Grand Hero Battle: Narcian

Splondir

Took a lot of trial and error, but I was able to beat it on Hard mode with 5* Lyn, 5* Cordelia, 5* Tiki, and 4* Azama.  With the way I play, I like to lure and pretty much play defensively so I took a lot of turns.  I had Tiki step into the damage zone where she was able to soak up damage from the Blue Mage and defeat the Red Swordsman on Enemy Turn.  Then I moved her back to be healed and I left Lyn there so she took care of Narcian who moved down during Enemy Turn.  The Green Mage attacked Lyn, but I moved her back instead of attacking to put my characters in a better position.  After a turn, I had Lyn kill the Green Mage and she had her Galeforce so I was able to move her again and moved her out of range to be attacked.  I had Tiki at full health so I put her in the zone to be attacked so she soaked up the Archer.  Tiki attacked the Archer next turn and I had Tiki and Cordelia within range and health to deal with the Blue Mage.  The following turn Cordelia got the Blue Mage.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im abit lost on this one, my 5*s are roy (L23) takumi (l10) lucina(l5)  higher level 4*s are nowi (l19) serra (l15) lissa (l14). Sheena(l12)  camila(l12). Tharja(l10)  

on normal roy and nowi get 1 attack koed by the mage which team should i use?

18 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

The main threats on Hard is Narcian with Emerald Axe+ (Normal: Emerald Axe), Blue Tome Cavalier (I think he has Swordbreaker 3; I know he has Swordbreaker on a map, at least; also has the Micaiah Sacrifice skill on Hard), and Bow guy just for any flier. The Green Tome has Death Blow (the Attack +4). Honestly forgot the Infantry Sword because he was easy after the other guys. Also, Blue Tome's got Triangle Adept 3 so a resistant Green can basically take no damage.

Among those, Camilla's probably your best bet on at least ridding yourself of the Bow. Hope she can tank Narcian and the Green Tome (she'll likely take 0 from Blue Tome if you've leveled her properly). I don't know Cordelia's stats/skills but I wouldn't think she would be helpful here since Narcian can have a max +40% on her.

I think fliers are better here as the mountains really limits where you can go with also a couple forests down south.

If you got someone to tank the sword + blue tome/bow, that's probably where you're going for now. Unless you feel like raising Camilla just for this map. (And if you're going that route, you might want to pick up the castle upgrades 20% and 40% if you haven't already. They're the most efficient per Orb).

I wasn't looking to complete this on Hard, because as much as I would like to, if I'm struggling on Normal then Hard is just gonna be hell for me, haha! The problem with the rest of my team is, Lyn gets caught by Swordbreaker, Arthur can't deal with the sword guy cos of the Emerald Axe, and Sophia just gets doubled by almost everything cos she's so slow. So it looks like I'mma have to grind Camilla up to the late 20's. As for spending Orbs on castle upgrades I haven't bothered yet because I just want to summon more allies when the time comes, and where I'm at right now Orbs are very hard to come by when you're not spending money. I may just buy some crystals using My Nintendo points, that should help Camilla catch up.

My team is way too squishy for hard... 2x Takumi, Peri and Merric. All 5* @ lvl40 but whoever i send into the danger zone get taken out right away by 2-3attacks...

Got the 2* one so i guess leveling it from 2* to 5* if he turns out to be really gamebreakingly Amazing is a thing...

Just now, sdgj1994 said:

I wasn't looking to complete this on Hard, because as much as I would like to, if I'm struggling on Normal then Hard is just gonna be hell for me, haha! The problem with the rest of my team is, Lyn gets caught by Swordbreaker, Arthur can't deal with the sword guy cos of the Emerald Axe, and Sophia just gets doubled by almost everything cos she's so slow. So it looks like I'mma have to grind Camilla up to the late 20's. As for spending Orbs on castle upgrades I haven't bothered yet because I just want to summon more allies when the time comes, and where I'm at right now Orbs are very hard to come by when you're not spending money. I may just buy some crystals using My Nintendo points, that should help Camilla catch up.

