Poll Results currently in Japan with 1st Lyn, 2nd Lucina and 3rd Ike at the top

AbsoluteZer0Nova

5 minutes ago, Blade_of_Light said:

Maybe it has something to do with the idea of a 15 Year old showing off her legs...

And now lack of underwear. 

And Nowi and child Tiki. 

On second thought I'm rather glad my cell phone is almost a literal brick; I wouldn't want to play this outdoors.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gima said:

It's not because he's actually too muscular even by Japanese standards, it's because they're upset that they muscled up their bishonen. 

PoR Ike doesn't even look bishounen though. I mean, he's not real manly, but he's not all that bishy either. Marth is the definition of bishy...

I mean, isn't bishounen basically being more feminine with softer features? PoR Ike isn't the most manly, but he has some hardened features, like those arms of his...they got some muscle lines, and Ike's messy hair style and rugged-look isn't really bishy.

Edited by Anacybele

I've always been fine with Lyn's clothing I guess, it makes more sense in the West thankfully due to her being 18, but I guess the fact she is from a nomad tribe has something to do with it, I guess. I was actually really worried since Fates came out that if Lyn made another appearance, she would be over-sexualized like half the characters in Fates. Her new voice is good in my opinion, at least better compared to the 30 year old sounding voice in Smash Bros. I like both of Ike's sprites from PoR and RD, I feel both are really good. I mean, all RD changes is his height (probably a growth spurt) and swinging around heavy swords for three years has to make you more buff.

I'm just glad that cow-mill isn't at the top.  I heard rumors that she was.  I mean, I don't exactly hate her, but I definitely don't think that shameless fanservice characters deserve the top spot over, say, Hector or Ike.

That being said, I do think there are some good characters from Fates, but only, like, two of them are main characters.  And one of them has devolved into memes thanks to the internet and Conquest.

I'm glad for the three up there.  Even if the ladies aren't the most interesting of characters, I certainly like them enough and think they deserve the spots.  I'd like to see some representation from Marth's games among the top 10 or whatever, even if it's just Marth and/or Caeda.  I'm among those people that thought that Hector was preferred, though I guess Super Smash Bros and her being the first person you see in the first FE released in America also has something to do with Lyn's popularity.

6 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

OK, found the Japanese version of the Fire Emblem Heroes trailer:

2:34, 2:47, and 3:28 for Lyn's JP voice

*vid*

I mean, I know she's a young lady, but that voice sounds more like a little girl to me.  Honestly, though, those cutesy girl voices always sounded like artificial ten year olds to me.  They maybe should've lent that voice talent to Lilina instead.

Though I also always thought her voice in Smash Bros was too low.  She sounds like a grown woman, a voice that probably would better fit a character like Titania.  It just really feels off from her attitude and appearance (and supposed age, whether it's 15 or 18) in Blazing Blade.  Just try to imagine that voice reading every line of Lyn's dialogue...

I think her voice is best done in the English version of this game.  Maybe still a little low and calm from what I'd always imagined, but still the best I've heard from official sources.

2 hours ago, Don't Blame Takumi said:

I've always been fine with Lyn's clothing I guess, it makes more sense in the West thankfully due to her being 18, but I guess the fact she is from a nomad tribe has something to do with it, I guess. I was actually really worried since Fates came out that if Lyn made another appearance, she would be over-sexualized like half the characters in Fates.

I'd say I'm more in this camp.  I mean, the only thing even remotely more sexualized is that you can see a Lyn with tattered clothes that make it look like she isn't wearing a bra.  I honestly figured that either she wears a particular kind of bra that only encompasses the lower half of her breast or that her undergarments got torn a bit as well (since, you know, the slashes should at least be enough to cut into skin, and only sorcery and tricks would prevent the garments from also being cut in this case).

I never really was all that uppity about Lyn's design because, as you said, she's part of a nomad tribe, and some tribal uniforms show a lot more skin than that.  Plus, the world isn't gonna end because Lyn doesn't wear a bra.

Just now, Pretty Cool Guy said:

A lot of people don't seem surprised but Ike in top 3 is a great surprise to me. Incredibly pleased with that, I figured it was gonna be Lucina, Tharja, and Camilla.

There was a Japanese poll taken for the most popular FE characters (2015; pre-Fates) overall in an issue of Famitsu; Ike got 1st place, Lucina got 3rd place, and Lyn got 4th place; that poll is surprisingly on the money when looking at the currently available poll results here.

part 1

part 2

And PoR Ike may not be #1 overall but he's currently the top male character being voted on.

11 hours ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

I wouldn't worry about that because it was demonstrated that characters can equip different weapons when Lon'qu was shown.

