"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

30 minutes ago, D4RTH said:

Chasing copies of Brave Celica for merges, lead me to these two IV sets:

+Atk/-Def

+Spd/-Def

I'd imagine that +Atk would favour her optimal Royal Sword build setup, where as +Spd would lean towards benefitting her optimal Firesweep Sword setup.

As I plan on using both setup's at different stages, I'm trying to decide which one is overall better? Whilst I would generally lean towards +Spd on an almost glass cannon unit such as herself, I'm leaning more towards +Atk for some reason here.

I am getting lazy, so I am going to put the builds in spoilers and you can just import the list into the calculator.

AOTB!Celica

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Celica (Brave) (5* +atk -def)  
Weapon: Royal Sword  
Special: Pavise  
A: Death Blow 4  
B: Double Lion  
C: Atk Tactic 3  
S: Attack 3  

Celica (Brave) (5* +spd -def)  
Weapon: Firesweep Sword+  
Special: Luna  
A: Life and Death 3  
S: Speed 3  

Celica (Brave) (5* +atk -def)  
Weapon: Slaying Edge+  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Death Blow 4  
S: Attack 3  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Enemy Setup

Spoiler

ENEMIES - FILTERED FULL LIST  
Include: melee, ranged, red, blue, green, gray, physical, magical, infantry, cavalry, flying, armored, staff, nonstaff  
Rarity: 5*  
Merge: +5  
Boon: +spd  
Special: Moonbow  
Replace Special: true  
A: Fury 3  
Replace A: true  

+Atk is the cheaper option. Her vanilla kit just needs her Galeforce to be replaced with Pavise, and run Attack +3 Sacred Seal. She has like 4 deaths with almost 250 kills.

If you want to squeeze out a little more damage, you can go with Slaying Edge-Moonbow, but her deaths shoots up to like 30 something.

+Spd for Firesweep is the most premium, requiring a change to her Weapon, Special, and A slot. She gets 240+ kills, but obviously no deaths.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On the merge confirmation screen before you go through with the merge, you have the character icons for the "before" and "after" versions of the character. If you tap and hold on the "after" icon, you can take a look at exactly what your unit will look like after the merge.

Oh thanks for the tip! Didn't know that~

So, I've been on a 5* promotion spree after the accumulative 100k feathers I've grinded up this week and one of those units is the +ATK Felicia that's been sitting in my barracks for two months now.  I've updated her to her Plate and tried my hand at tanking some dragon hits.  Her survivability is mixed without RES buffs, and while I plan to give her Close Counter, I don't think Felicia's Plate will make for a reliable weapon to use against them.

There is a weapon recently introduced, though, that would fit that niche perfectly, and as such, I want to build her up to handle both dragons and magic (dragons especially).  

YEYGgtD.jpg

Would this be a viable build towards that end?

Edited by Selena4Lyfe
Wrong Skills in Demo Pic

21 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

There is a weapon recently introduced, though, that would fit that niche perfectly, and as such, I want to build her up to handle both dragons and magic (dragons especially).  

Her 61 physical bulk and 60 effective Atk is a bit worrisome against dragons.

That's nowhere near enough Atk to one-hit kill a dragon on initiation, meaning she's always going to have to take at least one hit from them either on player phase or enemy phase. That's actually not even enough Atk to guarantee a two-hit kill against the more physically bulky dragons (my +10 Nowi needs 65 Atk to two-hit kill, and one running Steady Breath on top needs 69 Atk to two-hit kill). That results in her performance against dragons being a one-and-done deal where she might be able to kill one dragon, but be out of commission for the remainder of the map.

A maxed male Grima also one-hit kills Felicia if she initiates combat and two-hit kills her if he initiates combat with Bold Fighter.

If the focus is against dragons, you might be better off running -Res instead of -Def and Atk Ploy and Def Ploy (if you have them) instead of Atk Smoke and Close Def.

6 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Other than Cherche, What are some good units to run a hammer on? Lance armors are giving me a hard time in the arena, even more with the new Hector.

If it’s just to deal with lance armors, just about any unit with a special refined Slaying Hammer+, Glimmer, Fury, and Lancebreaker will do. Bartre and Frederick are cheap because they already come with Hammer+ and in the case Bartre he also already has Fury.

