Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

-snip F!Robin info-

Anyway, I underlined the Lv40 stats for F!Robin's Atk and her Effective Atk vs the blues in the spoiler, so you can see where she's at. Short version; If you have 2000 feathers to dump into Robin, deploy her with Sharena and you should be able to handle them all with ease. Sharena can check Eldigan and Sanaki, while F!Robin checks the other 4. Lachesis and Klein aren't super threatening and can be checked by the other half of your team. Go with a 4* and you're covered pretty well.

So you would recommend F!Robin over Sully or Jagen? I'm not seeing newer characters on defense. Mostly Lucina's, Takumi's, Young Tiki's, and Lyn's.  My past team was Marth, Olivia, M!Robin, and Narcian (for bonus). Narcian was pretty terrible since I would fight teams that he had no real advantage over. Even Linde's weren't great for him since he would not be able to kill her (Steel Axe; didn't risk Emerald) and he would die to everything else.

Meh. Maybe I'll raise Sully and F!Robin together. I got enough feathers. Haven't unlocked for a couple seasons. I'll be left with enough for one 4* and 5* unlock.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having received none of the banner characters who are now bonus heroes and boasting of owning a 3⋆ version of each Sully, F!Robin and Jagen, I'm at a loss.

Shall I go F!Robin and have her replace my 4⋆ Cecilia, at least temporarily?

My main team is 5⋆ Sharena, [+Def, −HP] Catria, and [+Atk, −HP] Lilina, and 4⋆ [+Atk, −Res] Cecilia.
I also have 5⋆ [+Res, −Atk] Lyn, [+HP, −Spd] Eirika, [+HP, −Def] Seliph, 4⋆ [+Spd, −HP] Marth, [+Spd, −Atk] Abel, [+HP, −Spd] Merric, and some more.

59 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

So you would recommend F!Robin over Sully or Jagen? I'm not seeing newer characters on defense. Mostly Lucina's, Takumi's, Young Tiki's, and Lyn's.  My past team was Marth, Olivia, M!Robin, and Narcian (for bonus). Narcian was pretty terrible since I would fight teams that he had no real advantage over. Even Linde's weren't great for him since he would not be able to kill her (Steel Axe; didn't risk Emerald) and he would die to everything else.

Meh. Maybe I'll raise Sully and F!Robin together. I got enough feathers. Haven't unlocked for a couple seasons. I'll be left with enough for one 4* and 5* unlock.

Of course you won't see new characters on defense! Bonus units don't impact arena score so switching teams is pointless if you already have a good team. 

Just now, Arcanite said:

Of course you won't see new characters on defense! Bonus units don't impact arena score so switching teams is pointless if you already have a good team. 

My point was that since I'm mostly seeing them, F!Robin would have a massive disadvantage. She's not good against any of them. Haha. I knew that bonus units didn't affect defense.

It doesn't matter anymore since I decided to raise F!Robin and Sully just in case. I want to rush them as close to Level 40 4* as possible. Finally broke into my stash of Crystals and Shards.

Just now, Dual Dragons said:

My point was that since I'm mostly seeing them, F!Robin would have a massive disadvantage. She's not good against any of them. Haha. I knew that bonus units didn't affect defense.

It doesn't matter anymore since I decided to raise F!Robin and Sully just in case. I want to rush them as close to Level 40 4* as possible. Finally broke into my stash of Crystals and Shards.

Yeah arena is gonna be a bummer for me for a little while. I have jagen but I also have enough blue units to feed half of Ylisse so bringing him up would be a waste of time.

Good enough I have Sully. Team was her, Stahl, Nino and Serra. Lvls between 21 and 25. But managed to go to 3,2k, so the 1600 feathers are assured. My M!Robin is going 5* next week ! o/

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah arena is gonna be a bummer for me for a little while. I have jagen but I also have enough blue units to feed half of Ylisse so bringing him up would be a waste of time.

Haha. I already have a 4* Level 40 Jagen but with the current meta, he would honestly suck. He's +HP/-Spd and he's already a Res bus. Training him, he was bleh against Swords despite having WTA. I'd rather use F!Robin (range) or Sully (mini-Abel) than use my 4* Jagen.

The only credit I give him is that he would be nowhere near as bad as when I was forced to use Narcian. The guy's only claim to fame was killing a Peri in the very first Arena match he was in.

I like my 4* Narcian... He baits and kills all lance users on contact (with one two excepts which need a second round beating). Even survives Linde's attack for a total of 16 dmg and then one shots her. I had Sanaki and Sully on my previous team... so nothing changes for me. 4* Sully kills most sword users on bait (Marth and Lucina require a second round... but only deal 3-7 dmg or so), and is cavalry (moves 3). She has some difficulty with young Tiki but wins a 1vs1.

Let's see if I can still manage 30k this season.

Any advice on defense teams? The current bonus characters focus more on blue (and I was running a pure red defense team). Anyone think a mage/anti-cavalry team will net some kills?

Aw yeah, the best unit I have in this current lineup of bonus units is my 4* level 24 Jegan. I don't own any of the others besides a 3* level 1 Robin-F.

