Randoman

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Poco Lypso said:

Hi there!

I got pitybroken by Hector yesterday and now have distant counter to fodder off. The flame emperor seems like a good choice to me. Do you guys think he is worth the investment of skills and grails?

If you need him for scoring purposes in modes like Arena, he is fine.

If you want a unit that is easy to use and performs well, I would not pick an armor unit. Armor units are not that much better combat performance wise compared to infantry units, and unless you are used to their stupid slow movement, they can be very annoying, difficult, and frustrating to use. Armor March, Pivot, Guidance, etc. do help, but it is still not the same as regular units with better mobility.

Outside of scoring for Arena Assault, the only times I use armor units willingly is during Grand Conquest when they have their movement buffed, or during Forging Bonds where there is no turn limit and the enemies are weak.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

If you need him for scoring purposes in modes like Arena, he is fine.

If you want a unit that is easy to use and performs well, I would not pick an armor unit. Armor units are not that much better combat performance wise compared to infantry units, and unless you are used to their stupid slow movement, they can be very annoying, difficult, and frustrating to use. Armor March, Pivot, Guidance, etc. do help, but it is still not the same as regular units with better mobility.

Outside of scoring for Arena Assault, the only times I use armor units willingly is during Grand Conquest when they have their movement buffed, or during Forging Bonds where there is no turn limit and the enemies are weak.

I was meaning to make him a grail project,  arena mostly I think.

1 hour ago, Poco Lypso said:

I was meaning to make him a grail project,  arena mostly I think.

If it is for Arena, it should be fine. Arena is generally easy enough that even using armor units should not be too difficult.

For the past several seasons I've been trying to get into Tier 19 in Aether Raids to finally get that sixth team member for Defense. But I've been stuck in 18 forever, and this last season I finally got within 60-80 Lift to break into 19 before the season ended, then afterwards it knocked me like 800 Lift down to restart this season... 

So far I've completely ignored the seasons' blessing and hero bonuses, nor have I been using Mythic/Legendary Heroes but it seems I'll have to start paying attention to those things. I ended up just confusing myself trying to understand how the blessings work, especially when it comes to reducing Lift Loss on defense which is where it's really hurting me. I guess I'm wondering if someone can explain to me what kind of Defensive Heroes and Blessings work to reduce Lift Loss. 

My offensive team almost always is successful, usually without any casualties (I had read around and seen that Disarm Trap was considered overrated on AR, but it's been a godsend for me), but my Defense loses EVERY time lol

Related question, when I do get that sixth team member on defense, are you still able to use 6-member teams even if you fall out of Tier 19? 

21 minutes ago, uhmuzing said:

I guess I'm wondering if someone can explain to me what kind of Defensive Heroes and Blessings work to reduce Lift Loss. 

Only Dark and Anima Mythic Heroes and blessings count for Lift loss reduction and only during their corresponding seasons. (Legendary Heroes that match the current Arena season count as having all four of Light, Dark, Astra, and Anima blessings in Aether Raids.)

Mythic Heroes after the second one don't count for defense, so the optimal setup is to have 2 Dark/Anima Mythic Heroes and 4 blessed units.

25 minutes ago, uhmuzing said:

Related question, when I do get that sixth team member on defense, are you still able to use 6-member teams even if you fall out of Tier 19? 

No, the 6th team slot will be temporarily locked until you return to Tier 19.

Hi there, i recently got back after more than a couple of years and there's so much new things! My quadruple Distant Counter tank lineup are now papers and can barely win in the arena.

Anyways, Few questions:

1. I would like to ask if those accesories on "Equip Accesories" do ever come back?

2. With the recent power creep it seemed like the first generation heroes are so much weaker so I would like to ask  my unmearged Quadsuna with 45 spd is now trash? 

3. Is there new stats aoe buffs other than grants ATK/DEF/SPD/RES to units 2 spaces away?

4. On the summon page there are currently 6 banners, is that the max number of banners nowadays? is there a link for the future banners? 

Thank you so much.

3 hours ago, Steilison said:

1. I would like to ask if those accesories on "Equip Accesories" do ever come back?

If you mean "come back" as in having another chance to obtain ones that you missed, they have rerun only a few of them so far. Aside from the golden accessories from Abyssal challenges, we haven't had any permanent or rotating reruns, though.

2. With the recent power creep it seemed like the first generation heroes are so much weaker so I would like to ask  my unmearged Quadsuna with 45 spd is now trash? 

