• Shareena
    • Chrom
    • Lucina
    • Ephraim
    • Eirika
    • Leo
    • Elise
    • Unsure

Wait, so do we really need said character to join that character's team? I just re-read it, and I don't think we need to. It sounds like we just fight FOR them (their popularity).

My predictions:

Spoiler

----- Round 1 -----

Alfonse vs. Chrom - this one could go either way. They'e kind of the same.

Ephraim vs. Leo - As much as I want Leo to win, Ephriam's gonna whoop his ass to the moon from popularity alone. Popularity + Nostalgia = Round 2 for him.

Sharena vs. Lucina - Opinion based from popularity polls.

Eirika vs. Elise - Nostalgia factor. 

----- Round 2 -----

??? vs. Ephriam - Doesn't matter whether Alfonse or Chrom wins, because whomever did win round one just got themselves a free ticket to the moon to meet up with Leo...

Eirika vs. Lucina - Well shit. This one could really go either way...

----- Round 3 -----

Ephraim vs. Eirika - I don't know. Pure guessing at this point. (I can't see Ephraim sending her to the moon.)

Ephraim vs. Lucina - I can see this being really close, but Ephraim taking the cake by a hair.

Take this with a grain of salt.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Wait, so do we really need said character to join that character's team? I just re-read it, and I don't think we need to. It sounds like we just fight FOR them (their popularity).

You don't need the character to join said character's team but having that character gives you a voting boost for that character's team if you use the character in the gauntlet.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

You don't need the character to join said character's team but having that character gives you a voting boost for that character's team if you use the character in the gauntlet.

Ah that makes more sense. I just saw a lot of "I'm joining [name]'s team because its the only unit I have." It was confusing.

17 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

My predictions:

Reveal hidden contents

----- Round 1 -----

Alfonse vs. Chrom - this one could go either way. They'e kind of the same.

Ephraim vs. Leo - As much as I want Leo to win, Ephriam's gonna whoop his ass to the moon from popularity alone. Popularity + Nostalgia = Round 2 for him.

Sharena vs. Lucina - Opinion based from popularity polls.

Eirika vs. Elise - Nostalgia factor. 

----- Round 2 -----

??? vs. Ephriam - Doesn't matter whether Alfonse or Chrom wins, because whomever did win round one just got themselves a free ticket to the moon to meet up with Leo...

Eirika vs. Lucina - Well shit. This one could really go either way...

----- Round 3 -----

Ephraim vs. Eirika - I don't know. Pure guessing at this point. (I can't see Ephraim sending her to the moon.)

Ephraim vs. Lucina - I can see this being really close, but Ephraim taking the cake by a hair.

Take this with a grain of salt.

I like your predictions. Be sure to join team Ephraim F̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.

3 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Ah that makes more sense. I just saw a lot of "I'm joining [name]'s team because its the only unit I have." It was confusing.

There are also rewards for your ranking within your team, so having your team's character will get you a better rank in the team, and thus, better rewards as well.

Best choices for this gauntlet would be Ephraim and Sharena from what I can see. People joining Elise would likely have to use a different character (and therefore be disadvantaged since they wouldn't get the voting boost) since healers aren't exactly meant to be used for direct combat and Ephraim and Sharena have WTA over all other characters in the gauntlet. If people want to use other characters just to screw over Ephraim and Sharena, they'd have to deal with opposing sword gauntlet characters (red-heavy meta) and not getting the voting boost.

Ephraim's advantages are that he's a 5-star only unit and hits, assuming neutral IVs, 51 Atk, 45 HP, and 32 Def at lv. 40, no merges. He also gets Moonbow, Seal Def, and Threaten Def. However, he's hard to get due to being a 5-star only unit and hits only 25 Spd assuming neutral Spd IV at lv. 40. Ephraim, given that he's a gacha-only character, may or may not have ideal or otherwise good or workable IVs. He's no longer a Focus unit, either, meaning that he's harder to get than at his release, which wasn't a day one release to begin with.

