Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Kana's probably gotten the most bonus kills I've ever head (H!Myrrh may have had more). Such a good son, should be able to get back to T18~

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

thanks so much!! ooh i can build up my Kana then. thanks

Yah :( I love Camus, but dumb pony ;( (sigh). i'm never gonna see Level 20 in arena. ( simply not enough merges in the units that will score high enough. ah well). i'm fine with the 18-17 bounce.

Defs build up your Kana, he's nice and bulky, he should do fine even without merges~

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Kana's probably gotten the most bonus kills I've ever head (H!Myrrh may have had more). Such a good son, should be able to get back to T18~

Defs build up your Kana, he's nice and bulky, he should do fine even without merges~

i will. i feel shame i didn't. i wanted him for so long
I like the build shared here. 

goodness i need more feathers
ignore me i have like 160k. but i still need more.

Yeah, Kana's a great brawler. Mine just runs a Def refine and QR2 without that kind of support and he still performs more than admirably in AA.

Anyway, score report time:

• T21 score of 3759 - #1388 (/1533)
  • AA score of 5288- #403

I had to fish more than I care to say for this one. I guess the game has something against Kliff or something. I had to do three full streaks because even edging up a few points each time didn't leave me feeling comfortable at any point. I settled on this because I ran out of time and didn't think it was really reasonable to fish up any better. This left me feeling pretty nervous about AA and inflation, since I was even using Fjorm on my regular Arena team in place of Gwendolyn this week (causing me to actually score a tiny bit higher on average), so I'm surprised I"m so deep into the top 1000 before the end of the season. As far as performance goes, Kliff's way tankier than he has any right to be. After Arena bonuses, his tome and Def Tactics, he was at 45 Def and 39 Res (42 after Sheena's Drive Res). If he was sitting on a defense tile, he actually took no damage from a rather lot of things, letting him get free charges on his Blazing Thunder and then using it to fry stuff for easy bonus kills. I'd usually get 3/4, since the enemy Legendary Hectors typically didn't allow for stalling out against them (Kliff could tank one Bold Fighter round if I was feeling ballsy), so Draug killed them as often as not.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Thanks to the feathers I got from this Arena Season, I manage to promote my Nowi to Lv40 + 10. Yay! My second +10 unit. Soren is the next.

HORRAH congrats! 
@Landmaster knows i am trying to build the amazingest Soliel ever. lol but i am afraid to spend my feathers

Offense score of 3807 (T21) remains in T21, combining with a defense score of 584 for max rewards.

Brave Bow+/Luna Jeorge with a Water-based support structure scored 19/20 KOs. The rank for that was under 300 at the start of today, so I’ll probably forgo the fishing for my streak this upcoming season and see how it goes. Unfortunately I couldn’t run Marth, since it would have messed with the Tactics setup, but it worked out in the end.

Last week was demotion week, this week (hopefully) tier 21 promotion week. Fishing for 730 matches and 20/20 bonus kills allowed me to score 3,714 again.

I tried Aversa, because surprisingly she scores like Sharena and Hawkeye. She did really well, with HP+5 seal and bonus stats she could panic/debuff every unit I met (big thanks to double Rallys and Eirika). Dragon Fang helped to one-shot Effies, Cordelia weakened blue mixed tanks. Hone ATK, double Goad Fliers and Drive ATK helped her to one-shot +10 Myrrhs. 

Hopefully that will be enough to promote, without armor bonus units the threshold should be lower (?). 

1 hour ago, GespenstMK2S said:

So what's the cutoff to promote to T21? 3700?

It varies from week to week. This most recent week I made it rather easily with a 3723. The week before that a score of 3731 missed it. I have also failed with various 3720 scores in the past. I can easily get over 3700 so that is a pretty common range and this is the first time I have promoted up. So more than 3700 but under 3730 for most weeks with some weeks being over even 3730. This most recent week's cutoff was probably in the 3710-3720 range. I was far enough from being cutoff that I imagine it was closer to 3710 than 3720. But a couple points can make a pretty big difference at times so I could be wrong.

i dropped. 
I'm just using my arena core team of Ike Fjorm Tiki and Ephiriam and hoping i can use them to get where i need to be.

well that's not gonna work either. this sucks :( 
I might drop to 16. 

Edited by daisy jane

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Last week was demotion week, this week (hopefully) tier 21 promotion week. Fishing for 730 matches and 20/20 bonus kills allowed me to score 3,714 again.

I tried Aversa, because surprisingly she scores like Sharena and Hawkeye. She did really well, with HP+5 seal and bonus stats she could panic/debuff every unit I met (big thanks to double Rallys and Eirika). Dragon Fang helped to one-shot Effies, Cordelia weakened blue mixed tanks. Hone ATK, double Goad Fliers and Drive ATK helped her to one-shot +10 Myrrhs. 

Hopefully that will be enough to promote, without armor bonus units the threshold should be lower (?). 

It's earth season, though, so naturally the ever-popular L!Tiki is inflating the scores of those teams (she's often a core unit and if everyone's running earth blessings...).