Oh no. I was just saying Hard because I honestly forgot what skills they had on Normal. It was just a reference point for you.

Yeah, this map can be difficult when your most reliable units are Infantry. It was cluttered even with my team that had a flier and a cavalry.

To me, the 20% and 40% are worth it if only because they're a total of 3 Orbs and you can see the difference even low in the training tower (and soon we won't have half stamina for training tower). If you're F2P like me, it's probably not worth getting the 60%+ right away. You get more % per Orb for the 20% and 40% (both are 20%/Orb). The 60% is 12%/Orb and the 80% and 100% are 10%/Orb (and that's not counting how you had to foot the bill already as you can't just automatically buy the 100%).

If your team is having difficulties or you need more diversity, go ahead and invest in more summons. But if you're not hurting that badly, picking up the 20% and 40% upgrades could be worth it in the long run.

I am still having difficulty clearing this map on Normal. Grinding is proving fustrating as my units keep dying and losing their experince due to unavoidable weapon triangle issues. Camilla is now lv. 28. Lyn is 30, Arthur is 27 and Sophia 29. Does anyone have any more ideas of how to beat this with what I have? Camilla doesn't tank the archer well and then nobody can reliably handle the path on the left. Doesn't look too good at the moment.

IMG_9379.PNG

Finally beat it on Normal after the 3rd try, since I don't have level 30+ units (and no Camilla), they are all about level 25... With 5* Marth, Fae, 4* Felicia and Peri. Fae managed to survive the first burst of hits on the left side (I don't know how, but she survived with 4 HP), then retreat and Felicia finished the job by crushing both Mages. Both were my heroes today.

TBH, I wasn't expecting it to be that difficult. I know it can be easy in Normal with an overleveled team, but whoah, the map itself is extremely tricky, the enemy units are quite strong, but still beatable, so it's the terrain itself that kills your units, that corridor is hell. 

Narcian seems interesting though, he has good skills, so I might raise him, even if I already have a 4* Beruka that does the job.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

17 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

I am still having difficulty clearing this map on Normal. Grinding is proving fustrating as my units keep dying and losing their experince due to unavoidable weapon triangle issues. Camilla is now lv. 28. Lyn is 30, Arthur is 27 and Sophia 29. Does anyone have any more ideas of how to beat this with what I have? Camilla doesn't tank the archer well and then nobody can reliably handle the path on the left. Doesn't look too good at the moment.

IMG_9379.PNG

Auch! Are there any other units can you use? Chamilla will have a hard time with the archer, Lyn and Sophia are probably too squishy for the archer + red sword and Arthur is weak against the red sword. Can any of those four units tank the unitial two hits of the red sword unit + archer or blue mage? If so, you might be able to kite backwards.

45 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

IMG_9379.PNG

24 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Auch! Are there any other units can you use? Chamilla will have a hard time with the archer, Lyn and Sophia are probably too squishy for the archer + red sword and Arthur is weak against the red sword. Can any of those four units tank the unitial two hits of the red sword unit + archer or blue mage? If so, you might be able to kite backwards.

That (that's pretty much how I managed to beat it), or try to park Camilla 2 tiles under the archer (at the right of your Arthur), and next turn attack him so he gets ORKOd with the Brave Axe. If she survives, retreat, otherwise that's game over. If you have other units, try to boost her Res before throwing her (Cecilia does that for example), or try to bring a unit with Shove so she doesn't get attacked by Narcian next turn, or heal her. I think Arthur is a dead weight on this map, so try to replace him.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Yeah whoever does the descriptions for these things needs taking aside really. I saw level 25, so went in with my level 28's and whoever was put into that first red danger slot dies first round, after the sword and then mage attack game over. I don't even get an attack in. 

Don't mind a difficulty spike but at least tell me the right levels my guys need to be to stand a chance.

