Ice Dragon's stats research: Stats, calculations, and whatnot

Ice Dragon

6 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

I upgraded my Nino to +4 yesterday. Got the same arena scores as with my reinhardt+1 who has a weaker bst of 20. 171 compared to 151.

What am I doing wrong?

What are their skill sets? And seals, for that matter.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

What are their skill sets? And seals, for that matter.

Nino has hp+3 reinhardt atk+1

Nino has moonbow drawback and hone attack. Still waiting on a and b skill

Reinhardt has luna reposition vantage and goad cavalry

So pretty much comparable. Bst-wise there is a gap of about 20 between the two

1 hour ago, Prince Endriu said:

I upgraded my Nino to +4 yesterday. Got the same arena scores as with my reinhardt+1 who has a weaker bst of 20. 171 compared to 151.

What am I doing wrong?

The BST gain from skills like fury are not taken into account. Also the SP cost from the equipped skills have some weight in scoring. Reinhardt has got a unique tome which costs 400 SP, Nino's tome cost only 300 SP for example. 

/Edit: also non 5* get a penalty. 

Edited by mampfoid

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The BST gain from skills like fury are not taken into account. Also the SP cost from the equipped skills have some weight in scoring. Reinhardt has got a unique tome which costs 400 SP, Nino's tome cost only 300 SP for example. 

/Edit: also non 5* get a penalty. 

Still got no fury for nino. Without seal her bst is 168. Reinhardts is 151. 17bst difference.

Overall I find this arena scoring a little bit foggy. I had to burn about 15 crests yesterday to get at least 690 per battle. Most of the battles on offer were like 686-688. Kind of annoying. Hope they wilk fix this one day or share at least how those points come by. Otherwise its just trial and error. Lets say if I had promoted Reinhardt instead of nino I might have been better off - now its too late and I will have to wait a couple of weeks until I can TRY and find out.

6 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Still got no fury for nino. Without seal her bst is 168. Reinhardts is 151. 17bst difference.

Overall I find this arena scoring a little bit foggy. I had to burn about 15 crests yesterday to get at least 690 per battle. Most of the battles on offer were like 686-688. Kind of annoying. Hope they wilk fix this one day or share at least how those points come by. Otherwise its just trial and error. Lets say if I had promoted Reinhardt instead of nino I might have been better off - now its too late and I will have to wait a couple of weeks until I can TRY and find out.

Depending on her nature, Ninos 5* BST is 147-148 and Reinhardts 144-145. BST gain from merges and weapons are not taken into account for arena. 

3 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

Nino has moonbow drawback and hone attack. Still waiting on a and b skill

Just to clarify, are you saying your Nino has no A or B skill equipped at all?  I think leaving those empty will decrease your score by a decent amount.

9 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Merges are not?

So how can you get 7144 points without merges?

Merges are taken into account, but not the additional stat points you gain from merging. I use the following formula for arena. It's not exact and you can't calculate your exact score, but enough to compare your units to decide who is worth to send to arena:

Merges + 150 + (BST/10) + (SP SUM of all equipped skills / 200)

It's less exact for 4* units, I don't know what penalty they should get. Calculated SP is the original value, not with the 1.5 factor from inheritance. 

19 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Just to clarify, are you saying your Nino has no A or B skill equipped at all?  I think leaving those empty will decrease your score by a decent amount.

Yeah...

I didnt equip resistance 3 because I was saving sp for fury...

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Merges are taken into account, but not the additional stat points you gain from merging. I use the following formula for arena. It's not exact and you can't calculate your exact score, but enough to compare your units to decide who is worth to send to arena:

Merges + 150 + (BST/10) + (SP SUM of all equipped skills / 200)

It's less exact for 4* units, I don't know what penalty they should get. Calculated SP is the original value, not with the 1.5 factor from inheritance. 

I see, thanks

2 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

Yeah...

I didnt equip resistance 3 because I was saving sp for fury...

