New screenshots from online store (+3 more) (+8 ENG)

EDIT2: 8 English screenshots here!

EDIT: 3 more screenshots here!

CTR_P_AJJJ.pt02.jpg

CTR_P_AJJJ.pt03.jpg

While there isn’t a lot of new information to gleam, I believe this is the first time we’ve seen the bottom screen in action.

In the first screenshot, we see Alm battling with his semi-trademark Levin Sword. (Yup, it existed long before Robin made it popular.)

Curiously, each unit’s class (Fighter for Alm and Soldier for the Royal Soldier) is displayed below their Level, which could be handy for newcomers.

Meanwhile, the second screenshot reveals the unit’s status screen. Compared to Awakening and Fates, the status screen looks super slick with the character’s portrait taking up a huge amount of the space.

It’s also vaguely minimalist, with combat stats (Might, Hit rate, Critical rate and Avoid) completely absent, replaced with the generic “Power” (a unit’s overall strength) instead and not a Skill in sight.

That said, there seem to be buttons along the bottom-left corner that could alter the status screen display or display additional information.

The space to the right seems to be reserved for the unit’s weapons, accessories and/or spells. Right now, Alm just has a generic “Sword”, so it’s hard to tell how Echoes intends to handle Gaiden’s unique inventory system.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's with the smiley face next to Alm's health bar? I guess it's to show he's got 100% HP, and that it becomes increasingly troubled the less HP he gets, but I wonder if there's something more to it.

I'm also guessing characters will be able to wield or at least swap between more items now, judging by the massive amount of space below Alm's sword.

It also looks like instead of the (early) shrine battlegrounds all being completely empty surfaces, there are rocks in the way in places.

Since Alm is only level 2 here, I think it's safe to assume that new (female?) villager joins you at the same time as Tobin, Kliff, Gray and Lukas. People had already speculated that, but hey.

Edited by Thane

Just now, pinguyFrank said:

the second screenshot...  the enemies they have... axes?

It was an enemy-only thing in Gaiden as well, so this is not a guarantee that there'll be playable axe-wielding classes.

Edited by Thane

Glad to see that they at least aren't completely copy/pasting maps from the original; hopefully this is a trend that continues, with later/more troublesome maps being quite different from their original versions.

I'm beginning to think TEC is just a re-named skill stat. Maybe just because it sounds cooler or something?

I rave resigned myself to buying both Japanese and English releases from this day on for FE. Haha.

I don't think I'll be helping you with screenshots for the Japanese release.

I think I got enough badgering for one lifetime with the Soleil BS with fates. I'll be staying away from the internet on release day.

Good news is that you can access the Nintendo Store even without a proxy. So it goes to show they did their homework this time with stock and servers.

There doesn't seem to be place reserved for skills on the stat screen. Does that mean skills won't be in the game?

Also note there's no strength/magic, only attack. Meaning both will be covered by the same stat, just like in Gaiden.

The four symbols underneath the stats intrigue me a bit. The magnefying glass probably shows a closeup of the battle animations with stats, like tipping on the character portrait in Awakening/Fates. The Cursor will probably show the minimap, and since the bars are highlighted,it's probably to summon the stat screen, which is currently shown. But what is the fourth symbol? It looks like a sheet of paper with something written on it, so it could be a recap of the story so far, or a reminder for possible map gimmicks.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

So what's with the smiley face next to Alm's health bar?

Did FE2 have status ailments?

10 minutes ago, LionBlade said:

Wait Wait Wait Hol Up! ....Alm with that disrespect tho! XD Alm basically shows that the dab is not dead.

He's not a Dread Fighter, he's a Dab Fighter.

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Did FE2 have status ailments?

No, it didn't. Or, if it did, I missed it completely.

It's funny, the first thing that came to mind was that Alm was well fed or well rested. I wonder if they'll add any such RPG element. Again, it might just be to indicate how much in danger you are, but that feels rather superfluous since you already have a health bar.

Edited by Thane

Damn that UI and character art placement in the bottom screen is gorgeous, I really like how the game's overall design. Kudos to the art directors, graphic designers and hidari.

And the new character's sprite really stands out compared to the rest. I do wonder if they're a new character or an avatar simliar to Kris. Either way, can't wait for more official artwork to be released!

11 minutes ago, dap005 said:

And the new character's sprite really stands out compared to the rest. I do wonder if they're a new character or an avatar simliar to Kris. Either way, can't wait for more official artwork to be released!

