You get no new heroes after first days of playing as f2p..?

moonson1

Hey! Pretty new to this game. But once you rerolled enough times to get some heroes you want, played 3-4 days (?) to finish most scenario maps except the extremely high stamina cost ones...then what? How are you supposed to summon new heroes as f2p? You dont get orbs any other way than finishing scenarios or maybe one or two from quests once in a while..? Actually, what do you do at all after a couple of days of playing? Only arena and 2-3 battles x2 times a day to do the remaining scenario maps before stamina runs out?

Edited by moonson1

It's kinda disappointing ... a little ... for the F2P. There isnt much challenge. (I would have to say Narcian was the biggest challenge thus far. It wasnt hard because they were overleveled. It's because they were well positioned)

Arena is pretty much a rock paper scissor game... however... you may twist it to your liking...

Pretty much the only way to get orbs is to wait ... and login each day. I focus on training these 1* / 2* ... but they are slow.

- Login bonuses
- Doing EVERY story map on Normal/Hard/Lunatic (that's 135 orbs just from the main story alone)
- Weekly special map
- Certain quests

It's not impossible, but it can be quite annoying.

You can't grind orbs, so once you've exhausted the immediate supply, you have to just wait for more to become available through maps or quests or login bonuses.

I've been working on training my whole team while waiting for more. Aside from the unwanted duplicates I discarded, I've gotten my whole team to at least 3* and almost all of them to level 20+. (54 heroes total, with a few duplicates I kept for various reasons.) I might go for their remaining available skills after I run out of low-level characters.

Edited by Othin

After how Pokémon Shuffle allowed players to accrue resources (however slowly), it seems kinda disappointing, yeah... In my case, I've already beaten all story missions (all difficulties and including the Sibling Bond stuff), bought all castle upgrades, and summoned as many times as I've been able to thus far... I've got one 5* to show for it (got another one but it was the same character lmao so ofc I'm gonna sell his ass for feathers) and a few of my favorites (better than none like before lmao so I'll take it I guess...).

Where I'm at right now, I won't have enough orbs to summon a full batch again until the Sibling event is over and I can't afford to drop money on the game. So... yeah. Pretty much hard-screwed haha.

And I mean, I'm happy enough with who I've got right now, but the appearance of new characters that I still like has been petering off so essentially I've got nothing to do but grind who I decided to keep and save feathers for bumping them all up in star rank. And I'm still gonna play and all, but... yeah... Not being able to get new characters that you like makes it hard for the game to stay fresh and fun over time, even if I like who I've got now.

Also, my 4% 5* appearance rate reset when the last Summon Focus ended and I'm pretty salty that that NEVER paid off haha RIP me

Edited by BANRYU

Yeah, its a bit underwhelming. I only have 3 more maps on Lunatic and other then daily login I've pretty much exhausted all sources of orbs. There isn't much else other than train up your lower stars to 20+. I'm able to stave off some boredom by deciding to actually try to finish the lunatic arena quests. Really though, there isn't much to do once you have a decent team of lv40 other then arena. 

Edited by Kiran

46 minutes ago, moonson1 said:

Hey! Pretty new to this game. But once you rerolled enough times to get some heroes you want, played 3-4 days (?) to finish most scenario maps except the extremely high stamina cost ones...then what? How are you supposed to summon new heroes as f2p? You dont get orbs any other way than finishing scenarios or maybe one or two from quests once in a while..? Actually, what do you do at all after a couple of days of playing? Only arena and 2-3 battles x2 times a day to do the remaining scenario maps before stamina runs out?

You basically get what you get and don't get upset. It took 2 weeks for me to have 3 chapters left (15 orbs) cause my main focus wasnt the story, instead I just started training my units mad high because of arena. So after a couple days of playing, maybe a week for a stretch, life in the game is spamming training tower. some people don't discard their characters at all because orbs are hard to get and just save them for meta-changes which isn't a terrible idea because you can have up to 200 stored units (kinda broken).

8 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Where I'm at right now, I won't have enough orbs to summon a full batch again until the Sibling event is over and I can't afford to drop money on the game. So... yeah. Pretty much hard-screwed haha.

With 7 more days of two free Orbs per day and another special map offering six more Orbs coming soon (three on both of the two difficulty levels), it should be possible for everyone to get 20 more Orbs before the end of the event and do at least one more full summon batch.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

With 7 more days of two free Orbs per day and another special map offering six more Orbs coming soon (three on both of the two difficulty levels), it should be possible for everyone to get 20 more Orbs before the end of the event and do at least one more full summon batch.

