"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

One by one surrounded by healers so one character can get all the SP

The best way to grind SP is by leveling up to about 25 or 26 and defeating enemies no more than 6 levels below you. You'll get +3 SP for every kill but barely level up in the process! This way you'll have BOAT loads when you're at max

That sounds like a good plan. Instead of 3 healers, wouldn't it be better 2 healers 1 dancer, though? You have flexibility in the dancer doubling as a healer or as an additional turn for the attacking unit. Also, isn't this plan a bit risky if the unit cannot handle certain types (colors or resistant to melee/magic etc.)? I know Ike can handle swords and greens easily (although green mages make a dent, specially mine being -res).

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

That sounds like a good plan. Instead of 3 healers, wouldn't it be better 2 healers 1 dancer, though? You have flexibility in the dancer doubling as a healer or as an additional turn for the attacking unit. Also, isn't this plan a bit risky if the unit cannot handle certain types (colors or resistant to melee/magic etc.)? I know Ike can handle swords and greens easily (although green mages make a dent, specially mine being -res).

I personally use a healer, a dancer, and a strong unit to kill off whatever the trainee/dancers cannot (so for example, if I'm training up Ike, I may want Julia or Nino tagging along to take care of any Sapphire Lance units or blue mages). 

If I'm training a ranged unit, sometimes I'll forego the healer and instead go double dancer instead to speed things up. 

Also, if you have a healer, it's a good idea to inherit Pain if you can get it to help them chip down enemies for your trainee to finish off. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, Taim Meich said:

Also, isn't this plan a bit risky if the unit cannot handle certain types (colors or resistant to melee/magic etc.)?

Should have been more clear ha

If you have rehabilitate, you should be able to break through using brute force, but typically I use:

Olivia

Serra

(Trainee)

(Non-distinct 5 star unit)

Now you have a go-to for when your trainee can't kill

Also, rehabilitate is pretty nasty

Thanks @MaskedAmpharos and @Arcanite.

I guess I was being pretty much optimal, then. My current "trainers" are Olivia 4* and Priscilla 5* with Rehabilitate (who is 38 and can definitely use every bit of little exp she gets by healing). Priscilla currently has Assault because it was the best spell for leveling her by killing enemies, but as a way to soften them up, yeah, one Azama must be sacrificed. I have the SP already. As for the 4th unit, I was currently using Soren, but it probably would be beneficial to get Cherche there and get Ike some stupid defense in the process.

What I didn't know is that at 25-26 enemies 5-6 levels below still give 3 SP, while giving little exp. At lower levels, when they give 3 SP, they give a good chunk of exp, and when they don't give much exp, they don't give SP either. That change in the pattern is really useful for SP grinding.

5 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

Thanks @MaskedAmpharos and @Arcanite.

I guess I was being pretty much optimal, then. My current "trainers" are Olivia 4* and Priscilla 5* with Rehabilitate (who is 38 and can definitely use every bit of little exp she gets by healing). Priscilla currently has Assault because it was the best spell for leveling her by killing enemies, but as a way to soften them up, yeah, one Azama must be sacrificed. I have the SP already. As for the 4th unit, I was currently using Soren, but it probably would be beneficial to get Cherche there and get Ike some stupid defense in the process.

What I didn't know is that at 25-26 enemies 5-6 levels below still give 3 SP, while giving little exp. At lower levels, when they give 3 SP, they give a good chunk of exp, and when they don't give much exp, they don't give SP either. That change in the pattern is really useful for SP grinding.

I personally still favor Soren since Cherche is still threatened by blue mages, and Ike's defense is pretty good already. Up to you though. 

As far as SP goes, the formula for 5*s is this: you get SP if a generic enemy is up to 6 levels below your unit, and you get SP if the enemy is a named Hero that is up to 8 levels below your unit. 

Since the update, the threshold is even lower for training heroes under 5*s (so for example I think 4*s gain exp/SP from a generic enemy up to 8 levels below), but I'm unsure what the exact numbers are for those. 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I personally still favor Soren since Cherche is still threatened by blue mages, and Ike's defense is pretty good already. Up to you though.  