For example, a non-merged Bartre can handle all 5* 40+10, 6/6/6/6, lance armors, on both Player and Enemy Phase, pretty much regardless of what they’re running. Well, Svalinn Shield is an obvious problem and Wary Fighter might cost you a Brave Hector or Effie win if they have steady breath+bonfire (+ Slaying Lance in the case of Effie) but outside of that it gets the job done 99% of the time.

Frederick, Gerome, and Gunther yield basically the same results.

I did notice however that Legion was exceptional compared to the units mentioned above as he was able to kill more than just lance armors. Probably the best armor slayer I saw. The only other units I ran numbers on with similar results were Linus and a +atk Raven. Both of which can wield Basilikos instead.

12 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

So, I've been on a 5* promotion spree after the accumulative 100k feathers I've grinded up this week and one of those units is the +ATK Felicia that's been sitting in my barracks for two months now.  I've updated her to her Plate and tried my hand at tanking some dragon hits.  Her survivability is mixed without RES buffs, and while I plan to give her Close Counter, I don't think Felicia's Plate will make for a reliable weapon to use against them.

YEYGgtD.jpg

Would this be a viable build towards that end?

She is running 67 physical bulk. and will hit anything but dragons like a wet noodle, I am not even sure if she can kill Dragons on the counter hit even with Cloud Maiougi. She will definitly survive the slower dragons and kill the ones with lower bulk like Ninian and Fae, but she will prolly fail to kill any of the other Dragons, and she will definitly die to M!Grima no matter if enemy or playerphase. All in all she does a horrible job at what she is supposed to do and a Falchion/Naga user will definitly do it better.

I can only see this work with a support from a refined Marth or M!Corrin (but then again if you have Marth in the group she wouldnt need the Cloud Maiougi. a Sothe with the same built would have done a better job, because it doesnt matter how high her RES is, dragons pick the weaker stat and Sothe has like 20 RES or Def which euqals around the same bulk against baiting dragon, but he has that much higher spd and attack and can actually kill them in return with Glimmer.

13 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Other than Cherche, What are some good units to run a hammer on? Lance armors are giving me a hard time in the arena, even more with the new Hector.

If you need a cheap counter, Arthur 4*+10 with Attack +3 and Glimmer on top of his vanilla kit will be fine.

If you want a lance armor counter, any axe user will do, and they just need Hammer (without the +), Glimmer, Triangle Adept 2, and Lancebreaker 1/2. Lancebreaker might not be necessary, but I prefer to overkill my targets in case they run something funny like Quick Riposte-Wary Fighter-Quick Riposte or have Deft Harpoon-Fury-Wary Fighter with Wings of Mercy teammates.

Edited by XRay

So anyway, I am finally building up my first +10 project, which is Sakura. I am already able to get her up to +8, so things are proceeding well.

I still haven't decided on a build for her though. I already have both Maribelle and Lucius running a Wrazzling Pain set, so a third healer like that would be redundant. Any other ideas, maybe surrounding Gravity shenanigans? I am open to more premium builds too.  

Also my curren merge base is +Atk -Hp. If you think another IV set would be more ideal for a specific build, feel free to tell me.

I'm thinking of buliding a Linus with Basiliskos with life and death effect, fury 3, desperation 3 with a +3 speed seal. It'd bump up his attack to a scary 61 with 44 speed and with the fury 3 penalty linus would activate desperation 3 quicker. On paper this looks to me like a insane offensive unit but the question is, is this is a good idea? I'm not 100% sure.

9 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

During the forging bonds event do I need only 1 character to wear an accessory to get the bonus or sm I better off having each character wear an accessory?

Every accessory gives +25% to points gained, and they stack up to +100%. So yes, for maximum gains you need to have all four characters wear an accessory.

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Are you interested in any of the units on the current banners?

