Arena Missions added.

Zapp Branniglenn

A new section of missions was just added that revolve completely around the Arena mode. They have the same time limit as the February Quests, implying that you have to the end of the month to complete them. Rewards include 2000 feathers and 10 dueling crests from the first three, and I assume there will be Hard and Lunatic quests you can unlock for even greater reward amounts. Here are the Normal difficulty quests:

Win 20 Arena Duels on any difficulty - awards 1000 feathers

Win 10 Intermediate or higher Arena Duels - awards 1000 feathers

Win 5 Arena Duels on any difficulty - awards 10 Dueling Crests

Hard difficulty quests are:

Win 40 Arena Duels on any difficulty - awards 1000 feathers

Win 20 Intermediate or higher Arena Duels - awards 1000 feathers

Win 10 Arena Duels on any difficulty - awards 20 Dueling Crests

If anybody can confirm that there are higher difficulty  quests unlocked after completing these three, I can add them to the list. Happy Hunting!

Edited by Gustavos

38 minutes ago, Florete said:

Looks like they heard the complaints about needing a lot of feathers and not getting enough.

Also, take more dueling crests so you can earn...more dueling crests.

I.  Will.  Take.  It!

The feathers are welcome, and I'll definitely need those Crests if the third set of missions is "win X amount of arena duels on Advanced".  I heart my team and all, but I'm realistic!

Plowed through the first set of missions on normal. Hard missions are win 40 arena duels on any difficulty for 1000 more feathers, 20 on intermediate or higher for 1000 as well, and 10 on any difficulty for 10 more crests. 

I hope lunatic doesn't just make us do 60 for 1000 feathers. Oh well, once I finish these I can finally promote Anna to gold~

Edited by leingodf8

1 hour ago, Gustavos said:

A new section of missions was just added that revolve completely around the Arena mode. They have the same time limit as the February Quests, implying that you have to the end of the month to complete them. Rewards include 2000 feathers and 10 dueling crests from the first three, and I assume there will be Hard and Lunatic quests you can unlock for even greater reward amounts. Here are the Normal difficulty quests:

Win 20 Arena Duels on any difficulty - awards 1000 feathers

Win 10 Intermediate or higher Arena Duels - awards 1000 feathers

Win 5 Arena Duels on any difficulty - awards 10 Dueling Crests

If anybody can confirm that there are higher difficulty  quests unlocked after completing these three, I can add them to the list. Happy Hunting!

can confirm that there is a hard set.

This is a really nice step IMO. that's at least 6k guaranteed feathers a month AND thirty crests to use when we're out of stamina. 

Approve/10

It's nice to see that Nintendo listened to their fans and made the whole feather thing easier. This means I can finally boost some four star characters up a notch.... eventually.

I get the impression that the arena quests are permanent, and they won't be refreshed, unlike the named monthly quests. If they were monthly, they would probably be named "February Arena" as opposed to just "Arena".

Edit: Just realised there's a "Days left" box. So I'm wrong, and this will certainly end in February. Maybe they do get refreshed every month. Yay.

Edited by Raven

19 minutes ago, Star said:

This is super generous of them, and I hope its a good indication of where the devs are going with the game in regards to listening to its fanbase!

Yeah it really does show that they care. Hopefully they're working on something to combat against the stamina and orbs problem.

7 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Yeah it really does show that they care. Hopefully they're working on something to combat against the stamina and orbs problem.

Especially, when we still aren't getting the characters that we want and already sending most of them home for feathers.

-----

Thank God that they've listened to our demands. I want to 5 Star Sheena and Anna already. -.-

8 hours ago, leingodf8 said:

Plowed through the first set of missions on normal. Hard missions are win 40 arena duels on any difficulty for 1000 more feathers, 20 on intermediate or higher for 1000 as well, and 10 on any difficulty for 10 more crests. 

I hope lunatic doesn't just make us do 60 for 1000 feathers. Oh well, once I finish these I can finally promote Anna to gold~

Ah, thanks very much. I added the Hard quests to the OP.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Is this going to be a monthly thing now, or is it just for this month?

The time limit for these arena quests is the same for the February Quests, so it's reasonable to assume they'll be reset at the beginning of March.

Assuming a 30 day month and three arena tries per day, you can knock out up to 90 arena matches without having to consume a Dueling Crest. But since there are only 19 days left of February, I believe people will be forced to consume dueling crests in order to satisfy the Lunatic quest for this month. I'm expecting 60 rounds of Arena, or even 80.

They could do one last favour for us and scale the amount of reward feathers to 2000 each for hard and 4000 each for lunatic. The effort to fight and beat 20 Lunatic, 20 Intermediate, then another 40 easy opponents for the sake of a total of 2000 feathers is quite daunting.

1 hour ago, Raven said:

They could do one last favour for us and scale the amount of reward feathers to 2000 each for hard and 4000 each for lunatic. The effort to fight and beat 20 Lunatic, 20 Intermediate, then another 40 easy opponents for the sake of a total of 2000 feathers is quite daunting.

I'm in the middle of it, just going all-advanced since I'm trying for ranking anyway :)

40 minutes ago, Wen Yang said:

I'm in the middle of it, just going all-advanced since I'm trying for ranking anyway :)

I've completed a full Advanced 7-win chain twice so far, and my highest score was 3,872. I'm happy with that for the time being. When I unlock the Lunatic arena quests, I guess I'll have no choice but to play more Advanced opponents and maybe I'll beat my score. For now, the Medium quests require only Intermediate wins so I'm rolling with them.

If someone could explain exactly how the scoring works (and how to achieve the highest possible score) that'd be useful.

Edited by Raven

Yeah, well.. Atleast they gave a chance to collect feathers now =D.
Who would have thought we hit a 20k already 1 week ago?
I thought making a 5 star would take me atleast 4-5 weeks.

Just wondering right now how generious they will be with crest next month. I don't wanna waste them, so I'm gonna use these 19x3, I guess.
However I just feel like grinding them right now =D

7 hours ago, Raven said:

Yeah I think it would have made sense to give us more feathers for the harder quests :/ Nevertheless, I'm happy that they're giving us so many feathers via events and quests at all. I thought saving up for my first 4*->5* would take a lot longer (though of course, stuff like getting 10k feathers from a twitter event won't be a regular thing).