Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Chrom 244.015.480 vs Alfonse 67.138.180

I hope Leo supporters support Chrom to crush Ephraim!

Why not support Ephraim to crush Lucina on the finals?? Lucina will get the biggest number of supporters nonetheless, I'll support anyone against her,but that team needs to save orbs.... A lot of it

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Not Enough Time Or Rhyme said:

I would have totally joined team leo for no reason, but I joined Lucina because I wanted orbs.

What is it with this false perception that only the winning team gets orbs? Everyone gets the orb rewards as long as we hit the milestones for total score.

No wonder Lucina has so many supporters.

Well, me being at work, I haven't had a chance to play yet.  I forget who I have as my lead right now.  I think it's either Julia or Abel.

I've also got Hector, Takumi, and Baby Tiki available.  Not sure who would be best.

Too bad I think my friend list is full.  I guess I could purge people who I don't know, but I always hate doing that.

1 minute ago, Raven said:

What is it with this false perception that only the winning team gets orbs? Everyone gets the orb rewards as long as we hit the milestones for total score.

It's kind of like how I characterize most American voters. Plenty of people only vote for who they think is going to win because they want to say they voted for the winner! It's kind of problematic.

12 minutes ago, Not Enough Time Or Rhyme said:

I would have totally joined team leo for no reason, but I joined Lucina because I wanted orbs.

Wait, you can get orbs through Voting Gauntlet? I thought it was just feathers?

Also, I joined team Sharena, because I thought you actually had to have the unit to support their team (otherwise, I would've gone Lucina). Team Sharena has almost 500 million points, which is a little over half a billion points behind Lucina at the moment.
So, will I be able to pick a different team after this round, since Sharena's not gonna win this one (unless Team Sharena somehow pulls out a billion or so points from nowhere, which... yeah, not happening)? Or will I be unable to participate further? Sorry if this has been answered in the thread already.

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

Wait, you can get orbs through Voting Gauntlet? I thought it was just feathers?

Also, I joined team Sharena, because I thought you actually had to have the unit to support their team (otherwise, I would've gone Lucina). Team Sharena has almost 500 million points, which is a little over half a billion points behind Lucina at the moment.
So, will I be able to pick a different team after this round, since Sharena's not gonna win this one (unless Team Sharena somehow pulls out a billion or so points from nowhere, which... yeah, not happening)? Or will I be unable to participate further? Sorry if this has been answered in the thread already.

Doesn't matter what team you joined for orbs. Its a joint effort in total votes and everyone will get the same amount of orbs. You can change teams if your current team loses.

7 minutes ago, Raven said:

That's a stupid excuse to be honest. I joined Ephraim's even though I think that he will not win.

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Doesn't matter what team you joined for orbs. Its a joint effort in total votes and everyone will get the same amount of orbs.

Ah, that's good. So, when'll those be given out? 'Cause I wanna pull from Princesses again (somehow lucked into 5-Star Eirika, wanna try my luck for Lucina before the pool goes away).

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

You can change teams if your current team loses.

Glad to hear, mate.

Gonna be switching to Lucina soon, then.

7 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Gonna be switching to Lucina soon, then.

*sigh*

The orb payout is given at 2 am each day, according to the event 

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Thalyon said:

Are you sure? I think it will given after all rounds of Gauntlet finish

It says so when you read the event. I thought the same too.

Edit: looks like everyday at 2 they only announce the total. It actually don't say exactly when so you are more than likely right.

Edited by Arcanite

4 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

encountered this setup, which I find pretty funny.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20170307-114812.png

I had one similar to this with ... I want to say Tharja and two m!Robins. (It was three mages, is the important thing.) I had Alfonse and two Camillas. I wasn't too happy with that because sure, they couldn't attack, but I couldn't break down the walls without eating an attack either. Good thing one of the Camillas was tanky, but I had to sacrifice Alfonse to kill Tharja ;_;

Current score? Uh, I'll get to it later.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It says so when you read the event. I thought the same too.

