Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

10 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Yeah, it's sad. She is really awesome in FE7 if trained, but in this game she does lack something. I also like to use her cause I have a Lyn on my team, and they are like besties, so haha. But my team is Lyn (Level 40 5*) Florina (Level 35 4*) Cecilia (Level 37 4*) and Serra (Level 27 4*) not sure if its a good team or not, but I like it. Serra is new and in training lol. But I'm willing to shift things up a bit.

You got Weapon Triangle coverage, but you might want a unit who could take a melee hit or two.  Everyone except Lyn is a bit squishy.  I'm not sure who all you have to work with, though.

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Got a score of 4224. Decently happy with the score as it was higher then last weeks. Currently ranked #37561 so I should be able to keep within the top 50,000 again. 

Congrats!

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You got Weapon Triangle coverage, but you might want a unit who could take a melee hit or two.  Everyone except Lyn is a bit squishy.  I'm not sure who all you have to work with, though.

Congrats!

Here is a screenshot of everyone I own lol. 

I was using Gwen for a bit, but dang they can't move haha.

Screenshot_2017-03-04-18-14-51.pngScreenshot_2017-03-04-18-15-02.png

Edited by Dylan Corona

1 minute ago, Dylan Corona said:

Here is a screenshot of everyone I own lol. 

I was using Gwen for a bit, but dang they can't move haha.

Screenshot_2017-03-04-18-14-51.png

Screenshot_2017-03-04-18-15-02.png

Male Robin is pretty good, he counters both the Ubiquitous Red Units, as well as Colorless (Takumi).  Effie is good, but has the aforementioned movement issues.  Olivia is always a good addition to any team.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Male Robin is pretty good, he counters both the Ubiquitous Red Units, as well as Colorless (Takumi).  Effie is good, but has the aforementioned movement issues.  Olivia is always a good addition to any team.

I was thinking Effie, actually, but I changed my mind cause of the movement. She better then Gwen? I did have Olivia on my team at the start, but she is just so soft lol. Dies quick.

Just now, Dylan Corona said:

I was thinking Effie, actually, but I changed my mind cause of the movement. She better then Gwen? I did have Olivia on my team at the start, but she is just so soft lol. Dies quick.

Well what do you want? Olivia is mostly for the hyper-offensive, all up in your business, smack you up, live free or die hard type of team. If you want more sustain you can use a healer and three parts of the triangle. Or you can do perfect coverage, a tome user, 2 physicals and a bow user, someone in there should also have an "effective against" type of weapon for maximum efficiency. Also I prefer gordin over virion if you have the feathers to waste.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well what do you want? Olivia is mostly for the hyper-offensive, all up in your business, smack you up, live free or die hard type of team. If you want more sustain you can use a healer and three parts of the triangle. Or you can do perfect coverage, a tome user, 2 physicals and a bow user, someone in there should also have an "effective against" type of weapon for maximum efficiency. Also I prefer gordin over virion if you have the feathers to waste.

Well I seem to like having a least one healer on my team, cause it's been helpful in a pinch. And I like having type coverage. But it seems like my team is a bit soft, Lyn seems to rarely die. But I do lose at least one or two units a match (if I win), and that leaves Lyn to take care of the rest. So, I guess I'm looking to bulk up my team a bit.

Edited by Dylan Corona

8 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Going by usage alone, it seems Effie is much more commonly used.  She gets Wary Fighter, which helps her quite a bit.

10 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Effie is much better than Gwen. Not only does smite give her out-of-combat utility (important because of how long it can take for her to reach combat), Wary Fighter negates her low-speed problem in many scenarios.

5 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Well I seem to like having a least one healer on my team, cause it's been helpful in a pinch. And I like having type coverage. But it seems like my team is a bit soft, Lyn seems to rarely die. But I do lose at least on or two units a match, and that leaves Lyn to take care of the rest. So, I guess I'm looking to bulk up my team a bit.

Lyn Serra Cecillia Catria is an okay team

Lyn Anna/Frederick Serra M Robin is a little better

Lyn Effie Cecillia Serra is good too although Ef-word is gonna have some issues moving

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Hmmm, okay thanks for the help guys. I think I'm going to train Effie up and see what she can do, and maybe switch out Serra for another healer. Thanks for the help everyone! I will let you know how it goes haha.

I think I noticed you have Maria.  I find her Physic does very well, since Healing from 2 Range is a real boon, since it gives better range and can keep your Healer out of the range of enemies.

Update for  4580 Offense (missed the usual time by 2 updates...whoops):

Day 2 (1 Mar) 18:00 PST - Rank 545

Day 3 (2 Mar) 18:00 PST - Rank 790

Day 4 (3 Mar) 18:00 PST - Rank 1007

Day 5 (4 Mar) 20:00 PST - Rank 1199

It's looking like I'll end up somewhere between 1500 and 2000.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think I noticed you have Maria.  I find her Physic does very well, since Healing from 2 Range is a real boon, since it gives better range and can keep your Healer out of the range of enemies.

