Assuming Echoes implies a series of re-releases, what do you want next?

Elieson

Select a Game for what you want to be the •Next• in the potential Echoes line  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Select a Game for what you want to be the •Next• in the potential Echoes line

• Dark Dragon and Sword of Light [1]
    • Mystery of the Emblem [3]
    • Genealogy of the Holy War [4]
    • Thracia 776 [5]
    • Binding Blade [6]
    • Blazing Sword [7]
    • Sacred Stones [8]
    • Path of Radiance [9]
    • Radiant Dawn [10]

Probably 4/5. I'd rather have Roy's game just localized and released on the Virtual Console, I'd be afraid they might screw it up if they remade it (cutting characters, Mark returns, etc). 4/5 would work better, I think, and definitely needs the update more. I still have that fear of "they might screw this up" though.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, CappnRob said:

Totally agreed on modernizing and streamlining FE4 would ruin it though. FE4 isn't FE4 without ridiculous growth rates and huge maps and janky weapon balance. Maybe if they remade it with an "Original" and "Arrange" mode where Original is the untouched classic and Arrange is an attempt to reel in the crazy for less patient players.

That is something which'd likely be kept, considering how crazy growths still exist for kids with Awakening and Fates, while I am not going to speculate the fate of an FE4 remake otherwise.

im on the fence. On one hand I'd prefer it if Nintendo just localized Jugdral, Binding Blade, and New Mystery on the virtual console. It'd probably be less work than a full on remake and if they start with New Mystery they can sell it as a widely publicized "sequel" to Echoes and basically have New Mystery ride on its success.

on the other, I'd like to see what they'd do with a remake of every game, so much so that I had a subtitle for every remake setup:

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow Dragon and the Mystery of the Emblem (11+12, Intsys is literally never touching the original versions again. FE13, TMS, and now Heroes make that pretty clear, so if there's Marth remakes they'd build on 11+12)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Chronicles of a Holy War (FE4+5)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Scars of the Scouring (FE6+7)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Magvel (8)

Fire Emblem Echoes: The Medallion of the Blue Flame (FE9+10)

Fire Emblem Echoes: ReAwakening (FE13)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Tides of Fate (FE14, all paths in one)

I think it would be best if they combined the titles with directly connected games soas everyone gets the whole story. In the case of Jugdral, FE4 Gen 1 would be the first playable, which would unlock FE5, and then beating that would unlock FE4 G2. Same with Tellius and FE10 being unlocked by FE9. Elibe I'm not as sure if that should be enforced due to the nature of FE7 being a prequel, Jugdral is mostly to avoid spoiling Sigurd's toasty ending.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

I think they should remake Jugdral next. Its interesting and popular enough to deserve it but also always had enough flaws that required fixing. 

After Echos gets released it will also be the only continent without any availability in the west. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

im on the fence. On one hand I'd prefer it if Nintendo just localized Jugdral, Binding Blade, and New Mystery on the virtual console. It'd probably be less work than a full on remake and if they start with New Mystery they can sell it as a widely publicized "sequel" to Echoes and basically have New Mystery ride on its success.

on the other, I'd like to see what they'd do with a remake of every game, so much so that I had a subtitle for every remake setup:

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow Dragon and the Mystery of the Emblem (11+12, Intsys is literally never touching the original versions again. FE13, TMS, and now Heroes make that pretty clear, so if there's Marth remakes they'd build on 11+12)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Chronicles of a Holy War (FE4+5)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Scars of the Scouring (FE6+7)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Magvel (8)

Fire Emblem Echoes: The Medallion of the Blue Flame (FE9+10)

Fire Emblem Echoes: ReAwakening (FE13)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Tides of Fate (FE14, all paths in one)

I think it would be best if they combined the titles with directly connected games soas everyone gets the whole story. In the case of Jugdral, FE4 Gen 1 would be the first playable, which would unlock FE5, and then beating that would unlock FE4 G2. Same with Tellius and FE10 being unlocked by FE9. Elibe I'm not as sure if that should be enforced due to the nature of FE7 being a prequel, Jugdral is mostly to avoid spoiling Sigurd's toasty ending.

