Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Soulkey said:

yep, create a new account and roll until you get two good S/SS units (optimal: lucina, hector, effie is not mandatory cuz can rolled at 4*). Then play offense arena.

I rolled over 80 times and no hector Q___Q. But I got lucina, effie with perfect ivs.

Yikes that 4843 score you have is monstrous.  I did the math to see what is going on and see that Minerva carries a whopping base 174 stat score as a flyer, holy heck.  Combine that with Effie and two of the highest score non tank reds and I see how you did it.  Very impressive.  I'm actually very curious what your clears looked like as your team suffers the same problems as my own (no magic damage and no ranged).  At a glance I'm suspecting you are using Effie's smite to help shove your units around to generate favorable splits.  

The part I'm having trouble figuring out is how your team deals with Takumi in general.  If I'm not mistake Minerva gets her special up after only one attack.  Does Minerva's special pop against Takumi's counter attack?  Or is she able to survive a single counter attack?  If neither of those are true then I assume you are baiting Takumi to Effie and then finishing him off.  Which is probably fine if they don't have another green or blue tomb user.  

I get the feeling your arena battles with that composition are very intense and hit and miss on 7 clears with zero deaths.

Edited by Katrisa

2 hours ago, Soulkey said:

someone active should open one and keep it up-to-date. 

~

IMG_6770.PNG

Holy Mackerel! nice job sir!

What + are your Effie/Eirika/Minerva's sitting at?

I'm also f2p but the way things are going, I won't be touching even top 10,000 by the time 7 days are up. Simply put, my best units' stats are not high enough to give me better scores.

Running into a similar issue here due to pretty bad luck with pulls. My best team can very reliably net the score that I've posted, but it's not worth very many points. I can run an iffier team, but its comp isn't very cohesive, leading to it being nearly impossible to pull deathless runs (and only through deathless will it score higher). I could technically pile together all my 5* now that I have enough for a full team, but that would be an incredibly stupid idea because 3x red swords would get obliterated by most defenses.

Hopefully, the Nino banner will solve that issue for me.

I haven't been able to do 7streak no deaths since switching Robin for Catria (although incidentally she makes dealing with Linde slightly easier, so that's something, but I have to play a lot more careful around Takumi now whereas before I didn't have to give a shit) so that's kinda sucking. I think I've almost figured out how to work with her, though. She does ORKO Tiki especially if I taped her to Ryoma the turn before, which is nice.  

But I haven't been able to beat my old score of 4390 because of it. 7streak no death was so much easier with Robin around. The Ryoma/Takumi/A Blue or Green Mage/Olivia set up works super well for me (though Robin has Spur Def which Ryoma likes having) and I miss that.

Here's to hoping I get Olwen or Reinhardt for the next arena round. Preferably Olwen given character bias, but I will be happy with either. I have Sanaki, but two reds will just make my Linde problem worse.

My defense team still runs Ryo/Taco/Robin/Olivia, though (possibly bc Olwen and Reinhardt exists now). Oddly enough I haven't gotten any defense points this round. I don't want to do the scummy thing and put my other Takumi on, though.

Right now I have 4323 and is rank 17700. I just hope it doesn't drop below 30k at this point, or I get my shit together with Catria and finally hit 4400, maybe.

Edited by Thor Odinson

4 hours ago, Soulkey said:

yep, create a new account and roll until you get two good S/SS units (optimal: lucina, hector, effie is not mandatory cuz can rolled at 4*). Then play offense arena.

I rolled over 80 times and no hector Q___Q. But I got lucina, effie with perfect ivs.

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I don't have a lot of patience/time to reroll until I get two S/SS units, I'll keep it in mind though

8 hours ago, Fei Mao said:

Dropped from 13,989 to 45,397 with my current score of 3,954. Looking for some suggestions for offense if someone doesn't mind.

This is my current offense team, I'm thinking of replacing Camilla with Abel to help deal with Takumi, greens will be a problem since Olivia isn't the greatest character to combat greens.

Hide contents

ly8uDEL.png

Your current team is all physical and melee.  You might want to switch out Narcian for Fem Robin or Cecilia to get a mage in there, as well as ranged.

Camilla is good, but suffers from a Takumi-heavy meta right now.  I notice you have 5* Abel, I might even suggest adding him in place of Camilla.  It would give you two Lance users, but Reds are the most common type in Meta right now.

Score update for 4360 Offense:

• Ground Zero (3AM PST on Mar 1) - #7360
  • 12 Hours Later - #9780
  • 36 Hours Later - #14 643

Kinda looks like the current rate is about the same as previous weeks, but with me starting further back. Can probably expect to fall to around 22-24k, assuming there's another big lull at the end of the week like last time.

Decided to take the plunge and 5* Sharena. Regardless of whether I get Nino (or Tharja, I guess) next banner, she'll still be a solid unit who has the kind of Spd my team sorely needs right now. If I can power level her fast enough, she might even be able to boost this week's score.