Even Soren being the same level as Ike, and thus both having to share kills to be even on exp? Both are 25 now.

Just now, Taim Meich said:

Even Soren being the same level as Ike, and thus both having to share kills to be even on exp? Both are 25 now.

Ah right, I didn't consider that Soren wasn't already trained up. 

If you're planning to use both of them, I would actually consider training Soren first since ranged units generally go faster (especially if you use double dancers) and then Ike afterwards. 

If you were dead set on training Ike first though, then yeah you may be better off using another green besides Soren while training Ike. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Ah right, I didn't consider that Soren wasn't already trained up. 

If you're planning to use both of them, I would actually consider training Soren first since ranged units generally go faster (especially if you use double dancers) and then Ike afterwards. 

If you were dead set on training Ike first though, then yeah you may be better off using another green besides Soren while training Ike. 

I need a decent green mage since the closest thing I have is a -atk +res 3* Nino at level 30, so I think I'll go the Soren route. I only have one Olivia at level 40, the other one is a free one 3* at level 1, but if I'm careful it'll serve, and I won't mind if she dies every battle, in fact.

I have two questions, hopefully not too complicated. I'm pretty new to the game & enjoying it so far. Figuring things out as I go along. Essentially F2P--though I will periodically throw money at a game I like every so often, for services rendered. 

Anyhow. Questions.

1. I raised a 3 star Cecilia to level 35 in order to complete a quest. I just got a 4 star Cecilia. Should I: (1) Hang onto the 3 star Cecilia for some later use--inheritance or whatnot or (2) Merge the 3 star Cecilia into the 4 star Cecilia (I ask because 3 star Cecilia is sitting on about 300 SP. If that SP would transfer over, it's pretty tempting to give the new Cecilia the benefit of the leveling I did on the old Cecilia.) 

2. I've been using my feathers to raise heroes from 3 stars to 4 stars. Since I'm new, I'm inclined to think that getting a decent batch of 4 star heroes leveled is more important than saving up to raise a single hero from 4 to 5 in the distant future. 

I did Anna and Sharena first since I knew they wouldn't be duped by summons. Now I'm not sure which one to pick next so I thought I'd ask. 

I've got a little bit of everything. I do *not* have a red mage at 4 stars so I'm considering raising one of my 3 star red mages (Raigh, Sophia, Henry). I raised Subaki to 35 for the quest & he's sitting on about 250 SP so that's tempting. I've also got 3 star versions Lon'qu, Eliwood, Hana, & Fir. Plus, I've been picking up as many quest heroes as I can, so I've got a 3 star Zephiel, Est, F!Robin, Gunter. I already have a 4 star Olivia, so no need to do that again. 

Suggestions? 

Wait, I have another

3. I have a 4 star Nino (level 37 so I'm not sure about bane/boon because I didn't check at level 1) & she has about 679 SP, which is starting to feel a little silly. She should inherit something & make use of that. What should I be looking for? --- I also have a 5 star Clair & I'm having the same issue; she's racking up SP and I don't know what to do with it. 

Thanks for any help!

Am I really the only one who finds Barst is awesome in training team? The utility of Reposition + Spur Attack (in combination with Olivia's Hone Attack) as well as generic use as a meatshield is just great.

Edited by salinea

1 minute ago, salinea said:

Am I really the only one who finds Barst is awesome in training team? The utility of Reposition + Spur Attack (in combination with Olivia's Hone Attack) as well as generic use as a meatshield is just great.

I just pulled my first barst today, so I'll get to hopefully see how enjoyable he can be!

7 minutes ago, Personette said:
Spoiler

I have two questions, hopefully not too complicated. I'm pretty new to the game & enjoying it so far. Figuring things out as I go along. Essentially F2P--though I will periodically throw money at a game I like every so often, for services rendered. 

Anyhow. Questions.

