Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Same.. no defense victory.

Cannot crack 4K this week. Got to be the robin fault (at 35)

though... I seem to be able to complete every map easily with one sometimes 2 or 3... units dying. I cant help .. that my unit are so fragile. Halp?

5* Roy/Ephraim/Tharja/Raven/Hawkeye, 4* Robin (5* nowi in training w/ Robin at 35 now)

Using Ephraim/Thar/Raven and Robin. (The combo with Roy instead of Robin has net me 4.2K last week until hero bonus change)

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get loads of defence victories.

Here's how I see it.

For offense you want diversity.
For defence you want to specialize. Something that will crush a certain compesition. For me it's 4 Cavalier units (Gunther, Eliwood, Abel and Cecila) but one of the most frustrating matches I hgad was against someone who put 4 blue units as his team. Which crushes a 2 red, 2 blue compesition.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'll be happy when the next round of Bonus Characters comes in.  Olwen, I appreciate your effort, but you're either bad, or you just clash with my team.  Switching Abel out to put her in, really broke up my team's synergy.  I miss having him to take out the ubiquitous Sword users.  Even with her Dire Thunder, she struggles to take out anybody, and her HP and Def is too low to really survive in melee.

My Julia, Abel, Baby Tiki, Takumi team was just so good, and I find it hard to make a team that incorporates Olwen.  Her speed is low, so she can't x4, like Camilla, and her Atk is to low to reliably kill with her Brave Tome.  Couple that with low HP and mediocre defenses.  I hear that fem Robin isn't much better.

Fem Robin isn't great, though every now and then I manage to drag some usefulness out of her.

Sitting at 4,218 score with 4* 40 Fem!Robin, and then fully maxed out Male Robin, Takumi, and Fem!Corrin. Fem!Corrin helps a lot, with -Res on anything she targets, and then -speed and -attack on everything else. Best I've done is only 2 units loss.

For your team: experiment with taking out Takumi maybe? I mean if you haven't got a good combo yet, you've got nothing to lose by rotating out other units and seeing how things go. If you have any Goad Calvary units could go for a full Calvary team.

1 hour ago, TheNiddo said:

Fem Robin isn't great, though every now and then I manage to drag some usefulness out of her.

Sitting at 4,218 score with 4* 40 Fem!Robin, and then fully maxed out Male Robin, Takumi, and Fem!Corrin. Fem!Corrin helps a lot, with -Res on anything she targets, and then -speed and -attack on everything else. Best I've done is only 2 units loss.

For your team: experiment with taking out Takumi maybe? I mean if you haven't got a good combo yet, you've got nothing to lose by rotating out other units and seeing how things go. If you have any Goad Calvary units could go for a full Calvary team.

I managed to scrap together an Offense Score of 4228 with Olwen, Hector, Baby Tiki, and Takumi.  I tried rotating Julia back in for Hector and swapping in Abel for Takumi, but I like Takumi's physical range.  Olwen helps a little, moving Hector around, but it can be hard to set up well.  I love having Tiki as a tank, and like having 2 Magic/ 2 Physical with 2 range, 2 melee, but Olwen throws a wrench into the mix.

I've been saving my Crests, and only doing my 3 matches a day, since there isn't a mission to work towards, like there was last month.

Man, Eldigan really helps with that rating, huh. I'm stuck with 4* Sully as my bonus.

A bunch of people suddenly slammed their faces into my team and lost overnight for some reason; I had zero Defense wins last night. Guess I'll be taking those 500 feathers this week too.

I ended up dropping Kagero for Eirika this round, with FRobin being weaker than Nino, I needed the point boost. I managed to get a 7 streak with a single death, which I'm alright with, considering how dead weight Robin can be in some matchups. An end score of 4416 offense puts me at rank 6711 at the time of posting. Either people were more focused on the voting gauntlet, or haven't been adjusting well to this group of bonus characters, because the marginal increase compared to my prior scores shouldn't be such a massive rank jump. I know there was the recent banwaves, but they couldn't have knocked out that many people, could they?

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

An end score of 4416 offense puts me at rank 6711 at the time of posting. 

Man, you and I are only 2 points and 99 places apart in the Arena. Just goes to show how much one point is worth at 4200+ in the Arena.

