Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I'd honestly recommend trying to assemble a seperate Arena team for when you're required to use Sharena. I found her quite useful when I used her a lot, but if she's not meshing well, it'd probably be better to cut your losses and dip down to her level.

It's not that Sharena is bad, per se, if I invested 40k feathers worth of skills into her she'll be fine as a Cordelia replacement (L&D and Brave-Lance+), about as fine as Alfonse does as a Lucina replacement, but the problem is Alfonse didn't need investment, she does, and I'm simply not willing to invest that much into her. 40k feathers is literally a 5* Tharja in case I needed her for something and 5* Anna (didn't get around to her since I 5*d Camus for my defense team).

Running 3 units and 1 dead weight in the 690 scoring range hurts, but it doesn't hurt enough for me to spend 40k feathers on Sharena. Building a team around her doesn't work either, since then I'd run into the issue of running 4 units in the 680 range, which doesn't quite cut it yet for the T19 promotion. This is because the bulk of my points are locked behind Cordelia and Lucina (they're fully kitted with +1 Merge on top of high scoring skills. Galeforce is worth like a merge and a half over most other options.) This limits my team options by a lot. Last season, for example, I had to change my team into Nino + 3 blues (Camus, Azura, and Cordelia) because my other setup (Nino, B!Cordelia, Azura, Camus) simply wasn't scoring enough to make it back to T19.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

It's not that Sharena is bad, per se, if I invested 40k feathers worth of skills into her she'll be fine as a Cordelia replacement (L&D and Brave-Lance+), about as fine as Alfonse does as a Lucina replacement, but the problem is Alfonse didn't need investment, she does, and I'm simply not willing to invest that much into her. 40k feathers is literally a 5* Tharja in case I needed her for something and 5* Anna (didn't get around to her since I 5*d Camus for my defense team).

Running 3 units and 1 dead weight in the 690 scoring range hurts, but it doesn't hurt enough for me to spend 40k feathers on Sharena. Building a team around her doesn't work either, since then I'd run into the issue of running 4 units in the 680 range, which doesn't quite cut it yet for the T19 promotion. This is because the bulk of my points are locked behind Cordelia and Lucina (they're fully kitted with +1 Merge on top of high scoring skills. Galeforce is worth like a merge and a half over most other options.) This limits my team options by a lot. Last season, for example, I had to change my team into Nino + 3 blues (Camus, Azura, and Cordelia) because my other setup (Nino, B!Cordelia, Azura, Camus) simply wasn't scoring enough to make it back to T19.

Well, you're the Arena expert, I suppose. I mostly hang a few tiers lower, so it's not like I've got the intricacies memorised.

54 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

TFW you see an Azura on a defense team... that doesn't have an assist skill (like Sing) equipped.

I saw a weaponless Mist today. I left her to Alfonse.

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

Anyone think that playing with heavy blade in ike is useless if you use aether? I dont have fury 3 but for the moment im thinkin in inherit him atak +3

You probably don't want to do that unless you're really in need of more Atk to make your team work. In terms of score, Atk +3 is worth almost nothing compared to Heavy Blade 3.

Tier 20 score of 4860 (no deaths; no surrenders; 692, 692, 692, 696, 694, 700, 694; Nowi +3, Alfonse 5*, Eirika 5*, Nino +4):

• Jul 5, 2:20AM PT - #953 (/1441 to stay)

Not really a great starting point for a score so high. Unless the bleed is real slow, I don't think I'm staying. Oh, well. Most notable thing about this streak is that I ran into a team that had feasted on the blood of three 5* Hanas. It had a Blarblade+ Mae with LaD3 (for 60 whopping Atk before buffs), Bride Cordelia (standard BB+/LaD3 build) and Eirika with an inexplicable LaD3 (Nino shrugged and exploded her).

Got four defenses so far, with the highest being a 582.

5 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

You probably don't want to do that unless you're really in need of more Atk to make your team work. In terms of score, Atk +3 is worth almost nothing compared to Heavy Blade 3.

Tier 20 score of 4860 (no deaths; no surrenders; 692, 692, 692, 696, 694, 700, 694; Nowi +3, Alfonse 5*, Eirika 5*, Nino +4):

• Jul 5, 2:20AM PT - #953 (/1441 to stay)

Not really a great starting point for a score so high. Unless the bleed is real slow, I don't think I'm staying. Oh, well. Most notable thing about this streak is that I ran into a team that had feasted on the blood of three 5* Hanas. It had a Blarblade+ Mae with LaD3 (for 60 whopping Atk before buffs), Bride Cordelia (standard BB+/LaD3 build) and Eirika with an inexplicable LaD3 (Nino shrugged and exploded her).

Got four defenses so far, with the highest being a 582.

then so you recomend to put at 3 on him if i dont have fury 3?. Heavy with aether is useless i think.

your ofense team and defense? I need merged units for stay at 20 :(

12 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

then so you recomend to put at 3 on him if i dont have fury 3?. Heavy with aether is useless i think.

your ofense team and defense? I need merged units for stay at 20 :(

I recommend you keep Heavy Blade 3 over Atk +3, yes, because it's a 240 versus 120 SP difference. Why do you think Heavy Blade 3 with Aether is useless? It's probably the only way Aether is even practical for use in Arena because if Ike doubles or gets doubled, it's fully charged in one round of combat.

