Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

3 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

In my personal opinion, it will cancel out his QR and activate the Wary Fighter instead for the sake of its usability. I have a hunch that slot skills take priority over weapon skills.

Nope. This has already been tested by @Ice Dragon

Wary fighter on Hector will prevent enemies from doubling him, but whether he doubles on the counterattack reverts to speed matchup as the 2 effects cancel each other out.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I was asking: if you put Wary Fighter 3 on Hector, then have him counterattack for Armads' Quick Ripsote to activate, does it all just cancel out and check Speed instead? That's some weird stuff.

Anytime you have an effect that prevents follow-up and one that enables it, the result will depend on speed check as the effects will cancel themselves out. If you have Armads and Wary Fighter, you will double everyone that you have 5 speed over them.

Edited by Clogon

4 hours ago, Katrisa said:

My concern on the horse comp is if Cecilia is better built with Gronnraven+TA or Gronnblade+LoD or Deathblow.  My fear is while Gronnblade will be stupid fun, you essentially give up your ability to counter attack much of anything with her low speed.

I've benn running a 4* Blade Cecilia + 5* Reinhardt + 5* Ninian core for almost a month. The 4th unit was 4* Gunter, now replaced by 5* Titania. Deathless payout was about 4740 with Gunter, now 4760 with Titania.

Blade Cecilia is good for active play: stay out of range, charge, kill, dance, draw back dancer. If countering is your preferred play style, then you might want to use a different configuration. The only times I use her as a bait is when Linde is on the opposite side.

Edited by chirp

4 hours ago, Katrisa said:

My concern on the horse comp is if Cecilia is better built with Gronnraven+TA or Gronnblade+LoD or Deathblow.  My fear is while Gronnblade will be stupid fun, you essentially give up your ability to counter attack much of anything with her low speed.  With horse buffs you'll be able to nip a hit of this or that but not much.  Does anyone have experience with these two rough builds of Cecilia?

My Horse Emblem team is basically the same as yours: Eldigan, Reinhardt, and Cecilia. I also had the same question regarding Cecilia, and I ended up going the -Raven route for her.

She makes it so blues and colorless units might as well not exist for the other team.  Importantly, she's your counter for opposing Reinhardts. Lastly, -Raven Cecilia only requires the sacrifice of a TA unit(likely Roy), meaning you can easily swap her into a -Blade build without a huge loss if you change your mind. 

7 minutes ago, Eridras said:

My Horse Emblem team is basically the same as yours: Eldigan, Reinhardt, and Cecilia. I also had the same question regarding Cecilia, and I ended up going the -Raven route for her.

She makes it so blues and colorless units might as well not exist for the other team.  Importantly, she's your counter for opposing Reinhardts. Lastly, -Raven Cecilia only requires the sacrifice of a TA unit(likely Roy), meaning you can easily swap her into a -Blade build without a huge loss if you change your mind. 

It certainly works that way, especially with Quick Riposte. That way, no blues and colorless will survive a TA Cecilia's counter attack on the enemy phase while you can whittle down or finish off on the player phase. :)

Edited by Lyrai

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

Nope. This has already been tested by @Ice Dragon

Wary fighter on Hector will prevent enemies from doubling him, but whether he doubles on the counterattack reverts to speed matchup as the 2 effects cancel each other out.

I̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶F̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶e̶n̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶w̶i̶s̶e̶:̶ ̶

U̶n̶i̶t̶ ̶A̶:̶ ̶S̶w̶o̶r̶d̶b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶e̶r̶ ̶

U̶n̶i̶t̶ ̶D̶:̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶F̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶

I̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶i̶t̶u̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶S̶w̶o̶r̶d̶b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶5̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶S̶p̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶F̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶H̶o̶w̶e̶v̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶5̶ ̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶S̶p̶d̶-̶-̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶u̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶d̶-̶-̶W̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶F̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶

T̶a̶g̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶@̶I̶c̶e̶ ̶D̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶

E̶D̶I̶T̶:̶ ̶T̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶c̶h̶u̶p̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶c̶u̶l̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶9̶9̶ ̶S̶p̶d̶ ̶Z̶e̶p̶h̶i̶e̶l̶ ̶/̶ ̶H̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶s̶.̶

EDIT: Ignore.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I thought the Wary Fighter unit can't ever double, even if they were fast enough to otherwise:

Unit A: Swordbreaker

Unit D: Wary Fighter

In this situation, the unit with Swordbreaker can double, but only if they have 5 or more Spd than the Wary Fighter unit. However, even if they had 5 less Spd--and thus could be doubled--Wary Fighter on the defending unit would prevent this from happening.

