"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

On 9/6/2018 at 3:23 PM, Sasori said:

Have you tried refreshing your Appstore? Updates usually dont show untill I do that.

Where exactly would it show up? I just checked again today, and when I go to the FEH app in the store, it shows the most recent update in the text, but I don't see any way to get it. I hazard I'm supposed to tap what was once the download icon? But now it just says "play" and not "update" or anything, and tapping "play" just brings me to FEH, which gives me a message to go to the App Store, which I tap to be brought back there, which I can tap to go to the FEH app again, and so forth endlessly.

Edit: Realized my stupidity and got it working.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Tree I'm using a +ATK/-RES Cherche since a long time now and she arrived to +10 recently. In my opinion it's her ideal nature. You can still stack her speed for some fun in pve modes, I gave her LnD and a SPD refined Slaying Axe for that.

That probably is the best iv overall. I will go with that one. Thanks!

Lance Hector iv: [+res, -spd] (current) or [+atk, -hp]

4 hours ago, Kubson said:

I just got a -Atk/+Def Sigurd, is this really bad and is there a way to make him work?

A unit with 48 atk and 37 def (plus close def) is still very good. There are lots of ways to make that iv work. With his magic protection, he will be really tough overall.

@Kaden Kinshi Hinoka has Atk/Spd Bond but yeah that skill needs to be more accessible.

Speaking of rare A skills, would you think a well-loved Odin would use Brazen Atk/Spd well? It does rely on Odin taking a hit, but I guess unlike the other blue mages he can usually take a hit

@mampfoid Let me know how +Spd Odin goes. I think I'll just go with the best natured Odin I have. +Spd/-HP for my main and +Atk/-Res for my second (since I don't have a good +Spd one). Maybe at least having both varieties in different can let me know which works better.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m skeptical of Brazen on blade mages for obvious reasons.

I mean obviously Odin will have actual buffs, but an extra +7 to the +6 Atk/Spd buffs he gets from the Link effect from his tome seems really enticing. And lower health goes with Desperation I guess

Then again Fury would probably be the most consistent for general use I guess

10 hours ago, Tree said:

I do have a few 4* merged units, but I only do that for units I don't care much about. (Boey likes to visit, so he's 4* +8 now.) A 4* +10 is similar to a 5* +5, right? I could just make a couple of those and save some feathers for now. I guess the extra merges on the 4* would score higher, but that probably doesn't matter. 5* +4 seems to be the best compromise since the 5th merge usually adds the least desired stats.

It is the same about 5*+4/5 depending on the unit.

If you really like a unit, getting them to 5*+10 is fine and you do not need to compromise at 5*+4 if you have enough resources floating around.

10 hours ago, Tree said:

I used to auto battle area assault with the Askr units as the starting team (they are 5* with refines). That scores around 4000. If I play through manually on the easy difficulty, I usually get around 4300. If I really work at it and play medium and use blessing units, I can get around 4700. I tried it with my best team for the start, and couldn't consistently beat hard difficulty. (edit: Only had difficulty with the later teams; the first team had no trouble.) The difference between autobattling and attempting manual play of hard difficulties was only a few extra coins and stones per week. I've settled for a quick manual play through for around 4300 points. If I could get in top 20,000, it might be worth the effort, but the lower tiers have only a single coin between them unlike the higher tiers which have 2 between.

10 hours ago, Tree said:

I guess I don't really know where to go with the game. I seem to be at a plateau where advancing is a disproportionate amount of work for the rewards. Perhaps I just need some key units or skills, but I'm not really sure.

Arena Assault is pretty cheap to invest in and is actually pretty easy on Hard difficulty as well. Except for the first battle, you can check your enemy team before the battle and bring the appropriate units to counter each enemy.