1. I raised a 3 star Cecilia to level 35 in order to complete a quest. I just got a 4 star Cecilia. Should I: (1) Hang onto the 3 star Cecilia for some later use--inheritance or whatnot or (2) Merge the 3 star Cecilia into the 4 star Cecilia (I ask because 3 star Cecilia is sitting on about 300 SP. If that SP would transfer over, it's pretty tempting to give the new Cecilia the benefit of the leveling I did on the old Cecilia.) 

Depends on which of the two have the better nature. +Atk/-Def is ideal, but you should be just fine with anything that's not -Atk or -Spd. 

Also, the SP on the old Cecilia will not transfer over. What WILL transfer over is any skills learned, so it's best to grind up SP and learn skills that the merge recipient does not already know on merge fodder before transferring over. 

2. I've been using my feathers to raise heroes from 3 stars to 4 stars. Since I'm new, I'm inclined to think that getting a decent batch of 4 star heroes leveled is more important than saving up to raise a single hero from 4 to 5 in the distant future. 

In my personal opinion, it's best to first get a solid team of four or so 5*s for Arena (even 2-3 is fine though depending on what your ranking goals are) to improve your overall weekly feather output and then start promoting a bunch of units to 4*. 

I did Anna and Sharena first since I knew they wouldn't be duped by summons. Now I'm not sure which one to pick next so I thought I'd ask. 

I've got a little bit of everything. I do *not* have a red mage at 4 stars so I'm considering raising one of my 3 star red mages (Raigh, Sophia, Henry). I raised Subaki to 35 for the quest & he's sitting on about 250 SP so that's tempting. I've also got 3 star versions Lon'qu, Eliwood, Hana, & Fir. Plus, I've been picking up as many quest heroes as I can, so I've got a 3 star Zephiel, Est, F!Robin, Gunter. I already have a 4 star Olivia, so no need to do that again. 

Suggestions? 

Getting at least one of every weapon type at 4* is a good idea. Of the ones you mentioned, I personally think Sophia is the best to train up since Raigh's tome is rather niche unless you inherit new stuff to him (and even then Sophia benefits more from inheritance overall with a Raourraven/Triangle Adept build) while Henry just doesn't do damage. If you happen to pull Tharja, Sanaki, or Lilina before training either of those 3 up though, I would prioritize them. If not, then Sophia.

Subaki is a very solid option if you don't have a good blue tank already. If you wanted to inherit something onto him to make him better, Bonfire adds a ton of damage output since it scales off of his amazing defense. 

Lon'qu and Hana are both solid options (especially Hana with an inherited Brave Sword/Desperation build), but if you had to go with one of them I'd go with Lon'qu. Eliwood is best on a cavalry team, but since you have a Cecilia already, it may benefit you to start building towards a cavalry team (in which case you want Gunter or somebody else with an inherited Hone Cavalry, and you also want to inherit Nino's Gronnblade tome onto Cecilia) (but if you're just starting out, don't worry too much about inheritance for the time being)

Wait, I have another

3. I have a 4 star Nino (level 37 so I'm not sure about bane/boon because I didn't check at level 1) & she has about 679 SP, which is starting to feel a little silly. She should inherit something & make use of that. What should I be looking for? --- I also have a 5 star Clair & I'm having the same issue; she's racking up SP and I don't know what to do with it. 

Nino is ridiculously powerful and one of the best mages in the entire game. If she's not -Atk or -Spd I would heavily consider her for promotion. As far as inheritance goes, the most important skill for her imo is Desperation, which will allow her to hit both of her attacks at once (sort of like if she had a Brave weapon) if she outspeeds the opponent (as she often will) and is below the Desperation HP threshold. This will allow her to take out most ranged or distant counter characters (hi Hector) without fear of retaliation. For her A-skill, either Life and Death or Fury are recommended options to help optimize her for glass cannon nuking. Finally, Ardent Sacrifice is an option to consider as well to help her get to Desperation range without needing to enter combat. 

For Clair, she works best emulating Cordelia's best set, which is a quad Brave set. The idea is to give her Life and Death to boost her damage and speed, give her a Brave Lance, and then give her Desperation to let her hit four times at once on any enemy she outspeeds, which will more often that not be enough to outright OHKO. This build is best with +Spd, but +Atk is great as well. If you don't have either of those natures, that's perfectly fine, but obviously you would prefer to not have -Spd or -Atk.