Tagging @Ice Dragon just to be sure. 

Hector only doubles with wary fighter when he has +5 speed because Armads' quick riposte cancels out that effect of wary fighter. If he's the one attacking or past the QR threshold, then he cannot double regardless as usual.

Have a score of 4766, rank 7523. Also finally snagged a defense win. 4* Anna boosts my score so that I'm consistently fighting in the low 680s~. 

I really need to 5* the Askr trio so that I have a 5* bonus every week. 

13 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Hector only doubles with wary fighter when he has +5 speed because Armads' quick riposte cancels out that effect of wary fighter. If he's the one attacking or past the QR threshold, then he cannot double regardless as usual.

T̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶c̶h̶u̶p̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶c̶u̶l̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶w̶i̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶T̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶9̶9̶ ̶S̶p̶d̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶F̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶H̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶s̶t̶ ̶A̶b̶e̶l̶.̶

EDIT: Ignore.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

The matchup calculator is saying otherwise. Tested 99 Spd Hector defending against Abel.

Matchup calculator probably doesn't know about this since it's never mentioned much. Hector isn't doubling many units in a speed matchup, so no one really recommends the skill.

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Matchup calculator probably doesn't know about this since it's never mentioned much. Hector isn't doubling many units in a speed matchup, so no one really recommends the skill.

True, true. I'll await further confirmation.

EDIT: Got impatient and dug through the research thread. I stand corrected.

---------------------------------

"Hector with Wary Fighter coming later tonight.

EDIT: Okay, I got impatient. HECTOR WITH WARY FIGHTER WILL DOUBLE ATTACK ON COUNTERATTACK IF HE IS FAST ENOUGH.

Hector with Armads and Wary Fighter 1 at full health with 12 Spd double attacked both a Lance Fighter with 4 Spd and a Sword Armor with 0 Spd on counterattack."

Edited by MrSmokestack

Just now, Arcanite said:

...Did you win?

I was slaugtered. xD Horse Emblem + two Reins? Yeah no. I probably needed to field a double Hector to counter that lol.

Edited by Luchi

1 minute ago, Luchi said:

I was slaugtered. xD Horse Emblem + two Reins? Yeah no. I probably needed to field a double Hector to counter that lol.

Yeah that stinks lol

Mr. Lightning Pony wanted to give you a taste of your medicine ;)

42 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah that stinks lol

Mr. Lightning Pony wanted to give you a taste of your medicine ;)

I hate it when I encounter Reinhardt and then there's also a dancer on the enemy team. Please end my suffering

11 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I hate it when I encounter Reinhardt and then there's also a dancer on the enemy team. Please end my suffering

They want you to know that magic is everything.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

They want you to know that magic is everything.

I have Spring Camilla, thankfully. I just need another flying green mage to be released so I can use someone else instead. someone give Nino a pegasus, please

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I have Spring Camilla, thankfully. I just need another flying green mage to be released so I can use someone else instead. someone give Nino a pegasus, please

I wonder whether Sumia will be a flying mage. I've seen such an idea being thrown around.

To not derail the thread even more, try and guess how many defence wins I have.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder whether Sumia will be a flying mage. I've seen such an idea being thrown around.

To not derail the thread even more, try and guess how many defence wins I have.

More than 0?

12 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I wonder if using a Gronnblade user on a defense team will be good. Can the AI even utilize it correctly?

I went Blarblade + Ephraim + Gronnblade + Dancer last week.  It got 1 defense win.  So... probably not.

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Zero

And this, ladies, gentlemen, and a robot, is a correct answer.

12 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I wonder if using a Gronnblade user on a defense team will be good. Can the AI even utilize it correctly?

I doubt that. I don't think I ever saw it deliberately stacking buffers near the blade mage.