Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Took me like 7 crests to get a hang of the new maps and whatnot, since I needed my deathless 7-streak run, but I got it.

Currently Tier 13, and hopefully I'll stay ahead enough to get that delicious 3-tier jump at the end of the week.

That said, my score his week is my record high. (Last week I scored 4813.)

All said and done, since I was only in top 5k at most, I only lose 500 feathers after the changes - and in return, get 3 orbs. Pretty worth, if you ask me.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As annoying as the bridge and the left/right breakable wall maps were, I feel like they have nothing on this one.  If the opponent has ranged + a dancer, it's REALLY difficult to maneuver around.  Only had it once thus far, but everyone ended up at like <20% hp by the end.

The changes seem to have massively screwed me over. I don't get what I'm doing anymore. I keep losing units randomly - and I don't get how much the bonuses are? I mean, I can't see anything in blue but Lyn is now able to survive Reinhardt?! What the heck!?

Stupid bonuses. Now I need to actually finish off getting Reinhardt's skills up to scratch v.v No defence wins, either, so my defence team clearly isn't good enough anymore. *sigh*

Just now, Cute Chao said:

The changes seem to have massively screwed me over. I don't get what I'm doing anymore. I keep losing units randomly - and I don't get how much the bonuses are? I mean, I can't see anything in blue but Lyn is now able to survive Reinhardt?! What the heck!?

Each defense tile grants a 30% defense and resistance increase!

Keep that in mind when you're fighting your peeps! My Azura couldn't kill a Smelldigan and my WHOLE team got jacked up! lol

Did my daily 3 arena runs. I kinda cheesed one because I was up against armor emblem on this map. Since only Hector had distant counter....lets just say Nino laughed in their faces. I did nearly mess one run up. Ryoma can OHKO the enemy Kagero, but only if she wasn't on the defense block. Thankfully, Nino was there and could power through those defenses. Overall, there is a bit more planning but since Nino can still pull off her shenanigans even if the enemy is on a fort tile, I'm good. 

I also find it nice that the arena instantly ranks your score, so you don't have to wait for the hour turnover. I wonder how hard it'll be to get defence wins now. I got one already so I'm set, but I'm chalking this one up to luck right now. 

Stupid bonuses. Now I need to actually finish off getting Reinhardt's skills up to scratch v.v No defence wins, either, so my defence team clearly isn't good enough anymore. *sigh*

The bonus is an additional 0.3 of the defending unit's def/res. So multiply their current def/res by 1.3.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Each defense tile grants a 30% defense and resistance increase!

Keep that in mind when you're fighting your peeps! My Azura couldn't kill a Smelldigan and my WHOLE team got jacked up! lol

Heck sake -.-

I don't like this. I like being able to kill things, not use 'tactics'. Man -.-

Deathless was a bit easy this time around, though there were some close calls. Scored 4,796 points. No defense wins at the moment, though I'm set for jumping from Tier 15 to 17 provided I don't get booted from top 3k until then.

All the new maps were great to play on, except for the desert oasis. It heavily favors fliers seeing as infantry and cavlary have to get funneled through the one-tile chokes on each side of the map, making splitting the enemy team properly crucial. My favorite has to be the bridge map with four forts in the center, since it's tough getting a good footing without also exposing yourself from potentially three directions.

Most interesting player I ran into was a Robin rep with the name "Tank Emblem" pitting me against a Brash Assault Brave+ Cherche (???) and Wary Fighter Zeph (Atk / Def +2) and Effie. A shame that you can take potshots at armors from across the rivers if their name is not Hector.

Ephraim and Effie have been putting in a lot more work than usual, with the forts stretching out their durability quite a bit. Ephraim ended up getting duo'd by an enemy Ike / Ryoma pair that left him with 9 HP, and both had Vantage. This is why we bring Effie. I'm wondering if Swordbreaker might be worthwhile on Ephraim because of that, though Lancebreaker makes mincemeat of Sharena and Azura, who only Nino can deal with otherwise.

Heck sake -.-

I don't like this. I like being able to kill things, not use 'tactics'. Man -.-

Welp! They knew there were people like you slaughtering everything with their Reinfarts and wanted to give you a challenge :D

36 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

Took me like 7 crests to get a hang of the new maps and whatnot, since I needed my deathless 7-streak run, but I got it.

Currently Tier 13, and hopefully I'll stay ahead enough to get that delicious 3-tier jump at the end of the week.

That said, my score his week is my record high. (Last week I scored 4813.)

All said and done, since I was only in top 5k at most, I only lose 500 feathers after the changes - and in return, get 3 orbs. Pretty worth, if you ask me.

IMG_0542.PNG

U got a defence in ours Could y show me ur Defense team Plis? With skils if It is posible.... I never defend.

5 minutes ago, GinRei said:

As annoying as the bridge and the left/right breakable wall maps were, I feel like they have nothing on this one.  If the opponent has ranged + a dancer, it's REALLY difficult to maneuver around.  Only had it once thus far, but everyone ended up at like <20% hp by the end.

That's the one where I encountered Horse Emblem + Azura. ;_;

Already got a defense win, which became a lot more understandable once I headed into the arena myself and got my ass kicked on both of the first two matches. This takes some getting used to, but it's fun.

Unfortunately, I didn't have Anna on my defense team initially, but at least I have enough points for the usual 500 defense feathers, and hopefully I'll be able to get another win for the full 900. Won't make up for losing the chance to get 2500 feathers from rank, but I should be able to get to high enough tiers for that before too long.

