Do you want a popularity poll for FE characters here on SF?

Busterman64

Do you want a popularity poll for FE characters here on SF?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a popularity poll for FE characters here on SF?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter to me

Ok, so with the FE Heroes popularity poll going on, it's quite a mix of everyone from the series. Course(and not to be rude), some people's reason for voting for a character is much different from one another(for better or worse). After talking with others on the poll, then the idea to make a popularity poll for SF came to mind! Now, I'm not asking the staff/moderators to do it(because I rather not bother them will all that work), so I rather do it myself. Here's the issue, do you guys want that? To make a poll for both Males and Females would take ALOT of work(getting all the names, alphabetizing them, make the poll, etc)! I don't mind doing it, but I also want it to be worth it. So yeah...do you guys want a FE popularity poll here in the Serenes Forest (Forums)?

(And If so, do you want it after the FE Heroes poll ends or is any time around now a good time?)

choose-your-legend-front.jpg

13 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

If you want to, I say go for it.

also alphabetizing shouldn't be hard, there's plenty of software that can do that once you have all the names.

Oh there is? Thank you for letting me know(that'll probably take off an hour or so off the work time)! :D:

Just now, Busterman64 said:

Oh there is? Thank you for letting me know(that'll probably take off an hour or so off the work time)! :D:

Excel or Google Sheets are what I normally use to make sure I have things alphabetized. If you do decide to go through with this, I'd be more than happy to help get names together.

What scares me more is how you plan to present your poll. I'm doing a variation on this, and look at what happened when I presented just the cavaliers. If you're adding every single character, playable or non (since FE Heroes poll has non), and only separating by male/female (fun fact: if you weren't forced to bring Ephraim to the final chapter, your endgame party could contain every single playable female in the game), your poll would be, quite frankly, massive.

21 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Excel or Google Sheets are what I normally use to make sure I have things alphabetized. If you do decide to go through with this, I'd be more than happy to help get names together.

Hey if you want too, I'll be more then happy(and appreciate it)! Just do what you want, I'm in no rush(but I can do it quickly if wanted). :Joshua:

14 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

What scares me more is how you plan to present your poll. I'm doing a variation on this, and look at what happened when I presented just the cavaliers. If you're adding every single character, playable or non (since FE Heroes poll has non), and only separating by male/female (fun fact: if you weren't forced to bring Ephraim to the final chapter, your endgame party could contain every single playable female in the game), your poll would be, quite frankly, massive.

I'm gonna be nuts and go the FE Heroes poll route...EVERY CHARACTER(Male poll and Female poll)! :P:

(I did think of having a third poll, with every character in the series fighting it out for the top spot, but that would take TONS more work, for both me and everyone voting. So I'll probably not do that one. Maybe some other day...maybe a year or so from now...:hat:)

18 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

Hey if you want too, I'll be more then happy(and appreciate it)! Just do what you want, I'm in no rush(but I can do it quickly if wanted). :Joshua:

I'm gonna be nuts and go the FE Heroes poll route...EVERY CHARACTER(Male poll and Female poll)! :P:

(I did think of having a third poll, with every character in the series fighting it out for the top spot, but that would take TONS more work, for both me and everyone voting. So I'll probably not do that one. Maybe some other day...maybe a year or so from now...:hat:)

With the amount of Polls I've operated, I strongly suggest using Google Forms (which ties into GoogleSheets with a pretty easy results interpretation interface that syncs with the Form you set up). If you do it though, are you going Playables, Villains included, Extras too?

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

It would most certainly be interesting. We would only get one vote then though, right?

Seeing how there are 50+ people for each gender, it would be hard to vote for just 1. So instead, I'm taking another page from the FE Heroes Poll and let everyone choose 13 people(or maybe between 13-20...or just 10. Not too sure yet). Just gonna go with the honer system on this one!

12 minutes ago, Elieson said:

With the amount of Polls I've operated, I strongly suggest using Google Forms (which ties into GoogleSheets with a pretty easy results interpretation interface that syncs with the Form you set up). If you do it though, are you going Playables, Villains included, Extras too?

All of the above! :D:

It'll take a bit more time, but I wanna have EVERYONE get a chance! Playable or non-playable!

52 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

Seeing how there are 50+ people for each gender, it would be hard to vote for just 1. So instead, I'm taking another page from the FE Heroes Poll and let everyone choose 13 people(or maybe between 13-20...or just 10. Not too sure yet). Just gonna go with the honer system on this one!

All of the above! :D:

It'll take a bit more time, but I wanna have EVERYONE get a chance! Playable or non-playable!

Would repeat votes be allowed, like in the Heroes poll?

10 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Would repeat votes be allowed, like in the Heroes poll?

Hmmm...if the poll is on the forum itself, I would have to have their names twice, make two threads, or something along those lines...unless there's a way to make a poll elsewhere that I can link and allows you to do that.

Oh! Maybe have it similar to like the SF Scribbles where there multiple rounds!  Each continent's top 10(Males & Females) goes head to head and then from those voted, the top 20(Males & Females) from those go into a final showdown.

For example...

(Males)Round 1, your Continent. > Round 2, the top 100..or how many there are...> Final round, Top 20

(Females)Round 1, your Continent. > Round 2, the top 100..or how many there are...> Final round, Top 20

...hmmm ...thinking about it, that would split every one up, but it would give everyone a fighting chance...

Also, we could even have an additional one that combines the top 20 from both genders to compete to be the most popular overall!

...I know, that's ALOT of work if I go that route(that's 13+ voting polls, one more if I add the last one), but like I said, it'd give every one a fighting chance(plus it'll show who's the best in their respective continents AND the series as a whole)!

This...might take a while...(longer then I originally thought :sweatdrop:)

In all honesty, I don't see the point in having a popularity poll. It doesn't accomplish anything. Also, I'm of the opinion that any voting format short of listing all of the eligible characters exactly once, not separated by gender or any other factor, and letting people vote only once for a pure popularity poll can be misleading. Which is really hard to do for many reasons.

The most popular male would obviously be Roy because ROY IS OUR BOY! 

But, all joking aside, I wouldn't mind a popularity poll. I think it would be interesting to compare the Heroes poll and this one to see how the opinions on SF are the same or different.

Not sure how feasible this is, but with a cast this size especially I'd probably do a weighted multiple vote system instead of single/gender or something like that.

I'm thinking external site that sends the data to a server and it does calcs serverside or something, professional habits die hard