No unit in this game is completely unusable, but some will require a lot more investment to use effectively in more difficult game modes.

As for Setsuna specifically, she's always had the issue of having low Atk, making it difficult to use her against even moderately tanky opponents, especially since bows don't have many options for directly boosting damage output.

3. Is there new stats aoe buffs other than grants ATK/DEF/SPD/RES to units 2 spaces away?

The Drive series of skills grants in-combat buffs to allies within 2 squares.

The Tactic series of skills grants field buffs to allies within 2 squares, but only to allies that share a movement type with no more than 1 other unit on the team.

The Even Wave and Odd Wave series of skills grant field buffs to adjacent allies and the unit with the skill equipped, but only on even or odd turns.

The Joint Hone series of skills grants field buffs to adjacent allies and the unit with the skill equipped.

The Opening and Gap series of skills grant field buffs to a specific unit on the team, typically the highest in a stat or stats (in the event of a tie, all tied units receive the buff).

And there is a handful of exclusive skills and weapons that also grant these and similar effects.

4. On the summon page there are currently 6 banners, is that the max number of banners nowadays? is there a link for the future banners? 

There is no max to the number of banners. During big events (like the anniversary event), there can easily be a dozen banners running at the same time.

Future banners can be seen in the upcoming events calendar on the notifications board in-game and on the Twitter. We have threads for each calendar each time they're announced. Here's the most recent one:

Edited by Ice Dragon

Can I say I'm in a tough spot...like really tough spot... I don't know who to pick but I am leaning towards Finn...because A he's a Grail unit and B...well his skills:

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_03_22_11_31_27_b

Compared to the rest of them:

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_03_22_11_31_35_b

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_03_22_11_31_41_b

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_03_22_11_31_48_b

I miss my Altean Groom Marth that I'd built up.  He would have hands down had the forma soul...but alas, I can't go with him 😧

So I have these four forma units and would like to know who I should pick for the use of the forma soul?  Also I don't really get the actual explanation of the forma souls.  I know that the forma units can't be used for SI or be merged into a different base (so god forbid I get a Lucina forma or male Grima forma, they'd be useless because I'd lose my IV copies which no matter what skills they have I don't want to trade for IVs).  But that's about it.

ETA With SI does it go both ways in that the forma can't inherit skills?

Edited by TheSilentChloey

18 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I have these four forma units and would like to know who I should pick for the use of the forma soul?  Also I don't really get the actual explanation of the forma souls.  I know that the forma units can't be used for SI or be merged into a different base (so god forbid I get a Lucina forma or male Grima forma, they'd be useless because I'd lose my IV copies which no matter what skills they have I don't want to trade for IVs).  But that's about it.

ETA With SI does it go both ways in that the forma can't inherit skills?

Using the Forma Soul gives you the unit permanently excluding their merges and Sacred Seal. The unit will be otherwise exactly as it is on the tin with no asset or flaw. The unit cannot be used as fodder for merges or Skill Inheritance, but can be used as the base for merges and Skill Inheritance.

If you are picky about assets and flaws, it's best to go with units that cannot have assets or flaws, in this case, Finn. Otherwise, pick the unit that is most useful and stack the hell out of their skills.

Edited by Ice Dragon

23 hours ago, Steilison said:

Setsuna should still be fine for non Aether Raids modes. I use her for Arena Assault without a Sacred Seal, so she can still handle squishy units and fliers just fine, although she will have trouble dealing with regular tanks since she does not have a Sacred Seal to give her more stats. She will still have issues dealing with tanks with high Def and/or Special prevention though even when pimped out with the best skill set.

I recommend running +Atk rather than +Spd. Brave Bow's Atk deficit is more problematic than the Spd deficit. If you are planning to pimp her out, I recommend something like the following:

Setsuna
+Atk, -HP
Brave Bow
Reposition
Luna
Brazen Atk/Spd — (Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
Def Smoke — Savage Blow — (Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd

Setsuna +Atk +0+0 should reach 54 Atk and 49 Spd, or 60 Atk and 55 Spd with full Tactics buff.

If you are keeping her unmerged, I strongly recommend running -HP to make it easier for her to reach Desperation range. A level 1 Bolt Trap or recoil damage from Líf or DW!Berkut will cause 10 damage, and if you run Fury 4 (8 recoil damage), she will immediately enter Wings of Mercy range after one round of combat. She can still maintain this advantage at +0+10 (no merges but with full Dragonflowers).