Sharena's biggest advantages are that she's a guaranteed story unit and provides team support through Fortify Def and Rally Atk. She also doubles opposing Ephraim. The main disadvantages are that she requires an investment of time and resources to compete against other units since she starts out as a 2-star unit. She also only has neutral IVs, which can give her an edge over enemy units with subpar IVs but puts her at a disadvantage against enemy units with good/ideal IVs. Aside from Spd and Res, all of her stat caps, even at 5-stars, are weaker than full neutral Ephraim's.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'm surprised Ephraim's winning; maybe he has a chance after all :O that said though, Serenes is only a small portion of the playerbase, so I'm still scared for the inevitable army of Lucina/Sharena supporters...

As this event is just one big popularity contest, going with Lucina. Not because I particularly like her over the others, but because either her or Sharena are going to win, and it's too early to tell just how popular Sharena is..

I'm going to originally vote Leo (I do have him on my team and can make him available via front line unit if we're able to pick what friend we go with - unlikely, I know), but when/if he loses (what, I'm hopeful -.-), then Ephraim all the way after that, although I sadly don't have him as a unit :(

3 hours ago, Thany said:

It looks like Chrom... is Not going to get his chance this voting day.

Then I shall become his only support even though I don't have him.

Unless the rewards are real good

1 hour ago, pianime94 said:

Then I shall become his only support even though I don't have him.

Unless the rewards are real good

Cmon dude. You don't even have him and you're supporting that loser? Join team Ephraim!

6 hours ago, Thany said:

It looks like Chrom... is Not going to get his chance this voting day.

Misses out in Smash Bros. Won't make it here. An eternal second to Robin. The story of Luigi.

50 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Cmon dude. You don't even have him and you're supporting that loser? Join team Ephraim!

Reading your posts, I think I'm soon going to start hallucinating Ephraim chants :(:

18 minutes ago, Skala_Bundet said:

Misses out in Smash Bros. Won't make it here. An eternal second to Robin. The story of Luigi.

All the awakening fans are voting for Lucina. RIP Chrom (unless Lucy loses round 1)

31 minutes ago, Skala_Bundet said:

Reading your posts, I think I'm soon going to start hallucinating Ephraim chants :(:

I don't see anything wrong with that :XD:

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I have 11 Ephraims on my friends list now. I don't see anything wrong with that either :)

I don't have Ephraim so I'd rather put someone to help a little more. I'll keep my Lyn just in case of the occasional axe user people will try to use to stop our destined path of bloodshed and warfare. No one will stop us!

22 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

All the awakening fans are voting for Lucina. RIP Chrom (unless Lucy loses round 1)

I bet this is going to develop into a pre-Awakening/post-Awakening fandom war. Start picking your sides! :XD:

I'm picking Sharena. She and Alfonse are the only ones I have, and they're both almost lv40, with Sharena being better positioned because of both stats and weapon triangle. And I figure a lot of other people are in a similar position.

11 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

I bet this is going to develop into a pre-Awakening/post-Awakening fandom war. Start picking your sides! :XD:

tfw the only pre-awakening reps are the Renais twins. We have the power of salty elitists on our side! :P:

58 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

tfw the only pre-awakening reps are the Renais twins. We have the power of salty elitists on our side! :P:

Go Ephraim! Gather all the Lucina-hate on the finals!

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'm picking Sharena. She and Alfonse are the only ones I have, and they're both almost lv40, with Sharena being better positioned because of both stats and weapon triangle. And I figure a lot of other people are in a similar position.

I really think Sharena-Lucina is going to be the meta defining match. With both having lots of backers, what will probably decide this mini-game is in what direction migrate the people who lost on the first round.

Ephraim is very popular on SF, evidently. Interesting.

I'm curious how Sharena vs. Lucina will play out. Lucina is an *extremely* popular character, but everybody has Sharena and Sharena has a WTA.

The other matchups will probably be blowouts. Unless Alfonse managed to be more popular than Chrom?

Does WTA even matter that much? Because I'm assuming we are all fighting against AI, thus making the battles not that difficult to win regardless of matchups. Looking at the poll, to nobody's surprise, Lucina is pulling ahead. Though Ephraim's fanbase does seem to be the more vocal of the two on SF.