"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

7 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

Nobody answered my previous question so i decided to repost my question

So decided to run a horse team of gunter, cecilia, ursula, xander. Will switch out gunter for Camus in the future. But my problem now is what C ability i should be giving to my units with considerations of when Camus is released. I was originally thinking of giving both frontliners hone and the mages fortify but then I've read that some suggest one mage fortify and the other w hone. Same goes with the frontliners. This way everyone gets hone/fortify buffs. Right now I have fortify on Ursula. Should I give Xander fortify and cecilia hone? Then once Camus is released switch out gunter and pass him the hone or is my first idea the better option? Also is it better to have at least one ward in there or is it not necessary?

Your plan of Xander and Camus with Hone and Mages with fortify is fine.  It doesn't mater so long as they all get both buffs.  Think also about pairings and 3 Cavalry teams.  Xander and Cecilia have decent pairing u can give Xander hone and Cecilia fortify, then Ursula and Cecilia can be double buffed.  I like TA Cecilia because then she just needs hone and u can run this trio with hone on Ursula for the Xander double buff, u need 4 horse for double blade.  4* Ursula has 111 kill Spread this goes up to 118 at 5* and 121 with Blade+ !!!  Cecilia has less coverage as a blade use but still fine killing all non Red.  

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled a neutral Hector on the female mages banner. I already got a +atk Hector from the Hero Fest banner, so I don't really need this one. To whom should I give Distant Counter? Zephiel maybe?

After this Arena session ends I'll have enough feathers to promote another 4 star character, the question is who?

Currently, I'm considering Xander, Michalis and Eirika. All of them get a signature weapon upon promotion that really defines their worth.

Xander would be useful for the Horse Emblem team (Currently BladeUrsula/4*Jagen/4*Xander/Leo), and he's pretty shit without his signature weapon. He would be helpful as greens are the only thing Ursula might hesitate fighting. Wish I had Eldigan.
Michalis would be good for my flier team (currently 5*Palla/5*Tsubaki/4*Michalis/4*Camilla) but as I'm lacking both Hone/Ward Flier, maybe I should wait? I do like the idea of running QR and bonfire on him. Wish I had Minerva.
Eirika doesn't fit any immediate needs I have (no 5* Tharja or Nino) but it's probably something I ought to have down the line.

Thoughts?

25 minutes ago, Spritzee said:

I pulled a neutral Hector on the female mages banner. I already got a +atk Hector from the Hero Fest banner, so I don't really need this one. To whom should I give Distant Counter? Zephiel maybe?

Absolutely! I'm super jealous, I would love that for my Zephiel.

Edited by NekoKnight

46 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

After this Arena session ends I'll have enough feathers to promote another 4 star character, the question is who?

Currently, I'm considering Xander, Michalis and Eirika. All of them get a signature weapon upon promotion that really defines their worth.

Xander would be useful for the Horse Emblem team (Currently BladeUrsula/4*Jagen/4*Xander/Leo), and he's pretty shit without his signature weapon. He would be helpful as greens are the only thing Ursula might hesitate fighting. Wish I had Eldigan.
Michalis would be good for my flier team (currently 5*Palla/5*Tsubaki/4*Michalis/4*Camilla) but as I'm lacking both Hone/Ward Flier, maybe I should wait? I do like the idea of running QR and bonfire on him. Wish I had Minerva.
Eirika doesn't fit any immediate needs I have (no 5* Tharja or Nino) but it's probably something I ought to have down the line.

Thoughts?

Absolutely! I'm super jealous, I would love that for my Zephiel.

Wait for the new banner and arena season bonus characters. See if you get a bonus character from new banner, if not promote Xander for use as bonus characters.

If you do, either Xander or Eirika are good. Michalis has less of a priority but if you lack a good 5* Green, he can do the job. You seem to have more other characters to make Xander work out well; although even without a bladetome user, Eirika's support role is pretty cool. I guess if you have no other characters with access to 1-2 counter, Xander is especially good.