Offense:

• Nowi +3 (+Atk/-HP) - LB+, Reposition, Bonfire, TA3, QR2, Spur Spd 3, QP Seal
  • Eirika (+Atk/-Def) - Sieg, Rally Def, Moonbow, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Spd 3, Fort Res 1 Seal
  • Nino +4 (+Spd/-Def) - Gronnblade+,Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3, Squad Ace A 1 Seal (HP +3)
  • Alfonse 5* - Folk, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Death Blow 3, Drag Back, Spur Res 3, Spur Def 1 Seal

Defense:

• Alfonse 5* - almost same as offense, swapping Reposition for Rally Def, Spur Res for Hone Atk 3 and Spur Def 1 Seal for Fort Res 1 Seal
  • Nino (same as offense)
  • Reinhardt (+Atk/-HP) Dire Thunder, Rally Atk, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Cavalry, QP Seal
  • Xander 5* - Sieg, Reposition, Moonbow, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry, Spd +1 Seal

2 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I recommend you keep Heavy Blade 3 over Atk +3, yes, because it's a 240 versus 120 SP difference. Why do you think Heavy Blade 3 with Aether is useless? It's probably the only way Aether is even practical for use in Arena because if Ike doubles or gets doubled, it's fully charged in one round of combat.

Offense:

• Nowi +3 (+Atk/-HP) - LB+, Reposition, Bonfire, TA3, QR2, Spur Spd 3, QP Seal
  • Eirika (+Atk/-Def) - Sieg, Rally Def, Moonbow, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Spd 3, Fort Res 1 Seal
  • Nino +4 (+Spd/-Def) - Gronnblade+,Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3, Squad Ace A 1 Seal (HP +3)
  • Alfonse 5* - Folk, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Death Blow 3, Drag Back, Spur Res 3, Spur Def 1 Seal

Defense:

• Alfonse 5* - almost same as offense, swapping Reposition for Rally Def, Spur Res for Hone Atk 3 and Spur Def 1 Seal for Fort Res 1 Seal
  • Nino (same as offense)
  • Reinhardt (+Atk/-HP) Dire Thunder, Rally Atk, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Cavalry, QP Seal
  • Xander 5* - Sieg, Reposition, Moonbow, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry, Spd +1 Seal

Ninos draconic aura gives more points than moonbow?

And heavy blade or fury 3 for ikes aether? I think fury 3.

Update for 5056 (T20):

7am PDT 7/4: 87

6am PDT 7/5: 132

Teams faced detailed in the previous post. Highest Def score is now 584 (out of 5).

Edit: I actually ran into a Hinata in the Arena...first time for everything, I suppose.

Spoiler

w59Bocp.png

Edited by LordFrigid

Update regarding my rank in T20 with a score of 4886

9:45 EDT 4/7 : rank 428 / cut-off at 880

9:45 EDT 5/7 : rank 872 / cut-off at 1463

Even though my rank lowered, the distance between my rank and the cut-off point increased, so I think I'm set for staying in T20 next season.

1 hour ago, LuxSpes said:

Update regarding my rank in T20 with a score of 4886

9:45 EDT 4/7 : rank 428 / cut-off at 880

9:45 EDT 5/7 : rank 872 / cut-off at 1463

Even though my rank lowered, the distance between my rank and the cut-off point increased, so I think I'm set for staying in T20 next season.

how many merged  units do you need for win those points. i got full skilled units level 40 ( no merge) and i cant reach this.

The CPU, to match the rivals in arena, counts the SP cost of the skills, not if they are rank 1, 2 or 3, true? I'm thinking of putting it to my azura armored blow 3 because it costs 200 SP and in my Azura I have spped 3 that costs 120, this will give me a little boost in the points I think. ( Dont have fury3). I have PV 5 too. any other skill?

45 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

how many merged  units do you need for win those points. i got full skilled units level 40 ( no merge) and i cant reach this.

Every unit I used is merged:

+5 Lucina

+3 Celica

+1 Julia

+1 Summer Robin

3 of them having a legendary weapon also helped raise my score.

4 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Every unit I used is merged:

+5 Lucina

+3 Celica

+1 Julia

+1 Summer Robin

3 of them having a legendary weapon also helped raise my score.

lol +1 summer robin i dont have any summer hahaha. plis could answer the question a post before this one ? thanks. And legenadry weapon?

14 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

lol +1 summer robin i dont have any summer hahaha. plis could answer the question a post before this one ? thanks. And legenadry weapon?

Armored Blow is probably better for scoring than Spd+3, but Azura really prefers Spd over more defense. And what do you mean by PV 5? 

Legendary weapons are those that cant be inherited via Skill inheritance, like Falchion, Naga and Ragnarok. They're worth more points in the arena since they cost 400 SP instead of the usual 300 SP for things like Silver Lance+ or Killer Bow+.

5 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

And what do you mean by PV 5?

I’d suppose it’s HP +5. Something something points of vitality or like that in—probably—the Spanish version.