I also recommend building an armor team for Arena Assault Team 1 to get your score higher. A Distant Counter Ward Armor team is probably the easiest one to use in my opinion compared to other armor teams. My armor team consists of Zephiel, Sheena, Effie, and along with either BB!Lyn or NS!Corrin as the fourth unit to provide healing or extra mobility, depending on whatever I feel like.

If you are not free to play, it is pretty easy to build Arena Assault units as counters en masse. Gem Weapons, armor effective Weapons, Triangle Adept 2, Breaker 2, and Glimmer are all available cheaply. Here is a list of Arena Assault builds and I have also listed their "ideal" natures, but the right nature is not necessary in most cases:

Spoiler

For melee units, they usually run something like this:
+Atk, -HP/Spd
Gem Weapon
Glimmer
Attack +3/Fury
Breaker/Quick Riposte

Personally, I like to run Breakers that matches the unit's strength to ensure overkill (e.g.: Axebreakers on sword units), instead of going for more coverage (e.g. Swordbreaker on sword units). There are rare instances where super fast units with decent bulk can shrug off the attack, avoid being doubled, and survive, leading to enemies with Wings of Mercy to swoop in to ambush you.

Melee units with high Res are built pretty much the same way but with Quick Riposte instead of Breakers to counter dragons.

If you need counters against armor units, you can give some of your melee units the following build instead:
+Atk, -HP/Spd
armor effective Weapon
Glimmer
Triangle Adept
Breaker

Again, I prefer to match the Breaker with the unit's strength to ensure overkill.

— — — — — — —

Arena Assault mages run the following:
+Atk, -HP/Spd
(any Weapon)
Glimmer
Triangle Adept
Breaker

Since mages do not have access to Gem Weapons, they can run their default Weapons or anything you like. Again, I like to match Breakers with the unit's strength (e.g.: G Tomebreaker on red mages). Since B Tomebreaker is locked to a limited unit, I just run Quick Riposte on green mages instead.

Mages with good Def generally run Raven builds to counter archers:
+Atk/Def, -Spd
Raven
Glimmer
Triangle Adept
Bowbreaker

For Raven mages, I highly recommend running Triangle Adept 3 over Triangle Adept 2, since archers can hit really hard.

For Sophia specifically, since she got really high bulk, I run her with Quick Riposte instead of Bowbreaker.

— — — — — — —

Colorless units are a bit less intuitive to build.

For archers with decent Atk:
+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res
Brave Bow
Luna
Death Blow
Breaker

The breaker is just there to provide extra utility, but it is not necessary since their main job is to take down fliers and fragile mages.

For archers with okayish Atk and good physical bulk, you can specialize them to counter other archers or colorless units, but this build is a lot more expensive though since Guard Bow requires 20,000 Feathers to promote Setsuna to 5*.
+Def, -Spd/Res
Guard Bow [Def]
Moonbow/Bonfire
Fury
Bowbreaker

For dagger units, they have really poor access to good Weapons, so I just use them as counters against other daggers. If you have the Feathers, you can get Barb Shuriken+ too with Def Refinement, but that usually is not necessary since Brave Dagger is not released yet.
+Atk, -Spd/Res
Barb Shuriken
Bonfire/Luna
Attack +3/Fury
Daggerbreaker

For Niles, Felicia, and other high Res colorless units, they kind of need to be 5* if you want them to be reliable mage counters running Quick Riposte. Since that is too expensive in my opinion, I give the following instead and narrow their duties to specific mages:
+Atk, -Def
Barb Shuriken/Slaying Bow
Iceberg
Attack +3/Fury
Breaker

I gave my units R Tomebreaker since I need more red mage counters, but G Tomebreaker is fine too.

10 hours ago, Tree said:

I think I have to include a legendary unit on my team for the blessings to count towards the score in regular arena, right?

Yes, they need the proper Legendary Hero AND the right Arena season.

4 hours ago, Kubson said:

I just got a -Atk/+Def Sigurd, is this really bad and is there a way to make him work?

