Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Score of 4524:

• Ground Zero (2AM PST Mar 28) - #440
  • 13 Hours Later - #1458
  • 37 Hours Later - #3588
  • 61 Hours Later - #4990

The rate's starting to fall off. Gonna lose top 5k soon, but that was all but assumed. If the new rate continues, I should barely stay in top 10k. I did pull a better mage (+Res/-Atk Linde, so she could be better, but eh), so we'll see if maybe I can push my score higher.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering how a team of 3 mages could be matched against my of Hector and Eirika and 2 fury. Turned out they are whales.

Just wondering why they haven't changed the weapons if you can whale all +10 units though...

My score of 4550 is ranked 2939 at the moment, so I'm not sure if this can hold top 5k. 

2 minutes ago, OKigen said:

Wondering how a team of 3 mages could be matched against my of Hector and Eirika and 2 fury. Turned out they are whales.

What's your stat total? Before I upgraded Lucina's Fury I rarely ran into mages, but now I run into buff teams every other game, which is strange. They do have high levels of merge, though, so I can relate somewhat.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

My score of 4550 is ranked 2939 at the moment, so I'm not sure if this can hold top 5k. 

What's your stat total? Before I upgraded Lucina's Fury I rarely ran into mages, but now I run into buff teams every other game, which is strange. They do have high levels of merge, though, so I can relate somewhat.

My BST is 693 including a fury 2 and a fury 3. 

I still havent played the map yet. Need to think carefully because Hector is more a liability now lol

Got an early deathless run for 4,600 points, my new high score, and a rank of 1,013. I think I've got the top 5k secured, but it'll be tough to improve this enough to break into the top 1k. Time to start using the "cancel low-score battles" strat.

The bridge map and the mountain map is pretty hard to play around using bait&counter strats. I think I'm not gonna bother with deathless run this week since my Lucius would almost always fall in those maps.

Holy shit I just ran into my first legitimate dragon team (+7 A!Tiki, +5 Y!Tiki (with Lightning Breath), Ninian, +2 Nowi) with two Fortify Dragons (Y!Tiki also had it). That was actually terrifying. I don't have any Falchion units, so my only dragon counter is Julia, which USUALLY works well except when I run into a goddamn +7 A!Tiki with Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte jeeez. 

EDIT: Also ran into a 5* Draug with Wo Dao+ :O most interesting thing I've seen in Arena all week

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Adding a flying unit to my team seems to be a good thing. Got two others defending wins. Michalis does the job pretty well with a Brave Axe (he's 4*, so for the arena, I was thinking it was a best shot than a simple Silver Axe). Made me think if I pass him the Brave Axe+ or let the Hauteclere. I think I'll need to test latter. And finish his skill set first.

I've encountered many only-red teams... But that was the first time I ran into an only-green team (Camilla, Nino, Minerva and Hawkeye). Lost just Lissa in the fight. Hawkeye was the first out with Hana, then Nino with Michalis. Needed two fight to get down Camilla and Michalis conceded well against Minerva. Encouraging.

And for the record... I hate the double bridge map. Really. Always have the worst enemy team to battle here...

Broke into 4500 for the first time thanks to Fury. Could have been slightly better had Hector not died to +10 Camilla (how stupid I didn't check). My BST will return to normal soon when they base matching on pre-skill stats in April, which means I'll have to do my best on the effie's banner...

Edited by OKigen

11 hours ago, Othin said:

Got an early deathless run for 4,600 points, my new high score, and a rank of 1,013. I think I've got the top 5k secured, but it'll be tough to improve this enough to break into the top 1k. Time to start using the "cancel low-score battles" strat.

1,119 now. Doesn't seem to be going down fast.

My first attempt to beat this died to a horrifying "triple blade" team: Nino, Tharja, m!Robin, and Ninian.

Team: Sharena/Ursula/Felicia/Selena

3/28: Score: 4,088 Rank: 15,107
3/29: Score: 4,114 Rank: 28,227
3/30  Score: 4,176 Rank: 44,027
3/31  Score: 4,292 Rank: 38,669

Had a pretty nice run besides two deaths, I'm hoping I can stay in the 30-50K range but probably seems unlikely with 3 days remaining in the season.

Edited by Fei Mao

Managed to get a score of 4,303, giving me a rank of 37,197.  Hoping this stays in the top 50k.

26 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I hate the arena... :( I somehow got 4149 but it still says unranked. It's hard enough to break 4k as it is! 

It only updates every hour.

