Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

15 hours ago, Othin said:

My guess is that it applies to all skills but uses the skill's normal SP cost. Inherited skills cost 1.5x as much SP to learn but are presumably only worth their normal SP cost in affecting scoring.

I'm sure it just checks the base cost.  I got the same spread of opponent levels with my Lucina having her default Defiant Speed 3 and when I gave her Darting Blow 3.  If it checked the cost "for that unit", I should have gotten a consistently higher (even if only by 2 points or so) enemy spread.

42 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

In the spirit of competition, this is yucky.

Defense wins should be earned not handed out. 

The competition is on offense, not defense.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, GinRei said:

The competition is on offense, not defense.

This is just how I personally fell about it, but I don't want to get a defense win just because someone forfeits against my team. Sure, a win is nice, especially if it's your only one, but you won't learn anything from it. I want to find a combination of a team/skills that consistently gets wins for real.

And yeah the competition is on offense. So having a defense team that can potentially break a 7-win streak by someone can directly influence where I and everyone else end up on the rankings.

If people consistently continue to get gimmie wins on defense, they won't try to fix something that they don't perceive as broken, and then other people who are actually trying to win will be able to take advantage of any flaws that their defense team has.

It might not matter all that much, but again, this is just how I feel about it. If anyone wants to be a kind Samaritan they can go ahead and do it. I have just always had the mentality of trying my best in all stages of competition regardless of the situation (unless playing with small children).

10 minutes ago, Thalyon said:

How do you get more score per enemy team? The max I can get is 682 points but usually is 678...

Enemy scores are based off of how strong your team is. Increasing your heroes stats through merges/leveling/rarity promotions, and adding skills to them will increase the score of the enemy teams you face. It is believed that the base cost of a skill affects how much of an increase you will have.

Well...ran into Armor Emblem today. The enemy team was:

• Gwendolyn (4* +10): Distant Counter, Renewal 3, Ward Armor, Reciprocal Aid, Bonfire, Killer Lance+, HP +3 seal
  • Zephiel (5* +1): Distant Counter, Wary Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Pivot, Bonfire, Eckesachs, Atk +1 seal
  • Hector (5* +10): Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Ward Armor, Pivot, Bonfire, Armads, Spd +1 seal
  • Effie (5* +2): Distant Counter, Wary Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Smite, Bonfire, Silver Lance+

It was a little scary. I messed up the positioning on turn 2 (it was the breakable wall map so they got to me pretty quickly) and had to take an extra turn getting Nino all the buffs she needed to 2HKO Hector, but after that, it was basically a game of pick-off-the-ward-armors, because the only blue on my team is Azura, and she had to duel Zephiel =P .

Anyways...changed up the team to include Anna instead of Ike (who was basically deadweight against the heavily merged enemies), and after some modifications & testing, worked up a score of 4968, which is currently rank 451 (7 am PDT 5/7).

I think I'll just make all three of the Askr units into WoM/Reposition/Spur bots at this point (yes, Anna has both Nóatún and WoM. Not the greatest, combat-wise, but it lets her do what I need her to do).

Edited by LordFrigid

52 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

This is just how I personally fell about it, but I don't want to get a defense win just because someone forfeits against my team. Sure, a win is nice, especially if it's your only one, but you won't learn anything from it. I want to find a combination of a team/skills that consistently gets wins for real.

And yeah the competition is on offense. So having a defense team that can potentially break a 7-win streak by someone can directly influence where I and everyone else end up on the rankings.

If people consistently continue to get gimmie wins on defense, they won't try to fix something that they don't perceive as broken, and then other people who are actually trying to win will be able to take advantage of any flaws that their defense team has.

It might not matter all that much, but again, this is just how I feel about it. If anyone wants to be a kind Samaritan they can go ahead and do it. I have just always had the mentality of trying my best in all stages of competition regardless of the situation (unless playing with small children).

Enemy scores are based off of how strong your team is. Increasing your heroes stats through merges/leveling/rarity promotions, and adding skills to them will increase the score of the enemy teams you face. It is believed that the base cost of a skill affects how much of an increase you will have.

I see! Ok thanks for the info! Then I'm afraid that I can't score higher this season hehe

Just improved my score from 4747 - rank ~15,000

to a score of 4836 - rank 2179

Kinda pissed because I completely blew a run on the 7th battle that would have given me 4850 so I had to use 2 dueling crests to get another run in (I usually don't use any crests and just do the 3 free battles per day). Not too big a deal though since I don't think 4850 would have cracked the top 1000 anyway.

rank 1 and my score is 5152. 
About the arena point scoring system for me it is a bit wierd. Sometime i need to equip bonfire on my hector or effie in order to get a higher arena point match up which is quite strange. And for b skill i test it out and there isnt really different in point for vantage or QR or thing like that. At least for me. 

https://ibb.co/jQREd5

Capture6.PNG

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Reveal hidden contents

VRBOEsT.jpg

This is… not how colour-stacking is supposed to work, is it?

It only needs to work once!  I can imagine some team with two greens whose run this team can screw up. 

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hide contents

VRBOEsT.jpg

I wouldn't say so, no. 