Ah, I think that's why Nino was giving you less points.  Also, Rein has a special tome (Dire Thunder) and it sounds like he has 2 skills equipped instead of Nino's 1.  If you fill up all of your skill slots, you will get a higher score.  :): 

I am in a small dillema.

I got an Inigo which is +atk-spd, gave hime TA3, bowbreaker and gronnraven. Bowlyn and Reinhardt dont pose a problem to him. 

So I got a new Inigo, he is +spd-res.

I am not sure which one should be merged. The -spd Inigo performs well, reins speed is low anyway and bowbreaker outspeeds bowlyn.

Even a -atk Inigo would do the same job.

Is there any reasonable advantage to prefer the +spd-res nature?  

1 minute ago, Prince Endriu said:

I am in a small dillema.

I got an Inigo which is +atk-spd, gave hime TA3, bowbreaker and gronnraven. Bowlyn and Reinhardt dont pose a problem to him. 

So I got a new Inigo, he is +spd-res.

I am not sure which one should be merged. The -spd Inigo performs well, reins speed is low anyway and bowbreaker outspeeds bowlyn.

Even a -atk Inigo would do the same job.

Is there any reasonable advantage to prefer the +spd-res nature?  

Wrong thread, mate.

• 1 month later...

@Ice Dragon something came up in another discussion and made me wonder, do you have enough data to figure out how the natures are rolled? like are they 1RN where each nature is pre-generated and stored as individuals to ensure equal chances between each, or 2RN where one is generated first (and if neutral it forces neutral, or if the other is the same stat that forces neutral) giving a higher proportion of neutrals?

This would be especially helpful for some other projects I have.

6 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

@Ice Dragon something came up in another discussion and made me wonder, do you have enough data to figure out how the natures are rolled? like are they 1RN where each nature is pre-generated and stored as individuals to ensure equal chances between each, or 2RN where one is generated first (and if neutral it forces neutral, or if the other is the same stat that forces neutral) giving a higher proportion of neutrals?

This would be especially helpful for some other projects I have.

Indeed, I do have enough data. The data shows that each of the 21 natures is equally likely.

• 1 month later...

Random things I've tested recently that I haven't yet put here for my own reference:

• At the start of the turn, buffs on your units wear off first, then debuffs on opponents are applied (simultaneously, meaning all debuffs perform their comparisons first, including debuffs without comparisons, then debuffs hit all at once), then buffs on your units are applied, then healing skills activate.
    • Thokk does not activate against a unit whose HP is dropped below the debuff threshold by Sinmara if the unit's HP was above the threshold before Sinmara's effect hits.
    • Atk Ploy does not activate against a unit whose Res is higher than the unit's base Res, but is lower than the unit's buffed Res (Fortify Armor was already active from the previous turn and was refreshed on the current turn).
  • Panicked bonuses are not counted by Blizzard's effect. Only proper penalties count.

• 2 weeks later...

I had some time to burn. Faye already had Assassin’s Bow (for her current Guard Bow set) and Daggerbreaker (I gave her almost every breaker for Brave Bow shenanigans a long time ago) learned, so I figured I’d see if I could find a nice vanilla New Year’s Takumi in AA to run a quick test on. She (27 Spd) did double attack, and Takumi (34 Spd) did not.

Spoiler

Regrettably, Faye did not survive the EP.

• 1 month later...

Quick test on how Niu works:

Nowi with 53 Atk and Triangle Adept 3 with +0/0/6/6 bonuses. Laegjarn with 18 Res.

Nowi has 74 effective Atk, which should result in 56 damage without Niu's boosts. Nowi actually deals 50 damage.

This means Niu added +6 Res to Laegjarn's stats, which corroborates my original assumption based on the skill text that Niu's effect is "add all bonuses on the opponent, multiply by 0.5, round down, then add that to all four of Atk, Spd, Def, and Res".

In other words, every 2 points of bonuses on the opponent adds +1/1/1/1 to Laegjarn's stats. An opponent with +6/6/6/6 would cause Laegjarn's stats to increase by +12/12/12/12.