• Replies 28.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sophie said:
  Hide contents

kSTjGWO.png

The other things in the roll weren't too worth showing, but I got a nice belated Birthday present!

Congrats!

Yeah, Klein is the only guy from this Focus I want.  I don't know enough about the Jugdral characters, and I HATE Sanaki.

12 minutes ago, Crecentful said:

Got Sanaki up to level 40. Pretty sure she's +ATK/-DEF which is really good. Seems like a more resistant and stronger version of Tharja, shame Green mages aren't more of a threat in the meta or else she'd be close to top tier

Hm so she's kinda like Roy and Lilina's child.

20 minutes ago, Crecentful said:

Got Sanaki up to level 40. Pretty sure she's +ATK/-DEF which is really good. Seems like a more resistant and stronger version of Tharja, shame Green mages aren't more of a threat in the meta or else she'd be close to top tier

IMG_6616.JPG

She's basically a mage general, nothing like tharja though cause Sanaki has a poop ton of res but Tharja has a poop ton of speed. Sanaki's health is pretty low, she looks like double bane double boon. Maybe +res and +atk, and -hp and -def, cause if her res is that high at base then we definitely have a problem. At least I do anyway XD.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY?

That's great, I still want to get the Twins, but Eirika would be good, by herself.  I won't Pull until the Cancerous Sanaki Focus is over.

Why do you hate Sanaki so much? I'm not trying to offend you by asking. I'm just curious.

48 minutes ago, Canas said:

Why do you hate Sanaki so much? I'm not trying to offend you by asking. I'm just curious.

If I recall, Rezzy thinks Sanaki is a big brat. She is a bit of a brat at first, but I find her pretty likeable later, particularly in RD.

So I collected enough orbs for a full pull. Not everything went along smoothly:

D883wky.jpg

Three greens, one grey and one blue. Chose a blue for a chance for Olwen or Reinhardt, and got…

20obOZz.jpg

…a 4⋆ female Corrin.

I backed out of the summoning session immediately.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, Canas said:

As Ana said, I think she's a brat.  I can go into more detail when I'm not at work on mobile, if you wish.  She's my least favorite character in all of FE.

Don't worry, you didn't offend me.  I don't take arguing over video games personally, but I know it can be hard to tell over just text.

I was weak and used the orbs I bought from my last set to get some blue tome users on my team since there are two of them in the new focus (by the way I don't know any of them...). I have 4* Robin so far, but I have so much trouble leveling him up, no matter how hard I try, so I tried and challenged my luck. 

First Pull

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-02-27-18-54-22.thumb.png.0913b0c867c1d8f606bc19da69c3dc6a.png

4* Oboro is nice I actually have her 3* version but now I'm glad to have her upgraded. Anyone else is a dupe...

Second Pull

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-02-27-18-56-29.thumb.png.721e91071b6cc9f5fcb4543b6d9f3bf5.png

I'm incredibly lucky to have 2 5* this pull... but not sure I like Peri... I have a 4* Peri who is disappointingly weak, her voice is a little cringy. I don't want to send her home for collection's sake, I don't want to waste my time with her... So is she any good at 5*? I'm absolutely going to try Corrin though!

I think I'll have to train Robin a little more... (Please Robin, I know you can do it!)

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

As Ana said, I think she's a brat.  I can go into more detail when I'm not at work on mobile, if you wish.  She's my least favorite character in all of FE.

Don't worry, you didn't offend me.  I don't take arguing over video games personally, but I know it can be hard to tell over just text.

As I recall, Sanaki goes through a fairly neat character arc through PoR and is quite decent in RD. Specifically her actions surrounding Serenes Forest come to mine. Granted her interpretation in Heroes doesn't appear to show any of this off. Not a personal favorite but I'd also like to see where your opinion comes from. 

Pull #10, done with the orbs I got from new challenges and that I had saved.

Spoiler

DR1TVqv.png

Well, not much to say. M!Corrin is the only new one, but I can upgrade Palla and Matthew now.

Anyway, I decided to try my luck with the new focus and finally chose to spend money in the game. 20 dollars for 35 orbs, which gave me enough for two full pulls:

Pull #11:

Spoiler

YQYobg5.png

SANAKI! I got the one I wanted the most. Thank you, RNG Goddess!!

Pull #12:

Spoiler

wRaHRMr.png

Maaaan... worst pull by far. But I won't let this affect the happiness I have right now for getting Sanaki. Time to train her, now.

Round 15 [Sibling Bonds]: 3* Hana (+SPD, -ATT) || 4* Marth (+SPD, -ATT) || 4* Palla (+RES, -HP) || 4* Cherche (+ATT, -RES) || 4* Kagero (+ATT, -DEF)

Pulled this shortly after the update, using whatever Orb scraps I had combined with the new influx of Orbs due to Quests, Paralogues, and the Weekly Celebration.

Anyways, went into Sibling Bonds not expecting much as I really don't know any of the characters save for Sanaki. Klein seems awesome all round with voice, artwork, and skills. Reinhardt and Olwen also look interesting and I would love to give them a whirl since they are "Brave Tome Cavalry." Lachesis is to add to my healer collection as they are always useful in leveling up alts, and her artwork and voice look good. Eldigan has an "eh" skillset and would look okay if his hands and fingers were not so weird. Lastly, Sanaki, who I do know, seems subpar in skillset and I am not sold on her voice.

As for my actual pull, Hana and Marth will be used as merging fodder for their "better" selves. Palla I did want, but her Boon and Bane are nothing extraordinary as I would have prefered an +ATT version with -HP, -DEF, or -RES instead.

