Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Fei Mao I'd suggest swapping Olivia with Marth or Chrom and Camilla with F Robin. That way, you'll have 3 attackers, and doesn't really need to worry much about Camilla being one-shotted by Takumi. Calculation gave me that Abel buffed by Sharena should be able to ORK non-+HP/+Def Takumi without suffering any counter attack. Marth/Chrom can handle Minerva and Hector quite easily. Sadly since they're 4*, they won't be able handle Tiki.

Edited by pianime94

xtj1vqn.jpg

Either my team is constantly losing, or nobody is fighting me at all. I can't believe up to 500 feathers a week are gated behind this shit. Note that the squad in the screenshot isn't my defense team.

4 hours ago, Raven said:

xtj1vqn.jpg

Either my team is constantly losing, or nobody is fighting me at all. I can't believe up to 500 feathers a week are gated behind this shit. Note that the squad in the screenshot isn't my defense team.

Hmm. The most arguable thing is the healer. Did you take off her weapon so that she doesn't aggro and kill herself?

Also, dancers are situational and they're really good only in teams with exactly the same or at least 1-2 movement, otherwise enemy can bait your Ursulla, using your own dancer on the team. I'd advice to switch both Ursula and the healer for two nice ranged units and you'd probably be good, all-ranged teams supported by dancers are probably the biggest problem for anyone in the arena. Though using 3 ranged + 1 bulky tank also has some benefits for defense.

upd: Jeez, I should learn to read :( Anyway, even if it's not the defense team in the screen, general formula "3ranged + 1 tank/dancer" stays the same.

Edited by Avestus

24 minutes ago, Avestus said:

Hmm. The most arguable thing is the healer. Did you take off her weapon so that she doesn't aggro and kill herself?

Also, dancers are situational and they're really good only in teams with exactly the same or at least 1-2 movement, otherwise enemy can bait your Ursulla, using your own dancer on the team. I'd advice to switch both Ursula and the healer for two nice ranged units and you'd probably be good, all-ranged teams supported by dancers are probably the biggest problem for anyone in the arena. Though using 3 ranged + 1 bulky tank also has some benefits for defense.

He said that was not his defence deam though.

If you have a healer in your defence team at all (which you shouldn't do), you'd best keep her weapon so that she can actually pressure and debuff stuff. Usually, healers healing in arena battles help the player they're fighting rather than the opposite. 

2 hours ago, Avestus said:

upd: Jeez, I should learn to read :( Anyway, even if it's not the defense team in the screen, general formula "3ranged + 1 tank/dancer" stays the same.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

He said that was not his defence deam though.

My defense team consists of all 5* level 40 units: Camilla, Robin-M, Lyn, Takumi. I also have Tharja and Eirika available but I think Lyn is straight up the best offense-wise.

I've never had problems getting multiple defenses each week before now. This is quite the anomaly.

4 minutes ago, Espinosa said:

I've personally found Camilla very easy to beat on people's defence teams. She's very easily baited and taken out by a sword user, some of whom can even OHKO her. 

I do have my recently-upgraded 5* Nino on-hand, but she's only level 31 right now. Then again I'm not sure how a team with 3 ranged units would do. It may catch out a team with poor resistances, at least.

6 hours ago, Fei Mao said:

*Spends 11 swords out of rage just to get 40 more points than before 3,917->3,957 *

Rank 58,234

The arena is just getting too frustrating for me, I need to vent sorry. It's so frustrating without an anti-takumi and hector unit, my Olivia and F. Robin are dead weights if my two  frontliners fall. (Abel or Sharena and Camilla) Every time when I'm having a good streak it's always Takumi, Hector, Minerva, and other strong characters that always end it, the tilt is making me want to throw my tablet across the room. I'd roll but I'm currently hoarding gems so when a unit that I like comes out I can roll, but with how things are going right now, the game is saying roll or die in the arena.

In the absence of any Arena Win Quests to work towards, I'm just happy to sit with my original Offense score of 4228.  It had 2-3 deaths, but I don't feel like blowing all my Crests, when I may not even end up doing much better.

I kind of wish they had the Arena Quests every month, so that even if you didn't beat your old score, you had a goal to work towards.

