Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Speaking of surrendering after losing the Deathless streak, does that still consume the Dueling Crest to reset everything or do the opponents reroll and the player starts back from the beginning? I've been thinking about surrendering if I do lose a Deathless run, but am unsure if it still consumes the Crest.

Anyways, did an updated run with only one death. If this is how competitive the Arena is, I don't think I'll end up making it into the top 10k without merged units or someone like Hector or Effie on my team...

It doesn't help I didn't get any Defense victories this week either. I am going to be those 500 feathers short of a 5* promotion.

Offense Rating: 4,447 || Rank: 11,408
Team Ratings: Marth (173), Ryoma (174), Camilla (160), Ephraim (173) || Total: 680

Edited by Sire

• pianime94 changed the title to Arena Discussion Thread (Team, Score, Rank, etc)
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Sire said:

Speaking of surrendering after losing the Deathless streak, does that still consume the Dueling Crest to reset everything or do the opponents reroll and the player starts back from the beginning? I've been thinking about surrendering if I do lose a Deathless run, but am unsure if it still consumes the Crest.

Anyways, did an updated run with only one death. If this is how competitive the Arena is, I don't think I'll end up making it into the top 10k without merged units or someone like Hector or Effie on my team...

It doesn't help I didn't get any Defense victories this week either. I am going to be those 500 feathers short of a 5* promotion.

Offense Rating: 4,447 || Rank: 11,408
Team Ratings: Marth (173), Ryoma (174), Camilla (160), Ephraim (173) || Total: 680

You'll start over from the beginning if you surrender mid-battle. The dueling crest will also be wasted.

However, if you choose to surrender before picking your opponent, your dueling crest will be consumed but your chain still persists.

Edited by pianime94

I never thought to just surrender if I lost my deathless streak.

I suppose if surrendering before the battle doesn't break your streak, it would be a way to fish for a better opponent score.

29 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I never thought to just surrender if I lost my deathless streak.

I suppose if surrendering before the battle doesn't break your streak, it would be a way to fish for a better opponent score.

Yeah, higher level arena is stupidly competitive. A single death in an otherwise flawless Advanced run will instantly disqualify you from top 10k unless your team is stacked with something like 3 Hectors. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yeah, higher level arena is stupidly competitive. A single death in an otherwise flawless Advanced run will instantly disqualify you from top 10k unless your team is stacked with something like 3 Hectors. 

That seems to be true, my streak with only one death has me slightly below 10K right now.

Is there any data on how many people in total play the Arena in a given week?

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That seems to be true, my streak with only one death has me slightly below 10K right now.

Is there any data on how many people in total play the Arena in a given week?

Besides the fact that it's over 100k (given thats how low the rankings go, and there are people who score unranked)...I have absolutely no idea. If there is, I haven't found any such data :/

I think I've started to feel a difficulty creep with the higher arena tiers. It seems like all the teams I run into now are composed of solid A/S tier units. I've never had a perfect deathless 7-game streak, but this time I only had 1 or 2 games without any deaths. Surprisingly poor, all things considered.

4313 with 3 deaths in total I believe. Rank # 25,973 currently. Definetely going to clean it up with a different team and no deaths. Hopefully that will score me 4500~ points.

Edit: Really happy with the new score :)

IMG_5487.JPG

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

Hahaha... was practicing with the new team using the free swords and marginally improved my score from 4488 to 4490. :rolleyes:

So, final update for score of 4488:

• Ground Zero (1AM PST Mar 3) - #6207
  • After 13 Hours - #7023
  • After 35 Hours - #8207

Score of 4490:

• Ground Zero (1PM PST Mar 4) - #8030

So... 2 points increased my rank by 177, even after an hour for people to get ahead of me. I'm not holding my breath, but if people just stop trying again on Monday, I might be able to scoot by in the top 10k at something like #9800.

4 hours ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

4313 with 3 deaths in total I believe. Rank # 25,973 currently. Definetely going to clean it up with a different team and no deaths. Hopefully that will score me 4500~ points.

Edit: Really happy with the new score :)

Congrats!  I saw your level 37 character there and didn't know who she was... Sheena.. haven't seen her in a single arena match.  I'm not sure she was in the main game either, making me wonder if I've ever seen her in game.  Such a strange pull to have 5 star!  She would pair well in an Hector/Eiffie all tank comp with Pivot/Swap though!

29 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

Congrats!  I saw your level 37 character there and didn't know who she was... Sheena.. haven't seen her in a single arena match.  I'm not sure she was in the main game either, making me wonder if I've ever seen her in game.  Such a strange pull to have 5 star!  She would pair well in an Hector/Eiffie all tank comp with Pivot/Swap though!

Thank you! The reason I put her into the team was because of her rating. Really helped me boost my score even tho she didn't really do anything useful other than tanking Effies in arena. At level 37 she was my second highest rated character just behind Seliph who's currently at 182 and is a +2. Sheena is now lvl 40 and got a total of 180! That's just 2 points behind my Seliph. If I end up in 5k + I'll definetely try to get another flawless score now that she's 3 levels higher. 

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

7 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Ok, I'm sure this was already talked about, but how do you do the defend stuff? Like how do I pick my team and send them do it? Again, sorry if this has been asked. I may have missed it.

I think it's your 1st team. You can make 5 possible teams. Your defense team will be your 1st team out of those 5. The unit to the far left is the one that will be showing for the enemy when they get the option to select you. Makes for good baiting. If they don't win you get defense score. How the scoring works I have no idea.