Thanks for any help!

Answered questions in spoiler tags to avoid taking up space.

If you have any other questions let me know!

Hey, thank you so much. This is super useful. I do have one question. You said: 

13 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Also, the SP on the old Cecilia will not transfer over. What WILL transfer over is any skills learned, so it's best to grind up SP and learn skills that the merge recipient does not already know on merge fodder before transferring over. 

My 3 star Cecilia has already learned all the skills available to her. Are you saying I should sacrifice some other hero into the worse Cecilia so I can use the SP to learn skills & then sacrifice the worse Cecilia with the extra skills into the better Cecilia? 

Or am I better off keeping her around? (I don't know what the boon/bane on the original Cecilia is because she was one of the first units I pulled--or maybe I got her through a quest? But the new one is -def & +hp which I guess is blah but not disastrous.)

I just hate having this troop I'm never going to use again at the top of my list when I sort by level. 

Edited by Personette

2 minutes ago, Personette said:

My 3 star Cecilia has already learned all the skills available to her. Are you saying I should sacrifice some other hero into the worse Cecilia so I can use the SP to learn skills & then sacrifice the worse Cecilia with the extra skills into the better Cecilia? 

Or am I just better off keeping her around?

If unit A learned some skills and you merge A into B, B will learn these skills for free.

3 minutes ago, Personette said:

Hey, thank you so much. This is super useful. I do have one question. You said: 

Or am I just better off keeping her around?

I just hate having this troop I'm never going to use again at the top of my list when I sort by level. 

That was a roundabout way of saying it, but basically yes.

1) If your 3* Cecilia has the better nature, it's more efficient to grind up skills on the 4* Cecilia and then merge

2) If your 4* Cecilia has the better nature, just merge your 3* into her before learning anything on the 4* as she'll learn all the skills (like Atk +3 and Escape Route and whatever else) that your 3* has already learned

If you don't mind grinding for SP after you hit level 40 on the better Cecilia, then it really doesn't matter either way. This is simply the fastest/most efficient way to go about things. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

42 minutes ago, Personette said:

3. I have a 4 star Nino (level 37 so I'm not sure about bane/boon because I didn't check at level 1)

You can check boon/banes easily if the unit is not 5* by going to the promote menu and looking at the level 1 promoted stats, if you don't like what you see, just hit back :)

Edit: Oh, it just has occured to me that you may not have the feathers and/or crests to promote her, in which case I think the game doesn't let you see the promoted stats... Hmmm...

Edited by Taim Meich

Just now, Personette said:

It looks like you can see the base level 1 stats when you go to the unlock potential screen. My 3 star Cecilia is +attack and -res, my 4 star is +hp and -def.

So I should keep the 3 star, right? And forget about the 4 star? 

I would say keep the 3*, yes. 

You can also go to the unlock potential screen to check Nino's nature; I hope she's good!

I did post this late last night so I think people missed it so I want to try posting it again, sorry:

Hey guys!  So I would like some advice for myself and a friend skill wise.  I was lucky enough to pull an Ike(+Def, -Atk)(unfortunate I know), and she pulled a Titania (+Res, -Spd) (Also unfortunate I know), but we would like some ideas for any skills that would be good for them.  For Ike I was thinking Bonfire, but with Heavy Blade, Aether or Luna might still be an option might be an option.  I was wondering if Desperation would be good on him instead of Swordbreaker, or maybe even Vantage, and Hone or Spur Atk.

For Titania, we are thinking of keeping Guard because it seems unique and useful, but what about Armored Blow?  And what C skill and trigger might work best?  Please let us know what you think!  Thank you!

Last night, I pulled a 4 star Reinhardt & a 5 Star Olwen. I like both of them, though rein won't fill his ~full potential~ until i scrounge up another 16k feathers. A series of questions!

Rein is +speed/-res, Olwen is +speed/-hp. These good natures? Especially relevant for Rein since he's needing promotion.