13 minutes ago, Luchi said:

That's the one where I encountered Horse Emblem + Azura. ;_;

I'm assuming you lost that one....lol

I got 1 horse emblem team so far. Nino Looked at Reinhardt. He died

She looked at Eldigan... He died

She looked at Titania...... She died (Sorry Rezzy)

Anna went and Solo'd Ursula XD

Just now, Vaximillian said:

+30% Def/Res is totally fair and balanced.

Are you being sarcastic?

Cause I actually do think its somewhat balanced

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Are you being sarcastic?

Cause I actually do think its somewhat balanced

It can potentially negate weapon advantage, like in a situation where a unit with 50 ish Atk attacks a unit with 36 Def or more.

Then again its hard to balance it without making it completely irrelevant, like 3 less damage or something. They're forts after all.

One key difference is that in Thracia and Binding Blade, enemies on thrones stay on those thrones. Arena enemies can always be baited off the forts.

Also, Heroes involves higher attack power, especially when WTA and other bonuses are involved. Between those, I'd say it's plenty manageable.

Edited by Othin

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It can potentially negate weapon advantage, like in a situation where a unit with 50 ish Atk attacks a unit with 36 Def or more.

Then again its hard to balance it without making it completely irrelevant, like 3 less damage or something. They're forts after all.

Bulky units just become ridiculous.

Zephiel with effective 49/31 defences and wary fighter is totally fair and balanced.

Having him tank a hit from Linde was probably the highlight of today's arena run.

Well, it's good to know that Reinhardt still wrecks most reds, fortify tiles or not.

Set my defense team to Hana (4*, standard skills except a brave sword), Ryoma, Olivia, and Reinhardt. Got a defense of 576. I guess I don't have to worry about this week anymore.

Took a few extra crests to get the hang of these maps--mostly 3manning them, but I got a 7 deathless now, so short of miraculously getting Ike when I'm not even pulling his banner, I should be set for the week. Olivia no longer ohko Julia on the tiles, which is a shame. 

Highlights of my run include Olivia repeatedly punching Hector in the face, though. Both on defense tiles. With Hector doing 0 (4 fury damage to Olivia) and Olivia doing 5x2 per turn and nobody else can actually do anything. 

Edited by Thor Odinson

I think there's too many defence patches. So it's just all potted around. At least with Thracia and the other's thrones, and even the forts, etc, there just wasn't as much of it, so it didn't feel like as much of a drag.

Then again, I'm probably just sore that things aren't easy anymore. I like easy -.-

It'll hopefully get easier as I get used to it. I wish they'd show the bonuses though, just to remind me. Lyn should not be surviving Reinhardt ¬¬

18 minutes ago, Maymeimai said:
  Hide contents

And thats it, a perfect run.

It was my first time trying this team and I loved it, I also love the new maps

I spy a Caeda. What are her IV's and the skills you gave her??? I am having trouble finding a use fore mine. :(

15 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I think there's too many defence patches. So it's just all potted around. At least with Thracia and the other's thrones, and even the forts, etc, there just wasn't as much of it, so it didn't feel like as much of a drag.

Then again, I'm probably just sore that things aren't easy anymore. I like easy -.-

It'll hopefully get easier as I get used to it. I wish they'd show the bonuses though, just to remind me. Lyn should not be surviving Reinhardt ¬¬

The salt in this post is making me sour

Just take a deep breath!

Right now you're experiencing something we like to call "salt"

After a while, it'll wear off and you'll get the hang of it XD. At first I thought it was a little hard, then I made sure I paid close attention to who went where, who did what, and how who does when where! It'll be easy soon again soon enough!

Just now, Arcanite said:

The salt in this post is making me sour

Just take a deep breath!

Right now you're experiencing something we like to call "salt"

After a while, it'll wear off and you'll get the hang of it XD. At first I thought it was a little hard, then I made sure I paid close attention to who went where, who did what, and how who does when where! It'll be easy soon again soon enough!

I think a WoM Hector left me in a bad mood, because one unit that should have died (SAAAAAALT!!!) didn't -.-

I've been able to beat all three I've played so far, but one unit died that shouldn't have had to on the first two maps, and then two on the third. Darn it. I'll blame the maps and not myself because... uh... they changed things xD

I do hope they plan to mix and match the maps in the future. Some with defence sections and some without, but I might be hoping too much. I might even hate that when/if I do get used to the new maps lol

Wow, i got a defense win like almost immediately. 580 points.

So when we check the rewards for our tier it now shows how many people are in the same tier as you?

For instance, I'm in tier 15 and the last feather bracket shows the reward for rank 25,997-37,138. So does that mean there are 37,138 people in tier 15. Or is it just that many people have attempted battles so far? I could have sworn when I checked it earlier the total number was a lot lower. Does anyone else in tier 15 have a different number shown?

Edit: Just did a battle in the training tower and went back and checked. The # went up to 37,847. So it tells us how many people have attempted battles so far.

I'm guessing that it shouldn't change too much on the last couple days, so will will be able to know how many people are in a given tier with us.

Edited by Hawk King

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I do hope they plan to mix and match the maps in the future. Some with defence sections and some without, but I might be hoping too much. I might even hate that when/if I do get used to the new maps lol

That's what I initially thought they'd do, but I guess they really want to makes us sweat for one season, and give us a breather for the other XD

Also, my score:

I am in tier 15

Score: 4,526

Rank in tier: 5,264

So far I'm going to rank up to 16, but not 17!

No defense wins though :/