It looks like Mila and Duma are dragons

In the trailer you can see a mural with both god siblings on it as dragons. Even before that you can see a dragon with a sword shoved into it.

In Gaiden Vanilla we don't meet Mila and Duma's map sprite looks like a green slime dragon. Mila was sealed away by Emperor Rudolf using a sword Duma awarded him. 

By this point, the only question left is if this is what Kaga planned all along.

Or they/their influence could have simply been represented by dragons in the mural while they themselves are not actual dragons.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

I think it's possible this was all planned from the start. What with the ancient gods being dragons in Genealogy.

There's also this tidbit I mentioned in the Echoes analysis:

In fact, the

Making of Fire Emblem book released 2 years ago heavily implied that Mila at least was a dragon. It’s said that the remains of dragons can provide energy for other life and that’s why Mila’s Tree in Awakening has grown so big.

Wow, is Tellius the only continent whose gods AREN'T dragons? I'm kind of tired of dragon gods... Though this is a remake, which means it should follow the original game's story as best as possible. I hope Switch's FE takes a break from dragon gods though.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, is Tellius the only continent whose gods AREN'T dragons? I'm kind of tired of dragon gods... Though this is a remake, which means it should follow the original game's story as best as possible. I hope Switch's FE takes a break from dragon gods though.

There is Sacred Stones, where instead of a dragon, there are demons and monsters (Formortiis, the final boss was the Demon King). Besides, back in the stories of yore, slaying a dragon was the ultimate knightly feat. Or... something of that sort that I may be botching. In a game with a medieval setting, it kind of naturally fits, but I digress

Curiously, what would you rather have?

1 hour ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Or they/their influence could have simply been represented by dragons in the mural while they themselves are not actual dragons.

this is what I feel is more likely

portraying figures like that as animals or other creatures is pretty common both in real life and in fiction

9 minutes ago, Motendra said:

There is Sacred Stones, where instead of a dragon, there are demons and monsters (Formortiis, the final boss was the Demon King). Besides, back in the stories of yore, slaying a dragon was the ultimate knightly feat. Or... something of that sort that I may be botching. In a game with a medieval setting, it kind of naturally fits, but I digress

Curiously, what would you rather have?

Yeah, but after awhile, dragons still get tiring. Archanea and Valentia - dragons. Ylisse, dragons. Elibe, probably dragons. Hoshido and Nohr, more dragons! As for what I'd rather have, I guess more humans, or perhaps beasts or birds. We've seen shapeshifters transform into felines, canines, and birds as well as dragons, so why not have some of those be gods as well?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but after awhile, dragons still get tiring. Archanea and Valentia - dragons. Ylisse, dragons. Elibe, probably dragons. Hoshido and Nohr, more dragons! As for what I'd rather have, I guess more humans, or perhaps beasts or birds. We've seen shapeshifters transform into felines, canines, and birds as well as dragons, so why not have some of those be gods as well?

Worth pointing out that while dragons DO appear prominently in Elibean lore, they are not considered gods, instead Elibean worship goes for St. Elimine, most countries, or the spirits, Mother Earth and Father Sky, Sacae

Remember Doma also has a load of zombie dragons in his army including white dragons (zombie divine dragons maybe?) Just looking at his sprite, I think its a pretty clear indication that they were always intended to be dragons.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That was a trend only in the early games (which amusingly enough I know you haven't played). From Sword of Seals onwards dragons were just a race of powerful creatures with no divine elements. Awakening (which actually directly confirms that the dragons which were worshipped by gods are in fact not gods in any divine sense) and Fates have only recently revived the idea.

Edited by Jotari

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We've seen shapeshifters transform into felines, canines, and birds as well as dragons, so why not have some of those be gods as well?

That would be totally awesome IMO.

I actually really want to know what happened to the beasts and birds, since a lot of them are missing in the games further down the timeline.

Well, I suppose dragons were always the strongest and thus had highest chances of surviving.

I have to disagree. Non-dragon shifters were and are a mistake. The ones who are blessed to transform into the Symbol of Supremacy shall purge the unclean.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

4 hours ago, SecondWorld said:

this is the same world as FE1. Valentia is literally just a little to the left of Archanea.

Is it alright to add this to my sig?

And on topic, while I suspect that the woman on the throne is Mila, I'm not sure that the Sofian nobility are descended from her, and I guess we're waiting on more word for that.

Isn't it indicated the the FAlmchion is a dragon fang from one of the two in Gaiden (And I think it was Mila's fang?)? It's not like the series have indicated that the dragons couldn't turn into people before the point where they had to.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Woman with the pointy ears is possibly Mila since she wasn't seen in the original Gaiden, but I totally think she could be a dragon. And second: Nope, I totally think Duma doesn't look a lot like a dragon since this is Duma looks like from the original Gaiden game when you battle him in the final chapter:

image.png

Edited by King Marth 64

Well, they're gods, so I think it's safe to assume that they can transform, which is typical of gods from different mythologies can do.

The woman in the trailer sitting on the Zofian throne is probably Mila in her human form, but is probably a dragon in her "divine form". In the FE Manga, Mila and Duma were depicted as human in one part. Her character even looks like Naga from Awakening. If there are multiple mortals that can shapeshift in the Fire Emblem world, then it shouldn't be a surprise that the gods could too.

Dragons are generally the go-to creature mainly because they're large/mighty and fit in with the medieval setting. If they were other creatures, they would probably be minor gods. 

3 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Woman with the pointy ears is possibly Mila since she wasn't seen in the original Gaiden, but I totally think she could be a dragon. And second: Nope, I totally think Duma doesn't look a lot like a dragon since this is Duma looks like from the original Gaiden game when you battle him in the final chapter:

image.png

I've seen people dismiss Duma's draconic features going purely by that image before. It's a bit misleading. Look closely, that bit with the eye on it is actually his head and it's in front of the back of his body. Those things jutting out on the left and right are also clearly the remains of wings. It's easier to make out if you watch him animated.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I've seen people dismiss Duma's draconic features going purely by that image before. It's a bit misleading. Look closely, that bit with the eye on it is actually his head and it's in front of the back of his body. Those things jutting out on the left and right are also clearly the remains of wings. It's easier to make out if you watch him animated.

Haha, I actually remember us having this very conversation in an old topic I made

Quite the dragon, he is

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:28 AM, Anacybele said:

I agree. The dragons as the big bad is getting a bit old, even if they are deities or whatever. I would love to see some variation. I can completely understand it for Gaiden though, as it is trying to stay true to the original.

But for the Switch, I would like to see a step away from the dragons/deities. Either a human, or if we have to go supernatural can we start touching on some true undead? Not the risen crap from Awakening, but some undead like Vampires, Liches, Death Knights, and Banshees.

15 hours ago, Tolvir said:

But for the Switch, I would like to see a step away from the dragons/deities. Either a human, or if we have to go supernatural can we start touching on some true undead? Not the risen crap from Awakening, but some undead like Vampires, Liches, Death Knights, and Banshees.

Make it Liches so the final boss can be the Lord of the Undead, supported by all the characters you let die during the game.

^In a sense that's kinda already been done. And when I think about it I actually kinda appreciate that the monsters pretty much stay monsters here. I love having monsters but I think I actully prefer them pretty much sticking to non sentient ones in this series.