Finished my new streak early as usual, with the bonus of it netting me the extra VG flags, so yay for that. Found out I had a dumb moment where I think when I was changing Kliff's skills after the first run last week, I accidentally set his special down to Rising Thunder from Blazing Thunder. Explains why I was having issues fishing for higher scores. I still had to fish this week, but it definitely felt like I had to use less crests. It was also even easier to find kills for Kliff because, while Rising Thunder was even strong enough to work last week, Blazing Thunder has 1.5x the killing power, letting me get those greens much more consistently.

6 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i dropped. 
I'm just using my arena core team of Ike Fjorm Tiki and Ephiriam and hoping i can use them to get where i need to be.

well that's not gonna work either. this sucks :( 
I might drop to 16. 

You should try using your Jaffar with bonus unit when you finish building him! Jaffar is like one of the best arena units ever, doesn't really kill stuff himself but does area damage and debuffs all the enemies so your bonus unit can kill them for extra points.

Just now, dethneer said:

You should try using your Jaffar with bonus unit when you finish building him! Jaffar is like one of the best arena units ever, doesn't really kill stuff himself but does area damage and debuffs all the enemies so your bonus unit can kill them for extra points.

really?! i mean he's done! (No dew to refine his weapon of yet :( ) but the double pain is done. i just thought as a dagger unit he wouldn't raise my BST either?

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

really?! i mean he's done! (No dew to refine his weapon of yet :( ) but the double pain is done. i just thought as a dagger unit he wouldn't raise my BST either?

He has +2 merges which is more important than BST so he shouldn't lower your score unless the rest of your team has more merges than him (in which case I will be super jealous if you have a lot of merges on Ike and Fjorm). You can put him on your team and pull random battles in Arena Assault to see how it affects your score range. His refine is kind of important so he doesn't get killed by mages on the counterattack but I think he should be able to work without it.

2 minutes ago, dethneer said:

He has +2 merges which is more important than BST so he shouldn't lower your score unless the rest of your team has more merges than him (in which case I will be super jealous if you have a lot of merges on Ike and Fjorm). You can put him on your team and pull random battles in Arena Assault to see how it affects your score range. His refine is kind of important so he doesn't get killed by mages on the counterattack but I think he should be able to work without it.

I have +1 Ike. and a +1 Tiki. so. maybe that would work :)
(also i know. like. he's so damned squishy. but he takes down everyone before he goes down. i have 150 dew. I'm just trying to figure out who else to refine. i don't wanna refine willynilly but most everyone i wanna refine needs the damned dew)

23 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I have +1 Ike. and a +1 Tiki. so. maybe that would work :)
(also i know. like. he's so damned squishy. but he takes down everyone before he goes down. i have 150 dew. I'm just trying to figure out who else to refine. i don't wanna refine willynilly but most everyone i wanna refine needs the damned dew)

Yep in that case you can definitely try using him and see how it goes. I think he has the same arena weight as your +1 Tiki, he is two BST bins below her but has an extra merge to make up for it. If he can help your bonus unit get kills it would more than make up for it, bonus unit kills add a huge amount of score (every kill is the equivalent of +3 merge, or 30 BST). Honestly I think the tier you're in is really fun, you can use anyone, even unmerged units, so you can experiment with a lot of stuff and see what works.

Edit: But definitely try him out before giving him your precious dew, if you don't have that many you don't want to waste it on someone unless you know you're going to commit to using them lol

Edited by dethneer

17 hours ago, dethneer said:

ummmmmmm unless your Tiki is legendary Tiki in which you should not replace her because legendary Tiki is the best :lol:

lol it's L!Tiki :)

17 hours ago, dethneer said:

Yep in that case you can definitely try using him and see how it goes. I think he has the same arena weight as your +1 Tiki, he is two BST bins below her but has an extra merge to make up for it. If he can help your bonus unit get kills it would more than make up for it, bonus unit kills add a huge amount of score (every kill is the equivalent of +3 merge, or 30 BST). Honestly I think the tier you're in is really fun, you can use anyone, even unmerged units, so you can experiment with a lot of stuff and see what works.

Edit: But definitely try him out before giving him your precious dew, if you don't have that many you don't want to waste it on someone unless you know you're going to commit to using them lol

i know. i need tonnes of dew for everyone! bleh. lol

Eta: 
the difference a simple seal makes. I put Distant Def 2 on Camus - and all of a sudden, the squishy that is him, is no longer an issue. I am staying strictly in beginner, but i shot up from 16 right back to 18 (with my rank at 12,000) and only needing to use 1 Arena stamina to finish off the chain. i went for the secure vs. the bonus kill. I very might get right back into 18 next week. (only to drop back to 17 ;)  but imma getting on my merge projects soon :D  then watch out!)

Edited by daisy jane

Perhaps I'll try for a better score, since my M!Marth just got another merge. 

On 6.11.2018 at 6:58 PM, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

It's earth season, though, so naturally the ever-popular L!Tiki is inflating the scores of those teams (she's often a core unit and if everyone's running earth blessings...).

Sorry for the late reply. 

In my range I only see +10 L!Tikis in AA, the only unmerged units in regular arena are the bonus units. In some rare cases Earth heroes with low merges accompany merged bonus units.