It would be a lot less work to just localize them on virtual console, true, but it would be a lost less profitable too. Not nearly as many people are going to play a clunky old title from the 90s as the would with a heavily polished new release. And due to the nature of it being a virtual console game they wouldn't be able to charge anywhere near as much for it. I'd love if they did do that but I highly doubt they'd consider it viable. Then again I have been wrong in the past so here's to hoping.

I don't agree with people people saying the remakes set in the same world should be made into one game. Do you not see how MASSIVE a scale of such a game would be? You could save time by making them with the same engine (such as the GBA titles) but they needn't be on the same game.

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

FE6 is still perfectly playable (assuming you wink wink nod nod, say no more know how to get it), so I'd like to see FE4 and 5 made first.

They could straight port FE7 onwards, where the issue isn't them being outdated, since I think GBA onwards has aged extremely well, the issue is just finding a legit copy.

This is where I stand. While I would love to see Elibe get revisited, it's still very much playable. Jugdral on the other hand, I will likely never play because of its age.

Edited by NekoKnight

30 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

This is where I stand. While I would love to see Elibe get revisited, it's still very much playable. Jugdrel on the other hand, I will likely never play because of its age.

I've never understood why people find FE4 & 5 so "unplayable" the UI isn't bad, its just the mechanics are different, and seeing how Gaiden's being remade to be fairly faithful to its older ideas, what makes you think Jugdral won't scare you again?

Games being older is kind of a laughable excuse to not try them, think of it as a history lesson, that and older games having more limitations allowed for quite a bit more creativity, because they had to find interesting ways of making them work.

Like I can understand trying something and not finding it to your taste, but not even them a shot and having prejudgment, is a major pet peeve of mine. Also not experiencing the original version of a game, when the option is available and then playing its remaster, makes the remaster/remake feel alot more lifeless, you can't appreciate or dislike the changes from the original without having that experience in the first place. 

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

It would be a lot less work to just localize them on virtual console, true, but it would be a lost less profitable too. Not nearly as many people are going to play a clunky old title from the 90s as the would with a heavily polished new release. And due to the nature of it being a virtual console game they wouldn't be able to charge anywhere near as much for it. I'd love if they did do that but I highly doubt they'd consider it viable. Then again I have been wrong in the past so here's to hoping.

I really think they'll localize FE12 in this way no matter what, because I don't think Nintendo of Japan sees the value in remaking FE11 and 12 since it's been only 6 years since they released and they're already remakes themselves. Meanwhile FE12 is now officially the most important Japan only game in the franchise in terms of connections to localized games, with Binding Blade coming in second. Because of this very fact, Nintendo can easily pull off making FE12 VC the center of a big ad campaign as the "sequel" to Echoes that continues the Pegasus Sisters' and Camus's story back in Marth's kingdom. It has considerably more weight at this point than any other Japan only game in the series based strictly on localized titles.

so I think we're gonna see a port of at least FE12, but maybe not so much Jugdral and FE6 (possible remakes)

37 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I've never understood why people find FE4 & 5 so "unplayable" the UI isn't bad, its just the mechanics are different, and seeing how Gaiden's being remade to be fairly faithful to its older ideas, what makes you think Jugdral won't scare you again?

I didn't say "unplayable", just that it didn't look like something I'd enjoy. I said FE6 is playable because it has many of the features that eventually became series standards. Why would you speak of mechanics simply being "different" as if that didn't matter? There is more to "age" than the visual presentation.

How do you know Echoes will be faithful to the original?

37 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Like I can understand trying something and not finding it to your taste, but not even them a shot and having prejudgment, is a major pet peeve of mine. Also not experiencing the original version of a game, when the option is available and then playing its remaster, makes the remaster/remake feel alot more lifeless, you can't appreciate or dislike the changes from the original without having that experience in the first place. 