Day 1: 4,368 offense; rank 2,672 (4:30AM PST)
            4,368 offense; rank 3,883 (5:49PM PST)
Day 2: 4,368 offense; rank 8,891 (10:28PM PST)
Day 3: 4, 368 offense; rank 12,618 (4:53PM PST)

I would debate if I should roll my near 80 Orbs for Olwen or Reinhardt but I'm not counting my luck that hard.

Just anything to get me off the Narcian bonus characters.

For  4580 Offense:

Day 2 (1 Mar) 18:00 PST - Rank 545

Day 3 (2 Mar) 18:00 PST - Rank 790

I don't think I'll try bumping the score back up near last week's, I'd rather spend the rest of my matches playing with a team that I enjoy using.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I'd rather spend the rest of my matches playing with a team that I enjoy using.

Take that silly nonsense elsewhere.

I'm dreading when the Bonus Heroes Change and I don't have any of the current Banner characters.  I really lucked out that Julia turned out well, this time.  I guess I'll need to switch her out for Robin next time.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Take that silly nonsense elsewhere.

I'm dreading when the Bonus Heroes Change and I don't have any of the current Banner characters.  I really lucked out that Julia turned out well, this time.  I guess I'll need to switch her out for Robin next time.

NEVER, NINO EMBLEM FOR LIFE! ALL PRAISE THE SPARKLY-EYED SLAUGHTERER

I'm in a similar boat on the bonus heroes, really. I decided to track down an Azura, and ended up with the entire Family Bonds focus as a side-effect. Once they get dropped from the bonus hero rotation...Optimistically I'd still be in the 10k range, but I really have no idea.

Edited by LordFrigid

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

NEVER, NINO EMBLEM FOR LIFE! ALL PRAISE THE SPARKLY-EYED SLAUGHTERER

I'm in a similar boat on the bonus heroes, really. I decided to track down an Azura, and ended up with the entire Family Bonds focus as a side-effect. Once they get dropped from the bonus hero rotation...Optimistically I'd still be in the 10k range, but I really have no idea.

I've got a 4* Nino with actually good IVs all ready to promote.  I'd like to get enough feathers for a back-up promotion, first though.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I've got a 4* Nino with actually good IVs all ready to promote.  I'd like to get enough feathers for a back-up promotion, first though.

My Nino is +Def/−Res. No idea whether these are suitable for her. She's only 3⋆ though.

7 hours ago, Fei Mao said:

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I don't have a lot of patience/time to reroll until I get two S/SS units, I'll keep it in mind though

Don't. Unlike what some whales think, you don't need SS units to do well in the arena. Just because a unit requires half a brain to use well doesn't make it bad. The top ranks are usually filled with hackers and whales and their +10 units, which f2p players cannot compete with. My entire team consists of mostly "A-tier" units(completely subjective) and I can break 4.3k easily, and broke 4.4k this week. Make do with what you have, you don't need crutches to succeed in the arena. After all, this is a strategy game.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My Nino is +Def/−Res. No idea whether these are suitable for her. She's only 3⋆ though.

I'd say that's an benign nature for her.  Nino's pretty frail, so she's not going to take many hits anyway, but it's not a nature that hurts her, like a -Atk or Spd would.

My Nino is +Spd,-Def, which is one of the best possible Natures for her.  It allows her to Double just about everybody, and she's pretty much dead if she gets hit by melee anyway, so the -Def is an acceptable trade-off.

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That's fair. I'd love to see how a +Spd Nino goes, actually. I've been wondering whether +Spd or +Atk is better on her. I'll probably end up running some numbers over the weekend.

31 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

tbh as long as she doesn't have her Atk or Spd hit she'll tear up the Arena. As something of a benchmark, mine's +Def/-HP, will one-shot +Res or +HP Takumi if the buffs are done right, and can eat one hit from him otherwise (she'd actually survive one hit from even +Atk Takumi, but obviously straight up one-shotting him is preferable). However, since she's just a 3*...I'd strongly consider waiting to get a better combination.

Edited by LordFrigid

So, 5* level 40 Sharena is a monster. First attempt of the night with her replacing Gordin netted me a deathless Advanced 7-chain that greatly improved my score. Of note is that with Hone Atk 3, she can one-round most Julias through sheer raw power. Scary stuff. She was also the fast bruiser that I needed, so that she could bait without getting doubled, often double the enemies, and hit like a Mack truck. She could also go toe-to-toe with a lot of blues that gave me pause before, while at the same time totally shutting down the reds. I was worried about going triple melee when my only ranged nuker was a shaky -Spd M!Robin, but Sharena took enough pressure off of him that I was generally in advantageous position. Also, stacking Fortify Def with Spur Def is borderline unfair. In my final match, there was this poor Hector who was doing 0 damage to Seliph because Fortify Def + Spur Def + the debuff from Sharena's spear gave Seiph a whopping effective Def of 42. After weapon triangle, Hector had nothing.

Anyway, my new score is 4488:

• Ground Zero (1AM PST Mar 3) - #6207