This may sound completely mad, but I just pulled my first Lysithea, her IVs aren't terrible. But nothing fantastic (+res -HP)

I am very tempted to fodder her off to my +8 Katarina (soon to be +10 once her next rerun hits) That Lull spd / res looks to be fantastic.

Katarina is one of my favorite characters in the series, while Lysithea is someone I like, but far from a favorite of mine. And I am a firm believer in decking out your favorites over using whatever newest shiny powercreep comes out. So in this exact case, could someone list the pros and cons of sacking / keeping her in this case?

Katarina already has swift sparrow 3 and atk spd oath. Sacked a legendary Celica duplicate I got on her first run a few months ago for them.

Edited by Faellin

So is Kronya considered good? 

I just upgraded her to 5 stars. She seems to be often struggling with actually killing her opponents, the area of effect debuff is quite nice, least it would be if the rest of my heroes didn't nearly always kill targets in one round. Seriously, I don't think I have seen anything ever survive a round of combat against Edelgard for Lysithea. Lysithea often makes damage in the lines of 60 or more X2, which is like three times over what they need to kill.

Will there ever be a time where I would need to debuff the enemy, resilience or defence with Kronya to be able to kill an opponent with Edelgard for Lysithea?

18 minutes ago, Faellin said:

This may sound completely mad, but I just pulled my first Lysithea, her IVs aren't terrible. But nothing fantastic (+res -HP)

I am very tempted to fodder her off to my +8 Katarina (soon to be +10 once her next rerun hits) That Lull spd / res looks to be fantastic.

Katarina is one of my favorite characters in the series, while Lysithea is someone I like, but far from a favorite of mine. And I am a firm believer in decking out your favorites over using whatever newest shiny powercreep comes out. So in this exact case, could someone list the pros and cons of sacking / keeping her in this case?

Katarina already has swift sparrow 3 and atk spd oath. Sacked a legendary Celica duplicate I got on her first run a few months ago for them.

While I really like Lysithea, there are few targets that she isn't able to kill in a single round of combat, plus she gets her special pretty much every round. I can definitely understand wanting to use and upgrade your favourites, I intend to do the same with Edelgard. Just because I like her character, even if someone else is technically better.

59 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Are you looking for performance? Lull Spd/Res is not the best B skill for Katarina in my opinion. If you are going for a regular Desperation nuke, Time's Pulse is more useful in my opinion. Skills from Lysithea in bold underlined red.

Desperation Nuke:
+Spd
Rauðrblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C) — Time's Pulse — Res Smoke — Savage Blow
Brazen Atk/Spd — (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

I do not think being a one shot nuke suits Katarina, due to the hassle of trying to line up her Ploys, and other units can do one shot builds better; and as a one shot nuke, she needs Special Spiral, not Lull Spd/Res. Lysithea can use Lull Spd/Res because she has a Slaying tome and got Time's Pulse on her C slot, but I still think Special Spiral is a stronger option in my opinion so she can upgrade Moonbow to Luna.

Moonbow Spam:
+Atk
Reese's Tome [special]
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow — Fury (for more reliable Ploys)
Special Spiral
(Any C) — Res Smoke — Savage Blow
Death Blow

Blazing Spam
+Atk
Reese's Tome [special]
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Blazing Light
Life and Death — Fury (for more reliable Ploys)
Special Spiral
(Any C) — Res Smoke — Savage Blow
Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade
Katarina does not hit particularly hard nor fast, so switch her Sacred Seal Blade skill as necessary.

Overall, I do not think Lysithea has much to offer for Katarina. Do you have any other units you like besides Katarina?

1 hour ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

So is Kronya considered good? 

She is very niche and is primarily used in Aether Raids. She is really good, but she is also extremely expensive to build if you want her to fulfill her full potential, since she also needs a team built around her.

I just upgraded her to 5 stars. She seems to be often struggling with actually killing her opponents, the area of effect debuff is quite nice, least it would be if the rest of my heroes didn't nearly always kill targets in one round. Seriously, I don't think I have seen anything ever survive a round of combat against Edelgard for Lysithea. Lysithea often makes damage in the lines of 60 or more X2, which is like three times over what they need to kill.

Will there ever be a time where I would need to debuff the enemy, resilience or defence with Kronya to be able to kill an opponent with Edelgard for Lysithea?