Edited by salinea

1 hour ago, Spritzee said:

Possibly but I think the best thing to do... is just run 2 Hectors :)  Maybe its better on a Blue for more triangle coverage.  Just slapping it on another armor feels redundant, whew it can be interesting on another type of unit like a flyer or something, depends on what kind of team u want to run.  I'm skeptical about Armor team but doesn't it give the most Arena points?

21 minutes ago, salinea said:

Wait for the new banner and arena season bonus characters. See if you get a bonus character from new banner, if not promote Xander for use as bonus characters.

If you do, either Xander or Eirika are good. You seem to have more other characters to make Xander work out well; although even without a bladetome user, Eirika's support role is pretty cool. I guess if you have no other characters with access to 1-2 counter, Xander is especially good.

Ah, no love for Michalis, but I can't deny that my current Horse team needs the extra support.

11 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

Just slapping it on another armor feels redundant, whew it can be interesting on another type of unit like a flyer or something, depends on what kind of team u want to run.  I'm skeptical about Armor team but doesn't it give the most Arena points?

Not really. While Hector can reliably bait and kill most colorless and blues, he can be killed by fast green and red mages before he gets off the QR. A DC Zephiel would compliment an armor team quite well. As far as armor teams not working, my 3 armor + dancer team did well in the arena this season. Hector is essential for an armor team because of DC and DC Zephiel would only make it better.

Just now, NekoKnight said:

Ah, no love for Michalis

Michalis is very good too! It's just Eirika and Xander are very very good! If you lack of a good Green 5*, but have some 5* Red already, he's a good option though.

2 hours ago, Chromatone said:

Your plan of Xander and Camus with Hone and Mages with fortify is fine.  It doesn't mater so long as they all get both buffs.  Think also about pairings and 3 Cavalry teams.  Xander and Cecilia have decent pairing u can give Xander hone and Cecilia fortify, then Ursula and Cecilia can be double buffed.  I like TA Cecilia because then she just needs hone and u can run this trio with hone on Ursula for the Xander double buff, u need 4 horse for double blade.  4* Ursula has 111 kill Spread this goes up to 118 at 5* and 121 with Blade+ !!!  Cecilia has less coverage as a blade use but still fine killing all non Red.  

Thanks will just go with my original plan. Wanted to be sure since I don't have an extra gunter to afford to make a mistake in passing hone (tons of jagen tho).

I see a lot of people suggest TA so I might try it out, though I'm hesitant to give her TA3 since I only have one roy to sacrifice. Is she really worth the TA3 investment or will TA2 be enough and save that roy for another unit? 

Does anyone know what that really expensive counter kill odin set is? I'm curious to see how expensive it actually is other than close counter.

Otherwise, Is it worth promoting Xander for next season? I'll be trying for a Celica anyway, or should I wait till I get the right IVs for either my ATiki or Nowi?

@ScarletSylph  What is your Cecilia +Spd 5*?  Its more a comfort safety thing because dire thunder is a pain.  Now the Calculator is telling me Cecilia without any buff  can just barely win vs max atk and boosted Rein as long as he is not merged and Cecilia is not - res or Hp.  A double buffed Cecilia can win vs Rein +10 so long as not -Res.  The team is already so absurdly powerful so I like to hedge for worst case and multiple Reins (happens more often than u might think)!  You can run blade just fine especially in 4 horse team.  I built TA Cecilia (who can win vs all blue and colorless DB3 +10) before Xander came along and fixed the archer matchup a lot, though some quad hits with Iceberg can still get him.

Red TA mages are also useful, just save your Roy for now unless u start to struggle often vs something.  My advice is always wait if you are hesitant about an inherit because its such a big decision.  Cecilia is one of the better TA users however and its thematic she gets it from Roy :)

Edited by Chromatone

35 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

@ScarletSylph  What is your Cecilia +Spd 5*?  Its more a comfort safety thing because dire thunder is a pain.  Now the Calculator is telling me Cecilia without any buff  can just barely win vs max atk and boosted Rein as long as he is not merged and Cecilia is not - res or Hp.  A double buffed Cecilia can win vs Rein +10 so long as not -Res.  The team is already so absurdly powerful so I like to hedge for worst case and multiple Reins (happens more often than u might think)!  You can run blade just fine especially in 4 horse team.  I built TA Cecilia (who can win vs all blue and colorless DB3 +10) before Xander came along and fixed the archer matchup a lot, though some quad hits with Iceberg can still get him.