Ahh!! That is good to know! @3@ I was hoping for another special celebration map with orbs so it's good to know that will actually be happening ;;

Just now, BANRYU said:

Ahh!! That is good to know! @3@ I was hoping for another special celebration map with orbs so it's good to know that will actually be happening ;;

Yeah my understanding is that there's supposed to be five, released one per week. So the third one should be coming soon.

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

You basically get what you get and don't get upset. It took 2 weeks for me to have 3 chapters left (15 orbs) cause my main focus wasnt the story, instead I just started training my units mad high because of arena. So after a couple days of playing, maybe a week for a stretch, life in the game is spamming training tower. some people don't discard their characters at all because orbs are hard to get and just save them for meta-changes which isn't a terrible idea because you can have up to 200 stored units (kinda broken).

With the sheer volume of Fire Emblem characters available, I don't think 200 is unreasonable.  I've got 74 units right now.  I only release doubles.

8 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

More than that, actually. The login bonus period was extended to March 14th.

I'm hoping they'll keep giving out a daily login bonus after that, even if it's only reduced to one orb, but I guess we'll see.

We have a ways more to go of two free Orbs per day, but we only have 7 days left of the current Focus, so only 7 of those login bonuses can count towards summons within that Focus.

Oh, right, sorry. I didn't think about the context here. Ignore me.

I'm hoping that we'll get some way to grind for orbs in the future, though. My money's on a way to exchange badges for random rewards like orbs and hero feathers, since we have too much of the former and very few ways to get the latter... but I've never played mobile games before so I don't know how these things tend to go.

Well it seems like we all have busted through all the content available and need to just wait.  Wish they would of changed the stamina somehow because 50 is not enough and no way I'm wasting my orbs on that.  Can only hope for new maps to continue the story soon.  

Until then good luck in the arena.  Or try a new game while you wait.  I've been playing King's Raid.  It just came out on Feb 15.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

You can't grind orbs, so once you've exhausted the immediate supply, you have to just wait for more to become available through maps or quests or login bonuses.

I've been working on training my whole team while waiting for more. Aside from the unwanted duplicates I discarded, I've gotten my whole team to at least 3* and almost all of them to level 20+. (54 heroes total, with a few duplicates I kept for various reasons.) I might go for their remaining available skills after I run out of low-level characters.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

With the sheer volume of Fire Emblem characters available, I don't think 200 is unreasonable.  I've got 74 units right now.  I only release doubles.

Most of less the same as you guys. I have 70. I think. I havent released duplicates. I kept them all.. including these 1*/2* favourite or people idc about. This you all just release them? (I figured meta change or ... train them from 1* to 5* and then merge)

Edited by Ryuke

10 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Most of less the same as you guys. I have 70. I think. I havent released duplicates. I kept them all.. including these 1*/2* favourite or people idc about. This you all just release them? (I figured meta change or ... train them from 1* to 5* and then merge)

I either merge my duplicates, if I plan to use them, or release them for feathers.  I seem to get the same units as duplicates over and over for some reason.  I've gotten a bunch of Cherches and Matthews, for some reason.  I also got 4 3* or 4* Olivias after I had already gone to the trouble of raising the freebie 2* up to 4*.  At least I got a +2 Olivia out of it.  I wish Leo wasn't a 5* only, since I want him, even if he's not any better battle-wise than my current team.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I either merge my duplicates, if I plan to use them, or release them for feathers.  I seem to get the same units as duplicates over and over for some reason.  I've gotten a bunch of Cherches and Matthews, for some reason.  I also got 4 3* or 4* Olivias after I had already gone to the trouble of raising the freebie 2* up to 4*.  At least I got a +2 Olivia out of it.  I wish Leo wasn't a 5* only, since I want him, even if he's not any better battle-wise than my current team.

Even plenty of my favourite that are 3*/4* ... have avoided me.

I somehow have 3 ... 3* Tiki in one summon (dont even ask that odd)

but if you do +2 early on.. you will lose it.. when you promote them to 5*... no?

Edited by Ryuke

Just now, Ryuke said:

Even plenty of my favourite that are 3*/4* ... have avoided me.

I somehow have 3 ... 3* Tiki in one summon (dont even ask that odd)

I had two separate Pulls lately where I got 2 Olivias.  For some reason, there are several units I haven't gotten at all, but a handful of units who keep getting drawn toward me.

I'm expecting to keep playing this game periodically for months just for character collection. With arena rewards every week, I'm just gonna make my own 5 stars while I summon for new characters in every content expansion. With expansions come paralogues, and paralogues mean more free orbs.

3 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I'm expecting to keep playing this game periodically for months just for character collection. With arena rewards every week, I'm just gonna make my own 5 stars while I summon for new characters in every content expansion. With expansions come paralogues, and paralogues mean more free orbs.