That is not how most people use Kronya or dagger units in general. If you need a stat debuffer, it is much easier to use a Chill or Sabotage debuffer since they do not need to get into combat in order to debuff. Dagger units are generally used as Enemy Phase tanks with Smoke Dagger or Bottled Juice, or as Counter-Vantage units with Broadleaf Fan. You can use them as Player Phase nukes, but they are outdone by Brave archers and are severely outclassed by Blade mages.

This is how I build my Kronya:
Athame
Reposition
Noontime — Miracle — Moonbow
Close Counter
Null C-Disrupt
Savage Blow
Fierce Stance

A Monstrous Harvest Hector #1:
+HP
Conjurer Curios
Reciprocal Aid
Bonfire
Distant Counter — HP+5
Renewal
Atk Tactic
Panic Ploy — Chill Def — Chill Atk

A Monstrous Harvest Hector #2:
Conjurer Curios
Reciprocal Aid
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Renewal
Atk Tactic
Renewal — Chill Def — Chill Atk

Altina #1:
Ragnell-Alondite
Reposition
Galeforce
Ashera's Chosen
Vantage
Atk Tactic
Brazen Atk/Res

Altina #2 (I do not have this one yet):
+Atk
Ragnell-Alondite
Reposition
Galeforce
Ashera's Chosen
Vantage
Guidance
Brazen Atk/Def

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Overall, I do not think Lysithea has much to offer for Katarina. Do you have any other units you like besides Katarina?

Most of the other mages I like typically are somewhat new and come out perfect as is. Either that or they aren't in the game yet. I'm also working towards the Lewyn combat manual via codes so special spiral should be available to me at some point as well.

But times pulse seems like a good idea, i'll probably just go with that instead. Just Katarina has been a long term project of mine and I want her to be my go-to mage for all content. I'm not one to replace favorites even if they are strictly better in every meta based way like Lysithea is in this situation.

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Steilison said:

whats the fastest way to farm feathers nowadays? Does Rival Domain gives Hero Merit?

I believe that is the fastest way. You may want to check YouTube or elsewhere online to see the most efficient setup for the current map.

On 3/22/2020 at 6:14 PM, XRay said:

Setsuna should still be fine for non Aether Raids modes. I use her for Arena Assault without a Sacred Seal, so she can still handle squishy units and fliers just fine, although she will have trouble dealing with regular tanks since she does not have a Sacred Seal to give her more stats. She will still have issues dealing with tanks with high Def and/or Special prevention though even when pimped out with the best skill set.

I recommend running +Atk rather than +Spd. Brave Bow's Atk deficit is more problematic than the Spd deficit. If you are planning to pimp her out, I recommend something like the following:

Setsuna
+Atk, -HP
Brave Bow
Reposition
Luna
Brazen Atk/Spd — (Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
Def Smoke — Savage Blow — (Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd

Setsuna +Atk +0+0 should reach 54 Atk and 49 Spd, or 60 Atk and 55 Spd with full Tactics buff.

If you are keeping her unmerged, I strongly recommend running -HP to make it easier for her to reach Desperation range. A level 1 Bolt Trap or recoil damage from Líf or DW!Berkut will cause 10 damage, and if you run Fury 4 (8 recoil damage), she will immediately enter Wings of Mercy range after one round of combat. She can still maintain this advantage at +0+10 (no merges but with full Dragonflowers).

Thanks for the info. I'm currently running the firesweep bow, poison strike and savage blow( i wish i had the savage blow seal 😢 ). Currently at Lunatic Book 2 and I loved her still compare to other heroes, I just wish she's a flying unit cause they can do so much more plays..

18 hours ago, XRay said:

I believe that is the fastest way. You may want to check YouTube or elsewhere online to see the most efficient setup for the current map.

So just spam auto battle  it as long as I keep on winning? lets say i spam auto battle on domain 50x? could i recieve max feathers the next day? Thank you

2 hours ago, Steilison said:

Thanks for the info. I'm currently running the firesweep bow, poison strike and savage blow( i wish i had the savage blow seal 😢 ). Currently at Lunatic Book 2 and I loved her still compare to other heroes, I just wish she's a flying unit cause they can do so much more plays..

If she is using Firesweep Bow, then her stats do not matter as much, although I still recommend +Atk to make sure she can deal sufficient damage to kill Def tanks if necessary. I personally prefer Flashing Blade or Poison Strike as her Sacred Seal to help her deal with her current target better. As a Firesweeper, her role is to soften up enemies and deal with problematic enemies that regular nukes cannot handle; having high total damage output and killing things quickly and consistently is not her job (that is for regular raw damage nukes like Blade mages and Brave archers), so her stats matter less.

