Grand Hero Battle: Narcian

Splondir

21 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Glad I helped. I'd recommend training up that Narcian and just leaving Cherche behind, honestly.

If Narcian ends up even kinda like the version I fought on that map, he'll end up faster and with more Resistance (not that these things would be difficult, but still), able to murder any blue unit (especially lances), damages nearby enemies with Savage Blow, and only really fears red (especially any Roys in the Training Tower/Arena, since Triangle Adept lets you blow huge holes in any axe user and Narcian is especially weak to this with his Emerald Axe) and bows (because flier). So, far better than my Cherche (whose main selling points in comparison are probably higher ATK, DEF and being able to murder Knights with her Hammer, which isn't enough to make up for the crippling weaknesses of getting doubled by everything, dying horribly when swords are pointed in her general direction and bleeding profusely when assaulted with magic).

18 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Subaki.  Dude's a flying tank and a half.  Gordin's Brave Bow was literally chip damage.  I grabbed both on the day he was on the special map, and I'm going to get him to 4*.  I don't think he'd work very well on this map, due to Narcian's skills, but if there's ever another map where the objective is only guarded by a bow, I'm using him.

Wait, Subaki? I have one of those (3-star), but I benched him since I have blue covered by Robin and I auto-bench fliers ever since I tried using Florina in FE7 and she kept dying to everything until she got benched and I auto-benched every pegasus until Awakening (where Cordelia worked out) and Fates (Hinoka had a neat aura, so I kept her around, and she turned into a pretty solid unit). Still, if Brave Bow Gordin couldn't bring him down, I might have to raise him up for maps where Robin can't do damage but I need blue coverage. Glad I kept him now.

And yeah, Narcian is not someone you want to fight with Subaki (but he'll suicide on any decent sword unit, especially if they're Roy with Triangle Adept). I'm not sure how he'd do against the mage-cavs (if he's like he was in Fates, I'd guess not well, but I'm not 100% sure), but he can probably take on the archer and take out the red sword fighter in the upper left corner at the very least. Still, probably not someone you should rely on for this map unless you lack other options.

EDIT:

2 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Still waiting for my Cherche )=

In any case... I see you have nearly an identical team of mine. If they are well trained (lv 35-37) You might be able to take down hard in 2-3 days.

Spend all your efforts on Training Stratum (7-8). I dont know if you have potions tho.

I know that feeling. I'm still hoping to pull a Fae/Nowi/Nino some day.

Also, my team's like yours? Cool. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I don't see myself getting to those levels in time for the end of Narcian's map (don't have the potions for it), but I might be able to get 'em up there in time for the next Great Hero Battle or other special map thing.

Edited by ILikeKirbys
Responding to Ryuke

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, YueLiang said:

Emerald Axe for +20% damage against blue and -20% against Red.

Vengeance, Lancebreaker, Savage Blow.

Seems to be a pretty mediocre skill set if you ask me.

If you say so, do you feel Narcian is still worth getting?

Edited by Jayvee94

6 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

I'd grab him, even if he's only the 2* one.  There's no telling how the meta will shift, and if there's ever a time where blue gets dominant, Narcian will have a field day.

8 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

It only costs a bit of stamina so definitely get him if you can. The 2* one isn't worth much but the 3* one gives you 150 feathers if you send him home. While I don't care much for his skill set, maybe his stats are outstanding, and as eclipse mentioned he could be good if blues (especially Lance users) become really popular later.

At this point I'm wondering if they're going to make Narcian summonable with Orbs, or if they're going to have more events later where you can get Narcian, or if this is the only chance to get him.

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Been redirected from there.

Now that I saw your team.

Effie is definitely your choice to shield the first attacking spot.

The only problem is her move... which doesnt help when you needs to retreat.

If you put Effie on the top hitting spot. Next turn move Effie back by one turn. (No mage/bowman should hit you... I think.)

The only problem is Narcian. If you have a Red Mage it helps... If not...

Do you by chance have another strong blue def user? (I love to you your peg knight Cordelia... Pretty sure the bowman and hit.. if you can tank the bowman and the sword fighter.. you can apply the technique I did..)

1 minute ago, Ryuke said:

If you put Effie on the top hitting spot. Next turn move Effie back by one turn. (No mage/bowman should hit you... I think.)

The only problem is Narcian. If you have a Red Mage it helps... If not...