Red TA mages are also useful, just save your Roy for now unless u start to struggle often vs something.  My advice is always wait if you are hesitant about an inherit because its such a big decision.  Cecilia is one of the better TA users however and its thematic she gets it from Roy :)

She is only 3* now but will be promoting her once she is 40 for the extra sp i get from lvls. Also she is +spd/-hp and yeah will probably wait up on the TA3. I would have been less hesitant if I had more roys. Should I be putting TA2 on her instead or L&D2/fury 2? I can also give her death blow 2 since I have some effies with bad IVs (-atk)

15 hours ago, Lucıůs said:

I... just noticed that an -atk Klein has an additional 1 point taken off his total BST... why is that??? Are all -atk units like this? 

It's caused by his stat growth. Natures bump a character's growth up or down one tier, and while most tiers are separated by 2 points (resulting in ±3 after accounting for the ±1 base stat), some are separated by 3 (resulting in ±4 after accounting for the ±1 base stat). Klein's Atk happens to have a stat growth where the next tier down is 3 points away, resulting in -4 Atk for an Atk-hindering nature.

26 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

You don't need to get to lvl 40 at 3 and 4 star she will have plenty of sp, the lvls after 33 are painful.

Im not a huge LnD fan myself and Darting blow 3 + Ss Spd+1 give close results without the huge fragility or cost.  You can do all calculations here:

https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/

True, I am currently struggling as she is past 30 already. Just didn't want to slow farm sp at 4* lvl 40 since it will be a while before I will be able to 5* her.

After playing around with that calc, I decided to go with LD2 because I got a lot more wins according to the calc (and because I have a ton of Hana). Just got to make sure she doesn't get hit.

Thanks for all the tips and advice :)

Just now, Gustavos said:

Expanding the barracks costs one orb for five new slots. What's the maximum barracks you can have, and do I need to worry about the price increasing at some point?

Maximum is 500, so you will need to pay 60 orbs total to reach the upper limit. The price doesn't increase, unlike with the castle upgrades.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's caused by his stat growth. Natures bump a character's growth up or down one tier, and while most tiers are separated by 2 points (resulting in ±3 after accounting for the ±1 base stat), some are separated by 3 (resulting in ±4 after accounting for the ±1 base stat). Klein's Atk happens to have a stat growth where the next tier down is 3 points away, resulting in -4 Atk for an Atk-hindering nature.

I always wondered why my Lyn has 4 less Atk instead of 3 less. Now I really wish there were some way to spend resources to reroll natures.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Maximum is 500, so you will need to pay 60 orbs total to reach the upper limit. The price doesn't increase, unlike with the castle upgrades.

Got it~

I finally got my 7 wins in arena for about 4800 points, but I keep running into people with Vantage Hector, Takumi, and other things. I only have 1 Lon'qu and have been considering giving my Hector the Vantage to try and combat it. Is there another way to counter these units, if you don't have enough to give Vantage to your units, and bait attacks from them?

17 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I finally got my 7 wins in arena for about 4800 points, but I keep running into people with Vantage Hector, Takumi, and other things. I only have 1 Lon'qu and have been considering giving my Hector the Vantage to try and combat it. Is there another way to counter these units, if you don't have enough to give Vantage to your units, and bait attacks from them?

Vantage Hector is great, beating both Vantage Takumi as well as opposing Hectors. If you can't KO Vantage units without forcing the proc, then baiting them is your second best option.

For Takumi specifically, -Blade mages are good choices for beating Vantage variants, as they can simply OHKO and not fear any counter; assuming neutral, you'd need 58 Atk to pull this off. To demonstrate, +Atk Nino is actually just one point of Atk off the mark of doing this if she only has an Atk buff (+8) for 57).

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Vantage Hector is great, beating both Vantage Takumi as well as opposing Hectors. If you can't KO Vantage units without forcing the proc, then baiting them is your second best option.