So just spam auto battle  it as long as I keep on winning?

Yes, just spam autobattle.

lets say i spam auto battle on domain 50x? could i recieve max feathers the next day? Thank you

Each time you win a battle, your units get 5 Hero Merit. The max Hero Merit each unit can have is 6,000. If you are taking a unit from 0 to 6,000, you will need to auto battle 1,200 times.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

If she is using Firesweep Bow, then her stats do not matter as much, although I still recommend +Atk to make sure she can deal sufficient damage to kill Def tanks if necessary. I personally prefer Flashing Blade or Poison Strike as her Sacred Seal to help her deal with her current target better. As a Firesweeper, her role is to soften up enemies and deal with problematic enemies that regular nukes cannot handle; having high total damage output and killing things quickly and consistently is not her job (that is for regular raw damage nukes like Blade mages and Brave archers), so her stats matter less.

Yes, just spam autobattle.

Each time you win a battle, your units get 5 Hero Merit. The max Hero Merit each unit can have is 6,000. If you are taking a unit from 0 to 6,000, you will need to auto battle 1,200 times.

Cool!, I do have poison strike but i didn't notice there's a poison stike seal, awesome!

its pretty cool that they are spammable, we got to play while waiting for stamina. 

So do you think bonfire or galeforce is superior on Edelgard if combined with heavy blade? Considering I saw this recommended before I assume either is better than her basic special of Luna. 

The only skill that was recommended earlier. I haven't been able to get is lull attack defense. If I managed to do get Dimitri guess I could sacrifice him for that, but I wouldn't really want to do that. Is there another skill that works for Edelgard on that slot but is better than dull close 3?

Edit: seen some arguments that Edelgard is actually too strong for galeforce as she apparently oneshots enemies frequently before it can even activate.

Edited by Darkmoon6789

53 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

So do you think bonfire or galeforce is superior on Edelgard if combined with heavy blade? Considering I saw this recommended before I assume either is better than her basic special of Luna. 

Depends on what you need her to do.

Bonfire is for damage output. As a raw damage nuke, her purpose is to kill things.

Galeforce is for mobility. She trades away some of her performance from Bonfire for better mobility.

Bonfire is significantly cheaper. Galeforce requires 20,000 Feathers on Cordelia; 20,000 Feathers is not that expensive for veteran players, but it might be expensive for a new player.

The only skill that was recommended earlier. I haven't been able to get is lull attack defense. If I managed to do get Dimitri guess I could sacrifice him for that, but I wouldn't really want to do that. Is there another skill that works for Edelgard on that slot but is better than dull close 3?

Dull Close is her next best option, which she already has.

Desert Mercenaries Ephraim and Chrom: Crowned Exalt also have Lull Atk/Def.

Edit: seen some arguments that Edelgard is actually too strong for galeforce as she apparently oneshots enemies frequently before it can even activate.

Depends on the mode you are using her in and the map. From my experience in using her in Arena so far, the only units she has some frequency of one shotting are ranged units. She is not able to one shot most melee units, which are her primary targets. As a dual phase unit, she should not have an issue with activating Galeforce, since enemies will also charge up her Galeforce on Enemy Phase.

If you have an issue with her one shotting things, you can replace her Atk/Def Solo with Fort. Def/Res, which is available from Kliff and Idunn. Def/Res Solo is also available from Duma. If you want a more affordable version, Fortress Def is available from Seth.

Edited by XRay

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

Depends on what you need her to do.

Bonfire is for damage output. As a raw damage nuke, her purpose is to kill things.

Galeforce is for mobility. She trades away some of her performance from Bonfire for better mobility.

Bonfire is significantly cheaper. Galeforce requires 20,000 Feathers on Cordelia; 20,000 Feathers is not that expensive for veteran players, but it might be expensive for a new player.

Dull Close is her next best option, which she already has.

Desert Mercenaries Ephraim and Chrom: Crowned Exalt also have Lull Atk/Def.

Depends on the mode you are using her in and the map. From my experience in using her in Arena so far, the only units she has some frequency of one shotting are ranged units. She is not able to one shot most melee units, which are her primary targets. As a dual phase unit, she should not have an issue with activating Galeforce, since enemies will also charge up her Galeforce on Enemy Phase.

