Is Bow Knight an enemy-only class for now?

Alastor15243

Am I correct in my impression that none of the existing characters are mounted units that use bows? Jugdral has no representation yet so no Midir or Lester or such, none of the nomads from 6-7 seem to have been introduced, and since it looks like this game uses base classes and doesn't assume any radical change upon promotion, that discounts 3DS game bow knights as well. Am I wrong? Did I miss one somewhere, or is it indeed currently impossible to pull a mounted archer hero?

1 hour ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

For now, it seems to be the case. Let's hope we'll get one, cause they seem broken. I never thought I was going to say this before, but I want Astrid in my team.

Hey, Astrid was really good in PoR. She just got nerfed into the ground in RD. 

Mounted bow users would be really cool, but it may be a balance reason we haven't gotten any. Can you imagine a slightly worse Takumi, but with 3 move to make up for it?

For some reason, they always seem to have insanely high Atk.  You'd think a ranged unit with the highest mobility would have average to low Atk to balance.

4 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Midayle can shoot things in mid-air. Hahaha. Get it? Get it?

. . .and banned. :P:

Mounted bows have an effective range of 5.  I honestly hope that the next batch has one (whether it be Astrid or Sedgar).

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .and banned. :P:

Mounted bows have an effective range of 5.  I honestly hope that the next batch has one (whether it be Astrid or Sedgar).

I've lost more units than I care to admit by Bow Knights coming out of nowhere and sniping my units.

I'm not sure when we'll get Tellius units, and I'd be surprised if Astrid was one of the first released.  We could have Shin, Rath, or Sue, but I'm not sure how popular they are.  But we did get Barst and old Bartre, so maybe they'll make it in for weapon diversity, if nothing else.

I was just thinking about this...I guess it's a balance thing. Not like they didn't have candidates to use: Elibe has all the Nomads, and Akaneia has Wolf, Sedgar, and Castor that they could have used.

15 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I was just thinking about this...I guess it's a balance thing. Not like they didn't have candidates to use: Elibe has all the Nomads, and Akaneia has Wolf, Sedgar, and Castor that they could have used.

There's a couple Mage Knights available, so keeping 5 range units away from players doesn't seem to be an absolute intention.

9 hours ago, Alpha Wolves said:

I was talking to Eclipse about a Midir/Midayle concept I had. Imagine a Bow Knight that was pretty much guaranteed to double attack every turn with a Brave Bow... Yeah, we decided my concept was to strong and will probably never be made.

don´t give them ideas please Ç_Ç

XD

13 hours ago, Radiant Dragon said:

Hey, Astrid was really good in PoR. She just got nerfed into the ground in RD. 

Mounted bow users would be really cool, but it may be a balance reason we haven't gotten any. Can you imagine a slightly worse Takumi, but with 3 move to make up for it?

Ah, PoR is one of the three FE games I haven't play yet, so I just know she is terrible in RD.

While there are some mounted characters with magic, it seems to just be Leo, Cecilia, Clarine, and Elise so far. Clarine and Elise are primarily healers, and Cecilia seems very weak: mine has 9 Spd and 9 Def at about LV20. So ranged cavalry is still very restricted, and there isn't a blue tome one either.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

While there are some mounted characters with magic, it seems to just be Leo, Cecilia, Clarine, and Elise so far. Clarine and Elise are primarily healers, and Cecilia seems very weak: mine has 9 Spd and 9 Def at about LV20. So ranged cavalry is still very restricted, and there isn't a blue tome one either.

Cecilia isn't that bad, maybe you just got level ups heavily distributed to the upper levels? She's not stellar though, which is a shame because she has great skills.

2 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Cecilia isn't that bad, maybe you just got level ups heavily distributed to the upper levels? She's not stellar though, which is a shame because she has great skills.

Hmm, I could see that.

4 hours ago, Eilanzer said:

don´t give them ideas please Ç_Ç

XD

Arch Knight of Jungby - Midayle, Bow Knight Class (Grey / Mounted)
  Iron Bow (1☆) / Steel Bow (2☆) / Brave Bow (3☆) / Brave Bow + (5☆)
  HP: Average / ATT: Good / DEF: Average / RES: Poor / SPD: Excellent
  Special: New Moon (3☆) / Moonbow (4☆)
  Skill A: Darting Blow (1☆/2☆/4☆) - +2/+4/+6 Speed during combat if unit initiates the attack.
  Skill C: Attack Plus (3☆/4☆/5☆) - Grants Atk+1/+2/+3

One a scale from 1 to 10 with lowest being Wyrms and Highest being Takumi, where would this place?

33 minutes ago, Alpha Wolves said:

Arch Knight of Jungby - Midayle, Bow Knight Class (Grey / Mounted)
  Iron Bow (1☆) / Steel Bow (2☆) / Brave Bow (3☆) / Brave Bow + (5☆)
  HP: Average / ATT: Good / DEF: Average / RES: Poor / SPD: Excellent
  Special: New Moon (3☆) / Moonbow (4☆)
  Skill A: Darting Blow (1☆/2☆/4☆) - +2/+4/+6 Speed during combat if unit initiates the attack.
  Skill C: Attack Plus (3☆/4☆/5☆) - Grants Atk+1/+2/+3

One a scale from 1 to 10 with lowest being Wyrms and Highest being Takumi, where would this place?

hummm a 8 i guess...Just because of being an archer/cavalry...S tier, not enough to be a second takumi because no f.ing counter...but is amazing too...

Robin is actually quite good and can counter Takumi effectively. lol.
That being said, he originally had Quick Repose instead of Attack Plus. He has Pursuit and Charge in the game, meaning he should be good with follow-up attacks in this game. But something just didn't feel right about Quick repose being on a character like this.