Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of enemy teams. I met today a bonfire vantage 3 hector with olivia, rein and lucina. Camilla one shotted rein with rally atk (she was left at 1hp), the other three clustered themeselves until nowi baited danced!hector, she doubled him but he went straight to bonfire AND vantage mode. I freaked and cornered my dudes until I realized my nowi was at defiant atk 2 and vantage 2 mode so I just left her there to fart hector. Then lucina came and she was one farted too, and then olivia was ignis'd and gg. But the arena teams are getting quite monstruous.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

All equipped skills change your arena rating, it's part of the April update.

O! Didn't know that. So if my defense team is three people with no weapons and passives, and one Ryoma on steroids, I fight noobs trying to get wins?

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

O! Didn't know that. So if my defense team is three people with no weapons and passives, and one Ryoma on steroids, I fight noobs trying to get wins?

At that point you might as well leave your defense team Ryoma only. That said, I'm pretty sure it tries to match you with similar teams.

That is, 1 high level unit and 3 backpacks would fight 1 high level unit and 3 backpacks, if possible.

1 hour ago, Lyrai said:

Correction. Drag Back has two versions. One as an utility skill, one as a B skill. One that drags your teammate back, and one that drags back your target after initiating.

My interpretation of Satsuma's Kagero is that she's scary against anything, and obliterates any infantry units.

No, the only "Drag Back" is the B skill. The assist is called "Draw Back".

https://feheroes.wiki/Draw_Back

Took me a while to pick up on it, too.

Drawing is pleasant and likely something you'd do for your friends. Dragging less so.

They really should've called one of them Retreat or Pull Back something.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Speaking of enemy teams. I met today a bonfire vantage 3 hector with olivia, rein and lucina. Camilla one shotted rein with rally atk (she was left at 1hp), the other three clustered themeselves until nowi baited danced!hector, she doubled him but he went straight to bonfire AND vantage mode. I freaked and cornered my dudes until I realized my nowi was at defiant atk 2 and vantage 2 mode so I just left her there to fart hector. Then lucina came and she was one farted too, and then olivia was ignis'd and gg. But the arena teams are getting quite monstruous.

I once met a team that has Vantage on everyone.

Spoiler

Ryoma vantaged all of them back

Edited by pianime94

On 4/16/2017 at 0:33 AM, Ice Dragon said:

New score is 4,982 (0 deaths)
New rank is 211.

Score is still 4,982 (0 deaths).
Rank is now 227.

It looks like I picked up two new successful defenses with my new defense team, one worth 301 and the other 303.

Current defense team:

+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, S HP +3)
+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Rally Def, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, S Atk +1)
+4 Reinhardt [+Atk, -Spd] (Dire Thunder, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cavalry)
+10 Lucina [+Spd, -Res] (Falchion, Luna, Fury 3, Desperation 2, Spur Atk 3, S Spd +1)

Currently grinding SP for Ninian and Lucina to learn more things. I'll work on Reinhardt later.

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Rank is now 227.

It looks like I picked up two new successful defenses with my new defense team, one worth 301 and the other 303.

Current defense team:

+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, S HP +3)
+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Rally Def, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, S Atk +1)
+4 Reinhardt [+Atk, -Spd] (Dire Thunder, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cavalry)
+10 Lucina [+Spd, -Res] (Falchion, Luna, Fury 3, Desperation 2, Spur Atk 3, S Spd +1)

Yeow! You're giving anyone who wants to attack you no mercy! ><

Hmm... maybe I'll do a little analysis (just for my own satisfaction!)

That's three blue units and one red. Your bane would be a magically tanky green unit. Julia could spell an end to your team swiftly. A team that plays around as Julia while avoiding Lucina is key. Otherwise, a Lightning breath Fae could do the same against Reindhart, or just go face 2 face with the dragons and come out on top. And then, a red / blue unit with swordbreaker can take out Lucina while playing carefully around Ninian's dance ability. Greens with low RES (Taking Michalis as example) can survive against either Nowi and Ninian, and with QR, can bait into killing them safely while taking only little damage due to TA.

Your boon would be anyone who uses a Red unit. Any red unit would cringe in fear before your team. Fellow blue units have a chance, but unlikely. Some greens will survive with critical health against Reindhart, but they cannot tank another hit afterwards. Colorless units have the same problem as fellow blue units, but some healers can take a hit or two from either dragons.

Edited by Lyrai

40 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Yeow! You're giving anyone who wants to attack you no mercy! ><

Hmm... maybe I'll do a little analysis (just for my own satisfaction!)

That's three blue units and one red. Your bane would be a magically tanky green unit. Julia could spell an end to your team swiftly. A team that plays around as Julia while avoiding Lucina is key. Otherwise, a Lightning breath Fae could do the same against Reindhart, or just go face 2 face with the dragons and come out on top. And then, a red / blue unit with swordbreaker can take out Lucina while playing carefully around Ninian's dance ability. Greens with low RES (Taking Michalis as example) can survive against either Nowi and Ninian, and with QR, can bait into killing them safely while taking only little damage due to TA.

Your boon would be anyone who uses a Red unit. Any red unit would cringe in fear before your team. Fellow blue units have a chance, but unlikely. Some greens will survive with critical health against Reindhart, but they cannot tank another hit afterwards. Colorless units have the same problem as fellow blue units, but some healers can take a hit or two from either dragons.

Interestingly enough, One-Punch Chrom (DB3 + Atk) does very well against his team, partly because he gets 2 punches in against Reinhardt, and that's just not fair with his ATK stat. (Spoiler Alert: Reinhardt dies.)

Lucina fails to 1RKO because =Chrom +4 is simply bulky enough to take it with his Def (and Sword-breaker Chrom gets 2 punches in, again, simply unfair).