9 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Holy shit I just ran into my first legitimate dragon team (+7 A!Tiki, +5 Y!Tiki (with Lightning Breath), Ninian, +2 Nowi) with two Fortify Dragons (Y!Tiki also had it). That was actually terrifying. I don't have any Falchion units, so my only dragon counter is Julia, which USUALLY works well except when I run into a goddamn +7 A!Tiki with Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte jeeez. 

EDIT: Also ran into a 5* Draug with Wo Dao+ :O most interesting thing I've seen in Arena all week

This sounds like validation for me to start building my own dragon team in earnest.

Wo Dao+ is definitely Draug's best weapon. In my opinion, his best set overall is Wo Dao+, Moonbow, Distant Counter, and Quick Riposte, which is absolutely terrifying if you don't have a strong blue unit (preferably magic) and aren't killing him before his guaranteed follow-up attack activates Wo-Dao-boosted Moonbow.

I need to pull 1 more Hector to make my all-armor team a reality...

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

This sounds like validation for me to start building my own dragon team in earnest.

Wo Dao+ is definitely Draug's best weapon. In my opinion, his best set overall is Wo Dao+, Moonbow, Distant Counter, and Quick Riposte, which is absolutely terrifying if you don't have a strong blue unit (preferably magic) and aren't killing him before his guaranteed follow-up attack activates Wo-Dao-boosted Moonbow.

I need to pull 1 more Hector to make my all-armor team a reality...

Oh yeah it was a Wo Dao + Moonbow set. No Distant Counter though (presumably not everyone has a Hector), which is lucky for me bc I was able to snipe him from afar with Julia (it was the mountain map, so I could get him over the mountain while he was far away :P)

Score of 4524:

• Ground Zero (2AM PST Mar 28) - #440
  • 13 Hours Later - #1458
  • 37 Hours Later - #3588
  • 61 Hours Later - #4990
  • 85 Hours Later - #6062

Gotta improve that score by quite a bit if I want top 5k. It might be possible, given that having Linde over M!Robin improves my BST enough that I tend toward the higher 640s now. Also, it's waaaaaaaay easier to win fights with her killing power. Really need to nab a new Hinata to sacrifice for Fury 3, though. >.>

3/29/2017 - offense 4,546; rank 1,434 (1:05AM PST) [deathless]
3/30/2017 - offense 4,568; rank 1,935 (3:06PM PST) [deathless]
3/31/2017 - offense 4,568; rank 2,408 (5:58PM PST) [deathless]

Team:
(all Level 40 and 5*)
+Atk/-Spd Ninian (163)
+Res/-HP Ryoma (173; +Vantage 2)
neutral Sharena (177; +Threaten Spd 3)
+Def/-Spd Minerva (174; +Draconic Aura)
BST687

If I don't drop out of the top 5K by the season's end, my first time being there! If I drop below 5K, well, gives me more time to think about improving the team. I think it's just Ninian at that point, and she's my good bonus unit.

Edited by Dual Dragons

So having the exact same score as last week being 4,614 I was able to secure a top 1k  spot but with 2 more days for this week I am sitting at 930ish with 4,614 so a bit worse off than last week v.v dont know if Ill stay in top 1k this week.

I really hope Minerva is a bonus next week, though maybe I can replicate some of her uses with Michalis if she isn't. I already got this season's high score with my normal team (4412) so I used the arena to do some of my quests regarding killing with cav/flier/red with a team of Ryoma/Reinhardt/Minerva/Olivia, and so far I've done a lot more than 7 runs and all of them have been deathless, even on lava map and bridge map. Both Reinhardt and Minerva run reposition and Ryoma runs swap. Really fun to play.

Argh, I so often forget Catria has Armoured Blow that's not funny anymore. I drag her over Hector, see how much damage he would deal, place her next to him so that he lets her chip off some HP for Lilina to capitalise on. But then it turns out he can one-shot her. Why must I be so careless? Sharena does a better job chipping Hector anyway.

Team: Sharena/Ursula/Felicia/Selena

3/28  Score: 4,088 Rank: 15,107
3/29  Score: 4,114 Rank: 28,227
3/30  Score: 4,176 Rank: 44,027
3/31  Score: 4,292 Rank: 38,669
4/1    Score: 4,364 Rank: 29,781

Finally managed to get a deathless run, quite happy about it.

I'm not ranked and don't arena battle too much.

Current Defense Team:

All Lv. 40/5*: Effie, Linde, Marth, Takumi

I usually get defense results ~267 points (and get the highest amount of feathers from defense rewards)

Current Offensive Team:

All Lv. 40/5*: Linde, Marth, Takumi, Kagero

My most recent 7-in-a-row run through (all advanced) I netted 1,999 points... (and that is the highest score i've achieved)