If the game is lifeless without an earlier reference point, it's not a very good game.

Edited by NekoKnight

First, release an English translation of New Mystery on the Virtual Console. That game is so much better than Shadow Dragon and the original FE3 that it's a crime it never made it west.

Then(Or at the same time, I doubt they'd put off development for the west to get NM), begin work on Echoes: Jugdral Chapter 1 and 2, with 1 being Geneaology and 2 being Thracia 776. Or, if they want to be especially ambitious, combine them into one game and tell one whole story. Work Leaf's liberation into the second generation of Geneaology's story or something along those lines. The ideas behind the stories of both games are solid, so a good writer could likely combine them into a grander story.

Honestly, the idea of combining them together is getting me too excited. The idea of seeing stuff like a young Galzus showing up in Sigurd's campaign, possibly interacting with Aiya and Holyn, and then seeing him prior to the Mareeta stuff... No, can't get my hopes up.

48 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Nintendo seemingly emphasized that Shadows of Valentia will be faithful to Gaiden while updating the UI and presentation (and presumably adding more chapters, characters, and other miscillaneous FE12-esque additions) during the reveal, hence why we have the shrine based promotions, no reclass in sight, etc and etc

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Games being older is kind of a laughable excuse to not try them, think of it as a history lesson, that and older games having more limitations allowed for quite a bit more creativity, because they had to find interesting ways of making them work.

Subtracting defence from attack to determine damage. Maths is too hard, please remake.

1 hour ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

I really think they'll localize FE12 in this way no matter what, because I don't think Nintendo of Japan sees the value in remaking FE11 and 12 since it's been only 6 years since they released and they're already remakes themselves. Meanwhile FE12 is now officially the most important Japan only game in the franchise in terms of connections to localized games, with Binding Blade coming in second. Because of this very fact, Nintendo can easily pull off making FE12 VC the center of a big ad campaign as the "sequel" to Echoes that continues the Pegasus Sisters' and Camus's story back in Marth's kingdom. It has considerably more weight at this point than any other Japan only game in the series based strictly on localized titles.

so I think we're gonna see a port of at least FE12, but maybe not so much Jugdral and FE6 (possible remakes)

Certainly not impossible, Nintendo only continues to surprise me without how much they've been rewarding Fire Emblem in recent years. But I'm still doubtful. To my knowledge all the games that have been localised via Virtual Console have either had very minimal text to begin with or already had a localisation that ended up being cancelled. How much do you think they'd charge for an old game after paying the localisation costs?

Edited by Jotari

I see Genealogy and Thracia being next, but I personally voted for Binding Blade.

I think it would be cool if IS combined both Blazing Sword and Binding Blade into one game, with actions in Blazing Sword affecting Binding Blade. For example, changing Eliwood's or Hector's "A-Support" would change the mother of Roy and Lilina. If Barte and Karla did not meet, Fir would not exist, and so on. I think FE 6 & 7 would serve well to having a child system with the first generation mostly appearing in Blazing Sword and the second generation in Binding Blade.

I would love to see Sacred Stones remade but I doubt it will happen any time soon. Sacred Stones remains to be one of my most memorable Fire Emblems, not to mention the first Fire Emblem game I ever played. If they do remake FE8, I would like it to be on console with glorious 3D graphics, like a modernized Radiant Dawn.

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn I see getting ported over to Virtual Console, with New Mystery being localized but being digital only.

I hope the next fire emblem echoes is either one or a combination of both 4 and 5 since, while I've never played either of them, those two games are held to a very high standard by veterans in the series...pretty much like the GBA games and the Tellius series (though I don't know if shadow dragon and new mystery of the emblem have as big fan bases). I'd love to try those two games and I'm currently waiting for my friend to help me with emulation so that I know what I'm doing and don't get viruses or anything like that.