Yeah. I have been wondering about this one. If I remember correctly in Alm's route, you don't get a female unit till around the middle to end of Chapter 1. Not to mention she is an odd-one-out compared to all of the male villagers next to her.

Capture4.PNG

28 minutes ago, LionBlade said:

Yeah. I have been wondering about this one. If I remember correctly in Alm's route, you don't get a female unit till around the middle to end of Chapter 1. Not to mention she is an odd-one-out compared to all of the male villagers next to her.

Capture4.PNG

The only girl of the group. I can relate, being in the only girl in one of my uni sports clubs lol.  But either way this is an indication that they will add a new character at least. Either that or this is Mathilda disguising as a character named Efi, but she's a paladin (and only appears in ch.3) not a villager so unlikely. 

Edited by dap005

It seems weird there are not many thieves enemies but it might be a different battle.

There are also 3 other pictures. I found the first two in the japanese Amazon. Credits to anon from /feg/ for the third one.

Celica Alm Map.jpg

Celica angel.jpg

alm dungeon.jpg

Just like the original game, there is still the Alm/Celica's route system. I honestly love these sprites a lot. That enemy knight and mage look good and hey it seems that they keep Alm's animation!

Celica seems to use the Angel spell against a zombie. It seems to be still OP and effective against monsters and it seems to use HP so this mechanic is still in the remake. 
I wonder why they made the Angel's sprite a book though. Where are my cute fairies?

In the third pic we saw Alm waliking in the dungeon/cave alone so like in the trailer it seems that only the lord can walk in the dungeons.
Maybe these sections happen before the next monsters/bandits battles and the Mila Statue rooms.
Also there are 10 characters slots just like in Gaiden where you could only bring 10 characters in the caves.

Efi (female villlager) is here so she might recruitable since the beginning with the other villagers.  Also Luka seems to appear as a Soldier so he doesn't start as a Knight like I thought he would when I saw modern Knight Luka replcing Gaiden Soldier Luka in the trailer.

23 minutes ago, LionBlade said:

Capture4.PNG

Yeah you recruit Clair around the half of chapter 1. It could be just me but it feels like she shows a bit more skin or something.

Edited by Thunderstar

1 hour ago, LionBlade said:

Capture.PNG

I AM THE ONE, DON'T WEIGH A TON, DON'T NEED A SWORD TO GET RESPECT OUT ON THE STREET

UNDER THE SON THE BASTARD SON WILL SWING THE AXE TO FEED HIMSELF AND FAMILY

These screenshots are great. I don't care if SoV ends up being too faithful. The only reason I haven't finished Gaiden is because I couldn't get it to work on my NES emulator, and with SoV coming out in May, I won't need it anymore.

Talk about an eyegasm, those screenshots are fucking gorgeous.

I know there isn't many, but this just got me more hella pumped for this game.

Also, can I just point out Celica's spell has a four beside it, and Angel cost four HP (And if you look at the battle screenshot with Alm, there is no such number beside his weapon), so I'm predicting that magic does in fact take HP to use.

Edited by Azz

Well at least this is looking really good and I am glad to here it is sticking close to the original.  Now if only NoA would say that we are getting a SE as well.

Whoa whoa whoa back it up! Last time I checked, Gaiden didn't have any maps that took place in the evening and oh my gosh the screenshots look so clean! The more I see stuff like this, the more I want to download the game right now.

38 minutes ago, Thunderstar said:

Celica seems to use the Angel spell against a zombie. It seems to be still OP and effective against monsters and it seems to use HP so this mechanic is still in the remake. 
I wonder why they made the Angel's sprite a book though. Where are my cute fairies?

That was a Bonewalker that Celica fought in the screenshot, not a Revenant, Revenants doesn't use Swords. Those Bonewalkers' portraits does have nice details and made it more scary than Awakening's and Fates's monsters.

50 minutes ago, Thunderstar said:

In the third pic we saw Alm waliking in the dungeon/cave alone so like in the trailer it seems that only the lord can walk in the dungeons.
Maybe these sections happen before the next monsters/bandits battles and the Mila Statue rooms.

That's very likely, given how it's called bandits'/thieves' shrine. It's in the very beginning of the game, and follows Gaiden's structure of how enemies are encountered. 

It looks very straightforward though, but I suppose that's only natural given it's the first dungeon in the game.