I'm sure Sharena was pleased though. 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Reveal hidden contents

VRBOEsT.jpg

personally i think green or blue spam is better due to cluster of tomato unit. But sure it might work in case they can comhow touch green unit b4 getting kill :D

I managed to put together a Deathless Streak with my Horse Emblem team.  I get slightly lower scores per match, but the fights are generally easier, so that's a trade-off, I guess.  My team is Titania, Ursula, Xander, and Abel.

Score of 4790, gives a rank of 6881.  I guess merging my Titanias might push me into a higher score threshold, but I'm under the Top 10K, so I'm happy.  I've got like 90 Crests, but I like saving them, just in case.

Just now, Rezzy said:

My team is Titania, Ursula, Xander, and Abel.

I know your Ursula has Blarblade, so I have one question.....

Is hone+Fortify cavalry Blarblade as busted as it sounds? And What's the highest damage you've dealt if you can remember?

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Is hone+Fortify cavalry Blarblade as busted as it sounds? And What's the highest damage you've dealt if you can remember?

My Gronnblade+ Cecilia with only Hone Cavalry hits neutral Azura for 67 damage.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

My Gronnblade+ Cecilia with only Hone Cavalry hits neutral Azura for 67 damage.

I didn't ask for just hone, I want both ! >:(

Also, I have my own Blarblade Ursula build anyway so i just want to see how busted it is before I turn my Ursula into a psychopath.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I didn't ask for just hone, I want both ! >:(

Also, I have my own Blarblade Ursula build anyway so i just want to see how busted it is before I turn my Ursula into a psychopath.

Blarblade+ Life and Death 3 Ursula with both Hone Cavalry and Fortify Cavalry hits neutral vanilla Hinata for 89 damage.

39 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I remember having several attacks in the 70s.  She's got 42 Atk before any buffs, so with Hone+Fortify, I think that gives her an effective Atk of 78 with Darting Blow.  I also gave her a Speed Seal, so her Speed is 39 with Hone.

It seems Nino is my biggest threat against my team, but I even took out a Nino with Moonbow up.

Edited by Rezzy

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I remember having several attacks in the 70s.  She's got 42 Atk before any buffs, so with Hone+Fortify, I think that gives her an effective Atk of 78 with Darting Blow.  I also gave her a Speed Seal, so her Speed is 39 with Hone.

This is what I want to see! I like that!

She even kills Nino with moonbow too eh?

Spoiler

Hee hee hee

HEH HEH HEH

HOI HOI HOI

HA HA HA!

HAR HAR HAR

4 hours ago, Whistle said:

About the arena point scoring system for me it is a bit wierd. Sometime i need to equip bonfire on my hector or effie in order to get a higher arena point match up which is quite strange. And for b skill i test it out and there isnt really different in point for vantage or QR or thing like that. At least for me. 

Capture6.PNG

Wow, I was actually wondering how high of a score #1 was and top 100 too.

I would imagine that your match-ups will work a little differently than most other peoples since it tries to match you up with teams close to your own's rating and there aren't that many teams that are close to yours.

I assume they are all +10? And where have you been ranking in previous seasons?

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It seems Nino is my biggest threat against my team, but I even took out a Nino with Moonbow up.

She sounds soooo lovely built like that.  I'm debating about replacing my neutral Reinhardt with Ursula Blarblade.  It becomes a question of do I want to spend 20k to properly give Reinhart Deathblow 6... or would I prefer to go all in 40k and do Ursula Blarblade.  I think technically I would be better of just giving Reinhart a simple A slot for now... and saving my orbs and feathers while trying to hunt an Olwen though.

1 hour ago, Katrisa said:

She sounds soooo lovely built like that.  I'm debating about replacing my neutral Reinhardt with Ursula Blarblade.  It becomes a question of do I want to spend 20k to properly give Reinhart Deathblow 6... or would I prefer to go all in 40k and do Ursula Blarblade.  I think technically I would be better of just giving Reinhart a simple A slot for now... and saving my orbs and feathers while trying to hunt an Olwen though.

Yeah, she was a bit of an investment, since it requires 40K feathers, but she's the main weapon of my Horse Emblem team.

5 hours ago, Eridras said:

It only needs to work once!  I can imagine some team with two greens whose run this team can screw up. 

It'd have to be two greens without any means of walling for those greens, though. I ran into a similar comp yesterday and despite running both Nino and Soren, all this meant is that my TA3 Nowi soloed their entire team.

Score of 4822:

• May 3 9PM PT - #1276
  • May 4 3PM PT - #1799
  • May 5 3PM PT - #2232
  • May 6 3PM PT - #2645
  • May 7 3PM PT - #3081

6 hours ago, Whistle said:

Capture6.PNG

Wow congrats. Are they all +10? What is your set up?

Edited by Okigen

Plis i need help for Defense in Coliseum, 3 weeks 1 dedend. I have Nino Lilina Camilla clair, Ryoma, Azura Ninian and gordin5 stars, with 3 skills level 2-3 ... And nothing.... I dont know what can i do. Is better.to put 4 Gold team? 4 silver team with only 1 or 2 skills?pasive skils? I dont understand nothing. Im rank 12.

Edited by ignis_z

9 hours ago, Eridras said:

Being more selective with my swords jumped me from 4762 to 4774, rank 9434. Hopefully this will hold in the top 10k for today. 

Rank 9964 with 8 minutes left!  It's going to be close!