Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

12 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Managed to nab a score 4458 with Ursula (140), Seliph (178), Vantage Ryoma (173), and Julia (165). Ranked at 3616 atm. Though, I'm not really sure I'll stay in top 10k. It's not a big deal if I don't make it.

Actually met 2 Hectors with Wings during those run. Good Naga, Julia was able to tank him right to the face. Ain't she great.

What do you have on your Julia? Mine can only sometimes take 1 hit, and never the second.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, immatx said:

What do you have on your Julia? Mine can only sometimes take 1 hit, and never the second.

Enough Spd to double attack Hector so Hector never gets a chance to land his second hit.

8 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

What do you guys do after you get a good deathless run? Do you continue to try and reach a new high score or just mess around with random teams or whatever else?

If I think I know who the next season's bonus characters will be, and I have one of them (in other words, if a new banner came out and I pulled someone from it), I might experiment with team comps using them. Otherwise I kind of just mess around with random teams that I wouldn't use for serious ranking (stuff like an all-cavalry team or an all-ninja team or an Awakening-themed team, etc) just for fun.

I just play around with a not so random team, i.e. Cavalry.

But right now, I'm gonna see if I can do a bit better than my previous achievement.

5 hours ago, immatx said:

My Julia's +HP. so she's barely scraping out of it alive. -HP or Neutral would've probably killed her.

Apart from Vantage Ryoma, the rest are vanilla.

Really gotta need to think of what to inherit to Seliph.

Edited by pianime94

I haven't gotten a Defense Win, yet.  I've been switching my team around, but I'm surprised no one has lost to it, to be honest.

3/22/2017 - offense 4,454; rank 3,426 (1:22AM PST) [deathless] [team #1]
3/22/2017 - offense 4,454; rank 5,756 (11:28PM PST) [deathless] [team #1]
3/23/2017 - offense 4,500; rank 3,636 (1:05AM PST) [deathless] [team #2]

Previous team:

Team: (all Level 40) +Atk/-Spd Ninian (163), +Res/-HP Ryoma (173; +Vantage 2), +Atk/-Spd M!Robin (159; +Swordbreaker 3), +Spd/-HP Camilla (161)
BST: 656

New team:

Team: (all Level 40) +Atk/-Spd Ninian (163), +Res/-HP Ryoma (173; +Vantage 2), neutral Sharena (177; +Threaten Spd 3), +Spd/-HP Camilla (161)
BST: 674

First time hitting the 4.5K offense! I was feeling the lack of range and Sword-killing that M!Robin provided, but Sharena has been a good debuffing substitute. I need to get better at positioning since Ryoma's Hone Spd 3 and Sharena's Threaten Spd 3 can make someone have +9 Spd over an enemy. Thankfully, there aren't many units that can outspeed Sharena or one-shot her. And while doing this run, thank god the only Linde I saw wasn't a +Spd one. Perhaps I should give Sharena a Seal or a Breaker.

I jumped a little over 2K ranks. Hopefully that's enough to keep me in the 10K.

I'm not done training them yet, but I'm looking to integrate either 5* Karel (+DEF -SPD) or 4* Ursula on to my arena offence team. My current team is +ATK -SPD Reinhardt, +ATK -DEF Tharja, +ATK -HP Cordelia and +DEF -SPD Klein (all 5* level 40 except Cordelia, who's 40+1). I also have 5* level 40 -ATK +RES Camilla standing by. Who should be replaced, and with whom? I'm not too fussed about ranks, I'm mostly after the feathers from getting a 4k+ score.

Notes: I'll probably pass Fury to Karel to patch his speed up. I do have enough feathers to 5* a character, but I'm pretty reluctant to spend them on Ursula.

Edited by azurrys

Team: Sharena/Ursula/Abel/Marth

3/23: 4,041 Rank: 43,304

I might 5* my Marth even though I wanted to use the 20k on Felicia, tired of losing against Hectors because I misplay and doesn't have enough HP to take him out. Probably might ascend Ursula to 4* as well.

Too many deaths. I've lost count of how many units sacrificed themselves this round. Unsurprisingly low score of 3961. Ursula does not mesh well with my team. I'm thinking about switching to Anna instead but don't like how squishy she is. She is 4* and lv 35 but only has 18 def....

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Too many deaths. I've lost count of how many units sacrificed themselves this round. Unsurprisingly low score of 3961. Ursula does not mesh well with my team. I'm thinking about switching to Anna instead but don't like how squishy she is. She is 4* and lv 35 but only has 18 def....

FWIW, she's pretty good at handling blue manaketes (Nowis and Ninians) with her relatively high res and stupid high speed. Her def is troublesome though, yea...just keep her away from reds, which is a given anyway.

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

FWIW, she's pretty good at handling blue manaketes (Nowis and Ninians) with her relatively high res and stupid high speed. Her def is troublesome though, yea...just keep her away from reds, which is a given anyway.

For ursula, its the god damn bows that keep killing her. She is a poor substitute for my normal ranged units which are M!Robin or Takumi. Anna would substitute Minerva as the designated blue mage killer.

Edited by Kiran

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

For ursula, its the god damn bows that keep killing her. She is a poor substitute for my normal ranged units which are M!Robin or Takumi. Anna would substitute Minerva as the designated blue mage killer.

