Grand Hero Battle

Suichimo

rgcQnsv.gif

Our first enemy is pretty clearly the mega narcissist, Narshen.

With this coming out around the same time as the poll results, could this possibly tie in?

Edited by Suichimo

Oh my gosh, Wolt won the poll? :P:

Probably not.  However, this looks absolutely amazing, and I hope we can recruit him.  I-it's not because I trained Virion and Gordin, I swear!

I wonder if he's gonna show up like those "Emergency Quests" that are common in gasha games. You select a normal mission to enter, then, randomly, Narcian swoops in to interrupt, and you can choose whether or not to do his emergency quest.

I think the Japanese tweet implies that it'll just be another special map, but that's based off of very little Japanese knowledge combined with Google translate.

6 minutes ago, Kirie said:

I think the Japanese tweet implies that it'll just be another special map, but that's based off of very little Japanese knowledge combined with Google translate.

Ah yes, I just went and looked, and they specifically said it's going to be a special map in the Tweet. Oh well.

Also, that Narcian is only going to be 3*? What a bummer.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ah yes, I just went and looked, and they specifically said it's going to be a special map in the Tweet. Oh well.

Also, that Narcian is only going to be 3*? What a bummer.

Is that what that part means? I wasn't quite sure.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, they say "A chance to get a 3* character!", as if that's something amazing....

Well, the other special maps give 1 ★  and 2 ★ heroes, so it's better than that. I guess "a chance to get a 3 ★ character without paying orbs" would be a better way to put it. :p I mean, still not great, but if he's any good, you can upgrade him, too.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Probably not.  However, this looks absolutely amazing, and I hope we can recruit him.  I-it's not because I trained Virion and Gordin, I swear!

Wolt should win the poll, as he is the greatest, yeah?  I'd be totally down with my actual favorite character randomly snagging victory.

I like how Narcian is a "Grand Hero."  Despite pretty much all of his actions in FE6 are to make you hate him or laugh at him, and generally being one of the least heroic characters in the series.  Heck, one of the first things we see him do in the game is abandon his post to a low level knight to lech on a sixteen year old girl.  

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

clips, please. That's clearly Tomas.

-Any hopes on special narcian-exclusive stuff? I never got to fight him in my FE6 run; does he have any spec wpn?

41 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Wolt should win the poll, as he is the greatest, yeah?  I'd be totally down with my actual favorite character randomly snagging victory.

I like how Narcian is a "Grand Hero."  Despite pretty much all of his actions in FE6 are to make you hate him or laugh at him, and generally being one of the least heroic characters in the series.  Heck, one of the first things we see him do in the game is abandon his post to a low level knight to lech on a sixteen year old girl.  

Thing is, he TOTALLY would call himself a "Grand Hero" :D

So it does fit!

9 minutes ago, Elieson said:

clips, please. That's clearly Tomas.

-Any hopes on special narcian-exclusive stuff? I never got to fight him in my FE6 run; does he have any spec wpn?

He has the Runesword, if it counts, it's not technically exclusive to him but he's the only enemy I can think of who has one, and the player cannot obtain it in the main campaign.

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

He has the Runesword, if it counts, it's not technically exclusive to him but he's the only enemy I can think of who has one, and the player cannot obtain it in the main campaign.

Hmm.

FWIW Runesword doesn't exist in the code of the game; considering he has an Axe, that's bothersome ;_;

17 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Hmm.

FWIW Runesword doesn't exist in the code of the game; considering he has an Axe, that's bothersome ;_;

Funnily enough, Narcian can't even equip axes in FE6 proper, only lances and swords.  And he only uses the latter in the main story, the former's only relevant when the player is controlling him in the trial maps.

That isn't Narcian, 0/10 the sprite lies.

I'm going to spitball what his set up might be for fun:

HP: Average / Attack: High / Speed: Average / Defence: Sub-Par / Res: Low

Brave Axe

Sol

Fury

Defiant Attack

---

Having a high amount of offensive skills fits him imo. Thinks very highly of himself and flies off the handle if things don't go well (hence Fury and Defiant Attack). Sol is to fill in for the lack of Runeswords in the game.  

@TheNiddo I'm predicting he'll have Iote's Shield or one of those such abilities; IIRC he had the item that blocked bonus damage on fliers in his chapter, and given that he's a promotional unit, it would sort of make sense.

9 hours ago, Thany said:

"must be our most dangerous foe yet" boosh i burned him alive with fae.

And Fae is in the game.... could do it again lol.

3 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Funnily enough, Narcian can't even equip axes in FE6 proper, only lances and swords.  And he only uses the latter in the main story, the former's only relevant when the player is controlling him in the trial maps.

That isn't Narcian, 0/10 the sprite lies.

I guess it's just a retcon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So far all wyvern riders in the game have been axe-users (sword/lance fliers are always peg knights) so I guess they're just trying to establish a trend here even though a lance is really the only practical weapon for a mounted aerial unit to use but shrug

BTW, this event was already teased in the Twitter Q and As.

Presumably more enemy generals will be recruited this way, i.e. Ursula, Camus..

I'm assuming Navarre as well? Maybe Xander too? Nah, they'd never give HIM away XD

27 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

BTW, this event was already teased in the Twitter Q and As.

Presumably more enemy generals will be recruited this way, i.e. Ursula, Camus..

I'm assuming Navarre as well? Maybe Xander too? Nah, they'd never give HIM away XD

Is Zephiel currently available? I'd love to get a 5* Zeph on my team.