Hopefully, when I actually get around to playing the Jugdral games, that they live up to the immense hype and praise veterans have given it. Then again, Tellius lived up to the hype for me so it's always possible. I always enjoy games more knowing that people who I look up to praise said games and I can't wait to play those two and see for myself if I think it deserves that praise. 

Who knows? I might be a Jugdral pole licker in the future instead of a tellius one!

As for why I'm not demanding a tellius remake immediately?

1. I'm sure they'll get around to it.
2. I legitimately am looking forward to playing games like gaiden that I never got around to play in the past.
3. They'll probably be on virtual console anyways considering how IS seems to listen to their fan base a lot.

Edited by Dinar87

40 minutes ago, Lord Chrom of Ylisse said:

I really want FE4 to be remade because I've heard it has the best story in the series and I really want to try it out.

Same. It might even be more highly praised than the tellius series so I'm eager to see what all the fuss is about.

9 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I didn't say "unplayable", just that it didn't look like something I'd enjoy. I said FE6 is playable because it has many of the features that eventually became series standards. Why would you speak of mechanics simply being "different" as if that didn't matter? There is more to "age" than the visual presentation.

If the game is lifeless without an earlier reference point, it's not a very good game.

How do you know you won't enjoy it until you try it, though? FE4 gets smacked around for a lot of its weird and different design ideas but aside from the huge maps most of these ideas have been used at least in some capacity or another before, and its not like FE4 is totally user-unfriendly either. You can save at the start of every turn and have four save slots,people seem to forget that when it comes to dealing with the big ass maps and dealing with the tedium of starting over when someone dies.

That remark about it being lifeless is missing the point as well. FE4 is enjoyed and loved because its FE4. If you turned it into something its not, ie a more classic small maps suspend data based FE, then while that product might be good, it won't be, well, FE4 as it was meant to be played. Streamlining FE4 would be taking away from what made the game memorable and well liked. This was the second-highest selling game in the series until Awakening came out for a good reason.

10 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

Same. It might even be more highly praised than the tellius series so I'm eager to see what all the fuss is about.

People seem to be worried about it not being faithful to the original game but considering how they're bringing back all the unorthodox stuff from Gaiden in Echoes I don't see how that will be an issue.

Just now, Lord Chrom of Ylisse said:

People seem to be worried about it not being faithful to the original game but considering how they're bringing back all the unorthodox stuff from Gaiden in Echoes I don't see how that will be an issue.

Yeah, and they showed off the new avatar in the very first trailer of fates (though not specifically) yet here they did not. Even if they add some fates/awakening stuff like supports, marriage and children I probably won't mind (I might even like it somewhat like I did in those two games). 

On the other hand, I can totally see where some veterans are coming from where they want a straight remake rather than a complete re imagining. But surely couldn't they be satisfied with a mode that has only what gaiden had (except with new graphics, sound, etc...) and have everyone else use a more modern mode that has supports and stuff?

22 minutes ago, CappnRob said:

How do you know you won't enjoy it until you try it, though? FE4 gets smacked around for a lot of its weird and different design ideas but aside from the huge maps most of these ideas have been used at least in some capacity or another before, and its not like FE4 is totally user-unfriendly either. You can save at the start of every turn and have four save slots,people seem to forget that when it comes to dealing with the big ass maps and dealing with the tedium of starting over when someone dies.

Again, I didn't make any definitive statements about the quality of the game, only that it seemed like something I wouldn't enjoy. I've heard enough people talking about the mechanics that it sounds poorly made by modern standards.

26 minutes ago, CappnRob said:

That remark about it being lifeless is missing the point as well. FE4 is enjoyed and loved because its FE4. If you turned it into something its not, ie a more classic small maps suspend data based FE, then while that product might be good, it won't be, well, FE4 as it was meant to be played. Streamlining FE4 would be taking away from what made the game memorable and well liked. This was the second-highest selling game in the series until Awakening came out for a good reason.

Except that's not what Jedi said. He said I'd be doing myself a disservice if I played the remake without playing the original.