"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

I mean, spread differences aren't too big between an 'average' unit and the 'best' unit of a certain class. Reinhardt is only half an IV shift better than Leo (3 Atk), and Cordelia only has 3 Spd on people like Hinoka, 5 spd on Est, and 4 Atk, 1 Spd on Catria, 5 Atk vs. Shanna, which are all less than a full IV shift.

A mediocre unit with good IVs will usually be better than the best unit with bad IVs, since stat spreads usually aren't too far apart. Investing in the best unit with bad IVs only makes sense if you're planning to merge them to +10 if they're 5*, since it takes a ton of pulls, on average, to get an ideal nature. Same for 4*s and below, if you're not planning to at least +1 the unit, it's better to just wait for a good IV copy rather than boosting up, say, neutral Nino only to fodder her later once you pull a good IV'd one.

On the other hand, you can't field characters that you don't have or duplicate characters that you have in Arena Assault and other assault modes.

If a player isn't at the point where they have enough units to build 7 full teams for Arena Assault, I think it's worth putting in even some minimal investment in a few more units, even if they won't be ideal at the moment.

Waiting is generally the suggestion I give when a player already has a copy of the unit built and wants to know if a duplicate should be used for merging or Skill Inheritance, but has no pressing need for either option.

For a character like Shiro who you don't need to spend 20,000 feathers for a promotion for and who has relatively low worth for Skill Inheritance, there's no harm in at least leveling the unit as an additional body to throw at assault modes (even if not really built).

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

What is a good B-skill for LA!Hector if I don't want to use his native wary fighter? He's +HP -res, if it matters.

Do you have a spare Karla or Nephenee for Wrath 3? It'll stack with Berserk Armads's Wrath effect and you can get charged Bonfires with him if you give him Quickened Pulse or he's affected by legendary Hector's Ostia's Pulse. He already naturally gets charged Glimmers with just Berserk Armads and being in its Wrath range.

Otherwise, probably any of the other fighter skills or I guess Vantage works. Maybe a Chill?

Edited by Kaden

56 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

What is a good B-skill for LA!Hector if I don't want to use his native wary fighter? He's +HP -res, if it matters.

If you just want something cheap and functional, good old Quick Riposte 2 from Klein or Subaki should do the trick.

Is there any reason to not merge Legendary Lyn? Somehow I was either blessed or cursed with 3 of them. One that's +HP, - Res that's already grinded up, one that's +Atk, - Res, and one that's -Atk so she's not really in the equation RN~ She's the only one that can use Laws of Sacae and I can get Desperation from plenty of fodder-able units so is Speed Tactic something I should spare?~

If you haven't noticed, I'm extremely paranoid of merging units that I don't need to unlock the potential of

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Is there any reason to not merge Legendary Lyn? Somehow I was either blessed or cursed with 3 of them. One that's +HP, - Res that's already grinded up, one that's +Atk, - Res, and one that's -Atk so she's not really in the equation RN~ She's the only one that can use Laws of Sacae and I can get Desperation from plenty of fodder-able units so is Speed Tactic something I should spare?~

If you haven't noticed, I'm extremely paranoid of merging units that I don't need to unlock the potential of

I would recommend merging LegLyn to boost your score during wind season. The noteworthy skill she has for fodder is  Spd Tactic 3, chances are that later down the line that would be made into a seal just as def and res tactics. Still good for a speed based mixed team, it's up to you.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I would recommend merging LegLyn to boost your score during wind season. The noteworthy skill she has for fodder is  Spd Tactic 3, chances are that later down the line that would be made into a seal just as def and res tactics. Still good for a speed based mixed team, it's up to you.

I had the same thought. In the event I go for the merge, should I merge to the +Atk L!Lyn?

5 hours ago, Kaden said:

Do you have a spare Karla or Nephenee for Wrath 3? It'll stack with Berserk Armads's Wrath effect and you can get charged Bonfires with him if you give him Quickened Pulse or he's affected by legendary Hector's Ostia's Pulse. He already naturally gets charged Glimmers with just Berserk Armads and being in its Wrath range.

Otherwise, probably any of the other fighter skills or I guess Vantage works. Maybe a Chill?

I'm afraid I've never been able to get a spare wrath -- that said, I could hold out for a bit and see if someone with one of the other fighter skills will show up.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

If you just want something cheap and functional, good old Quick Riposte 2 from Klein or Subaki should do the trick.