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Man, you and I are only 2 points and 99 places apart in the Arena. Just goes to show how much one point is worth at 4200+ in the Arena.

Yeah, I recall a similar large gap with few points a round or two earlier compared with Lumi.

11 hours ago, Silith13 said:

I get loads of defence victories.

Here's how I see it.

For offense you want diversity.
For defence you want to specialize. Something that will crush a certain compesition. For me it's 4 Cavalier units (Gunther, Eliwood, Abel and Cecila) but one of the most frustrating matches I hgad was against someone who put 4 blue units as his team. Which crushes a 2 red, 2 blue compesition.

This is basically what I do for defense. I have Ephraim, Sharena, Reinhardt, and Robin (all 5*) as my Arena defense, and I've gotten a bunch of defense victories because the all-blue team throws a lot of people off. 

So can we talk about the new map, the one that puts a billion forests in front of you? You can't reposition at all because of the forests and mountains in front of every single unit, so you get funneled into the left or right, and run out of space because fliers everywhere. ALL of my deaths have come from that map.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So can we talk about the new map, the one that puts a billion forests in front of you? You can't reposition at all because of the forests and mountains in front of every single unit, so you get funneled into the left or right, and run out of space because fliers everywhere. ALL of my deaths have come from that map.

Is that map even new? I remember it from the previous season or even one before that.

You're talking this one, aren't you?

1kNBMEE.png

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Is that map even new? I remember it from the previous season or even one before that.

You're talking this one, aren't you?

Hide contents

1kNBMEE.png

Yup, but I don't remember it being in the last one.

Must have spent like 7 swords now. I guess I just have to accept I'm not getting a no-death run with shitty Sully on my team.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

z2XZltVl.png

Aaaaa thank you, Arrow person.

I think I got this before switching my defense team according to Silith13's suggestion.

My previous defense team: Julia, Ryoma, Hinoka, Palla.

On a side note, I'm surprised I'm still meeting Camillas in the Arena.

Edited by pianime94

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA again checkmated into a death situation because of Takumi. Screw this.

The 620~630 tier of the Arena is so much harder to deal with than the 640 tier. Instead of Hectorland, I have to fight in Olivialand, as well as a bunch of units that I don't know the matchup to.

If only Sully could actually take a hit, my life would be so much easier.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3/8/2017 - Rank 4,573; offense 4,354 (10:42PM PST)
3/9/2017 - Rank 7,079; offense 4,354 (3:32PM PST)
3/12/2017 - Rank 8,207; offense 4,402 (1:03AM PST)

I hope to stay in the top 10K by the end of the season. I'm pretty sure that's the highest score I've ever gotten. I'm a bit proud.

The team was:

- +Res/-HP Ryoma (replaced +Res/-Atk Olivia)
- +Spd/-HP Sully (bonus)
- +Atk/-Spd M!Robin
- +Spd/-HP Camilla (replaced +Spd/-Def Marth)

Ranting + post-run evaluation

Spoiler

No.
No.
Stop it, Catria/Cordelia/Linde.

I had failed deathless attempts with a previous team of Ryoma, Marth, M!Robin, and Sully because of any of the three above. Sully has weak offense to anything not a Red and Ryoma and Marth would get seriously hurt or die. +Spd/-HP Sully will die to Cordelia on enemy phase just because her HP is too low to handle x2 20+ damage. Without Olivia, M!Robin has to two-round over two turns Cordelia and he can't afford that since she'll kill him on enemy phase with x4 attacks. Linde is Linde and Catria is annoying with Moonbow.

So after a few failed deathless runs, I swapped Marth for Camilla... and of course the three above seemed to disappear until the Final Boss, where there was a Catria. Camilla and Catria had to play tag. Had to distract a Ryoma with Speed and Defense boosted M!Robin since Ryoma was heading towards Camilla and Catria. It wasn't a big loss bringing Camilla since she handled Nowi's easy.

Can I just say that without Olivia, Ryoma is such a blessing? Despite being fragile and having a wonky nature, he handles Julia's easy and his high Speed makes neutral match-ups really helpful, even if he can't double. And thank god that he can double some variants of Takumi's. +Atk M!Robin's fatal flaw against Takumi is that he's not likely to one-shot Takumi.