15 minutes ago, Raven said:

I do have my recently-upgraded 5* Nino on-hand, but she's only level 31 right now. Then again I'm not sure how a team with 3 ranged units would do. It may catch out a team with poor resistances, at least.n

I had the same problem last season and it was solved only when I went with Tharja-Ephraim-Takumi-Julia setup. Actualy, Eirikia is amazing since she buffs both your Nino and Tharja better than, for example, my Ephraim does.

I think that Tharja-Eirika-Nino-Takumi/RobinM should solve your problems, but well, I could be mistaken and there's not much time in this season. But in the next one I think it's worth trying it at least for two days.

Score of 4490:

• Ground Zero (Midnight PST Mar 9) - #1602
  • 14 Hours Later - #2076
  • 38 Hours Later - $2551
  • 62 Hours Later - #3149
  • 86 Hours Later - #3704

Deterioration is remaining surprisingly steady. If this keeps up for one more day, I'll still be in the top 5k. Got a single defense win, as well, even though my setup is still to configured to give a good unit to Voting Gauntlet allies.

6 hours ago, Raven said:

My defense team consists of all 5* level 40 units: Camilla, Robin-M, Lyn, Takumi. I also have Tharja and Eirika available but I think Lyn is straight up the best offense-wise.

I've never had problems getting multiple defenses each week before now. This is quite the anomaly.

Imo, Eirika would be better than Lyn for your defense team. Lyn is super easy to deal with, because she's not actually as scary offensively as it seems; she needs to be under half health to reach threatening Attack levels, and if your opponent has basic FE knowledge, they'd know to bait your Lyn first, then kill her on their turn, rendering her buffs moot. Also, generally speaking, most teams will be well-equipped to handle a Sword unit anyway, so how strong your Red is offensively doesn't quite matter unless your opponent messes up. On the other hand, Eirika's +3 Atk and +4 Spd every turn makes your other units, especially goddamn Takumi, extremely scary. There aren't many things that are willing to take a Takumi arrow head on, but a Takumi that can double most things and hit for more?

I would also take away Camilla, and put in Tharja. Camilla is terrible on defense, because everybody and their mother has a Red unit to deal with Hector. If even Hector will go down, then Camilla won't do anything at all. Honestly, the lack of Green is perfectly fine on a defense team, unless it's a ranged Green. Also, Camilla's advantage as a flier is only significant in one or two Arena maps, most notably the one with a billion forests and mountains. On the other hand, Tharja is the most offensive Red in the current meta because of Darting Blow, and when paired with Eirika's buffs, she can and will kill your everything. Kagerou is her only true counter, and in your score tier (640~650), Kagerou is fairly rare.

This week was pretty brutal -- normally I can get 4,000+ within one or two runs, and this time I just barely managed 4,085 after accumulating several losses and winding up on others' wall of shame...=[

I'm guessing next week's bonus heroes are going to be the same.  

11 hours ago, Rezzy said:

In the absence of any Arena Win Quests to work towards, I'm just happy to sit with my original Offense score of 4228.  It had 2-3 deaths, but I don't feel like blowing all my Crests, when I may not even end up doing much better.

I kind of wish they had the Arena Quests every month, so that even if you didn't beat your old score, you had a goal to work towards.

Yeah that would be nice, I wish I could be satisfied like you, I don't know why this game just frustrates me to a point of doing stupid things like blowing crests out of desperation for a higher score.

3/12  3,957 Rank: 58,234
3/13  3,957 Rank: 57,371 I guess they probably banned a couple of people.

Going to try with Sharena, Marth, Abel, and F.Robin as suggested.

5 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

My score of 4230 currently puts me at rank 25,785.  Here's hoping I can stay in the top 30,000 for the extra feathers, but I seem to be dropping fast now.

I'm pretty close to you at 4,236 points and rank 25,105.

4410 (can't really get higher...) puts me at 8915 (And is raising my hopes for 10k... I don't like being disappointed :unsure:)

Everyone's scores seem to be ranking much higher than the previous seasons. Do you really think the current bonus characters would make so much of a difference?

I recently got my first deathless run with a team of 5* nino, seliph, nowi, and 4* jagen. 4510 puts me at rank 3060 right now. I'm satisfied with that as jagen is my best bonus option and while I have two higher rating 5* characters than nino it would weaken my team a lot to replace her (the options would be roy or a second nowi).

4.1k at 41 000.

Dropping but idk if I should use dueling crest since I grinded my Frobin up (srsly am I the only guy that uses robinF?)

49 DC ... Waiting for them to throw that crazy arena quest.