As for Cherche, I am debating if I should also keep my current 3* Cherche (+DEF, -RES) or just pick one as a main and merge the other. A part of me is leaning towards keeping both, but this will greatly slow down "maximum caps" due to merging since I'll need to do both versions. She is slow, which makes the +DEF valuable against enemies who double her, but the +ATT can be useful in making her a "one-shot" character. I also really love Cherche as a character (main avatar's spouse in Awakening), so yeah...

The biggest win of this pull is pulling the almighty Kagero with +ATT, -DEF. Now, I have not run the numbers to see if having her on -DEF is a poor choice, but I do know her +ATT will help her immensely to deal effective damage against infantry and maybe even chip damage against other targets. I've been on the receiving end of many a Kagero, so it is nice to tip the scales in my favor and see how powerful Kagero truly is.

2 minutes ago, Sire said:

The biggest win of this pull is pulling the almighty Kagero with +ATT, -DEF. Now, I have not run the numbers to see if having her on -DEF is a poor choice, but I do know her +ATT will help her immensely to deal effective damage against infantry and maybe even chip damage against other targets. I've been on the receiving end of many a Kagero, so it is nice to tip the scales in my favor and see how powerful Kagero truly is.

It's funny that you say "Tip the Scales", since Male Robin and Kagero are mutually effective against each other.

3 minutes ago, Sire said:

Kagero is extremely useful. Sure, she's fragile, but that's excellent, to wreck stuff with Reprisal. She'll also double everything that isn't Ryoma. In fact, I think she's the best shuriken user in the game.

13 minutes ago, Finn1412 said:

Kagero is extremely useful. Sure, she's fragile, but that's excellent, to wreck stuff with Reprisal. She'll also double everything that isn't Ryoma. In fact, I think she's the best shuriken user in the game.

Kagero's neutral speed is 32, which is decent but isn't fast enough to have doubling be a given.

5 hours ago, Sophie said:
  Hide contents

kSTjGWO.png

The other things in the roll weren't too worth showing, but I got a nice belated Birthday present!

Oh boy I feel jealous xD!

I want this boy, my love for archers is strong mmm

Yesterday I did one last trying to get the twins but all I got were:

3 stars- Est, Clarine, Barst, Cecilia

4 stars- Henry

It looks that my luck dissapeared after getting Leo

Spoiler

image1.png

Did two summoning sessions today, because I really like the artwork for the new banner characters. Unfortunately, I didn't get any of them. I don't know why, but the game is intent on giving me colorless units today.

I did get Kagero! Also did another summoning session (not pictured, because not particularly interesting) that got me 4 dupes + Jeorge, who I might train up at some point.

My last few pulls have been... underwhelming to say the least, so I was fairly hyped for a brand new banner to sink my orbs into.  Was my enthusiasm justly rewarded, or did I get another set of meh units?

Round 12 Pulls

Spoiler

Round 12 [Sibling Bonds]: 3* Robin (M) [+Res, - Atk] || 3* Hana [+Def, -Atk] || 3* Wrys [+Res, -HP] || 5* Klein [+Spd, -HP] || 5* Sheena [+Def, -HP]

Aaaaaaaaah... Today was a good day in Askr.  Things were looking fairly grim as I pulled three duplicates to start things off, two of whom had positively abysmal Boon/Bane combos.  "Ah well", I thought; "At least I have some more skill mules for the inheritance update...".  And then I proceeded to pull the nuke to end all Archer-based nukes (its a pity that a +Spd nature has some synergy issues with his Brave Bow, but I'm still stoked) and one of the more promising Knights in the game (with a passable nature as well and a fun set of skills) back to back.  This probably means I've burned all my luck for the next month or so, but I couldn't care less :)

Edited by red-and-soulless
Due to reaching my attachment limit, all the pretty summoning pictures will be stored here: http://imgur.com/a/Ftyat

2 minutes ago, red-and-soulless said:

My last few pulls have been... underwhelming to say the least, so I was fairly hyped for a brand new banner to sink my orbs into.  Was my enthusiasm justly rewarded, or did I get another set of meh units?

Round 12 Pulls

Reveal hidden contents

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d7.thumb.jpg.cc49c3cf5ced505fee2ce3a328e51081.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d8.thumb.jpg.cff5c9dd90a0ca8423db67ea5df7d7dc.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d9.thumb.jpg.7b035b3298a048199ed61d6f7a587934.jpg

Round 12 [Sibling Bonds]: 3* Robin (M) [+Res, - Atk] || 3* Hana [+Def, -Atk] || 3* Wrys [+Res, -HP] || 5* Klein [+Spd, -HP] || 5* Sheena [+Def, -HP]

Aaaaaaaaah... Today was a good day in Askr.  Things were looking fairly grim as I pulled three duplicates to start things off, two of whom had positively abysmal Boon/Bane combos.  "Ah well", I thought; "At least I have some more skill mules for the inheritance update...".  And then I proceeded to pull the nuke to end all Archer-based nukes (its a pity that a +Spd nature has some synergy issues with his Brave Bow, but I'm still stoked) and one of the more promising Knights in the game (with a passable nature as well and a fun set of skills) back to back.  This probably means I've burned all my luck for the next month or so, but I couldn't care less :)

Congrats on the pull! Wish I had as much luck as you. You got Klein who is the one I really want from the focus. Sheena would also be useful for the upcoming armored March quest!