I know Olwen isn't as good as her brother, but is she still pretty ok otherwise? I notice she kind of has power issues, so does she wind up having trouble killing things?

What are some good skills and maybe some "ok" skills if I lack the good ones. Some skills I know I have immediate access to incase they matter: Dagger breaker, armored blow, iceberg, glacies, lancebreaker (but only up to B rank and only if i start promoting arthurs), Luna, some assorted threaten stats, hone cavalary, swift sparrow

I've got other skills in here too, I just need to dig through everything.

14 minutes ago, r_n said:

Last night, I pulled a 4 star Reinhardt & a 5 Star Olwen. I like both of them, though rein won't fill his ~full potential~ until i scrounge up another 16k feathers. A series of questions!

Rein is +speed/-res, Olwen is +speed/-hp. These good natures? Especially relevant for Rein since he's needing promotion.

I know Olwen isn't as good as her brother, but is she still pretty ok otherwise? I notice she kind of has power issues, so does she wind up having trouble killing things?

What are some good skills and maybe some "ok" skills if I lack the good ones. Some skills I know I have immediate access to incase they matter: Dagger breaker, armored blow, iceberg, glacies, lancebreaker (but only up to B rank and only if i start promoting arthurs), Luna, some assorted threaten stats, hone cavalary, swift sparrow

Probably one of the worst banes for Reinhardt, I think? +Spd means 26 at lvl 40 5*, but his tome brings it down to 21, so I don't really think it's worth salvaging with that nature. Olwen, on the other hand, can go pretty wild with +Spd since she gets 37 at lvl 40 which is brought down to a fair 32 with her tome. If you're able to pull off a full cavalry team, then you can make a crazy Quad build with her. Throw Life and Death 3 (+5atk/spd) and a hone cavalry buff (+6atk/spd) and you're hitting 43 spd and 46 atk. Even more if you're using in combat buffs.

In terms of skills, I find the useful ones will be stuff like Fury, Vantage, Desperation, Life and Death, Quick Riposte. Breakers are obviously good as well if you're running into certain units you can't deal with very well on your team. Specials that are good really depend on the stat distribution of your units, but Bonfire/Ignis are great on low attack physical tanks while Moonbow/Luna are more of a one size fits all kind of deal.

Edited by Otorio

14 minutes ago, r_n said:

It's not a good nature for Reinhardt (his speed is abysmal, so he doesn't care about having a little tiny bit more. -Res is eh), but it doesn't matter. He doesn't need a good nature to kick ass (as long as he's not -Att).

+speed puts Olwen at effective 32 speed which is pretty good for a Brave user, as it can mean quadhits pretty easily with the right set up. Sadly Olwen has a pretty meh attack, but worthwhile in Horse Emblem. (-HP is good, since she was already going to die if anything touch her).

Lancebreaker can be good for Reinhardt. And obviously Hone Cavalry for both/either in a Horse Emblem set up.

Edited by salinea

22 minutes ago, r_n said:

Reinhardt is okay. Anything that isn't +Atk or -Atk is basically the same as neutral for him. He's still going to be erasing worlds.

Olwen is good. +Spd is only outdone by +Atk and even then only barely.

28 minutes ago, r_n said:

Olwen with the standard Brave wallbreaker build (Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3) with a Hone Cavalry buff actually outperforms Reinhardt with his standard build (Draconic Aura, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3) with a Hone Cavalry buff.

Olwen is basically everything Quadsuna wished she could be since Olwen targets Res instead of Def and has access to better buffing options in the form of Hone Cavalry and Goad Cavalry.

Olwen's main downside is the fact that she absolutely needs Hone Cavalry if she wants to kill anything other than reds.

Well at least it wasn't +speed/-attack rein. Good to know. I actually do have spare Draconic Auras for both of them and can probably work on grabbing L&D2 at least (thank you hana). I might keep Vantage on rein for the time being, though.

I usually don't take any one team into various places, but I do have a horse emblem team growing so Olwen can slot pretty easily in as a replacement for ursula depending on what I need.

Thanks guys.