3 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Ninos draconic aura gives more points than moonbow?

And heavy blade or fury 3 for ikes aether? I think fury 3.

Moonbow procs sooner, but Nino's offense is so ridiculously overkill against non-reds that she doesn't really need Moonbow. Draconic Aura basically allows her to muscle through a TA red's defenses if the fight's been going on longer than I'd like.

Heavy Blade 3 if you're concerned about scoring and actually want to use Aether (+40 points on Fury 3 and will actually charge Aether within the first 1-2 rounds of combat). Fury 3 for a generally more versatile build. If you do the latter, Aether would basically just be there for points.

My team of vanilla 4⋆ Alfonse and 5⋆ Reinhardt, Lilina, and Soren+1 got a defence win worth 564 points. Wonderful!

37 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

my double ike, azura, summer tiki defense team somehow beat a team with a +1 reinhardt. i wish i could see what happened there, the ai clearly had surpassed me.

Doesn’t it only show the overall leader, and not the leader of the defence team?

1 hour ago, LuxSpes said:

Armored Blow is probably better for scoring than Spd+3, but Azura really prefers Spd over more defense. And what do you mean by PV 5? 

Legendary weapons are those that cant be inherited via Skill inheritance, like Falchion, Naga and Ragnarok. They're worth more points in the arena since they cost 400 SP instead of the usual 300 SP for things like Silver Lance+ or Killer Bow+.

sry hp + 5, i have armoured blow and hp  5 for inherit searchin better BST for arena. Spped 3 is better i think but armoured for kill reds can be good.

Suprised how often autobattle works for the beginner difficulty.  I've been using it to get my arena quests done.

Can't remember my rank but really all I go for is the 4,001 points so I imagine it's pretty low.  The extra bit of feathers isn't worth all the stress to me right now. I have :

Lloyd (neutral) - Regal Blade, Draw Back, Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Threaten Spd 3, Speed+1
Spring!Camilla (neutral) - Gronnraven+, Rally Attack, ---, Triangle Adept 3, Live for Bounty, ---, Spur Def 1
Ninian (+hp, -sp) - Light Breath+, Dance, Luna, ---, Escape Route 3, Fortify Def 3, Fortify Res 1
Bride!Cordelia (+res, -hp) - Brave Bow+, Rally atk/spd, --, Death Blow 3, Escape Route 2, ---, Attack +1

Yea I know, I need to get some C skills.  I've just been overly nervous about which ones my team needs and instead of just choosing one I haven't done anything. Any ideas?

edit: Just met a flier team for the first time.  I thought, "Oh, buff teams are usually easy cause AI is dumb".  Killed two of my units b/c they all had brave weapons and positioning skills.

Edited by Lushen

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

My team of vanilla 4⋆ Alfonse and 5⋆ Reinhardt, Lilina, and Soren+1 got a defence win worth 564 points. Wonderful!

Doesn’t it only show the overall leader, and not the leader of the defence team?

i thought they'd show one member of the team, and that one should easily murder 3/4 of my team. truth be told i hate arena, and i don't follow it too closely.

Got a score of 4,880. I think I will go back to Tier 19 again. Maybe I should have fished for points.

Finally managed to get my streak in after getting quite a few attempts ruined by those annoying Bridelias.

Tier 19 Score of 4824 which is currently Rank 709 (current Cutoff being 4473)

• Alfonse (Folkvangr, Reciprocal Aid, Sol, Deathblow3, Drag back, SpurAtk3, S HP+3)
  • Ninian +1 (Lightbreath+, Dance, Blazing Flame, TAdept2, Escaperoute3, HoneSpeed3, S Speed+1)
  • Klein (Bravebow+, Reposition, Glacies, Deathblow3, Quickreposte3, ThreatenDef3, S Atk+1)
  • Titania +1 (EmeraldAxe+, Reposition, Glacies, Armoredblow3, Guard3, SpurAtk2, S Quickened Pulse)

While I really like this Team for having a Dancer again, replacing Xander with Alfonse just hurts, especially since we have Fort tiles in the current Rotation. Alfonse just can't demolish these stupid Bridelias on EP like a fortified Xander can, forcing me to rely on them to open themselves up to be killed in PP. I don't even dare to imagine what a pain it must be to face those with Firesweep+ instead of Bravebow+. In general, this Team is a lot more PP focused than what I'm used to, so many of my problems could originate from a lack of practice here.

I could probably try for a higher Score by finishing up the L2 skills in my Team and replacing Alfonses Drag back with Brash Assault3, combined with some fishing for higher rated battles though honestly I'm satisfied with what I've got. Maybe it will be enough to promote to T20; after all I managed to get into T20 with 4810 two weeks ago. Only time will tell. I honestly don't care though, as long as I'm staying in the 4 Orb range, I'm fine.

On the other hand, even with all the Arena Quests, I still haven't gotten any defences yet again. Makes me kinda wish I had an Reinhardt for Reinbowpulse Cheese, but maybe my bladeCecilia in a Horse Emblem Team will be enough to nab one. Losing repeatedly out on 900 Feathers kinda sucks honestly.