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

Just now, TEHPWNZOR said:

I think it's your 1st team. You can make 5 possible teams. Your defense unit will be your 1st team out of those two. The unit to the far left is the one that will be showing for the enemy when they get the option to select you. Makes for good baiting. If they don't win you get defense score. How the scoring works I have no idea.

Is there away to tell which is your first team? Cause I've gotten mine all mix up lol. 

9 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Is there away to tell which is your first team? Cause I've gotten mine all mix up lol. 

Well, when you edit your team, there are 5 spots below your teams the current team is represented by the whitest spot. Then you just translate your teams until the white spot is on the spot on the left. I'm sorry, I don't have any screenshot yet to illustrate this, but if you have trouble, I can provide you one (I'm just too tired to do it now, again, I apologise :( )

23 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Absolutely. I'll post a screenshot to make it easier to understand. There are 5 white dots under the units. 1st one is highlighted meaning it's the 1st team.

My Sharena is still being worked on, but I put her in there to showcase how you could bait somebody into losing in arena. Sharena will be the unit showing when they get to choose which one to fight. If they have a strong green unit(s) they rely on, like Hector. They would obviously pick her without a second thought. What they don't know is that my team contains of mostly red units. In other words, they counter themselves and Julia is neutral vs greens. 

That's how it works in theory. Personally, I don't think it helps at all baiting at this stage, as the majority of the people are covering the whole weapon triangle when setting up a team.

IMG_5499.JPG

Edit: Luxian was faster than me^^

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

10 hours ago, pianime94 said:

You'll start over from the beginning if you surrender mid-battle. The dueling crest will also be wasted.

However, if you choose to surrender before picking your opponent, your dueling crest will be consumed but your chain still persists.

Holy crap. This changes so many different things that have happened in my life. I should look at this thread more often . . . .

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

Absolutely. I'll post a screenshot to make it easier to understand. There are 5 white dots under the units. 1st one is highlighted meaning it's the 1st team.

My Sharena is still being worked on but I put her in there to showcase how you could bait somebody into losing in arena. Sharena will be the unit showing when they get to choose which one to fight. If they have a strong green unit(s) they rely on like Hector they would obviously pick her without a second thought. What they don't know is that my team contains of mostly red units. In other words they counter themselves and Julia is neutral vs greens. 

That's how it works in theory. Personally I don't think it helps at all baiting at this stage as the majority of the people are covering the whole weapon triangle when setting up a team.

IMG_5499.JPG

Haha, I should thank you for being more detailed than I was ^^ 

I might be an odd one, but I never pay attention to the first unit, and just go fighting the advanced team recklessly xD

Anyway,right now I rank 12625 with the following ranks:-Offense Rank: 4440
-Defense Rank: 259
-Global Rank: 12 625

1 hour ago, Luxian said:

Well, when you edit your team, there are 5 spots below your teams the current team is represented by the whitest spot. Then you just translate your teams until the white spot is on the spot on the left. I'm sorry, I don't have any screenshot yet to illustrate this, but if you have trouble, I can provide you one (I'm just too tired to do it now, again, I apologise :( )

1 hour ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

My Sharena is still being worked on, but I put her in there to showcase how you could bait somebody into losing in arena. Sharena will be the unit showing when they get to choose which one to fight. If they have a strong green unit(s) they rely on, like Hector. They would obviously pick her without a second thought. What they don't know is that my team contains of mostly red units. In other words, they counter themselves and Julia is neutral vs greens. 

That's how it works in theory. Personally, I don't think it helps at all baiting at this stage, as the majority of the people are covering the whole weapon triangle when setting up a team.

IMG_5499.JPG

Thank you both so much! I don't know how I didn't see those dots haha. You all have been amazingly helpful. Thanks!

Also is Sharena good? I've been wanting to use her, but I always thought she was meh.

3 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Thank you both so much! I don't know how I didn't see those dots haha. You all have been amazingly helpful. Thanks!

Also is Sharena good? I've been wanting to use her, but I always thought she was meh.

She's a pretty good Blue unit.  The weapon she unlocks at 5* is pretty nice.  She does take quite an investment of Feathers, but she's a good option, if you haven't been lucky in Pulling any decent Blues.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

She's a pretty good Blue unit.  The weapon she unlocks at 5* is pretty nice.  She does take quite an investment of Feathers, but she's a good option, if you haven't been lucky in Pulling any decent Blues.

I've been using Flornia, just because I like her, but she does seem to die a lot...even though shes a four star lol. Maybe I will try her out. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I've been using Flornia, just because I like her, but she does seem to die a lot...even though shes a four star lol. Maybe I will try her out. Thanks!

Yeah, I have a Florina almost at level 40.  She's a bit bad.  She's got an Armorslayer, but she's not strong enough to one shot many, if any armors, even with WTA, and she's so fragile that she almost almost gets killed on the next round, if not on counterattack.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I have a Florina almost at level 40.  She's a bit bad.  She's got an Armorslayer, but she's not strong enough to one shot many, if any armors, even with WTA, and she's so fragile that she almost almost gets killed on the next round, if not on counterattack.

Yeah, it's sad. She is really awesome in FE7 if trained, but in this game she does lack something. I also like to use her cause I have a Lyn on my team, and they are like besties, so haha. But my team is Lyn (Level 40 5*) Florina (Level 35 4*) Cecilia (Level 37 4*) and Serra (Level 27 4*) not sure if its a good team or not, but I like it. Serra is new and in training lol. But I'm willing to shift things up a bit.