39 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

Can Camilla kill the Archer with just her Brave Axe+? Have her pass the mountain and kill the Archer by coming directly south of the Archer. If she tanks the Narcian and Green Tome attacks, run her back. She'll also need to be able to tank Narcian's second attack when he's chasing her if you don't have a skill like Shove. I assume Blue Tome doesn't have his Sacrificial Aid in Normal so Narcian may go down on the second encounter. Your team is going to still have a tough time against the Tomes but try starting with getting the Archer first.

I managed to complete it on normal by using Catria as bait for the archer(which she could tank a single hit from) then tricked Narcien out to run into Lucina while Linde held the narrow pass against the mages and swordsman. 

Granted everyone is a 5* so that probably helped.

15 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

That (that's pretty much how I managed to beat it), or try to park Camilla 2 tiles under the archer (at the right of your Arthur), and next turn attack him so he gets ORKOd with the Brave Axe. If she survives, retreat, otherwise that's game over. If you have other units, try to boost her Res before throwing her (Cecilia does that for example), or try to bring a unit with Shove so she doesn't get attacked by Narcian next turn, or heal her. I think Arthur is a dead weight on this map, so try to replace him.

4 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

Can Camilla kill the Archer with just her Brave Axe+? Have her pass the mountain and kill the Archer by coming directly south of the Archer. If she tanks the Narcian and Green Tome attacks, run her back. She'll also need to be able to tank Narcian's second attack when he's chasing her if you don't have a skill like Shove. I assume Blue Tome doesn't have his Sacrificial Aid in Normal so Narcian may go down on the second encounter. Your team is going to still have a tough time against the Tomes but try starting with getting the Archer first.

Ok, so other units I can potentially grind up (that are around level 20 right now) are Laslow (his Res isn't fantastic though), Merric (also has bad Res), Awakening Tiki and Azama, all at 4*, as well as Fae and Effie but both are a bit weaker. I also have 4* Cordelia and Florina but both are lance fliers that would get destroyed by Narcian. Camilla cannot one-round the archer as she is now, I just checked, archer lives on 9 HP. Sophia can boost Res for Camilla so I might keep her around. I have no units with Shove though Effie has Smite which pushes two spaces. So that's what I have to work with.

13 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

I don't even get to the Archer. I move someone to the first purple danger square and the fighter at the top right comes down and either kills someone outright, or almost does. If they are still alive, the tome damage dealer comes across and finishes the job. Mission ends, archer not even moved. Camilla wouldn't survive those two attacks, nor Kagero, Lucille or Raven (who I tried along the left).

Edited by Herman Bloom

8 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

Ok, so other units I can potentially grind up (that are around level 20 right now) are Laslow (his Res isn't fantastic though), Merric (also has bad Res), Awakening Tiki and Azama, all at 4*, as well as Fae and Effie but both are a bit weaker. I also have 4* Cordelia and Florina but both are lance fliers that would get destroyed by Narcian. Camilla cannot one-round the archer as she is now, I just checked, archer lives on 9 HP. Sophia can boost Res for Camilla so I might keep her around. I have no units with Shove though Effie has Smite which pushes two spaces. So that's what I have to work with.

Effie is a good unit to level up anyway, her lance won't help her in this particular map, but she's a good investment overall. The one is tried was 5*, her Atck is HUGE (she OHKOes pretty much everything that has a sword), can smite and has good skills. She also has access to Wary Fighter, and she's pretty fast so you may even throw her in the left path. Her Mov is terrible though, so pay attention if you need to retreat her.

Try to bring a unit that can Rally attack Camilla so she will ORKO the Archer, like Sharena for example. Sophia should be able to take down Narcian when he'll follow Camilla (that's why you may need to smite/shove her, so she gets outside of his range).

2 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

Out of those units, I'd try in order: Fae/Tiki, Azama, Merric (don't bother with Effie or Laslow; they'll just get caught by tomes and die). Fae has Light's Breath to buff your team's Def/Res and can have Threaten Attack to reduce the severity of Narcian's troops (Renewal can help if you don't plan to bring a healer). Tiki has the better color and can counter at any range. Merric, while bad Res, can at least help deal with Narcian and cheese the sword if he can damage him. I put Azama before Merric as perhaps having one person be dedicated to support might be stronger than having four fighting units. You may need a Rally/Hone person to give just that little damage you need to kill Narcian.