I could probably do that while I wait for a permanent B-skill, yeah. Thanks guys.

1 minute ago, Furan said:

Hi. What do you guys think is the better IV for Myrrh from what I currently have: +def/-res or +res/-spd? She will get DC after.

Thanks!

She doesn't need speed, and since she's getting DC and will be tanking magic as a result, +res is never bad.

15 minutes ago, Furan said:

Hi. What do you guys think is the better IV for Myrrh from what I currently have: +def/-res or +res/-spd? She will get DC after.

12 minutes ago, Raven said:

She doesn't need speed, and since she's getting DC and will be tanking magic as a result, +res is never bad.

On the other hand, if she keeps Great Flame (and why wouldn’t she?), additional Def will help with her getting doubled less. Not getting doubled helps infinitely more with survavibility than three or six extra Res.

Edited by Vaximillian

43 minutes ago, Raven said:

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

On the other hand, if she keeps Great Flame (and why wouldn’t she?), additional Def will help with her getting doubled less. Not getting doubled helps infinitely more with survavibility than three or six extra Res.

Yea, thats why im struggling to decide. Both options seem good. Assuming she gets optimal team support on both def and res simultaneously, which will perform better?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Speed also plays a bit of role in avoiding doubles. So dropping speed puts her in a range where some rather bulky units can resist and double her. Part of why Fury is so good an option oon on her is that it pushes not just her defense up, but her speed tier as well. Basically to double neutral fury Myrrh you need at least 33 speed and 35 defense. If either check fails you don't double. DC Neutral Myrrh is doubled if you have at last 30 speed and 32 defense. That bar is easier to hit. Which is why DC Myrrhs like +DEF. Dropping speed though lets in anyone with more than 27 speed and 35 defense. And there are a number of units that fall in that gap such as Brave Ike, Spring Xander, Hardin, Wallhart, and Brave Ephraim. And that is before taking into skills(Fury can put a good number of high defense bruisers into the 27-29 speed bracket. And that is ignoring that it lets folks with 32 defense into consideration as well).

Anyways that is basically me agreeing with +DEF. The only time I would consider +RES over it is if it the bane was in speed. +RES is most valuable if she gets doubled by a mage. Elsewise HP is a superior boon. Speed is a bit more valuable on her than I think some people realize. That said I would probably take +DEF or +ATK/-SPD over neutral.  It is just that I would consider RES or HP to be the better bane.

My personal experience is that losing 3 magic bulk doesn't bother her much(mine is +DEF/-HP though, so I don't lose ploy resistance or double hit bulk, but I can't recall the last time a mage doubled her). Calculator tends to agree. It seems to say +DEF/-RES is the best of the +DEF options. Between +DEF/-RES and +RES/-SPD is a noticeable difference, but not exactly a huge difference. -SPD lets Grima and Effie ko her. And plus defense lets her survive or win against Siegbert, Eldigan, Ephraim, Cherche, Zelgius, Black Knight, Adult Tiki, Regular Xander and Armored Jakob. Or basically plus defense is nice. +RES lets her survive Armored Tharja and RED Lilina. That is it. Taking the bane in res to go with the defense boon lets Adult Tiki and Sanaki kill her. That is the cost of the RES bane. She loses to two reds she shouldn't really be tangoing with in the first place. So your bane choice is survive Effie and Grima or survive Adult Tiki and Sanaki. -HP is a bit worse then res since Siegbert gets in on the fun then. And while -ATK doesn't hurt her survivability it knocks a bunch off her kill count. This was done with Sundere's List which assumes all foes are honed and doesn't exactly have every unit or build listed. Myrrh did get to have a fortify dragon/flier since it isn't exactly hard to +6 her DEF and RES since both related Tactics are also in seal form. Assuming a standard DC/Iotes ep build of course. I didn't check against other lists or the general Fury/Moonbow overwrite at high merge test. I just find Sundere's list to be rather representative of what I run into in arena. Other than the fact that the AI can't be bothered to keep the stat boosts in play :D.

@Furan Hah, almost forgot to tag you even though it was your question.

Edit- Also forgot to quote @Raven too and apparently it doesn't want to let me add it now. But I meant to have both Raven and Vaximillian up top there where Vaximillian is quoted.

Edited by Usana

1 hour ago, MrGrimReaper said:

Is there any way I can play on two different accounts using the same phone? Thanks!

Not on Android phones. Anyway, I'd like to not suggest trying to run 2 accounts. It will produce nothing but salt for yourself.

