Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@daisy jane It always surprises me to see your comments here. I keep thinking you are higher up then you are. Congrats! And may you climb to 20! I spent a real long time bouncing between 19 and 20. Even rather recently.

Speaking of. It looks like I will climb back up into crown territory again. Apparently all I needed was another main armor(Armored Myrrh). Brought my average match up from about 728 to 734. And I am pretty sure 3730 should be enough.

I did have a scare though where I didn't think I would be able to complete a lossless run this time. TOO MANY REDS. I tried at first with F!Corrin form this banner and the average of 2-3 reds per match made it darn near impossible to get reliable bonus kills. I am so glad I burned orbs and got a Male Corrin too. At the time I thought it might have been a waste. I won't fodder my only copy(usually) and I don't see myself using him much and wasn't planning to use him since he scores less than F!Corrin. But F!Corrin had too much of an uphill battle against the armies of red I was seeing. Even M!Corrin was having trouble though because apparently everyone and their great grandmother has broken out the Falchions for this season.

8 hours ago, dethneer said:

DAWW so proud

time for 20

wellll...

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@daisy jane Congrats! Bet you won't stop here. ;-)

lol nope ;) i'm back at 18 hahaa i knew it was basically a "blip". usually on the first day i am firmly entrenched in 17 and i know i am gonna drop from 18. so i was like :o that's what 19 looks like. but i dropped.. i'm 14,438 and the cut off is 12,786. . I have to stay in beginner to ensure the kill i need from Minizura. (and Exalted Chrom killed her last time). I don't know if it's worth blowing all my dueling crests either.. so.. i dunno. we'll see how the session plays out. haha

22 minutes ago, Azuris said:

@Vaximillian  @Rinco Congratulations to both of you. The first crown feels pretty good.

@daisy jane Congrats to you as well. Keep at it, if I can get crowns you can, too.

eventually!! once i figure how to get there!

2 minutes ago, Usana said:

@daisy jane It always surprises me to see your comments here. I keep thinking you are higher up then you are. Congrats! And may you climb to 20! I spent a real long time bouncing between 19 and 20. Even rather recently.

Speaking of. It looks like I will climb back up into crown territory again. Apparently all I needed was another main armor(Armored Myrrh). Brought my average match up from about 728 to 734. And I am pretty sure 3730 should be enough.

I did have a scare though where I didn't think I would be able to complete a lossless run this time. TOO MANY REDS. I tried at first with F!Corrin form this banner and the average of 2-3 reds per match made it darn near impossible to get reliable bonus kills. I am so glad I burned orbs and got a Male Corrin too. At the time I thought it might have been a waste. I won't fodder my only copy(usually) and I don't see myself using him much and wasn't planning to use him since he scores less than F!Corrin. But F!Corrin had too much of an uphill battle against the armies of red I was seeing. Even M!Corrin was having trouble though because apparently everyone and their great grandmother has broken out the Falchions for this season.

hehehe you're not the first person who says that ;) thanks! i hope to get to 20! 
I've been seeing a lot of reds too. Minizura can hold on but not that much. 

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

lol nope ;) i'm back at 18 hahaa i knew it was basically a "blip". usually on the first day i am firmly entrenched in 17 and i know i am gonna drop from 18. so i was like :o that's what 19 looks like. but i dropped.. i'm 14,438 and the cut off is 12,786. . I have to stay in beginner to ensure the kill i need from Minizura. (and Exalted Chrom killed her last time). I don't know if it's worth blowing all my dueling crests either.. so.. i dunno. we'll see how the session plays out. haha

37 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Try advanced, I bet you'll score well. Like in TTs ;-) 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

hahaha nope. that one i i probably will but i can't guarantee i wouldn't lose 1/2 my units which also impacts score, right? 

Yeah, possibly losing units lowers your score. But choosing beginner or intermediate will lower your score guaranteedly. 

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@daisy jane I know you will reach Tier 20 someday. What are the units you are using for this Arena Season?

Fjorm (her kit + spur atk)
Ryoma (his kit + something spd i think?) (he was used for the Waterboost. (If it was Earth, this would be Ike)
Tiki (+1 merge). her kit + armoured boots
Minizura (now armed with Wings of Mercy, Hone Atk 3 + the Atk/Def upgraded to 2). 