Nowi he can't do much against---higher merge levels (6 or higher) manage to do more than 50% of her HP in damage, but that's it, he gets 1HKOd on the counter---he can work as a finisher, but the main damage has to come from somewhere else. Chrom needs Dragon Fang to kill her, which is another way of saying he won't be killing her. (Dragonic Aura needs 9 more damage at +0).

Ninan is the same story, except she needs a double to KO (and drops to 17 hp even vs. +0 Chrom). A Dragonic Aura kills her, though. (you charge this by running into Lucina, with swordbreaker, you take 1 hit, deal 2 to have it primed.)

With Azura, however, everything becomes a lot simpler:

She chips Nowi down to 1HKO range for Chrom if you get her to tank the hit on EP (on player phase she dies due to QR).

She dances to let Chrom Reinhardt and gtfo, and then kill Lucina and gtfo, then kill Ninian and gtfo.

The most dangerous part of the team is Reinhardt, of course, and improper AI prediction or spacing will get Chrom killed. @ +0 for both Chrom and Azura, Azura will need Moonbow to chip Nowi low enough, otherwise she won't need a special at all.

Edit: Unfortunately, the charge times don't work properly for this team with Dragonic Aura---Aether is superior since it's perfectly charged after killing Rein and Lucina. A +4 buff to Atk (replace fort res with hone Atk on Azura), will have Chrom neatly finishing Ninian in 1 hit through TA 3, to compensate for Aether's lower damage output.

@Ice Dragon Don't take this too seriously, I hope. I'm just theory crafting the silliest team that can take yours down with minimum resources.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Rank is now 227.

Current defense team:

Currently grinding SP for Ninian and Lucina to learn more things. I'll work on Reinhardt later.

Three +10s? Really? Man, you Wishiwashi lmao. I wish I had that

17 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Don't take this too seriously, I hope. I'm just theory crafting the silliest team that can take yours down with minimum resources.

No worries. I have no intent of spoiling some strategizing fun.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Three +10s? Really? Man, you Wishiwashi lmao. I wish I had that

If the game would let me field more, I would.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Score of 4,768 is now rank 4,854. Won't be staying in top 5k, which is annoying because I still got no defence victories. 500 feathers down the drain.

Still hanging in there! Rank 4,913 at the moment, 15 hours to go. No successful defences. Attack me, I beg of you!

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

If the game would let me field more, I would.

All we need is some fool to oppose you, then we'd have a good cartoon/anime. The Ice Dragon and his army of super minions.

Btw, why does Rein have Goad Cavalry? Just filler for when you get him something else? Why not run Spur Atk 2?

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Still hanging in there! Rank 4,913 at the moment, 15 hours to go. No successful defences. Attack me, I beg of you!

See me in the streets

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Btw, why does Rein have Goad Cavalry? Just filler for when you get him something else? Why not run Spur Atk 2?

Filler. He'll be running way in front of everyone else anyways, so I don't really mind leaving it as it is until I can give him some proper attention.

My other units, on the other hand, are all strapped for SP, which is why there are a few less-than-optimal assist and special skills (e.g. missing entirely) lying around as well.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Filler. He'll be running way in front of everyone else anyways, so I don't really mind leaving it as it is until I can give him some proper attention.

My other units, on the other hand, are all strapped for SP, which is why there are a few less-than-optimal assist and special skills (e.g. missing entirely) lying around as well.

Can't have you spending too much money after spending a lot of money already! :3

Anyway, yes. I like to strategycraft your team. I'd hate to meet you in battle though. I lack a green magic tank. Oh how I want Julia and her Naga tome that saved Judgral. :)

My arena score is 4493. I got a deathless run just before 1.2.0 came in. Now I am struggling to get a deathless run, and my attempts to break this record have been for naught. As of now, this number's ranking is 49.503. I got 287 defense points.

Edited by Lyrai

Unfortunately, it looks I won't be able to stay in top 1k this season :/

My final score for the season (unless I spend crests to fish for higher points, but I don't know if it's worth it) is 4810, which nets me rank 1259 atm. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Unfortunately, it looks I won't be able to stay in top 1k this season :/

My final score for the season (unless I spend crests to fish for higher points, but I don't know if it's worth it) is 4810, which nets me rank 1259 atm. 

You did well! The arena is very tough as of now, and I'm already trying to change my team lineup. I believe the top 1k will be very tough to get either way, I don't recommend spending way too many dueling swords.

I guess I'll pass on taking Sharena to 5 stars and bring my +ATK Cecilia from 3* instead...? There's just so many blues out there, don't you think?

Edited by Lyrai

6 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Can't have you spending too much money after spending a lot of money already! :3

It's more just Reinhardt is good enough with just Death Blow 3 that I feel I should be devoting my time (spent running calcs and checking inventory, mostly) working on the characters that need more work to shine (and destroy more challengers).

I'm currently working on getting Lucina the SP to max out Desperation (just finished switching Luna to Moonbow an hour ago for better single-round damage), and getting Nowi and Ninian the SP to give them a special skill (not sure if I want to use Moonbow or one of the medium-cooldown skills due to Lightning Breath's penalty). Reinhardt can wait.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Awwww, my rank just plummeted down to 5,101 with score of 4,768. I can haz defence win, pretty please?

I hate that tree map with a passion.

Had to verse a team of Robin, Olivia, Ryoma and Jeorge...the fact that Olivia was in slot 2 between Ryoma and Robin was really bad no matter what my team arrangement was. Those trees really stuff up my Gunter + Ursula core.

Then I forgot Ryoma had Vantage- it all went downhill from there. That was the last win I needed for a streak as well....