Question if anyone knows: I saw a Level 1 team in Advanced despite coming in with a Level 40 team. What's that all about? How did the system pit me up with a Level 1 team in Advanced? It only rewarded something like 360+ points as well.

Edited by Dual Dragons

43 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

huVwVYn.jpg

Julius' Julia-led team (the irony!) brought me another 100 feathers, which Akuru's Lilina-led team could not. Thank you guys!

That's probably why Julius attacked Julia with the Loptyr tome tbh

@Dual Dragons Might be a bug? If you report that, they might hand out free orbs again lol.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

23 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

3/8/2017 - Rank 4,573; offense 4,354 (10:42PM PST)
3/9/2017 - Rank 7,079; offense 4,354 (3:32PM PST)
3/12/2017 - Rank 8,207; offense 4,402 (1:03AM PST)

I hope to stay in the top 10K by the end of the season. I'm pretty sure that's the highest score I've ever gotten. I'm a bit proud.

The team was:

- +Res/-HP Ryoma (replaced +Res/-Atk Olivia)
- +Spd/-HP Sully (bonus)
- +Atk/-Spd M!Robin
- +Spd/-HP Camilla (replaced +Spd/-Def Marth)

Ranting + post-run evaluation

Reveal hidden contents

No.
No.
Stop it, Catria/Cordelia/Linde.

I had failed deathless attempts with a previous team of Ryoma, Marth, M!Robin, and Sully because of any of the three above. Sully has weak offense to anything not a Red and Ryoma and Marth would get seriously hurt or die. +Spd/-HP Sully will die to Cordelia on enemy phase just because her HP is too low to handle x2 20+ damage. Without Olivia, M!Robin has to two-round over two turns Cordelia and he can't afford that since she'll kill him on enemy phase with x4 attacks. Linde is Linde and Catria is annoying with Moonbow.

So after a few failed deathless runs, I swapped Marth for Camilla... and of course the three above seemed to disappear until the Final Boss, where there was a Catria. Camilla and Catria had to play tag. Had to distract a Ryoma with Speed and Defense boosted M!Robin since Ryoma was heading towards Camilla and Catria. It wasn't a big loss bringing Camilla since she handled Nowi's easy.

Can I just say that without Olivia, Ryoma is such a blessing? Despite being fragile and having a wonky nature, he handles Julia's easy and his high Speed makes neutral match-ups really helpful, even if he can't double. And thank god that he can double some variants of Takumi's. +Atk M!Robin's fatal flaw against Takumi is that he's not likely to one-shot Takumi.

Question if anyone knows: I saw a Level 1 team in Advanced despite coming in with a Level 40 team. What's that all about? How did the system pit me up with a Level 1 team in Advanced? It only rewarded something like 360+ points as well.

Oh, I actually got this too before. I only got like 240~ points even though I have F Robin in team.and I went ???. I thought I accidentally picked Beginner or something, but that's impossible because the lowest I can get is 250~ in Beginner.

Somehow managed to get my score to 4,161 with a level 32 Jagen in my team after disabling his Fury skill and having him use Fortify Res 2 as opposed to Fortify Cavalry. This guy is simply trash without other mounted units in the team. He may have decent Res but he gets doubled by absolutely everything, and his Def is pretty poor for someone wearing full body armour. I essentially got this score with only 3 units.

My only other option is to raise up Robin-F, but she's still only 3* and I'm not wasting my feathers on her. When is the next rotation of arena units coming?

*Spends 11 swords out of rage just to get 40 more points than before 3,917->3,957 *

Rank 58,234

The arena is just getting too frustrating for me, I need to vent sorry. It's so frustrating without an anti-takumi and hector unit, my Olivia and F. Robin are dead weights if my two  frontliners fall. (Abel or Sharena and Camilla) Every time when I'm having a good streak it's always Takumi, Hector, Minerva, and other strong characters that always end it, the tilt is making me want to throw my tablet across the room. I'd roll but I'm currently hoarding gems so when a unit that I like comes out I can roll, but with how things are going right now, the game is saying roll or die in the arena.

Edited by Fei Mao