I think I can kiss a top 30,000 finish goodbye this week.

Don't have any of the new Focuses this time either, so I upgraded f!Robin and Sully to 4* and am training them up. I'll have to see which proves to be more effective, since last time my first attempt was Odin but Catria turned out much better.

I was pretty bummed out that I didn't get any of the focus units this time around. Though I guess I could consider myself somewhat lucky as I have a fully leveled 4* Sully already due to her being one of my very first units. But its pretty hard using her as she still keeps dying ._.

Unfortunately Nino no Sharena isn't actually a part of the bonus characters as I had hoped. Out of the bonus characters I have Klein5 (-Atk +Def), Sanaki5 (+Spd -HP), Lachesis5 (heals), FRobin4, and Sully4 (+Atk, -Spd). I'm fairly unwilling to switch out Nino for FRobin since I'm having a bit of a hard time getting FRob even to 40 and Nino is massive, so for now I have Lach for Sharena's slot since she has a +def on every other heal and can use it to boost Nino while keeping Ryoma relatively healthy. I wonder if there's a better choice for this? I wish my Sully wasn't -Spd---right now she's lv 35 with 26 speed and I suppose I could still delete swordlords with her but Idk if I should just let Lach keep Ryoma alive instead.

Tried taking along a level 35 4* Female Robin for the bonus points.  She was terrible.  If it wasn't on a horse, she did no damage and gets doubled by everything.

Forgot Sully is part of the bonus this time...I might try using my Level 40 4* Sully next time...

I prepared a 4* F!Robin as a back-up in case I had no other choice. Honestly, even at 40, her ability to contribute in the Training Tower is super awful, and she's worth a really know amount of points. I'm pretty adverse to bringing her along. I've had a 4* Sully at 40 forever, since I was trialing her with Effie some time ago, but she's also pretty bad because -Atk. I guess she at least has Draw Back utility and the ability to face tank reds if Sharena's busy. I can swap her with Olivia and not lose any points. Problem is... no Olivia makes me extremely nervous. Still, I'd rather hedge my bets on her over F!Robin (and that's massive feels bad, since I happen to like F!Robin).

58 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I prepared a 4* F!Robin as a back-up in case I had no other choice. Honestly, even at 40, her ability to contribute in the Training Tower is super awful, and she's worth a really know amount of points.

This. Jagen boasts a nice 175 which is mid 160s as a 4* and that's _ok_.

I don't know why I typed "know" instead of "low".

Anyway, Jagen's not really an option for me. I've got a 3*, but I'm not gonna invest that much. Not when Sully's already there, provides some utility and is already 40. I kind of question what I could do with Jagen even if I did raise him, though (given that he's a Res tank in a largely physical meta).

Just spent 42 orbs trying to pull red on the Princesses banner and came away with utter trash (that's my luck!). So much for any hope of improving my team. I'll probably get one more kick at the can before the banner expires, but it's not going to be a statistically significant enough amount of pulls to take advantage of the marginally better odds. The longer this goes on, the more I regret not rerolling at the start of the game.

Like many others, I am now raising F!Robin just to get arena bonus. In the meantime, I will happily be doing some messing around with my arena team to see what my "ideal" team seems to be.

Score of 4460:

• Ground Zero (5PM PST Mar 7) - #1126

Man, I need to savour that while that lasts, because that's probably gonna fall down to ~#15 000 by week's end. :P:

BTW, anyone feel like the point values are a lot lower right now? I used to get, on average 640 per match with 660-665 BST, with 665 skewing things a bit higher so I could nab 644 and 646 from time to time. Keep getting 638s now and it's getting a little annoying. I have noticed that more of the enemy teams fielded are using the seasonal cavs (ran into a nasty Olwen/Eldrigan/Sharena/Julia wombo combo that almost killed someone).

18 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Score of 4460:

• Ground Zero (5PM PST Mar 7) - #1126

Man, I need to savour that while that lasts, because that's probably gonna fall down to ~#15 000 by week's end. :P:

BTW, anyone feel like the point values are a lot lower right now? I used to get, on average 640 per match with 660-665 BST, with 665 skewing things a bit higher so I could nab 644 and 646 from time to time. Keep getting 638s now and it's getting a little annoying. I have noticed that more of the enemy teams fielded are using the seasonal cavs (ran into a nasty Olwen/Eldrigan/Sharena/Julia wombo combo that almost killed someone).

Maybe the ban wave wiped out the higher levels, or if you adjusted your team, if you have a lower total BST, you'll likely get slightly lower team scores.

Maybe because you're using Fem Robin since she has lower BST?

Anyway, any tips with team revolving around Fem Robin as a member? I find her contribute nothing to my Arena team. It's like playing the Arena with only 3 units, really. She scratches red, she scratches green (or nothing to Camilla), and most of all she barely scratches Nowi. I had to put back Julia because of this,

My current team is: Lyn, Ryoma, Julia, Robin.

If you're asking me about blue, the only good blues I have are Sharena, Subaki, and Hinoka.