear elsewhere (FE Warriors and Heroes).  I really want the last two DLC, but I won't hold my breath.

I'm still replaying Fates as well so I also don't really want it to die because of that. Although I am excited for new Fire Emblem games coming, I was pretty disappointed to not get anything on the remaining DLC in a FIRE EMBLEM DIRECT OF ALL THINGS. Echoes doesn't really look like my kind of game to be quite honest, so I'm mostly just waiting for Heroes and Warriors to expand my interest beyond the newest game in the main series. The fact that this kind of DLC wouldn't be released outside Japan is an absolute fucking crime if you ask me.

We're not getting the last batch of Fates DLC. Fans spoke, Nintendo listened. At this point, it's not happening.

Which is a shame because it was the DLC I wanted the most.

1 hour ago, Jave said:

We're not getting the last batch of Fates DLC. Fans spoke, Nintendo listened. At this point, it's not happening.

Which is a shame because it was the DLC I wanted the most.

I'm sorry, is there a source for this? I'm tired of people saying Nintendo actually listens to those ludicrous fans on a video game of all things, something that is created to make money. If we got the other Fates DLC, why wouldn't we get the rest? Either way, though, fuck the Fates fanbase honestly. They may have possibly ruined this game's localization, but I still want to have hope. Don't fucking try to take that away from me.

wow maybe it's because i jumped on late, but this was a really short fire emblem "era", especially for 3 games.  but it does speak to the overall franchise's success that they're already pushing ahead. 

Edited by Radiant head

As bad as the story was in Fates, and some supports that weren't great, I too, wanted the last DLCs. As much as I didn't like the kids in Fates, or their reason for existing, I'm a sucker for matchmaking and I love it story/dialogue/lore/etc changes in a game based on your decisions. Plus, withholding DLC when we received everything else is kind of a slap in the face.

Do people seriously think those maps aren't being released because of fan backlash to the localization? That didn't stop them from releasing every other piece of DLC, not to mention continuing to promote Fates characters in the upcoming titles.

3 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Do people seriously think those maps aren't being released because of fan backlash to the localization? That didn't stop them from releasing every other piece of DLC, not to mention continuing to promote Fates characters in the upcoming titles.

More likely it's the amount of translation work required for them due to the massive number of unique conversations, plus the fact that IntSys now has two major projects in the works at current, one of which is probably being localized soon if not as we speak.

20 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

wow maybe it's because i jumped on late, but this was a really short fire emblem "era", especially for 3 games.  but it does speak to the overall franchise's success that they're already pushing ahead. 

Actually, considering the number of entries into the 3DS era, it was actually one of the longer ones, when you look at the general cycle of each era, (which is 2-3 years between each game) and with the number of entries in each, roughly making 6-7 years for the earlier ones. But then everything changed when the fire nation attacked once it went GBA onward (FE10 & 12 being the exception), where there was another entry roughly one year after the other in japan, making GBA 4 years, GCN/Wii 3 years, and DS 6 years. 3DS pacing was actually more similar to the NES/SNES eras, in that 3 years passed from Awakening to Fates, and almost 2 from Fates to Echoes. The only variable being the one for Switch which all we know is "expected" for 2018. Assuming that doesn't change, that makes 6 years, which isn't the shortest by any means, but by comparison to others with the same lifespan, I suppose it could be

... why I actually took the time to look these all up is beyond me. I'm no accountant, I dun like numbers

I really want an answer on why they decided to screw everybody out of the last DLC. They'll likely never say. But with this I do feel betrayed enough that I will refuse to buy any future FE games involving DLC (Just give us a full game on day one and let that be it!) unless it is way after the game has been out and we already did get everything since I never want to experience this crazy mix of anticipation and loss again.

I guess those of us that still want the full experience will just have to resort to hacking. I've always despised hacking and not doing things the way it was officially meant to be but... Now that it is blatantly clear they don't want our money, we'll just have to service ourselves for free. How hard would it be to simply do something like edit the second Gift from Anna DLC to be usable infinite times and give you every single DLC seal/skill scroll each time you do? Has somebody already done something like that?

Since I am still far from done with fates (mainly due to waiting endlessly for the last of its content and never getting it) I won't be ready to be buying another game until after I get something like the hack above and finally finish everything I wanted to do in Fates.