Hell yeah. Got VVeronica as my freebie, but I wouldn’t mind copies nor the other BHs. Thing is, that 3% rate always causes problems. Never done regular banners since I’ve never gotten an extra BH last year, never got a MGrima, and getting Zelgius was a pain (and got a +res/-att on top of that :dry:). I have gotten much better results in blindly picking legendary banners, as my three BLyns can attest to start

2 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Hell yeah. Got VVeronica as my freebie, but I wouldn’t mind copies nor the other BHs. Thing is, that 3% rate always causes problems. Never done regular banners since I’ve never gotten an extra BH last year, never got a MGrima, and getting Zelgius was a pain (and got a +res/-att on top of that :dry:). I have gotten much better results in blindly picking legendary banners, as my three BLyns can attest to start

In that case, go for it. The cyl 2 units are some of the best in the game for some time. Just don't be discouraged if 5*s don't appear right away. 

15 hours ago, Nanima said:

So anyway, I am finally building up my first +10 project, which is Sakura. I am already able to get her up to +8, so things are proceeding well.

I still haven't decided on a build for her though. I already have both Maribelle and Lucius running a Wrazzling Pain set, so a third healer like that would be redundant. Any other ideas, maybe surrounding Gravity shenanigans? I am open to more premium builds too.  

Also my curren merge base is +Atk -Hp. If you think another IV set would be more ideal for a specific build, feel free to tell me.

Gravity or any Player Phase staff build is built the same way, except you might want to take out Savage Blow and run Smokes instead to so the enemy cannot take advantage of Wings of Mercy.

There is an Enemy Phase variation with Pain [Wrathful]-Close Counter-Vantage-Spd Smoke/Res Smoke.

12 hours ago, Kubson said:

I'm thinking of buliding a Linus with Basiliskos with life and death effect, fury 3, desperation 3 with a +3 speed seal. It'd bump up his attack to a scary 61 with 44 speed and with the fury 3 penalty linus would activate desperation 3 quicker. On paper this looks to me like a insane offensive unit but the question is, is this is a good idea? I'm not 100% sure.

Sounds fine. I would personally just stick with his vanilla Brazen Atk/Spd though since he already comes with it, unlike Raven who does not come with a decent A skill.

Unless you use him frequently enough to demand Linus having good first round performance, Fury is nice, but not necessary.

Edited by XRay

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

Gravity or any Player Phase staff build is built the same way, except you might want to take out Savage Blow and run Smokes instead to so the enemy cannot take advantage of Wings of Mercy.

There is an Enemy Phase variation with Pain [Wrathful]-Close Counter-Vantage-Spd Smoke/Res Smoke.

Smoke skills can not be used by healers. So i am not sure where that enemy variation is comeing from unless they broke the game.

Edited by Hilda

47 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, smoke skills can't be inherited by healers. Most of the time people still go with Savage Blow. I've been thinking of going with:

W/D Gravity+
Physic+
Heavenly Light
Atk/Spd Bond
Wrathful/Dazzling staff (depending on if I can pull another Maribelle or Genny)
Drive Spd
Live to Serve

This makes her more support oriented as opposed to the Pain + SB chipping set. Thoughts?

Edited by Nanima

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Smoke skills can not be used by healers. So i am not sure where that enemy variation is comeing from unless they broke the game.

Ah, yeah. Brain fart. Thought they could do Smokes.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Yeah, smoke skills can't be inherited by healers. Most of the time people still go with Savage Blow. I've been thinking of going with:

W/D Gravity+
Physic+
Heavenly Light
Atk/Spd Bond
Wrathful/Dazzling staff (depending on if I can pull another Maribelle or Genny)
Drive Spd
Live to Serve

This makes her more support oriented as opposed to the Pain + SB chipping set. Thoughts?

Looks fine. If you cannot pull another Wrathful Staff/Dazzling Staff fodder, you can do Wings of Mercy or Escape Route to teleport to another ally and since you are adjacent to them, it will work well with Atk/Spd Bond.

You might also want to change Physic to something that heals adjacent allies rather than allies 2 spaces away.

Edited by XRay

1. So I have  been coming and going with this game and I have become active again since CYL2 has been released. So I'm out of the loop on how arena is now. I only logged in or did some events but have not done arena in months. Can someone explain to me how arena works now with the 5 wins and how advancing to higher tiers work?