It's really funny that you should say that, cause I just switched Maria in for Serra haha. I used her a lot at first, cause she was my only healer, but I was trying so hard to get Serra that I left her behind, just switched back, since she has the Physic staff and is higher leveled. So my team is now Lyn, Cecilia, Effie and Maria.

28 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

It's really funny that you should say that, cause I just switched Maria in for Serra haha. I used her a lot at first, cause she was my only healer, but I was trying so hard to get Serra that I left her behind, just switched back, since she has the Physic staff and is higher leveled. So my team is now Lyn, Cecilia, Effie and Maria.

I personally prefer serra over Maria because 1. Her heals are stronger and she has hone attack and 2. She doesn't heal as much in respects to numbers. But hey, that 2 range heal probably serves you better than it serves me cause I have different units anyway.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Going by usage alone, it seems Effie is much more commonly used.  She gets Wary Fighter, which helps her quite a bit.

I just fought an Effie in the arena who didn't learn Wary Fighter, not a rank of it. It almost made me rethink my life.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I personally prefer serra over Maria because 1. Her heals are stronger and she has hone attack and 2. She doesn't heal as much in respects to numbers. But hey, that 2 range heal probably serves you better than it serves me cause I have different units anyway.

Yeah, its true she does have better heals, but its strange, idk if its just here, but my Serra seems to level up so slow. Maria levels up way faster and she does really good damage for a healer, which helps her level up. Serra did at most 4x2 damge, Maria seems to do 10x2 to 15x2 (against non armored units). I don't know if my Maria just has crazy strength or what, but she kicks butt haha.

4 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

Yeah, its true she does have better heals, but its strange, idk if its just here, but my Serra seems to level up so slow. Maria levels up way faster and she does really good damage for a healer, which helps her level up. Serra did at most 4x2 damge, Maria seems to do 10x2 to 15x2 (against non armored units). I don't know if my Maria just has crazy strength or what, but she kicks butt haha.

Probably because you gave serra absorb which is basically useless on her. I kept assault for the damage. Also, with serra (and healers in general) you have to heal like an absolute psycho to get as much experience as possible. Heal even you're about to win. Heal even when you lost 1 health. Because of me doing that my serra has 600 sp and she's not even max level yet Lol. It'll probably be easier for Maria cause she can heal from far, and her heal is weaker so it take more to get to full and leveling up will be a lot easier.

For some reason this season---and it could be the introduction of Olwen and Reinhardt countering the fuck out of Ryoma, perhaps--I have not been able to get any defense points. My standard team of Ryoma/Takumi/RobinM/Olivia didn't work,  and even after I got frustrated enough to do the "dick move" of putting my other Takumi on the team--still nothing. 

Here's who I have

He2vMD0.png
2buP9sd.png

Any advice on building a defense team with what I have? Or I just got really unlucky

Edited by Thor Odinson

13 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

For some reason this season---and it could be the introduction of Olwen and Reinhardt countering the fuck out of Ryoma, perhaps--I have not been able to get any defense points. My standard team of Ryoma/Takumi/RobinM/Olivia didn't work,  and even after I got frustrated enough to do the "dick move" of putting my other Takumi on the team--still nothing.

Defense results seem to be very up to chance, so maybe you just got unlucky.

If you're *really* gunning for a win, you could always try Ryoma/Takumi/Takumi/Olivia. With 2 Takumis and a dancer, I'm almost certain somebody will miscalculate the actual range of your team.

10 minutes ago, Fly_or_Die said:

Defense results seem to be very up to chance, so maybe you just got unlucky.

If you're *really* gunning for a win, you could always try Ryoma/Takumi/Takumi/Olivia. With 2 Takumis and a dancer, I'm almost certain somebody will miscalculate the actual range of your team.

Yeah I tried that for a while, but still nothing so I put Robin back in. I'll switch it over again for the rest of the season, though.

Sucks since last season I got 262 first day with my standard, not double takumi team. I just want 500 feathers dammit

Edited by Thor Odinson

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I just fought an Effie in the arena who didn't learn Wary Fighter, not a rank of it. It almost made me rethink my life.

What level were they?  I'm not sure how much SP Wary Fighter costs, but maybe they didn't have enough for it yet.

I actually managed to get a better score today.  I wasn't really trying to, just playing Adv, trying to work on the Lunatic Quest.

Spoiler

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-03-05-10-53-

That is good for Rank 5615 as of now.  Wow, even a deathless streak doesn't get me into the top 5000 anymore.  Well, hopefully, I can stay in the top 10K.

3 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Here's who I have

Reveal hidden contents

He2vMD0.png
2buP9sd.png

Any advice on building a defense team with what I have? Or I just got really unlucky

I've seen a steady drop in my Defense Wins, I got 2 the very first day, this week, but only one since then.  I might try switching my Defense Team up a bit.  Maybe I'll put Olwen in there, once I get her to level 40.  I guess I could try cheese, like a 3 Brave Blue team or something, with Abel, Hinoka, and Olwen.