If you're replacing people, I'd probably drop Arthur at the very least since Camilla can supply the team's Axe. Sophia and Lyn can have niche use of helping kill Narcian. Change around as you see fit.

(Though as Brand said, Effie is a good unit, I've heard. You may want to train her for other maps... just not this one.)

10 minutes ago, Herman Bloom said:

I don't even get to the Archer. I move someone to the first purple danger square and the fighter at the top right comes down and either kills someone outright, or almost does. If they are still alive, the tome damage dealer comes across and finishes the job. Mission ends, archer not even moved.

Do you have a reliable flier to get the Archer and tank Narcian's assault? Unless you have a really good team, I don't know who's surviving that square, to be honest. My best bet for that square would be lance/Robin, as Robin will have advantage against Archer as well. You need to either be able to damage the sword or damage the Blue Tome/Archer and tank the other in that instance.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

No fliers and almost no blues on my roster :/

No way it's beatable for me unless my gals are all lv40?

xdfdfoe.jpg

Do you have someone to buff Attack or Def/Res that's not Sharena? I think your team's Speed is good enough. You probably just need the extra Attack or bulk.

I'm levelling 4* A.Tiki atm since I'd reckon with enough training she'd be able to tank physical and magic attacks. My only reliable flier that can OHKO that archer is Cherche, and she can't survive for too long thanks to her poor RES. ><

The trick is to lure them to you, forcing them through the chokepoint. However, having someone able to tank the Blue Cav and Sword Fighter's attacks may be the first problem people run into.

I personally used my Robin. Decent defense + advantage over the red swordie and doesn't get killed by blue cav.

yntYCBT.png

This is how it would look at the start of the next turn.

GlI3nGg.png

From here, we back the fuck up with Robin, luring red swordie closer. We also put Camilla in range of Blue Cavalier. Her resistances are good enough to take 0 damage, and the AI is not clever enough (at least in this situation) to move the blue cav out of the way and have the Bow Fighter attack Camilla.

V35IhVX.png

The beginning of the next turn looks like this:

oi6U7U8.png

Now we begin the dissection. First, Camilla stays in place, forcing blue cav to stay and take 0 dmg pot shots at her. Bow knight is not moving because he wants that sweet Camilla booty, but can't get it 'cos blue cav is a literal cockblock. Moving Robin to the trees and attacking red swordie results in an easy first kill. Now the area's clear for Takumi to pull in and take out Narshan. Right now the green knight can move in place and kill Robin so we shift Lyn up to block the space. End of this turn looks like this:

i9eNln6.png

The green cav will take a pot shot at Lyn but deal minimal damage. The positions remain unchanged. Now during your next turn, we back up some more because we don't want Lyn in range of the blue cav when we move her in to take care of green cav. Now things look like this:

RNBwiYv.png

The green cav will move down and take another fruitless shot at Lyn. Now it's safe for her to move in and kill the green cav. Then, we shift Camilla to the right of Lyn's new position in preparation for the next turn. The bow knight still won't move.

From there, Camilla can now safely take down the bow. End turn once more, and Camilla can clear the map by killing the final blue cav.

As long as you have equivalent heroes to complete the same strat, and are strong enough to kill without actually dying, you should be fine.

Edited by Raven

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Dual Dragons I have a lv21 4★ Raigh and a lv21 3★ Cecilia. Will those do if leveled up?

After checking their skills, that's a tough choice. I can see merits for both (I don't know their stats so I can't help there).

I'm pressed to say to try Cecilia first. She can Rally Res Sharena to tank the first square. From there, you need to back up and be able to pick them off from there. The first big obstacle is just surviving that first square as an all ground team.

I have a trained Est, Roy, Cecilia and Jeorge. (Roy is Five Stars, the rest Four Stars) 

Some of them work for this level or not?