Event Collabs Wishlist!

IGdood

A lot of gacha games I've played sometimes have crossovers (sometimes called collabs) with series by the same company or with series by other companies.

Ex:  

• Battle Cats and Metal Slug had one and they exchanged units and made a unique one of the slug tank with a cat riding on top. 
  • Puzzle x Dragon has units from the Batman series, Final Fantasy, Ragnarok Online...almost impossible to list.

I know it's rather early to say it, but if FE Heroes had collabs with other games what characters do you think will show up?

Codename STEAM?  Advance Wars COs?

Crossovers would be interesting. Worth noting is that Fire Emblem has already had crossovers like the kind you see in most gachas-just not within. The Monster Hunter series and Project X Zone have both crossed over with the Fire Emblem series. So, it's definitely possible, and would probably work best in Fire Emblem: Heroes, which is a mobile spinoff that seems to be lighter on story.

Advance Wars seems like an absolute shoo in. A cross over event between Heroes and Brave Exvius and/or Record Keeper is certainly within the realm. If you don't mind messing with the feel of the game, IS has worked on a giant selection of titles. Everything from Paper Mario to Super Metroid. Tales of Link is an obvious choice as well.

34 minutes ago, Gima said:

Crossovers would be interesting. Worth noting is that Fire Emblem has already had crossovers like the kind you see in most gachas-just not within. The Monster Hunter series and Project X Zone have both crossed over with the Fire Emblem series. So, it's definitely possible, and would probably work best in Fire Emblem: Heroes, which is a mobile spinoff that seems to be lighter on story.

Oh that's right, I totally forgot about MH and PxZ, though the latter is a crossover in itself. 

I wouldn't mind seeing a Felyne character in FE Heroes! 

30 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Advance Wars seems like an absolute shoo in. A cross over event between Heroes and Brave Exvius and/or Record Keeper is certainly within the realm. If you don't mind messing with the feel of the game, IS has worked on a giant selection of titles. Everything from Paper Mario to Super Metroid. Tales of Link is an obvious choice as well.

Makes me wonder if they'll give Advance Wars all the Medieval Fantasy clothing or if they'll show up with their modern equipment and weaponry.  Still not sure what to think of firearms in FE, but I think it's doable.

I'm probably part of a small minority here, but I'd actually like to see the TMS#FE characters make it into the game. Would that count as a collab, seeing as we can't vote for them in the Choose Your Heroes poll, and they're probably owned in part by Atlus or something.

I could see collabs with Mario Run and the upcoming Animal Crossing mobile release, at least for rewards like Orbs for registering all games to your account, etc etc.

Monster Hunter Frontier G, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Brawl, and 3DS/Wii U, Project X Zone 2, Style Savvy: Fashion Forward, Fire Emblem Warriors, Codename: S.T.E.A.M., Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE...

Fire Emblem's got options but not sure how they can be implement for Fire Emblem Heroes.

Holy sh*t, nobody mentioned Brave Frontier yet? That's like the cross-overist mobile game I've ever seen. Besides Chain Chronicle.

BF has crossed over with Deemo, Tales of Link, FF Brave Exius, Phantom of the Kill and Chain Chronicle, though those two were game Gumi were involved with, and Vocaloid. And that's just stuff I remember Global having. Checking the wiki now, there's also King of Fighters, and Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse. JP probably has a lot more.

If BF doesn't cross over with FE Heroes, I better check the temperature in Hell.

3 hours ago, CancerTurtle said:

I'm probably part of a small minority here, but I'd actually like to see the TMS#FE characters make it into the game. Would that count as a collab, seeing as we can't vote for them in the Choose Your Heroes poll, and they're probably owned in part by Atlus or something.

That's a good choice. They already appeared in Cipher, so it's not a huge stretch to make the jump to Heroes.

I would like to see some synergy with Nintendo's releases where appropriate. Like in March they could have Link, Zelda, and Ganon appear to coincide with BotW being released. 

5 minutes ago, RedRob said:

Holy sh*t, nobody mentioned Brave Frontier yet? That's like the cross-overist mobile game I've ever seen. Besides Chain Chronicle.

BF has crossed over with Deemo, Tales of Link, FF Brave Exius, Phantom of the Kill and Chain Chronicle, though those two were game Gumi were involved with, and Vocaloid. And that's just stuff I remember Global having. Checking the wiki now, there's also King of Fighters, and Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse. JP probably has a lot more.

If BF doesn't cross over with FE Heroes, I better check the temperature in Hell.

I wouldn't bet money on that, given that I can think of at least two major gachas (Million Arthur, Granblue Fantasy) that haven't crossed over with Brave Frontier.

