• Soleil
    • Flavia
    • Priam
    • Say'ri
    • Yen'fay
    • Ryoma
    • I don't know

5 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Which is reckless as all hell - are you telling me you're ok with taking wild chances with your units? Because that's the vibe I'm getting, and I'm not okay with playing Russian Roulette like that, ESPECIALLY when one bad roll means your unit dies, and you have to restart. After all, crits and Astra are unreliable, no matter which way you slice it.

Hello there! I've noticed that you seem to be relatively cautious when it comes to playing FE, especially with respect to accounting for crit rates! It may be an idea to step down a difficulty level if you're not terribly comfortable with a risk of a restart. Higher difficulties mean that you're likely be facing higher hit and crit rates so you might give yourself some more breathing room until you get a hang of unit positioning. Most deaths are very avoidable!

With respect to the topic, I have a soft spot for the imposters, both Samto and Shanam. Whilst fairly shoddy units, they're both pretty funny.

11 minutes ago, Shin said:

With respect to the topic, I have a soft spot for the imposters, both Samto and Shanam. Whilst fairly shoddy units, they're both pretty funny.

This guy gets it. Every game should have an imposter Swordmaster. Even better, make them like Shanam, where they teach one of the best units in the game one of the best skills in the game.

Actually...

*rushes to the FE Switch forum*

10 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Which is reckless as all hell - are you telling me you're ok with taking wild chances with your units? Because that's the vibe I'm getting, and I'm not okay with playing Russian Roulette like that, ESPECIALLY when one bad roll means your unit dies, and you have to restart. After all, crits and Astra are unreliable, no matter which way you slice it.

Well, the Russian Roulette is in my favour then so yes, I'm perfectly fine with taking those 'enormous' (read: very tiny) risks. And since in Lunatic, everything is reckless... eh.
Who said anything about Astra ? I gave him Luna. Luna activate more often, that's mean more chance to OHKO.

I admit one very bad and rare roll can kill him, but one, that why healers exist, and two, I'll restard if he die, since it's Fire Emblem.

11 hours ago, Shin said:

Hello there! I've noticed that you seem to be relatively cautious when it comes to playing FE, especially with respect to accounting for crit rates! It may be an idea to step down a difficulty level if you're not terribly comfortable with a risk of a restart. Higher difficulties mean that you're likely be facing higher hit and crit rates so you might give yourself some more breathing room until you get a hang of unit positioning. Most deaths are very avoidable!

Are you trying to make me laugh? Methinks you are. 

6 hours ago, B.Leu said:

Well, the Russian Roulette is in my favour then so yes, I'm perfectly fine with taking those 'enormous' (read: very tiny) risks. And since in Lunatic, everything is reckless... eh.
Who said anything about Astra ? I gave him Luna. Luna activate more often, that's mean more chance to OHKO.

I admit one very bad and rare roll can kill him, but one, that why healers exist, and two, I'll restard if he die, since it's Fire Emblem.

Famous last words - "the Russian Roulette is in my favor." Anyways, given the unreliable nature of crits and skills, and of Vantage in general, I see it as a much better move to send in someone who I know can survive an onslaught than to restart because I got overconfident in Ryoma's abilities and the RNG gave me the middle finger. It doesn't help that Life and Death and Quixotic are level 15 skills, or that they're as useful as Awakening Counter (AKA, they're much more beneficial for the enemy than they are for the player), nor does it that myrmidons have practically fallen off a cliff (IMHO, anyway). 

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I can't believe I forgot about Gerik when I voted for Edward :/ it's because i'm used to classing them as separate lol.

I voted:

Eyvel I love her tragic character story and she's a really good unit when you get her initally, probably one of my favorite jagen/oifaye archetype.
I like Edward a lot but I totally forgot about Gerik I like both about equally for different reasons HM to Karla, Dieck, and Fir.
The modern? I'm less invested in them but I enjoyed Flavia's design so I picked her.

Voted Say'ri and Echidna. Say'ri is like my favorite Prepromote of all time. I really like her design and character, and she's a great unit on lunatic. I like Echida for the same reasons, but Say'ri is my favorite out of the two. This was kinda hard, tbh.

Classic: Shiva

Veteran: Raven

Modern: Laslow

Shiva is extremely useful everytime I play FE5 and never disappoints me.

Raven and Laslow are two of my favorite characters in the series and, while the first one may not have a great personality and the second one great stats, I feel they easily compensate for these elements by being - for the first one - a great unit and - for the second one - a great character.

Machyua. I love so many of the classic Swordfighters, so it was hard to give it to her. But I mostly love my surprise the first time I played and she promoted to a Hero and not a Swordmaster.

Mia, I love her design, her supports are entertaining, and she's not a bad unit.

Selena. Twintails, love the mercenary and hero design in Fates. I don't like using the second gen in the main game, so her appearance here was more welcome than in Awakening. She's also a pretty dependable unit.

Edited by Cornguy

Classic: Hare to decide. Navarra, Ayra, Larcei, Shanan and Mareeta are so good. However went for Shanan just because of Balmung.

Veteran: FE10 Mia. Myrmidon who needs the least effort to become great. However Edward is an honorable mention too.

Modern: Ryoma just because of his personal sword.