Wait, wat? The Orbs will be given after each round? Did I get this right?
(So... that would explain the goal being achieved so fast...)

Nah, they mention the rewards will be given later as a special log-in bonus. The only mention of time I saw is when they'll announce the total number of votes (which the event says it's everyday at 4:00am).

Edited by r4v1sh

"

23 minutes ago, Ace Pelleas said:

That's a stupid excuse to be honest. I joined Ephraim's even though I think that he will not win.

If it's Ephraim vs Lucina in the finals, you can bet I'll be backing him all the way.

Alfonse is at 79,500,720.

Chrom is at 294,168,648

I'm backing Eirika after this round because Eirika. Also, please tell me I'm not the only person in this thread who's supporting Alfonse.

The orb reward comes at the end of the gauntlet, after the final has been completed. There's no mention of giving out orbs after every round.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Alfonse is at 79,500,720.

Chrom is at 294,168,648

I'm backing Eirika after this round because Eirika. Also, please tell me I'm not the only person in this thread who's supporting Alfonse.

I was about to support Alfonse but I have Chrom and I like Chrom more, so yeah.

4 minutes ago, Luxian said:

My first time encountering 3 Takumis at once. I'm glad I'm not the only one XD. 

Screenshot_2017-03-07-21-56-35.thumb.png.4ce83882668793d8b06f8f97ccef9f16.png

Ephraim 408, 800, 180
Leo 296, 336, 981

Welp, that looks like the worst way possible to encounter takumi unless you have someone who can oneround him from range on player phase like Reinhardt or like, Hector or something. I don't think I can even get Ryoma to pull this off since he'll be forced to take threaten speed and can't double anymore.

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

Welp, that looks like the worst way possible to encounter takumi unless you have someone who can oneround him from range on player phase like Reinhardt or like, Hector or something. I don't think I can even get Ryoma to pull this off since he'll be forced to take threaten speed and can't double anymore.

Well, none of my units could one round any of the three, but somehow I managed to win thanks to Ally!Takumi+Ephraim duo and the map setting XD

I put Ephraim on the right of Middle!Takumi (where there is a breakable wall that Takumi took care of, two cases above Ephraim). However, I forgot that Takumi's Fujin Yumi gave him Pass, so Camilla died instantly... But then Ally!Takumi hit Middle!Takumi, took damage, Ephraim finished him off.

Then I took care of Right!Takumi using the same method, Takumi breaks the wall, but now Ephraim hits Right!Takumi and took damage, Ally!Takumi finishes Right!Takumi off. Now both Ephraim and Ally Takumi have skills triggered.

Same Method with Left!Takumi, I let Ephraim get close to him innocently to trigger Threaten Def, Left!Takumi tried to use Pass, but couldn't hit Ally!Takumi because he was at 1 range from the other, then Ally!Takumi triggers Vengeance. And Victory!! 

It was a little tedious, but I'm so glad it worked xD

Might as well actually post in this forum again after lurking for so long.

I joined team Ephraim because I guessed team Leo would be more popular because he was from Fates/generally a deeper character. I guessed wrong.

Either way though, I've resigned myself to the fact that no matter what happens, we're going to lose to Lucina. Goddamit, I like Lucina as much as the next guy, but she's become way too overrated.

46 minutes ago, Friendly_Ram said:

I left the arena to get away from this. 

*snip*

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Just now, SageOfAnys said:

Might as well actually post in this forum again after lurking for so long.

I joined team Ephraim because I guessed team Leo would be more popular because he was from Fates/generally a deeper character. I guessed wrong.

Either way though, I've resigned myself to the fact that no matter what happens, we're going to lose to Lucina. Goddamit, I like Lucina as much as the next guy, but she's become way too overrated.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Well, I suppose many of Lucina fans might have thrown quite the number of battle flags, so as long as we keep ours, there's still a glimpse of hope for us Ephraim supporters :3

Heck, if they didn't even use any battle flags, we are doomed...