2 minutes ago, Gima said:

I wouldn't bet money on that, given that I can think of at least two major gachas (Million Arthur, Granblue Fantasy) that haven't crossed over with Brave Frontier.

Huh, good point. Still, BF has crossed over with a lot of stuff.

Though I found it interesting those two games are without a Global version. Arthur had one that shut down, and Granblue, it added a English language option, so really just JP sever in English. Wonder if that had anything to do with them not having crossovers with BF.

2 minutes ago, RedRob said:

Though I found it interesting those two games are without a Global version. Arthur had one that shut down, and Granblue, it added a English language option, so really just JP sever in English. Wonder if that had anything to do with them not having crossovers with BF.

Million Arthur, at least, was screwed over because they waited years in order to release the game globally, long after it had already been released in English in Singapore and everyone who cared about Million Arthur was playing on Singapore's servers. Maybe with a bit more advertising it could have sold, but it got next to none. I was interested in the game and had no idea it had been translated: I only got to play the game a little bit before it was shut down. Perhaps Granblue Fantasy never actually releasing in the US was the result of that. Remember, Million Arthur was Square Enix's best selling franchise for a while. This is not the fault of the game, it's the fault of the lack of push for it.

I think I would only really particularly want/care about crossovers with things that are flavor-appropriate, like LoZ, that's a good suggestion. TBH I don't recognize a lot of other franchises being suggested here, but as long as it's fairly flavor-appropriate I'm down. I love monster hunter, but I'm not sure it would quite fit. 

9 hours ago, RedRob said:

9 hours ago, Gima said:

Million Arthur, at least, was screwed over because they waited years in order to release the game globally, long after it had already been released in English in Singapore and everyone who cared about Million Arthur was playing on Singapore's servers. Maybe with a bit more advertising it could have sold, but it got next to none. I was interested in the game and had no idea it had been translated: I only got to play the game a little bit before it was shut down. Perhaps Granblue Fantasy never actually releasing in the US was the result of that. Remember, Million Arthur was Square Enix's best selling franchise for a while. This is not the fault of the game, it's the fault of the lack of push for it.

the rumours that were believed by most Granblue Fantasy players is that because Cygames (GBF developer) don't want to repeat the disaster that is Rage of Bahamut global release that got screwed over hard by its publisher, so they decided to release english option while keeping the whole server management to themselves

8 hours ago, BANRYU said:

I think I would only really particularly want/care about crossovers with things that are flavor-appropriate, like LoZ, that's a good suggestion. TBH I don't recognize a lot of other franchises being suggested here, but as long as it's fairly flavor-appropriate I'm down. I love monster hunter, but I'm not sure it would quite fit. 

Given the amount of weapons and armor types in Monster Hunter, I think there's some that would fit into one of the many FE settings.  MH characters would get bonus damage against beasts and laguz!

14 hours ago, CancerTurtle said:

Yes, Itsuki and the others would be great to have in the game. 

Collaborations would definitely be cool! I can see Nintendo's and IS' own franchises as shoo-ins for that, at least when new games come up so they can do some marketing that way. Pikachu for Heroes.

What really interests me though is the potential of collaborations from outside the "home company". To give a kind of wacky example, Granblue Fantasy had collabs with Samurai Shodown, Street Fighter and Space Invaders (among other things) last year.

That said I agree I would like the collaborations to fit the FE world. Though we do have handguns now so maybe anything goes lol. These kind of things end up as "I didn't know I wanted this until now" for me usually.

1 hour ago, LeinRa said:

the rumours that were believed by most Granblue Fantasy players is that because Cygames (GBF developer) don't want to repeat the disaster that is Rage of Bahamut global release that got screwed over hard by its publisher, so they decided to release english option while keeping the whole server management to themselves

I hadn't heard this one but honestly it would make sense. A lot of mobile games that are pretty big in Japan end up pretty low-key on Western markets and just die out or get discontinued (personally I can only think of Puzzle and Dragons that has had bigger success, and if I'm not wrong that's published by the developer's foreign branch offices). Plus the Western community gets some assurance that the game shouldn't die out out of nowhere on them since they share it with the Japanese core audience.

I been thinkin' bout this some more and I think a Final Fantasy crossover might be pretty cool, depending on who's used for it (obv someone who works with the FE formula). Dunno if I can see that ACTUALLY happening? But it might be neat. 

Tales of, please

I've been waiting forever for that crossover

However, I'm not sure how it would happen. Nintendo does seem to keep to crossovers among its own franchises, so those seem like more realistic choices. 

Im still waiting for Captain Falcon to truly be in an FE game :P