Minizura can hold her own against Veronica, and Lyn (whom i see often). If I get Fjorm in position (or Ryoma), i can get a chink off the red unit i often see - then MInizura can just obliterate everyone else. (but because i try to go for the Flawless Victory (minus using a unit) sometimes Tiki needs to get in there and fix people up ;) 

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Fjorm (her kit + spur atk)
Ryoma (his kit + something spd i think?) (he was used for the Waterboost. (If it was Earth, this would be Ike)
Tiki (+1 merge). her kit + armoured boots
Minizura (now armed with Wings of Mercy, Hone Atk 3 + the Atk/Def upgraded to 2). 

Minizura can hold her own against Veronica, and Lyn (whom i see often). If I get Fjorm in position (or Ryoma), i can get a chink off the red unit i often see - then MInizura can just obliterate everyone else. (but because i try to go for the Flawless Victory (minus using a unit) sometimes Tiki needs to get in there and fix people up ;) 

You can change Minizura's Hone Atk 3 for Atk Smoke from a 4* Kaze (if you have one), so you can lower enemy's Atk and help Azura to have a higher chance to survive. Also, instead of trying to get all the kills with Azura on beginner, play on Advanced without trying to give all the kill to her. You will score better this way. Also, use and abuse of in-combat buffs, since they will not be lower by the panic effect.

Another think you can start to do is invest in some +10 units. Nowi is a good exemple, since she scores well and she is on the 3*-4* pool. Two others good units are OG Marth and OG Male Corrin, both in the 3*-4* pool. Marth has his Refined Falchion, which grants +2 to all stats to any ally, and Male Corrin has his Yato which grants +4 to the support ally. If you give a refined Yato to Male Corrin, and make him support Minizura, Corrin will give Minizura +6 to all stats when adjacent to her, which will become +11 if Azura has the Spd/Res Bond + Atk/Def Bond combo. And, for the next arena bonus units, you can change Male Corrin's support ally, so you can grant the +6 bonus to the next bonus ally.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You can change Minizura's Hone Atk 3 for Atk Smoke from a 4* Kaze (if you have one), so you can lower enemy's Atk and help Azura to have a higher chance to survive. Also, instead of trying to get all the kills with Azura on beginner, play on Advanced without trying to give all the kill to her. You will score better this way. Also, use and abuse of in-combat buffs, since they will not be lower by the panic effect.

Another think you can start to do is invest in some +10 units. Nowi is a good exemple, since she scores well and she is on the 3*-4* pool. Two others good units are OG Marth and OG Male Corrin, both in the 3*-4* pool. Marth has his Refined Falchion, which grants +2 to all stats to any ally, and Male Corrin has his Yato which grants +4 to the support ally. If you give a refined Yato to Male Corrin, and make him support Minizura, Corrin will give Minizura +6 to all stats when adjacent to her, which will become +11 if Azura has the Spd/Res Bond + Atk/Def Bond combo. And, for the next arena bonus units, you can change Male Corrin's support ally, so you can grant the +6 bonus to the next bonus ally.

that's what I was thinking! Atk Smoke (and Glimmer)  - but because she won't really see combat after this (and i am actually really low on supplies, I just gave her my Dancer Combo of WoM/HTA3, so i have to grind up more SP for her anyway). 

That's what I am also working on :) my +10 units. (It just takes forever for me) but thanks so much for these tips.
I don't even know if i have OGM!Corrin.. oh i do. just one though. 
I do have several silver marths (and one gold marth) so i could work on that. :) 

(what do you mean by support ally?)

29 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

(what do you mean by support ally?)

Ally Support. With his Refined Yato, if Male Corrin has a C, B, A or S support with another unit, he will grants to that unit +4 Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat if in 2 spaces.

Let's say Male Corrin has a S-Support with Minizura, and he has Spur Def/Res from a 4* Male Morgan as his C-Skill and Spur Atk 3 as his Sacred Seal. If Male Corrin is adjacent to Minizura, Minizura will receive +10 Atk, +6 Spd, +9 Def and +9 Res during combat, which can become +15 Atk, +11 Spd, + 14 Def and + 14 Res if Minizura has the Spd/Res Bond + Atk/Def Bond combo, and it can become way more interesting if Azura has her unique tome "Book of Shadows" to debuff foe's stats.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

@daisy jane I don't know how big the difference in Beginner-Intermediate-Advance scores is lower down(been a while since I was down there), but up here it is definitely better to not get all bonus kills but run advance than to get all bonus kills on beginner. Here is the scores for my range.

Beginner - 682
Intermediate - 702
Advance - 734

All the bonus kills will net you 12 points per match. So in my case beginner + all is only worth 694 points. So even jumping up to Intermediate and getting 1/4 of the kills would be better. Obviously Advance is the best since the jump is biggest there. But just look at yours. If the difference is more than 12 points than that means that even if you get no bonus kills you are better off with the higher challenge(assuming you don't lose units of course). If the difference is 10 points that means all you need is 1 bonus kill per match to beat out the lower difficulty(not too hard).