Edited by Amanroth

1 minute ago, Amanroth said:

I really want an answer on why they decided to screw everybody out of the last DLC. They'll likely never say. But with this I do feel betrayed enough that I will refuse to buy any future FE games involving DLC (Just give us a full game on day one and let that be it!) unless it is way after the game has been out and we already did get everything since I never want to experience this crazy mix of anticipation and loss again.

I guess those of us that still want the full experience will just have to resort to hacking. I've always despised hacking and not doing things the way it was officially meant to be but... Now that it is blatantly clear they don't want our money, we'll just have to service ourselves for free. How hard would it be to simply do something like edit the second Gift from Anna DLC to be usable infinite times and give you every single DLC seal/skill scroll each time you do? Has somebody already done something like that?

Since I am still far from done with fates (mainly due to waiting endlessly for the last of its content and never getting it) I won't be ready to be buying another game until after I get something like the hack above and finally finish everything I wanted to do in Fates.

Bad news: according to the news article on SF homepage, there is going to be DLC in Shadows of Valentia; in the JP Limited Edition and JP My Nintendo exclusive Valentia complete packages for Shadows of Valentia, buyers can receive a DLC code for Shadows of Valentia's DLC.

1 hour ago, AzureSen said:

More likely it's the amount of translation work required for them due to the massive number of unique conversations, plus the fact that IntSys now has two major projects in the works at current, one of which is probably being localized soon if not as we speak.

It shouldnt take over 5 monthes...... fine it was a little late and released in december but for naga's sake atleast say that you didnt forget you know?

27 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Bad news: according to the news article on SF homepage, there is going to be DLC in Shadows of Valentia; in the JP Limited Edition and JP My Nintendo exclusive Valentia complete packages for Shadows of Valentia, buyers can receive a DLC code for Shadows of Valentia's DLC.

Do you have a  source I can look from? Im curious.

35 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

*Scratches Shadows of Valentia off list of games to get* Fool me once, shame on them. Fool me twice, shame on me. I've never been a fan of remakes anyway, especially when I've played more than enough of the original.

I think in some ways the Fire Emblem community is to blame for it. While Fates did really well, and sold the most in the series, the fans did nothing but complain about the game since release. They complained about My Castle. They complained about the Support System. They complained about Phoenix Mode. They complained about the story. They complained about the Avatar. They complained about just about everything in the game.

Not to say that none of that was entirely great mechanics, but the Fire Emblem community everywhere really kind of threw a fit about Fates a lot since day 1. So its no wonder why IS decided to move on from it as fast as they could.

At the same time, Echoes and Mobile were clearly in development for at least  a year or longer, so they clearly jumped to new projects once most of Fates was done. So that clearly has to do with it as well.

All I will say though is if IS's goal was to get everyone's attention off of Fates with Echoes, it definitely worked.

Edited by Tolvir

Yeah, looks like we won't be seeing more from Fates, except in Heroes.

Which is a darn shame since, nevermind us not getting the last 2 maps, overall the DLC for Fates just didn't seem to have a proper end. Where was the 5-star difficulty map? What happened to Bold Stance and the other unreleased skills?

Oh well, I guess the latter could turn up in Echoes.

BTW, the (known) DLC for Echoes seems to be an early-game assist. Which actually sounds a lot more shady than previous FE DLC.

14 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

It's probably just a reminder. Are you sure it said "new"?

I got at least two reminders on my European 3DS.

I think they just want to get some extra money from the recent FE hype ; )

It did say new, yes.

I looked at the design shop, because I also got a notification there and there are actually two new designs available on there, or at least it's the first time I saw them. One shows the four most popular males and the other the four most popular men according to the popularity ballot. Could that be it?

Bolded: I agree with you 100%

To be honest, I'm kind of excited to get to know Alm his crew better. From what I saw in Awakening, they were pretty awesome.

Edited by DragonFlames
Missing infos

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

It did say new, yes.

I looked at the design shop and there are actually two new designs available on there, or at least it's the first time I saw them. One shows the four most popular males and the other the four most popular men according to the popularity ballot. Could that be it?

Bolded: I agree with you 100%

To be honest, I'm kind of excited to get to know Alm his crew better. From what I saw in Awakening, they were pretty awesome.

Could be a mistake.

Are you in North America?

Pretty sure those popularity contest themes were there since last year. I saw them on my European 3DS. Or am I getting mixed up with my Japanese 3DS? Hmm.