I've been doing just the 3 Arena battles a day for the most, part, since I like to horde my Crests.  I actually used a couple Crests today, because I'd like to at least get the Hard Arena rewards.  I'm not sure if I'll get all the Lunatic rewards, since I'll need to decide whether the 1000 feathers is worth dumping all my Crests for it.

At minimum, I'll need to play at least 3 days a week to get a string of 7 for the Arena, though.

At the very least, I like collecting characters for the artwork.

39 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've been doing just the 3 Arena battles a day for the most, part, since I like to horde my Crests.  I actually used a couple Crests today, because I'd like to at least get the Hard Arena rewards.  I'm not sure if I'll get all the Lunatic rewards, since I'll need to decide whether the 1000 feathers is worth dumping all my Crests for it.

At minimum, I'll need to play at least 3 days a week to get a string of 7 for the Arena, though.

At the very least, I like collecting characters for the artwork.

Clearing the 20 Adv arena battles for Lunatic nets you 10 more crests; I have 19 DCs currently (after getting those) and am sitting at 35/40 Intermediate battles and /80 regular battles... so... I feel like it's worth it? o30 since it perpetuates itself pretty good. Was planning to stop with around 10 crests left and do the rest on dailies otherwise.

Tbh, this game is going to die sooner than everyone thinks if Nintendo don't make things easier to obtain. This has to be the best graphics/artwork FE ever had too. The fact you can play your favorite characters from all the FE games is beyond amazing. 

The problem with this game is people paying way too much and ruining the game completely. What happens is that free content is reduced to a minimal greatly effecting F2P players, pretty much effecting everyone who doesn't buy more than once of those 140 orb packs a month. Even with the generous free orbs everyone have been getting just by playing the game until they run out is absolutely NOTHING to compete with those who pay to get good. I've seen someone with a Eirika LV.40 + 7 already. How is anyone going to compete with that? The people who pay plenty of money already get what they pay for. They're literally unbeatable and don't even have to worry about boon/bane completely ruining their characters because they're pretty much guarenteed to get dublicates anyway. 

Meanwhile F2P/none crazy spenders can't even play this game. That's how bad it is once you've completed all freebies.

All you can do is wait forever. You get 2 free orbs everyday, which they are going to remove in a few weeks, wow. That alone is 10 days to do 5 summons. 10 days for 5 characters which most likely are going to be really bad, sadly.

Feathers are impossible to get. By the time anyone's gathered 20k feathers they've most likely already quit. I'm not counting the free 10k everyone got. People say it's slow for everyone, even for those who pay. That's untrue. By being a big spender you get to summon way waaay more by your average player. That way you get more units to send home = more feathers. I've already seen people with 150k feathers on their accounts. That was before the 10k free feathers were handed out too....

Stamina isn't even an issue if you've completed all freebies. I have to say it's way too much stamina at this point as there's absolutely nothing you can use it for. The units you use already have maxed out level/skills. The lower stars you decide to keep and eventually promote can't really do anything as it will take 1 month before you even have the feathers needed to do so. You start off the day by beating Tenth Stratum for free daily once a day crystals. Then you do the special map 2x for free 15 feathers(send home, why not?). Now, 3 arena duels. Save your arena swords until next arena quests appear. If you're lucky there's a new update and you can actually have fun for once until you've completed them too. All you can literally do is leveling up useless low star units because there's nothing else to do before sending them home next month when you're reaching 20k feathers. 

My issue with this game isn't that it's pay to win to the core. Sure, they pay. Let them enjoy being at the very top forever. My issue is that it's completely unplayable if you don't. Sure, I can't touch them in arena, won't be able to touch them in PvP(That's the unclickable questionmark?), won't have close as fancy units on my account. But, please.... I should be able to play and keep myself interested. FE Hereos is special in that aspect as most complains with pay to win games is that people at the top are untouchable, however, in FE Hereos I think most of the people couldn't care less about the people at the top. It's literally unplayable for everyone who isn't... 

I guess alot of people are going to quit all together once the free 2 orbs are removed as it's really boring and slow as it is already. People like me can only log on on reset, finish arena, special map, stratum then log off for the entire day wasting all your stamina because there's absolutely nothing you can use it on. 

I've finished pretty much everything possible. Done all stories on all modes. Done all quests on lunatic. Only family bonds that requries you to have the focus 5* are left as it's obvious pay to finish them all.  Spent 0$. I don't mind spending at all. Spend money if you support the game. I'm just not a fan of not being able to play a game if you don't keep spending money. Amazing game. Really bad direction. 

Edited by TEHPWNZOR