He will be fine in Arena Assault. Just give him Moonbow/Glimmer-Axebreaker or Bonfire-Quick Riposte

31 minutes ago, Tree said:

Lance Hector iv: [+res, -spd] (current) or [+atk, -hp]

For most armor units, I always go with -Spd. You generally do not want them to lose bulk with -HP/Def/Res.

The only exceptions are fast armor units like Zelgius, where I would go with [+Spd, -HP/Def/Res] instead and Spd stack them.

Edited by XRay

So I just randomly summoned my 1st WT Reinhardt but he has the worst possible IVs, +spd -atk. Is he worth using at all outside of horse emblem? Or is it still possible for him to powerhouse his way through enemies like he should?

Also I have asked before on how to build H!Jakob when he was released and now I want to rebuild him as his old build I had advise on seemed too squishy to my liking. I was hoping someone can help me as both my jakobs since the beginning have less than optimal IVs, +spd/-hp and +hp/-res. Any builds that could work with these IVs or should I wait to get better ones?

16 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

So I just randomly summoned my 1st WT Reinhardt but he has the worst possible IVs, +spd -atk. Is he worth using at all outside of horse emblem? Or is it still possible for him to powerhouse his way through enemies like he should?

Also I have asked before on how to build H!Jakob when he was released and now I want to rebuild him as his old build I had advise on seemed too squishy to my liking. I was hoping someone can help me as both my jakobs since the beginning have less than optimal IVs, +spd/-hp and +hp/-res. Any builds that could work with these IVs or should I wait to get better ones?

WOT!Reinhardt should still be fine in Arena Assault and a quad attack from him will still destroy most axe units.

For TOD!Jakob, it depends on what you want him to do. I prefer an offensive build on him running Firesweep Bow, since he will essentially become a cross between Takumi with his mobility and BB!Cordelia with infinite Spd.
Firesweep Bow
Moonbow
Death Blow
Bold Fighter
Armor Boots
You can run Brave Bow too, but if he will lose his mobility if he eats a counter attack.

I personally do not recommend a Close Counter build since TOD!Jakob cannot stand up to melee nukes unless he runs Wary Fighter, but running Wary Fighter also means that he cannot kill anyone either and he can get ambushed by Wings of Mercy enemies. And as a colorless unit, he cannot rely on color to help him tank either. If you want to go the Close Counter route anyways, you can try:
Guard Bow [Def] - Slaying Bow [Def]
Ignis
Close Counter
Vengeful Fighter - Wary Fighter
Close Def

I am not convinced he can tank magic nukes reliably either with how slow he is on top of being colorless, but you can try this to kill things in one shot on the counter:
Slaying Bow [Res] - Slaying Bow [Atk]
Moonbow - Glimmer
Atk/Res Bond - Fierce Stance - Mirror Stance - Fury
Wary Fighter
Distant Def - Attack +3

Edited by XRay

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

WOT!Reinhardt should still be fine in Arena Assault and a quad attack from him will still destroy most axe units.

For TOD!Jakob, it depends on what you want him to do. I prefer an offensive build on him running Firesweep Bow, since he will essentially become a cross between Takumi with his mobility and BB!Cordelia with infinite Spd.
Firesweep Bow
Moonbow
Death Blow
Bold Fighter
Armor Boots
You can run Brave Bow too, but if he will lose his mobility if he eats a counter attack.

I personally do not recommend a Close Counter build since TOD!Jakob cannot stand up to melee nukes unless he runs Wary Fighter, but running Wary Fighter also means that he cannot kill anyone either and he can get ambushed by Wings of Mercy enemies. And as a colorless unit, he cannot rely on color to help him tank either. If you want to go the Close Counter route anyways, you can try:
Guard Bow [Def] - Slaying Bow [Def]
Ignis
Close Counter
Vengeful Fighter - Wary Fighter
Close Def

I am not convinced he can tank magic nukes reliably either with how slow he is on top of being colorless, but you can try this to kill things in one shot on the counter:
Slaying Bow [Res] - Slaying Bow [Atk]
Moonbow - Glimmer
Atk/Res Bond - Fierce Stance - Mirror Stance - Fury
Wary Fighter
Distant Def - Attack +3

The firesweep bow build looks fun to play but sadly no Faye to fodder for firesweep bow :(

Might go with the last one since I also lack CC fodder. Will any IV work with that build or is my +spd/-hp better than +hp/-res? Since it looks like I want to keep my res at least neutral?