11 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Characters have different weapons, stats, and skills equipped when you first summon them (based on their original star ratings). And I think those can be changed as you level up the character or something.

Yes I noticed, I was hoping to see the power of the Falchion! Let's hope it's his final weapon, not a rapier.

EDIT: If I'm often defending the localisation that makes the game better and more likeable, I think forcing Lyn to be 18 because she shows a leg is pure non sense. Nowadays, teens in the street often wear way worst clothes than that (at least where I live), and without falling into these extremes, it's perfectly normal for a 15 yo girl to wear skirts or dresses. 

A lot of people don't seem surprised but Ike in top 3 is a great surprise to me. Incredibly pleased with that, I figured it was gonna be Lucina, Tharja, and Camilla.

Smash.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

I wonder where Marth places. I'm pretty sure he would be first if his votes weren't split.

I'm 90% sure each post-FE7 Lord + Roy is well-placed too, except Micaiah. I foresee something like this:

Lyn, Lucina, Ike, Robin, Chrom, MOTE Marth, Roy, Female Robin, Eliwood, Hector, SD Marth, RD Ike, Erika, Ephraim, Elincia, etc.

I have no idea where Corrin is. He/She appears in Smash, but wasn't welcome by the audience, was seen as broken before the update (Counter), but was still easy to play so a lot of persons still used him/her. And he/she's not very popular inside of the core FE community, which is a small part of the audience. One version is probably placed in the 20 most popular though. Probably the female one who was first in the Japanese popularity poll.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

5 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

EDIT: If I'm often defending the localisation that makes the game better and more likeable, I think forcing Lyn to be 18 because she shows a leg is pure non sense. Nowadays, teens in the street often wear way worst clothes than that (at least where I live), and without falling into these extremes, it's perfectly normal for a 15 yo girl to wear skirts or dresses. 

Believe it or not, Lyn got a unique set of Sol Katti combat animations during localization of Blazing Blade (from JP to NA). The non-crit Sol Katti attack animation features her bust bouncing when she lands after landing the hit (not present in the original Japanese version). Yep, America put jiggle physics into an E-rated GBA game.

Edited by Roflolxp54

38 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Believe it or not, Lyn got a unique set of Sol Katti combat animations during localization of Blazing Blade (from JP to NA). The non-crit Sol Katti attack animation features her bust bouncing when she lands after landing the hit (not present in the original Japanese version). Yep, America put jiggle physics into an E-rated GBA game.

Oh you're right, I never paid attention to this! Is it in the European version too?

latest?cb=20080810173413

(Source: Wikia)

Congratulations NoA! It's for realism!

1 minute ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Oh you're right, I never paid attention to this! Is it in the European version too?

latest?cb=20080810173413

(Source: Wikia)

Congratulations NoA! It's for realism!

Yes, they're kept in the European version. link

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Well that's strange. Usually it's the opposite in many games, mainly because of censorship or stuff in America. The again, Lyn was considered 15 in JP version, and she's 18 in the NA version

12 hours ago, Pretty Cool Guy said:

Camilla didn't even win the female side of the Fates poll.

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

Camilla didn't even win the female side of the Fates poll.

Well if we're going by the Japanese poll where as in the one on Nintendo's twitter she was vs Ryoma and she won. 

Though that was even worse than the Awakening one..

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

21 minutes ago, SecondWorld said:

Lyn's voice is weird for me because I think it fits her age but not her personality. Though I don't think I'd say it's bad.

Considering the character it's oddly monotonous.

That's why I ignore censored ages in anything (since their obviously not canon) and the fact that anime teen girls with huge busts is not even special in the slightest. As for her voice its waaaaaay better than her very old Smash voice.

Edited by OpheliaNohrPrincess

19 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I mean, I know she's a young lady, but that voice sounds more like a little girl to me.  Honestly, though, those cutesy girl voices always sounded like artificial ten year olds to me. 

Want to hear what Japanese Corrin, Felicia and Flora  sound like together? You might want to consider earplugs.

I get cutsey voices and I get that some people have high-pitched voices in real life, but honestly, this hurts my ears and sounds so forced and fake that I can't take it seriously. Though of course, Flora's voice isn't that bad.

I do wonder why they decided to give a nomad warrior woman such a high-pitched voice in the Japanese games. As far as I remember, Lyn - while obviously portrayed as attractive - was never meant to be overly cute. I can't imagine many 15-year-olds sounding like that.

3 minutes ago, Ema Skye said:

Current Standings according to NoA's Twitter:

-poll pics-

Top 10 on both sides will be getting wallpapers.

Source: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/824421860142092289

Holy cow, nice! Nice to see Eirika and Cordelia scoring high!

Not surprised if Etika had a hand in getting Donnel to the top 10 for males.