Ursula's lower BST shoves her into arena battles where loads of 2-ranged units live. Unfortunately, it's the bane of her BST right now.

Anna is super good at baiting in mages though, and with Vantage, she is a good freebie at just wrapping stuff up.

Upgraded my Anna to 5* for this season (since I wanted to upgrade all story characters at some point anyway). Fury is really nice on her as well, because if at some point your hp goes below 40% (and you might have barely survived a blow due to increased stats) and you go into teleporting vantage mode, where you don't care all that much about losing those hp. Combined with reposition clearing the map is so much simpler, because she can assist pretty much anyone with their kills.

Got to 4434 this season which I suppose will have me kicked out of 10k by the weekend.

The arena is totally unbalanced since skill inheritance... Can't wait till the match up scheme is updated (vantage and close and distant counter are such a pain).

23 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Rank is now 622. Only two new defense wins since last night.

I wish the game would give me more Ninians and Ryomas to merge. I've gotten no new Ninians in the past 300 pulls or so (granted, maybe only about 2/3 of those were blue), but 3 5-star Nowis who I already have at +10. Mrrgrr.

Score unchanged (4,584), rank is now 831.

I pulled a few more Ninians after a 200-pull drought. I'm considering trying another high-score run this weekend after I merge my Ryoma and Ninian and figure out if I care to add other skills to Ryoma.

Current score 4,339, rank 16,909... I swear that's actually higher than last I checked at this score. Maybe some people got banned.

Only one death in that run, and from the sound of it, improving by 60~ points wouldn't keep me in the top 10,000 anyway. I could try with a less reliable but higher BST team... or maybe I should experiment with different teams and not worry about score until next season.

Welp, I'm out of top 1k now :/ (rank 1415 with a score of 4560)

I don't think my score's going to go any higher though, but I'll probably still safely stay in top 5k, which is all I really care about *crosses fingers*

15 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I haven't gotten a Defense Win, yet.  I've been switching my team around, but I'm surprised no one has lost to it, to be honest.

Same... everyone is smarter now.

I hope 4.395K is enough for top 30K ... I plan on training my Cav/Flier/Armor team for the rest of my Arena... given stamina restraint to get the 3 orbs quest.

Some Lucina-led Kiran's team actually brought me a defence win worth 268 points. Still no idea how these happen.
My team is Sharena, Catria, Lilina (all 5⋆), and a 4⋆ Anna.

This very team has also been doing quite fine at the offence (3/7 right now with a cumulative score of 1,920—Anna gives me roughly 10 points more than Robin did) and I hope I can do a perfect run again which should earn me a score of about 4,480.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Score unchanged (4,584), rank is now 831.

I pulled a few more Ninians after a 200-pull drought. I'm considering trying another high-score run this weekend after I merge my Ryoma and Ninian and figure out if I care to add other skills to Ryoma.

my max arena score with one death was 4,531 current rank is 2,735

Catria +7 skills: draw back armored blow drag back and savage blow

Hector unmerged Skills: swap distant counter and threaten attack

Lucius +8 Skills: Mend Imbue +5 hp live to serve and spur res

Sanaki +3 Skills: Raven tome harsh command triangle adept and hone attack

It is so hard for me to go deathless but I pref lucius over my Jaffar. the teams i seem to struggle against are full red teams as my Catria cant tank them all. I plan on getting sworbreaker on Sanaki when i have the sp however. Dont think i can break top 1k with this team as my bst is too low and I have a healer that hinders the overall effectivness of my team. I do have a +2 ninian but I am far from maxing her. Any advice for an arena team? My current bst is 708

22 minutes ago, Shiro said:

It is so hard for me to go deathless but I pref lucius over my Jaffar. the teams i seem to struggle against are full red teams as my Catria cant tank them all. I plan on getting sworbreaker on Sanaki when i have the sp however. Dont think i can break top 1k with this team as my bst is too low and I have a healer that hinders the overall effectivness of my team. I do have a +2 ninian but I am far from maxing her. Any advice for an arena team? My current bst is 708

Dropping even a +8 Lucius for Ninian would be my move, since his rating is still poor even at high merges. Running Ninian also takes some heat off of your Catria for being your only red counter, so she can focus on picking off Falchion units specifically. Replace Ninian's Fortify with Hone Attack / Speed though if you do that.

I assume you have a unit that can pass Hector Pivot right? That will give him another tile of movement compared to Swap. 

My $0.02 

Edited by MrSmokestack

25 minutes ago, Shiro said:

A no-death run should put you above me since my current stat total is only 699, and that would give you a decent shot at breaking top 1,000.

I agree with MrSmokestack that Ninian would be better for the purposes of getting a no-death run, but trading Lucius for Ninian would take your base stat total down about 10 points (depending on their natures), so that might not be feasible.

If Catria is meant to tank red units, consider running Triangle Adept instead of Armored Blow. It'll give her more firepower while also bolstering her ability to resist hits from red units on enemy phase, though it also make it imperative to have Sanaki remove green units before they reach her. Triangle Adept also has an edge over Armored Blow on player phase (obviously against red units only), as an enemy with 30 Atk or higher is losing the same 6 damage due to Triangle Adept as to Armored Blow.