51 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

The firesweep bow build looks fun to play but sadly no Faye to fodder for firesweep bow :(

Might go with the last one since I also lack CC fodder. Will any IV work with that build or is my +spd/-hp better than +hp/-res? Since it looks like I want to keep my res at least neutral?

Ideally you want to stack as much Atk as possible since Wary Fighter with his natural bulk should allow him to tank any mage provided it is not Reinhardt with Dire Thunder or Lilina with Chill Res active against you.

Unless an armor naturally has a lot of Spd, most armor units should always go with -Spd.

I would go with [+HP, -Res] since [+Spd, -HP] does literally nothing for TOD!Jakob.

While mages are generally squishy, some of them are bulky enough to eat a counter and summon Wings of Mercy reinforcements, so watch out when using him. I do not recommend using him in Arena, but he should be okay in Arena Assault if you pick his battles carefully and/or run a Tomebreaker instead. Since he is running Wary Fighter, he will suck in PvE battles too and probably get swarmed.

Edited by XRay

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ideally you want to stack as much Atk as possible since Wary Fighter with his natural bulk should allow him to tank any mage provided it is not Reinhardt with Dire Thunder or Lilina with Chill Res active against you.

Unless an armor naturally has a lot of Spd, most armor units should always go with -Spd.

I would go with [+HP, -Res] since [+Spd, -HP] does literally nothing for TOD!Jakob.

While mages are generally squishy, some of them are bulky enough to eat a counter and summon Wings of Mercy reinforcements, so watch out when using him. I do not recommend using him in Arena, but he should be okay in Arena Assault if you pick his battles carefully and/or run a Tomebreaker instead. Since he is running Wary Fighter, he will suck in PvE battles too and probably get swarmed.

Ok thanks! Was hoping to use in arena but AA works as well. Will probably wait till I get a much better one before making him built for arena.

Does anyone use Maria and Sakura for Arena Assault? I am not really sure what to do with them. I have their merged 5* copies sitting around doing nothing, so I am thinking of promoting a 4* copy with a decent nature.

They already have Pain+ on their 4* copies, but they cannot kill things as well as Lucius and Lachesis, so I am wondering if I should give them another staff instead and do something else.

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

Does anyone use Maria and Sakura for Arena Assault? I am not really sure what to do with them. I have their merged 5* copies sitting around doing nothing, so I am thinking of promoting a 4* copy with a decent nature.

They already have Pain+ on their 4* copies, but they cannot kill things as well as Lucius and Lachesis, so I am wondering if I should give them another staff instead and do something else.

You can never go wrong with Gravity+, and infantry staff users have the advantage of being able to be Repositioned onto forests, which I find is a surprisingly common issue on my team with Elise.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can never go wrong with Gravity+, and infantry staff users have the advantage of being able to be Repositioned onto forests, which I find is a surprisingly common issue on my team with Elise.

Cool, I will give them that and try it out.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Let me know how +Spd Odin goes. I think I'll just go with the best natured Odin I have. +Spd/-HP for my main and +Atk/-Res for my second (since I don't have a good +Spd one). Maybe at least having both varieties in different can let me know which works better.

So far he is doing fine (LnD3, Flashing Blade, no refinement yet), he is not yet level 40 though. 

1 hour ago, wizzard of soz said:

what happens if you have T-Adept/Gem Weapon on a unit with Cancel Affinity 3? 