Do you by chance have another strong blue def user? (I love to you your peg knight Cordelia... Pretty sure the bowman and hit.. if you can tank the bowman and the sword fighter.. you can apply the technique I did..)

No, these 5 are the only summons I ever did for the run, let alone train for an extended period of time. I basically don't have any options aside from tossing in units who would basically cause me a game over.

You pretty much need a Draco Knight to distract Narcian so the rest of his forces don't overpower you along with his help. Being wary that this map can be pretty brutal with crap mag Defenders. If so...Narcian shouldn't be in their ranges west while using your Dracoknight to keep him busy.

6 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

No, these 5 are the only summons I ever did for the run, let alone train for an extended period of time. I basically don't have any options aside from tossing in units who would basically cause me a game over.

You should have enough Orbs by now to summon more.

In any case.... I am sure you have tried. What happened if you put Effie upfront and pull out?

I believe the only person your Lyn really should be afraid of is the Blue Mage. Narcian will yolo if he sees Lyn range. And Lyn will kill him easily w/o suffering moderate dmg. 

Definitely use Imbue for this. Kindled-Fire Balm sucks... I definitely regret spending 200SP on that.

Here's an AI trick. If AI can hit. He will hit. For example. Archer is in the position that can hit Lyn. He will hit. The Blue mage will wait for his turn or approach closer. Just remember this trick. Might help in the future.

2 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

You should have enough Orbs by now to summon more.

In any case.... I am sure you have tried. What happened if you put Effie upfront and pull out?

I believe the only person your Lyn really should be afraid of is the Blue Mage. Narcian will yolo if he sees Lyn range. And Lyn will kill him easily w/o suffering moderate dmg. 

Definitely use Imbue for this. Kindled-Fire Balm sucks... I definitely regret spending 200SP on that.

Here's an AI trick. If AI can hit. He will hit. For example. Archer is in the position that can hit Lyn. He will hit. The Blue mage will wait for his turn or approach closer. Just remember this trick. Might help in the future.

I have over 90 Orbs right now but I intend to save them for later.

I'm assuming that the team I'd be using would be Lyn, Effie, Lissa, and Cordelia? Or is it Lyn, Effie, Lissa, and Cecilia?

3 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Doesn't the AI prefer WTA above all? The blue mage cav will screw up Lyn's day all right.

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I have over 90 Orbs right now but I intend to save them for later.

I'm assuming that the team I'd be using would be Lyn, Effie, Lissa, and Cordelia? Or is it Lyn, Effie, Lissa, and Cecilia?

I'd use Cecilia.  If mages are an issue, she has Rally Resistance.

Also, if you're not using orbs, I hope you're recruiting the characters from the special map.  It's a slightly longer journey, but most of them will turn out well enough.

I beat the Normal Version pretty easily, but I wanted to get my team up a few levels before tackling the hard version.  I hope my team of Takumi, Camilla, Lilina, and Roy are up to task.  Roy and Lilina are only 4*, though.

...finally, I finally managed to get him...

I thought really hard about the tactics and managed to bait Narcian to and attack Lon'qu (no damage, obvs) and then baited the others using Femui with her high defense.  Let's just say that Nino's draw back saved her life :O I only ended up needing 3 units, but was the longest battle I've played on this game so far T_T

Especially, since he is a pain to deal with if he isn't lured by someone to keep him busy. Preferably a flyer (Draco).

Edited by PuffPuff

I finally were able to get him!!

Only the 2* version... But I'm not going to try the hard map, that's for sure!

In the end... Takumi soloing the whole map! He was in the chokepoint, so, he survived the Lancer, Archer and Mage's attacks, and survived with 2HP. Narcian moved to the south instead of following his comrades, and the other mage moved to get close to Takumi. Then I killed the mage, and Naarcian returnet to try to get Takumi, but I killed him in the next turn...

Still, all of this got me into lving up some other units, like Abel, Lisa and Subaki, so thanks for all the advices everyone give me!