If you have an issue with her one shotting things, you can replace her Atk/Def Solo with Fort. Def/Res, which is available from Kliff and Idunn. Def/Res Solo is also available from Duma. If you want a more affordable version, Fortress Def is available from Seth.

I was thinking of getting the resplendent hero version of Cordelia and sacrificing her for galeforce. But I am not sure if that is worth it just to teach Edelgard one skill. 

I guess I would also need some kind of setup for Lysithea, but she's doing great, even with her original skills. Very few things ever survive her. I also made Kronya work with the addition of deathblow to make sure she actually finishes off her targets more easily, which she otherwise struggle with, otherwise I have not really been able to replace her basic skills.

The next hero I want to upgrade to 5 star is probably Arvis. Is he any good? Is the kind of area of effect specials he has in his basic skills considered to be good? I also find his regeneration ring to be quite interesting. How does he compare to the likes of Lysithea or Micaiah when it comes to spellcasters? 

I was thinking of getting the resplendent hero version of Cordelia and sacrificing her for galeforce. But I am not sure if that is worth it just to teach Edelgard one skill. 

I would just give Bonfire to Edelgard first. Galeforce can come later when you have more resources.

I guess I would also need some kind of setup for Lysithea, but she's doing great, even with her original skills. Very few things ever survive her.

The only thing Lysithea really needs to fulfill her current niche better is Special Spiral and Luna. Until you can get Special Spiral, just stick with Moonbow for now.

I also made Kronya work with the addition of deathblow to make sure she actually finishes off her targets more easily, which she otherwise struggle with, otherwise I have not really been able to replace her basic skills.

While you can turn Kronya into a Player Phase nuke, I do not recommend it since there are far better options for that role, such as Claude and Bernadetta. I do not recommend building Kronya until you have more resources later. Kronya is a good unit, but she is a very niche Counter-Vantage unit, and she is not great for much else.

If you insist on using her as a Player Phase unit anyways, I recommend the following skills:

Barb Shuriken [Spd] — Athame (with Savage Blow)
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) — Life and Death — Fury
Desperation
(Any C) — Savage Blow
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Brazen Atk/Spd

For her Weapon, I recommend Barb Shuriken since it is more consistent. Athame has consistency issues due to requiring enemies to have less than 100% HP to work, but Savage Blow can somewhat help with that.

I do NOT recommend Death Blow on her A slot. Death Blow is generally for slow Brave units, which Kronya is not. If she is built as a Player Phase nuke, Kronya is best as a Desperation nuke, which means she needs an A skill that like Life and Death or Fury that boosts Atk AND Spd. For her Sacred Seal slot, I strongly recommend Brazen Atk/Spd to boost her stats further.

The next hero I want to upgrade to 5 star is probably Arvis. Is he any good?

He is not the best, but he is workable.

Is the kind of area of effect specials he has in his basic skills considered to be good?

Area Specials are good, but Arvis is ill suited for that role. If you insist anyways, you can run something like the following:

Valflame
Reposition
(Any Blazing Special)
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C)
Heavy Blade

Keep in mind that Arvis has Growing Flame. While other nukes can make Growing Specials work, they have far better Atk to compensate for Growing Specials' lower damage. Arvis lacks that high Atk stat that others have, so I recommend switching to Blazing Specials. Blazing Wind and Blazing Light are the most useful Blazing Specials.

I also find his regeneration ring to be quite interesting.

It is a waste on him since he does not have a high enough HP to make him an effective healer. If you want to turn him into a healer anyways, you can give him the following build:

(Any Refinable Weapon)
Res Refinement
Reciprocal Aid — Ardent Sacrifice
(Any Special)
HP+5
Recover Ring
(Any C)
HP+5

How does he compare to the likes of Lysithea or Micaiah when it comes to spellcasters?

He really sucks compared to those two, but he is still usable though as a Player Phase unit:

Rauðrblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Remember that as a Desperation nuke, Arvis will need an A skill that boosts Atk and Spd, and not just Atk, so try not to give him Death Blow. Save Death Blow for units like Reinhardt or Cherche who would appreciate it far more.

— — — — — — —

If you have not built any Dancers/Singers yet, I strongly recommend you build one as soon as possible so you can better support your Player Phase units.

Edited by XRay

That would be my current build with Edelgard, probably my most fleshed out hero yet. Everything looking good?

I guess Arvis is redundant as I got units that does his role better.

I guess the deathblow on Kronya is a placeholder until I can get something better

Screenshot_20200326-050800.png