Triangle Adept and Gem Weapon on the unit will always have their effect canceled when using any Cancel Affinity.

Hi, is color Sniping really the best way to get the Heroes you want, even if you are FtP and have limited acess to orbs? I have been recomended to do it but it just look's like i would be spending more orbs (and not every circle has green in it :>_<:)

On 9/7/2018 at 8:38 AM, XRay said:

Arena Assault is pretty cheap to invest in and is actually pretty easy on Hard difficulty as well. Except for the first battle, you can check your enemy team before the battle and bring the appropriate units to counter each enemy.

I also recommend building an armor team for Arena Assault Team 1 to get your score higher. A Distant Counter Ward Armor team is probably the easiest one to use in my opinion compared to other armor teams. My armor team consists of Zephiel, Sheena, Effie, and along with either BB!Lyn or NS!Corrin as the fourth unit to provide healing or extra mobility, depending on whatever I feel like.

OK, probably need more armor merges. Sheena (8 copies, no decent iv) and Zephiel (5 copies) are the only real candidates I have to merge. I have a +3 Lance Hector, a +3 Black Knight, and a +1 Zelgius, but all of my other armor units are not merged. (I have a +3 Myrrh with distance counter and two original Hectors both with good IVs though.) I'll probably use the free brave hero to add a merge to Hector.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:38 AM, XRay said:

If you are not free to play, it is pretty easy to build Arena Assault units as counters en masse. Gem Weapons, armor effective Weapons, Triangle Adept 2, Breaker 2, and Glimmer are all available cheaply. Here is a list of Arena Assault builds and I have also listed their "ideal" natures, but the right nature is not necessary in most cases:

I'm mostly free-to-play (Black Knight). I have been adding some of those skills, and it's helped somewhat. I guess I just need to build a few more counters and use them more effectively.

4 hours ago, RexBolt said:

Hi, is color Sniping really the best way to get the Heroes you want, even if you are FtP and have limited acess to orbs? I have been recomended to do it but it just look's like i would be spending more orbs (and not every circle has green in it :>_<:)

In my opinion, if you are not attached to any Heroes and have no preferences in play style, I recommend doing full summons since it is the most cost efficient way to get the most amount of 5* units as well as a good mix of fodder. If there are specific Heroes that you want though, color sniping is the most cost efficient way to get them.

Personally, I almost always color snipe. I do not really care about summoning my favorite characters, but I do have a strong preference for ranged fliers and Dancers/Singers. Color sniping is the most cost efficient way to get the units I want without being pity broken by disgusting melee units too much, which I absolutely despise and consider them nothing more than filthy trash stinking up my Barracks.

However, on Legendary Foci, if I do not need anyone in particular and I need fodder, I do full summons since that is the most cost efficient way to get fodder with a high chance of gathering good 5* units too.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, RexBolt said:

If your only priority is to get a single, specific character, yes, pulling only a single color is the best way to get that character. Every umbrella you pick that has the wrong color is a flat 0% chance of getting the character you want, meaning you will waste more orbs pulling on 0% umbrellas than you spend pulling at higher orb costs.

Note, however, that you should never pull for a 5-star-exclusive character when they are not on the banner.

If you are a brand new player, it is generally advisable to pull all colors to round out your barracks.

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

What's a good C-Skill for Silvia? I'm not used to using Dancers since I don't really have any but Gamepress suggested Drive Attack and I do have a Fjorm chilling around that I honestly never really intend to use~

Depends on your team’s needs. My go-to C for a dancer is Hone Atk or Spd with Hone Spd or Atk respectively as a S (but I haven’t kept up with meta for quite a while so whatever).

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Depends on your team’s needs. My go-to C for a dancer is Hone Atk or Spd with Hone Spd or Atk respectively as a S (but I haven’t kept up with meta for quite a while so whatever).

Well I got plenty of Olivias to kill off after this so I'll probably go for those two~ Thanks!~