So the final poll results are here

Lightchao42

9 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

Am I the only one who is actually starting to question the choice to include Lords (and Avatars) in the poll? Let's leave aside the fact that I don't particularly like most of them: they dominate the competition so much it's not even funny. I think it would have been a much more interesting poll had hey decided to leave them out.

Also, FE4 did so bad I'm kind of changing my mind about a possible FE4 remake... so little love for my little gem... :cry:

Sigurd came in 27th, which is pretty damn good IMO.  So don't give up hope yet!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I wrong to think that Ike having 2 places is unfair?

I know they are different in age and looks but it's still the same character.

Edited by Nym

1 hour ago, Nym said:

Am I wrong to think that Ike having 2 places is unfair?

I know they are different in age and looks but it's still the same character.

The main reason I hate the vote splitting. I honestly thought they would realize that one character should not be taking two spots and merge all the votes. Though I do wonder what they would have done if Ike was 1st and 2nd. :p

Edited by Blade_of_Light

The boys I voted for:

Henry        - 20th place
Donnel        - 23rd place
Morgan M    - 131st place
Edward        - 182nd place
Kana M        - 191st place
Ricken        - 203rd place
Ewan        - 252nd place
Nils        - 285th place
Hayato        - 312nd place
Rolf (FE9)    - 359th place
Sothe (FE9)- 364th place
Leonardo    - 393rd place
Tormod (FE9)    - 412nd place

Eh, I expected this. But, I mean, out of 800 characters, that's not bad at all. I'm proud of my sons. 

Oh wow, I wish I saw @Elieson 's super organized post while writing my analysis... oh well. I'll definitely have to write another post and credit you for it! Great job on that!

I wrote a lengthy analysis on the results on my blog if anyone is interested.

Regarding characters, my two votes who placed highest were Mia (made it to top 20 women!) and Lilina (49th, yay for barely making Top 50!) xD

I feel like some characters who have distinct and different designs and (sometimes) personalities depending on game (like Ike and Karel) are probably fine to have both represented.

I feel like most characters should've just been one, but some could be split.
I hate RD Ike personally so I had no issue with him being split, but I could see where some would take an issue since how they handled some of the games was dumb.

Anyways I'm fine with the results for the most part. Pretty good representation for most games in the top 20's, at least for the most part, all things considering.

My thoughts in regards to vote splitting, and how my version of the merged list works, is that they presented it as they did, merged in post, and if a winner had multiple designs (like Ike, Tiki or Anna), the favourite design would be used.