2 hours ago, MrGrimReaper said:

Is there any way I can play on two different accounts using the same phone? Thanks!

You can if your phone supports multiple user accounts. @RavenAndroid can support this, but whether the specific phone allows it is at the discretion of the manufacturer. No issue on my Moto G5 for example but I had a cheap backup ZTE that couldn't do it. It's not because of the Android version, because the feature has been around for a while, it's just something they can choose to disable.

https://www.androidcentral.com/lollipop-brings-proper-multi-user-accounts-your-phone

6 hours ago, Furan said:

Thanks!

I would go for +Def. Defensively, her Def stat effectively functions as her Spd stat to prevent doubles, so Myrrh is more similar to Spd tanks than traditional Def/Res tanks in that regard.

Spd tanks want to maximize Spd and dump HP/Def/Res since bulk does not really matter too much as they can prevent doubles; in Myrrh's case, she wants to maximize +Def and dump HP/Spd/Res instead, with Spd being obviously the most ideal.

The lack of bulk generally is not an issue since most nukes rely on killing the enemy in two hits instead of one. Nukes that specializes in one hit kills, such as Lilina, are a problem for Spd tanks, but those are pretty rare.

Myrrh +Def, -HP
Enemy Phase 178:33:73
0/0/4/4
Enemy Phase 189:16:79

Myrrh +Res, -Spd
Enemy Phase 171:51:62
0/0/4/4
Enemy Phase 188:19:77

Here is the calculator and import lists:

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Myrrh (5* +def -hp)  
Weapon: Great Flame  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Distant Counter  
B: Quick Riposte 3  
S: Close Def 3  

Myrrh (5* +res -spd)  
Weapon: Great Flame  
A: Distant Counter  
B: Quick Riposte 3  
S: Close Def 3 

— — — — — — —

ENEMIES - FILTERED FULL LIST  
Include: melee, ranged, red, blue, green, gray, physical, magical, infantry, cavalry, flying, armored, staff, nonstaff  
Rarity: 5*  
Merge: +5  
Boon: +spd  
Replace Special: true  
A: Fury 3  
Replace A: true 

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

What's a good A Skill for M!Morgan?

Depends on what you want him to do. Fury is a good all round skill for both Player Phase and Enemy Phase, and one of the cheapest optimal A skills along with Life and Death and Death Blow.

Swift Sparrow, Atk/Spd Push, Brazen Atk/Spd, Kestrel Stance, Sturdy Stance, Mirror Stance, Atk/Spd Bond, Atk/Def Bond, Atk/Res Bond, Distant Counter, Close Counter, Steady Breath, Warding Breath, etc. are all 5* exclusive.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

Depends on what you want him to do. Fury is a good all round skill for both Player Phase and Enemy Phase, and one of the cheapest optimal A skills along with Life and Death and Death Blow.

Swift Sparrow, Atk/Spd Push, Brazen Atk/Spd, Kestrel Stance, Sturdy Stance, Mirror Stance, Atk/Spd Bond, Atk/Def Bond, Atk/Res Bond, Distant Counter, Close Counter, Steady Breath, Warding Breath, etc. are all 5* exclusive.

Going for Player Phase based~ I have been holding extra Ishtar around in case I ever wanted Swift Sparrow on someone so it's an option I could do~

I was also looking at Gamepedia builds and most of them have Draw Back on him. Does it matter much between DB and Reposition? I think I've got a fodder of at least one of both available~ 

16 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I was also looking at Gamepedia builds and most of them have Draw Back on him. Does it matter much between DB and Reposition? I think I've got a fodder of at least one of both available~ 

That is up the player's preferences. Whether it matters or not depends on the player. For me, it matters; for most other players, it probably does not.

I personally prefer Reposition on everyone (except for armor units). Swap is my second favorite if I do not have Reposition available, but I only use Swap on Enemy Phase units. I am not a huge fan of Draw Back, Shove, or Smite; Shove and Smite are gimmicky, but you should definitely try out Draw Back to see if that skill is up your alley.

Edited by XRay

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not a huge fan of Drag Back, Shove, or Smite; Shove and Smite are gimmicky, but you should definitely try out Drag Back to see if that skill is up your alley.

Draw Back is the assist skill natively found on Nino, Drag Back is the B skill natively found on Gwendy.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Draw Back is the assist skill natively found on Nino, Drag Back is the B skill natively found on Gwendy.

Woops. I will edit that.