Guys I am struggling with my team (No camilla closest thing is Narcian 2 star. nor Takumi/Lyn dont ask)  on hard I used 5 star Marth- Lvl 39 all max skills 5 star Tiki lvl37 ( Dragon Scion) 4 star Frederick lvl35 (Axe) 4 star Tharja lvl35 (Please minimum grinding as possible) My good reserves. (least grinding involved) 4 star  Anna-Lvl20 (waiting for 10k feathers for last Potential unlock) 4 star Est-Lvl18   Lastly all my other 4 stars: Female Corrin 4 star Roy 4 star Jagen 4 star Stahl 4 star 4 star Ogma 4 star Virion 4 also I have 3 star Robin 3 star other tiki 3 star Olivia also my only healer is 3 star Lissa.

10 minutes ago, AnnasNumber1fan! said:

Guys I am struggling with my team (No camilla closest thing is Narcian 2 star. nor Takumi/Lyn dont ask)  on hard I used 5 star Marth- Lvl 39 all max skills 5 star Tiki lvl37 ( Dragon Scion) 4 star Frederick lvl35 (Axe) 4 star Tharja lvl35 (Please minimum grinding as possible) My good reserves. (least grinding involved) 4 star  Anna-Lvl20 (waiting for 10k feathers for last Potential unlock) 4 star Est-Lvl18   Lastly all my other 4 stars: Female Corrin 4 star Roy 4 star Jagen 4 star Stahl 4 star 4 star Ogma 4 star Virion 4 also I have 3 star Robin 3 star other tiki 3 star Olivia also my only healer is 3 star Lissa.

Hmmm. . .not sure if female Corrin's tanky enough to take all of those hits (especially the magical ones).  If she's super-Res heavy, you might be able to pull it off.  I hope you nabbed Cecilia from the special maps, because Rally Resistance would really help!  The other issue would be where the enemies end up after baiting them - depending on their positioning, you might be able to get Corrin out of the way by using Stahl (but he can't be in range of the blue mage, or he dies).

Regardless, bring Lissa, and keep her away from all the enemies.  I think you'll need the extra health!

Finally got him. I used a 5* Lvl 38 Lucina, 3* Lvl 32 Cherche ( who ORKO'd Narshen lol ) and Oboro and Lissa were my utility units. I needed to use Oboro's Rally DEF to buff Cherche's DEF so she could tank the Archer. After that it was just a matter of luring them out.

41 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Hmmm. . .not sure if female Corrin's tanky enough to take all of those hits (especially the magical ones).  If she's super-Res heavy, you might be able to pull it off.  I hope you nabbed Cecilia from the special maps, because Rally Resistance would really help!  The other issue would be where the enemies end up after baiting them - depending on their positioning, you might be able to get Corrin out of the way by using Stahl (but he can't be in range of the blue mage, or he dies).

Regardless, bring Lissa, and keep her away from all the enemies.  I think you'll need the extra health!

I got a 3 star off draw not sure if its same also how far do I grind the two Tikis tanky 31 def 9 res is she good? who do I bench? whats a good strategy or two or three I dont mind if its very cheap  sorry about the questions I would,n if event was,n about to close any day now I wasted my resources on Anna so I lostmost of exp crystals :( But anything for my favorite fire emblem character ever Anna she was my only Fates DLC purchase and my first Max awakening character hence my user name.

That's the problem. The AI goes aggro giving no time to heal which overpowers them without distractment making this even harder for the less sorcery defenders.

1 minute ago, PuffPuff said:

That's the problem. The AI goes aggro giving no time to heal which overpowers them without distractment making this even harder for the less sorcery defenders.

I have near maxed team I beat all hard except last two Lunatic last 7 yet this is so much harder then majority of them my team hates that mountain lol.

Just now, AnnasNumber1fan! said:

I got a 3 star off draw not sure if its same also how far do I grind the two Tikis tanky 31 def 9 res is she good? who do I bench? whats a good strategy or two or three I dont mind if its very cheap  sorry about the questions I would,n if event was,n about to close any day now I wasted my resources on Anna so I lostmost of exp crystals :( But anything for my favorite fire emblem character ever Anna she was my only Fates DLC purchase and my first Max awakening character hence my user name.

If you like Anna, that's fine!

Use the tower to get 3* Corrin up to 4* (so get her to level 20, change her to 4*, then get her up to level 30 at minimum).  Do the arena missions to get 2,000 feathers.

Tiki's strength is warding physical attacks, not mages.  The big issue on Narcian's map are magical, and 9 Res will NOT cut it.

Do you mind taking a screenshot of the Edit Units screen?

1 minute ago, PuffPuff said:

Don't underestimate the power of Swap.