For Takumi specifically, -Blade mages are good choices for beating Vantage variants, as they can simply OHKO and not fear any counter; assuming neutral, you'd need 58 Atk to pull this off. To demonstrate, +Atk Nino is actually just one point of Atk off the mark of doing this if she only has an Atk buff (+8) for 57).

Right now, I've basically had to charge my Sanaki's special Iceberg, off a unit that doesn't have it. So she can just turn an OHKO Hector (which is usually fine), just would like a more reliable way and possibly faster.

1 minute ago, Sleypnyr said:

Right now, I've basically had to charge my Sanaki's special Iceberg, off a unit that doesn't have it. So she can just turn an OHKO Hector (which is usually fine), just would like a more reliable way and possibly faster.

Hector and Takumi are naturally bulky--the former more so than the latter--and they tend to force trades. There isn't much of a reliable way of avoiding the proc aside from not giving them an opportunity to attack like just straight ORKO'ing them or running Vantage yourself. Since Hector is armored, it's very easy to leave him as the last unit on the board while keeping your counter healthy enough to survive a single attack from him or having their special charged. Do you have any other reds you can use, preferably swords with 50 or more Atk and enough Spd to double? Takumi is a straight damage check since you can't use color advantage to mitigate the damage he does outside of -Raven, so you either OHKO him or bait him out.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hector and Takumi are naturally bulky--the former more so than the latter--and they tend to force trades. There isn't much of a reliable way of avoiding the proc aside from not giving them an opportunity to attack like just straight ORKO'ing them or running Vantage yourself. Since Hector is armored, it's very easy to leave him as the last unit on the board while keeping your counter healthy enough to survive a single attack from him or having their special charged. Do you have any other reds you can use, preferably swords with 50 or more Atk and enough Spd to double? Takumi is a straight damage check since you can't use color advantage to mitigate the damage he does outside of -Raven, so you either OHKO him or bait him out.

Takumi isn't much of a problem at times, as he can mostly be tanked by Hector. On a defensive tile most of the Takumi's I run into do 0 damage to Hector and then get traded. Hector is the bigger problem, I don't have many of the top end Red Sword users. I have Roy, Eliwood, Xander, and Caeda. I'm levelling Xander and Eliwood for a Horse Emblem comp. but still don't have it built out yet. I have a 4 star Marthand Navarre, but most o mf other red swords are just Inherit fodder. 

16 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

Takumi isn't much of a problem at times, as he can mostly be tanked by Hector. On a defensive tile most of the Takumi's I run into do 0 damage to Hector and then get traded. Hector is the bigger problem, I don't have many of the top end Red Sword users. I have Roy, Eliwood, Xander, and Caeda. I'm levelling Xander and Eliwood for a Horse Emblem comp. but still don't have it built out yet. I have a 4 star Marthand Navarre, but most o mf other red swords are just Inherit fodder. 

5* =Selena 1RKOs +Def Hector with her default sword and without T-Adept (+Atk Hector does ding her for 12 damage, though. With T-Adept the damage drops to 1, so her default kit kind of ruins Hectors---and anything else green.) With fort changes, she can leverage her speed and bulk to rush to a fort and charge Ignis. She doesn't need QR like other ignis users due to her great speed-tier, so that leaves both her A-slot and her B-slot free for whatever other threats you need her to cover, and, because of that same speed-tier, almost nothing survives a round when Ignis is up. (Because she doubles to finish if needed.)

On 5/11/2017 at 2:03 AM, mcsilas said:

Laslow has a really good Attack stat- as good as Hana, but his Speed could be better.

Maybe something like

A- Fury/Death Blow

B- Swordbreaker (even though he has Axebreaker, this is more for coverage)

C- Threaten Def/Speed

Special could be either Moonbow or maybe Draconic Aura? If you have a spare Karel, then Wo Dao+ would be good for his special.

Was thinking Death Blow, too, so he'll be mini-Alphonse.  I like Hone Speed on him, since it's an aura that I'm missing.  Need more Swordbreaker fodder.

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

See that Avatar you are using.. Dont u have her?  Tharja is a top 5 Red as she can deal with Hector and Nino with ease.  I ran a 4 star for ages w g tome breaker and just laughed at both of the most popular Greeens.  

Edited by Chromatone