As for losing units. I am sure folks here can attest that we don't always get a deathless the first try. It may take a couple attempts. As long as you aren't having to try dozens of times then you are at the right difficulty in my opinion. As for losing units the penalties are 10% per unit lost. So in my case my 734 would become 660, so yeah losing units is a big no. But sometimes you just get a real bad draw and it isn't that the difficulty is too hard in general. Though with all the reds running about today, using MiniZura as you main killer is going to be nearly impossible on advance. But advance may still score better for you even with no bonus kills.

23 minutes ago, Usana said:

Though with all the reds running about today, using MiniZura as you main killer is going to be nearly impossible on advance. But advance may still score better for you even with no bonus kills.

I can say that I'm getting many, many kills with minizura, even against reds. Currently running her with:

Book of Shadows/Sing/Blazing Flame/Spd-Res Bond/Wings of Mercy/Atk Smoke/Atk-Def Bond

She lowers my score due to 140 BST, though

53 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I can say that I'm getting many, many kills with minizura, even against reds. Currently running her with:

Book of Shadows/Sing/Blazing Flame/Spd-Res Bond/Wings of Mercy/Atk Smoke/Atk-Def Bond

She lowers my score due to 140 BST, though

yah... i was really thinking about giving her glimmer/atk-smoke
(when i earn some more SP i'll probably do this for options. 

Can't believe Lolizura is the answer to L!Tiki that I've needed all this time~

@daisy jane, Tier 19, yesss, congrats! Road to T20!~

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Guess someone really likes Corrin (F): 

NmEbe3E.png

lUm7s94.png

LmagzRa.png

b1hDnKA.png

Of course all are +10 ... 

No Summer Corrin, I am disappoint~

Edited by Landmaster

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Can't believe Lolizura is the answer to L!Tiki that I've needed all this time~

@daisy jane, Tier 19, yesss, congrats! Road to T20!~

No Summer Corrin, I am disappoint~

Minizura can seriously take a pounding. she can take on Hardin, M!Grima in the right circumstances and Tiki. 
well. im not in Tier 19 anymore haha

19 hours ago, Landmaster said:

You'll make it back tho XP

hopefully. it was a nice feeling being in 19 ;) i was like. heey. progress!
I'm going to try everyone's advice and try doing some advanced. 

hmm. okay. i might have to do 6 rounds tomorrow - see how that impacts my score if i stay strictly in advanced. i'm still in 17 land 

ugh. this sucks. i was doing so well, and then with one round to go. i got k-o'ed with Nino/Black Knight/B!Lyn/Ninian. (sigh). 

Edited by daisy jane

I just had the most disgusting Arena Assault experience I can imagine.

I faced +10 Nowi every round. I wonder why, because on my first team the only merged unit was a +8 Adult Tiki. Lost the final round, so I still need to get back in there.

Arena Assault is becoming a lot of stress lately.

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

I just had the most disgusting Arena Assault experience I can imagine.

I faced +10 Nowi every round. I wonder why, because on my first team the only merged unit was a +8 Adult Tiki. Lost the final round, so I still need to get back in there.

Arena Assault is becoming a lot of stress lately.

Nowis can be annoying, but you can beat them with unmerged units. Dorcas, Anna, Airzura, Titania, BH!Marth & Myrrh work well enough for me. And then there are still Dazzle healers and Bladetome nukers as last resort. 

The fights in AA aren't that bad for me currently. What I don't like is that I can't fish for good scores. With the same team as last week and a perfect 7 streak with 25/28 blessed units (I'm not changing blessings of the starting 4), I'm 13 points below my last week's score for whatever reason. 

The other thing are the rewards: rocks, coins and feathers are good, but I've already collected a nice heap of them. I'm tempted to do just the minimum, keeping them flowing in an acceptable pace. 

Fuck! I keep making stupid mistakes. Wasted like 10 to 20 Dueling Swords fishing for score until I keep fucking up on the last battle. I really wish they could implement a system to allow Enemy Phase units get a battle preview.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Fuck! I keep making stupid mistakes. Wasted like 10 to 20 Dueling Swords fishing for score until I keep fucking up on the last battle. I really wish they could implement a system to allow Enemy Phase units get a battle preview.

i agree. 
I keep getting killed by Double B!Lyns/Veronicas :(