2. I also need help in building an arena team. I would really like to use my Fallen Robin(M) as a core in my team since I have almost perfect IV for him (+atk -hp) and since he is my favorite character. Who are some good teammates to use with him outside of armor teams or dragon teams?(or are these teams still good to use in arena?) Any easy to merge units that work well with Fallen Robin? I have a ton of feathers stocked up since I have been so inactive in managing my units so I am willing to start a 5* merge project if they are good partners for fallen robin.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Looks fine. If you cannot pull another Wrathful Staff/Dazzling Staff fodder, you can do Wings of Mercy or Escape Route to teleport to another ally and since you are adjacent to them, it will work well with Atk/Spd Bond.

You might also want to change Physic to something that heals adjacent allies rather than allies 2 spaces away.

She already has Wings of Mercy, but that clashes with Physic, so I've been wanting to change that. I find the distance healing to be pretty helpful a lot of the time, but if it clashes too much with a build I will reconsider it. I already know what I'll be saving my orbs for after the Halloween banner gets rerun though, so this will hopefuly give me enough time to collect my last two Sakura copies. Anyay, thanks for the help!

2 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

1. So I have  been coming and going with this game and I have become active again since CYL2 has been released. So I'm out of the loop on how arena is now. I only logged in or did some events but have not done arena in months. Can someone explain to me how arena works now with the 5 wins and how advancing to higher tiers work?

It is basically the same. You just need to do 5 in a row instead of 7 for maximum score. You also get rewards for doing 5 wins in row, and you can still get those rewards even if your wins are not perfect. You also get more points for using your bonus unit to do the kills, so if your bonus unit gets all 20 kills, that will be another 60 points I believe (3 points per kill). If you have Legendary Heroes, they will also boost your score during certain seasons by giving allies with the same elemental Blessings a stat boost.

They have also added Tier 21, so it may help everyone move up and stay in a higher tier.

2 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

2. I also need help in building an arena team. I would really like to use my Fallen Robin(M) as a core in my team since I have almost perfect IV for him (+atk -hp) and since he is my favorite character. Who are some good teammates to use with him outside of armor teams or dragon teams?(or are these teams still good to use in arena?) Any easy to merge units that work well with Fallen Robin? I have a ton of feathers stocked up since I have been so inactive in managing my units so I am willing to start a 5* merge project if they are good partners for fallen robin.

Almost anything works, and with few exceptions, the only "rule" that needs to be followed is building a color balanced team.

If you like armor units, Effie and Draug are easy to get, and depending on where you land on the score range, they may or may not need Distant Counter. If you do not score high enough, there will be lots of ranged units and it may be frustrating to win consistently without Distant Counter.

You can also go for a dragon team with A!Tiki and Nowi, which is much more mobile than an armor team, but FH!M!Robin is going to be a drag on the team if you cannot consistently get him to the front lines in time.

If you prefer Player Phase like me, FH!M!Robin is more of hindrance and may require some babying like bonus units. If you are running a mage, then I recommend Reinhardt for not requiring set up, and I recommend Olivia to balance out the team.

Firesweep archers are the best for Player Phase teams, but they require a lot more resources and the best archers are all 5* exclusives or are limited Special Heroes. With a Firesweep archer, you do not need color balance so you can just go with Olivia, but I recommend running a blue Dancer/Singer so FH!M!Robin is not completely useless.

50 minutes ago, Nanima said:

She already has Wings of Mercy, but that clashes with Physic, so I've been wanting to change that. I find the distance healing to be pretty helpful a lot of the time, but if it clashes too much with a build I will reconsider it. I already know what I'll be saving my orbs for after the Halloween banner gets rerun though, so this will hopefuly give me enough time to collect my last two Sakura copies. Anyay, thanks for the help!

For Physic healers, you may want to consider using Chills, Ploys, and Infantry buffs on their B, C, and Sacred Seal slots since your healers are not likely to be on the front lines and those skills work over long distances. The A slot can be HP +5 or Resistance +3/Fortress Res depending on the stats of the healer and which skills you are using.

Edited by XRay

57 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Physic healers, you may want to consider using Chills, Ploys, and Infantry buffs on their B, C, and Sacred Seal slots since your healers are not likely to be on the front lines and those skills work over long distances. The A slot can be HP +5 or Resistance +3/Fortress Res depending on the stats of the healer and which skills you are using.

Hmm, I see. That's not really a road I want to go down, so I'll pick between Recover and Rehabilitate.