Pegasus Knights

bethany81707

So, I'm a big fan of pegasus knights. I may have gotten a little excited when I got a four star Est. And then I got a three star Palla. And then I got a four star Catria.

And then my first thought jumped to this:

Screenshot_2017-02-21-17-39-20.thumb.png.7c6b31abfef512c514a63f2e7f25b24c.png

(Est is so much higher level due to being gotten first and used in a team that's challenged difficult trials).

...Sadly, it doesn't work. But considering the map, I'm impressed I set it up.

23 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

I imagine Lissa's face to be JUST THAT while watching the triangle attack.

Indeed, they've already forgotten this fine manoeuvre by Lissa's time. The sight must be spectacular.

I gotta say, on most FE games, I tend to not use peg units since I favor sword and bow units and I like to move as a pack, but I've been playing gaiden and the peg sisters are amazing. They're all pretty well rounded, and I love Est's baller res. 

Edit: I didn't realize this was a heroes thread lol oh well, still probably applies to heroes. 

Edited by skabahk

Thanks for posting this I laughed!  I'm working on prepping a Pegasus Knight group myself too.  I've got Cordelia to lead the charge aswell.  But I'm thinking of going with all triangle 20% bonus fliers to try and abuse matchups.

7 hours ago, Katrisa said:

Thanks for posting this I laughed!  I'm working on prepping a Pegasus Knight group myself too.  I've got Cordelia to lead the charge aswell.  But I'm thinking of going with all triangle 20% bonus fliers to try and abuse matchups.

...You're talking about the Ruby Sword/Emerald Axe/Sapphire Lance thing, right? Because I thought you meant 'all Whitewings' at first.

9 hours ago, Katrisa said:

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

...You're talking about the Ruby Sword/Emerald Axe/Sapphire Lance thing, right? Because I thought you meant 'all Whitewings' at first.

I think this could actually work... Palla, Tsubaki, and Narcien all have the necessary gem weapons in question, so all you'd really need is a good anti-grey/archer unit like Robin or Kagero or something. 

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

I think this could actually work... Palla, Tsubaki, and Narcien all have the necessary gem weapons in question, so all you'd really need is a good anti-grey/archer unit like Robin or Kagero or something. 

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Exactly. From my experience in the arena my Sapphire lance flying character is devastating since mobility allows you to strategically split and bait.  And the 20% color advantage lets you tank a few hits from anything you have color advantage over.  In  Cordelia's case she can oneshot most non tank blues aswell.  But I figure if you're going to build an all flying team that seams viable.  I suspect it would be enough to take down a tank aswell given Palla and Narcien have damage ultimates.

15 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

Exactly. From my experience in the arena my Sapphire lance flying character is devastating since mobility allows you to strategically split and bait.  And the 20% color advantage lets you tank a few hits from anything you have color advantage over.  In  Cordelia's case she can oneshot most non tank blues aswell.  But I figure if you're going to build an all flying team that seams viable.  I suspect it would be enough to take down a tank aswell given Palla and Narcien have damage ultimates.

I thought Cordelia had a Brave Lance, though. Well the concept seems sound, since Brave is a bit more versatile than the RGB weapons, so could definitely still work that way. 

I don't think the pegasus knight TA has ever been affected by what weapons the participants wield... I've certainly spammed it a lot it Sacred Stones without noticing which pegs were using lances and which were training in swords.

Though I do have a Subaki...

34 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I think Caeda comes first. And considering my love/luck for pegasus knights doesn't seem to extend to wyverns...

Nope, it's Minerva, the commander of the Whitewings!  Caeda's a princess from a foreign country, and thus tangentially fits the theme by virtue of her starting class, not lore.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Nope, it's Minerva, the commander of the Whitewings!  Caeda's a princess from a foreign country, and thus tangentially fits the theme by virtue of her starting class, not lore.

Shows how much of Akaneia I remember.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Shows how much of Akaneia I remember.

It really doesn't make sense, IMO - why do pegasus knights promote and change mount species?  However, Macedonia's the land of flying things, and Talys. . .yeah, I got nothing.

The Whitewings got a lot of lore coverage in the DS games.  And like the GBA games, the sisters each say something when they initiate the triangle attack for the first time.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It really doesn't make sense, IMO - why do pegasus knights promote and change mount species?  However, Macedonia's the land of flying things, and Talys. . .yeah, I got nothing.

The Whitewings got a lot of lore coverage in the DS games.  And like the GBA games, the sisters each say something when they initiate the triangle attack for the first time.

Isn't there a convo about how Minerva used to be a PK?

Or i remember it wrong. It does not make sense at all yeah

9 minutes ago, JSND said:

Isn't there a convo about how Minerva used to be a PK?

Or i remember it wrong. It does not make sense at all yeah

Yeah, there is a convo in New Mystery. It all boils down to wyverns are cool, Macedonian royalty rides wyverns, Minerva ditches her pegasus for a wyvern.

Doesn't make sense for all other peg knights though.

11 hours ago, BANRYU said:

I thought Cordelia had a Brave Lance, though. Well the concept seems sound, since Brave is a bit more versatile than the RGB weapons, so could definitely still work that way. 

Cordelia does have Brave lance... but she also has  Triangle Adept granting her the +20%+ to Red and -20% to Green.  Making her an alternate option to  Tsubaki in a Palla, Tsubaki, and Narcien for Ruby Sword/Emerald Axe/Sapphire Lance.  

I'm leveling this group now and having silly fun.  Triangle adept/gem weapons are a great way to combat all kinds of problems.

Edited by Katrisa

57 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

Cordelia does have Brave lance... but she also has  Triangle Adept granting her the +20%+ to Red and -20% to Green.  Making her an alternate option to  Tsubaki in a Palla, Tsubaki, and Narcien for Ruby Sword/Emerald Axe/Sapphire Lance.  

I'm leveling this group now and having silly fun.  Triangle adept/gem weapons are a great way to combat all kinds of problems.

Ahh gotcha, that I didn't know. Haha good xD Glad you're having fun with it... x3